Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2015, 21:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
OT but since you said that you just took delivery of the ST, do you get any of the offers that the earlier owners of the ST got or just the bike as it stands today?
They are selling the bike as-is. None of the offers applicable to existing owners are being offered to new buyers
Old 21st February 2015, 04:15   #17
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki slashes Z800 price by Rs.50,000

Kawasaki India Wakdewadi (SNK Bajaj, Pune) delivered 20 Z800's on 19th Feb, 2015. It seems that the price cut really paid off for Kawasaki.

Source : https://www.facebook.com/kawasakiind.../photos_stream
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki slashes Z800 price by Rs.50,000-1398339_875241905850361_484584945686853134_o.jpg  

v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 11:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Kawasaki India Wakdewadi (SNK Bajaj, Pune) delivered 20 Z800's on 19th Feb, 2015. It seems that the price cut really paid off for Kawasaki.

Source : https://www.facebook.com/kawasakiind.../photos_stream
Yes it did as its a limited time offer and not valid on booking now and pick up post the deadline.

The delhi dealers had put on a Facebook classifieds page stating stock clearance, which is untrue..they will just be cheating the customers.
Old 21st February 2015, 12:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

This limited period offer is not stock clearance nor because of drop in thailand prices. They wanted to take advantage of Triumph ST fiasco and they are successful.

As i said earlier, Thailand manufacturing cost has not reduced. Import price is still 4.02L and recently kawasaki imported over 35 bikes.
I am sure 20 bikes delivered on a day are from the recent consignment.

I feel they may extend this offer beyond march since now they are selling in good numbers when compared to earlier. They might even start CKD operations since they have already crossed 200 sales figure for Z800 in an year. If i hear about it then i will be the first one to sell my Z800 and never buy Kawasaki again.

Though Triumph imports Street triple from Thailand as CKD unit, i feel they never got their pricing right atleast for ST brothers and Daytona.

Last edited by djay99 : 21st February 2015 at 12:21.
Old 23rd February 2015, 00:18   #20

There is a lot on the web stating that the discount is on the ex-showroom vs OTR. If the price drop is on the ex-showroom, then the 50,000 will actually be much more when it comes to OTR (since other components like Road Tax, Vat, Registration etc are dependent on the ex-showroom price). Since Karnataka has the highest road tax and VAT in the country, this could easy have translated to over INR 60,000.

If there was a price drop as they are talking about, then this should translate into lower import prices, and hence lower ex-showroom prices as well across the country. (Please correct me if my logic is wrong).

To clarify this confusion on what this discount is about, I reached out to Kawasaki through their website. Chetan from the Kawasaki showroom in Bangalore called me to explain that the "Invoice Value" of the bike is still 9.69 OTR. The 50,000 is a "discount" being offered by the company on the OTR and hence being sold at 9.19 after this discount. I should get the complete invoice (with the breakup this week) and I will be able to comment / share more details then.

This brings another question on "if" they will continue to offer this discount post March. That's for us to wait and watch.
Old 23rd February 2015, 08:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotz_13 View Post
There is a lot on the web stating that the discount is on the ex-showroom vs OTR. If the price drop is on the ex-showroom, then the 50,000 will actually be much more when it comes to OTR (since other components like Road Tax, Vat, Registration etc are dependent on the ex-showroom price).
If Ex-showroom price is reduced, only the road tax component will come down. A reduction of 50000 in ex-showroom price will reduce road tax by Rs 6550.

Quote:
Since Karnataka has the highest road tax and VAT in the country, this could easy have translated to over INR 60,000.
VAT in KA and neighbouring states is 14.5%. VAT will be adjusted by manufacturer while reducing ex-showroom price.

Quote:
If there was a price drop as they are talking about, then this should translate into lower import prices, and hence lower ex-showroom prices as well across the country. (Please correct me if my logic is wrong).
Kawasaki officially never said price drop is due to reduction in thailand manufacturing price. This was told by our great auto magazines.
As i said earlier, import price is 4.02L and import duty is calculated on this price.
Also it is at the discretion of manufacturer whether to pass on benefits (if any) to customer.

But what i fail to understand is why price Z800 very low in pune. I understand kawasaki has an assembly plant in pune but since these bikes are CBU imports, i would have expected them to price closely (accounting difference in VAT @12.5% in pune).

Quote:
To clarify this confusion on what this discount is about, I reached out to Kawasaki through their website. Chetan from the Kawasaki showroom in Bangalore called me to explain that the "Invoice Value" of the bike is still 9.69 OTR. The 50,000 is a "discount" being offered by the company on the OTR and hence being sold at 9.19 after this discount. I should get the complete invoice (with the breakup this week) and I will be able to comment / share more details then.
This is wrong way of doing business when three other dealers have reduced ex-showroom price. Please make sure that you get a road tax receipt with Rs 1.1L on it.
Old 23rd February 2015, 10:48   #22

I agree djay, and thanks for clarifying / correcting me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
This is wrong way of doing business when three other dealers have reduced ex-showroom price. Please make sure that you get a road tax receipt with Rs 1.1L on it.
I know. I was surprised as well. I am going to wait for this Friday when I should be able to verify this and the other components. I have already paid the 9.19 and should be getting the bike delivered this week.
Old 23rd February 2015, 11:35   #23
BHPian

I have the break up that they had shared with me (on a paper with their seal and sign) so that I can do my finances.
The ex showroom is stated as 830000
The tax component is 113935 and
The Insurance component is 25235
and then it said company discount as 50000 for limited time only.
which is odd as this will not add up to 919418

Now if the tax component is kept a constant at this value and exshowroom is calculated then the cost comes to 780248 if OTR is to be 919418.

Also, please do NOT take insurance from the showroom. They are over charging ! I have called and asked ICICI them selves and they have quoted,
around 21K for IDV for around 750000 and 23K for IDV of around 845000.

From what I read, getting an insurance from a public sector firm seems to be a better idea during claims as privates come down to their cheap tactics during claims like every other private service providers in the country.

Also, I found out that the ex showroom prices are different for the Striple as well. The one in the website (791080) is for ex-showroom delhi and one at the showroom is 8.08, in bangalore. Around 17K difference.

But yes, there is no explanation behind the discount in bangalore.
The calculations almost seem like there is some black money turning white there.
Old 23rd February 2015, 12:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Also, I found out that the ex showroom prices are different for the Striple as well. The one in the website (791080) is for ex-showroom delhi and one at the showroom is 8.08, in bangalore. Around 17K difference.

But yes, there is no explanation behind the discount in bangalore.
The calculations almost seem like there is some black money turning white there.
Most of the manufacturers launch with ex-showroom delhi price because taxes(mainly VAT) are low in delhi. Hence they can market at a lower entry price. When you account state specific higher VAT, ex-showroom increases proportionately.

Kawasaki launched Z800 and other CBU's at ex-showroom pune and not delhi.
Difference in VAT between KA and Pune is just 2% but 40,000 difference (earlier price difference on Z800) is not justified.
Old 2nd March 2015, 13:22   #25
BHPian

So something has given away with the Khivraj I guess.

The Z800 is now priced at 754000 + change ex-showroom in bangalore (75K drop from the 830K it used to be).

And a whole 66K cheaper than the Striple on the road @ 890000 including an insurance that costs 20K.

Showroom staff sound much better and well informed. Seems they started with owner's rides too.

Tremendous improvement in the last 2 months in the store's handling of customers by my personal experience.

Hope they keep it going.
Old 2nd March 2015, 18:04   #26
BHPian

Quote:

The Z800 is now priced at 754000 + change ex-showroom in bangalore (75K drop from the 830K it used to be).

And a whole 66K cheaper than the Striple on the road @ 890000 including an insurance that costs 20K.
This is definitely a very good news - Last time I checked, it was 9.16L OTR (I posted this earlier in this thread, IIRC)

This is a good price! And, with Ducati launching (not in BLR) on Mar 18, with an expected aggressive pricing, good times are here to stay! (except that I am still upset with Triumph for their detuning, and frequent raise in prices)
sriramv.iyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 18:31   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
This is definitely a very good news - Last time I checked, it was 9.16L OTR (I posted this earlier in this thread, IIRC)

This is a good price! And, with Ducati launching (not in BLR) on Mar 18, with an expected aggressive pricing, good times are here to stay! (except that I am still upset with Triumph for their detuning, and frequent raise in prices)
Prices are great for a prospective long term owner but a short term buyer maybe put off by the fluctuations. Imagine buying a machine for a price today and the price reduces by almost a lac within a couple of months. If it was a short term plan then you would be beating yourselves I guess
Old 3rd March 2015, 08:24   #28

Quote:

Showroom staff sound much better and well informed. Seems they started with owner's rides too.

Tremendous improvement in the last 2 months in the store's handling of customers by my personal experience.

Hope they keep it going.
I got by bike delivered on Friday and I can confirm that the insurance is now 20855 for an IDV of 733231 given by ICICI lombard.

They also had an owner's ride this weekend riding upto Belur cross as well. I was invited, but could not join them due to illness. Lots of bikes across the range apparently joined.

Here is the breakup now for Bangalore:
Ex-showroom price: 754646
Registration + Tax: 115582
Insurance: 20855
-------------------------------------
Total On road price: 891083

This now breaks a psychological barrier of being less than 9 lacs on road for an I4. Couldn't ask for anything better.

A whole 78335 lesser than the launch price of 969418.
dotz_13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 10:48   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Prices are great for a prospective long term owner but a short term buyer maybe put off by the fluctuations. Imagine buying a machine for a price today and the price reduces by almost a lac within a couple of months. If it was a short term plan then you would be beating yourselves I guess
That's a good perspective - It would definitely make the recent owners unhappy. They could probably alleviate the pain by giving some newbies (or some cash back like Suzuki did for Inazuma owners after price correction)

Pricing is a dangerous game - But, when a manufacturer proactive tries to reduce price when the general market mood is to fleece the enthusiast, I appreciate the move!
Old 3rd March 2015, 10:56   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotz_13 View Post
I got by bike delivered on Friday and I can confirm that the insurance is now 20855 for an IDV of 733231 given by ICICI lombard.

They also had an owner's ride this weekend riding upto Belur cross as well. I was invited, but could not join them due to illness. Lots of bikes across the range apparently joined.

Here is the breakup now for Bangalore:
Ex-showroom price: 754646
Registration + Tax: 115582
Insurance: 20855
-------------------------------------
Total On road price: 891083

This now breaks a psychological barrier of being less than 9 lacs on road for an I4. Couldn't ask for anything better.

A whole 78335 lesser than the launch price of 969418.
Congrats We shall meet up in sometime somewhere.
The insurance cost is over the odds imo, probably by a thousand maybe or little less. Maybe some chai paani happening there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
That's a good perspective - It would definitely make the recent owners unhappy. They could probably alleviate the pain by giving some newbies (or some cash back like Suzuki did for Inazuma owners after price correction)

Pricing is a dangerous game - But, when a manufacturer proactive tries to reduce price when the general market mood is to fleece the enthusiast, I appreciate the move!
I can assure you the prices are not this way to help the customers.
Some of us have continuously flogged them questions about the discount on OTR instead of ex-showroom as in other cities and the price difference between bangalore and Pune.

The lot running are as far as someone should be who wants to run something premier in the country.

Things look going the right way though.

There was quite a bit of an issue with their noobishness in documents while delivery of a Z yesterday too.

Any kind of issue means you should contact Jaya Chacko. Lets force them to turn themselves into something decent and eligible enough to sell super bikes in India where it is a super luxury commodity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks