Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2015, 21:49   #91
BHPian

Great review Rakesh! I'm working on these lines too. You're an inspiration on how to write a good point of view. Makes us all want to contribute more.
adrena is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 22:57   #92
AWD
BHPian

Re: Harley Davidson Street 750 - Ownership Review

Don't know whether this is already known or not here, but Harley is in the process of upgrading the 750. They would bring in the bike in a couple of months time. The company seems to be working on the issues that were reported with the bike, poor braking being one. So expect a better 750. I hope the company upgrades the essential equipment of previous 750 owners also.
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 07:54   #93
BHPian

Thanks for the log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_S View Post
WHR 2015 - AURANGABAD

On 16th April morning we were all set to ride to Aurangabad. The plan was simple, ride to Pune, sleepover and then ride to Aurangabad on 17th morning.

The roads were fantastic by our standards and we crossed Karnataka smoothly without any issues. The challenges came up once we crossed into Maharashtra. Riding on two lane highways in Maharashtra, it’s a bit different.
Which two lane highway did you ride on after crossing into MH?

Quote:
Satara area is known for this step-motherly treatment to unaware travellers.

Never heard of this. Can you elaborate?
Old 6th August 2015, 17:40   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
Thanks for the log.

Which two lane highway did you ride on after crossing into MH?

Never heard of this. Can you elaborate?
Lol...I think I need to work on me thought expressions in English. Thanks for pointing out, it was a four lane. I have this habit of discussing one side of the road only

Satara region with the influence of western ghats, tends to create rain shadows and unpredictable rains. Not that Banaglore is any different! So there you have torrential rains and perhaps 1/2 a km down the road its dry.

The guy I was standing with under the tree, mentioned to me that since that morning he had put on his rain suit 5 times

Take care and ride safe!
Old 6th August 2015, 17:52   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Lol...I think I need to work on me thought expressions in English. Thanks for pointing out, it was a four lane. I have this habit of discussing one side of the road only

Satara region with the influence of western ghats, tends to create rain shadows and unpredictable rains. Not that Banaglore is any different! So there you have torrential rains and perhaps 1/2 a km down the road its dry.

The guy I was standing with under the tree, mentioned to me that since that morning he had put on his rain suit 5 times

Take care and ride safe!
Oh I thought you were referring to the local populace .
But its a great area to explore and roam around in.
Old 6th August 2015, 19:15   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey if the roads are dry after 500 meters, I will endure the wetness to ride by without stopping. The Highway speeds will dry out your gear in some time.
Old 8th October 2015, 10:06   #97
BHPian

Guys, I hope you have read this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ron-883-a.html

The braking of the Street has improved and the Iron has a host of changes, like the front suspension, the rear adjustable suspension, lighter alloys, and an improved ground clearance of 140 mm.

Am bloody in a dilemma now. What to buy. Street 750? Iron 883? Triumph Bonneville? Kawasaki Vulcan 650?
Old 12th October 2015, 23:11   #98
BHPian

The new Street has a new host of things that have been addressed. Had a look and will write soon.

All the bikes mentioned by you are poles apart from each other and in some ways does not justify comparison. You will need to look at your needs and preferences of riding, and take a decision.

Read Safe!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
Guys, I hope you have read this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ron-883-a.html

The braking of the Street has improved and the Iron has a host of changes, like the front suspension, the rear adjustable suspension, lighter alloys, and an improved ground clearance of 140 mm.

Am bloody in a dilemma now. What to buy. Street 750? Iron 883? Triumph Bonneville? Kawasaki Vulcan 650?
rakesh_S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 07:04   #99
BHPian

Quote:
The new Street has a new host of things that have been addressed. Had a look and will write soon.
Read Safe!!
Rakesh waiting on your write up on the 2016 Street review
kk28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 11:05   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Conquering the monster - Street 750 Brakes
Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for your highly informative and solution oriented post. Request if you can kidly update on the latet performance of tyres and brakes

Kind regards
Manish

Note from Moderator: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!

Last edited by .anshuman : 16th February 2016 at 11:19. Reason: See note in post. Thanks
mhr.manish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 02:03   #101
BHPian

Hi Rakesh,

I finally bought the new 2016 model Street 750. Request if you can advse if I still need to change to Michelin tyres or you have any suggestion. I find the brakes pretty good. But I am only doing "getting used to" riding and haven't gone beyond 60 Km/hr
Attached Thumbnails
Harley Davidson Street 750 - Ownership Review-harley.jpg  

mhr.manish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 22:50   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhr.manish View Post
Hi Rakesh,

I finally bought the new 2016 model Street 750. Request if you can advse if I still need to change to Michelin tyres or you have any suggestion. I find the brakes pretty good. But I am only doing "getting used to" riding and haven't gone beyond 60 Km/hr
The bike looks beautiful. Congratulations, and ride safe. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you, but please invest in quality safety gear. Helmet, jacket, gloves, shoes and riding pants/knee guards. Have fun!
KhalDrogo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 11:31   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rakesh,

Congrats on the new beast.

Current tyres on ST750 are good and don't change it. You can always change it once you cross 10-12k on the odo.

Remember to use Front Brakes more for effective braking.
CRV2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 01:22   #104
BHPian

Thanks CRV2010, I think I will take your advice and stick to MRF tyres for the time being.
Old 25th February 2016, 02:01   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rakesh,

Congratulations Manish on the Street. I'm sure you'll enjoy the bike as you get used to it.

For the tyres, it is a cost and keeping that fact aside, I would change them as soon as I can. Purely from the point of view that the brakes in the 2016 model is super strong and if not used correctly, the bike fishtails easily. MRFs are is one word - crap! If budget is a constraint, then change it after sometime once you are comfortable. For me though, both stock tyres went to kabadi for Rs. 150 in whatever condition they were. I had done about 11-12k on them, before wisdom struck.

I would recommend Michelin Pilot for the front (Rs. 4800/-). I've done over 14k on them and still going strong for another 4-5K as I see it. For the rear, sadly there is no solution currently unless you import through the dealer (if willing) or some source and get michelin pilot again. But its a costlier option.

We have continued using MRF Vyde for the rear and I'm going through the second one right now. Expected life will be around 10K if you are not an aggressive on the throttle. However, we have noticed life differs depending on the batches as these tyres are still at experimental stage, and we are providing feedback to MRF on our experience. But the tyre is good and soft enough to hold in worst weather or surface.

If you are keen to get them, send me your no to me through a PM, we could arrange it for you at basic cost of about Rs. 5600/-

I had a look at the 2016 model and rode it for the bit that I needed to. But thats another story and I hope to put that down sometime soon, given time. Actually there are so many things that I need to write about since I wrote here last.

We have experimented on various things, including further research on brakes and improving them, some input on front forks, seats, switches, FP3 tuning and VO2 filter, top speed increase, tank risers, some mods etc etc. Phew...its a long list.

Street is now an open book for us and it also tells us clearly about the shoddy job done by HD on the bike. The engine however still stands superlative and whats left to be seen is that how long will it perform in the same way before it needs a recondition/rebuild. Have done 30K in a little over its ownership and so far so good. No leaks or no issues, and serviced regularly at the recommended gap of 8K.

So please bear with me, hope to put my hands together on the keyboard soon.

Street is ike a woman who will fulfil all your desires in every way, as long as you respect her and also take care of all her smallest of needs So I did not sell it.

But I did buy a Versys 650 this month, and just beginning to enjoy it on a different note. Hopefully will open a thread on that too very soon.

Street stays home! And here on the forum
rakesh_S is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks