Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2016, 15:00   #271
BHPian

Re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Congrats again Shubz Ofcourse eagerly waiting for the ownership thread.

BTW, on this bike while you can jet thru the silky smooth tarmac of Hosur Road, Tumkur Road etc, you will more likely enjoy the sport-touring on twisty single lane bits like Coorg, Wyanad etc. Recently did the Bangalore-Gundulpet-Wyanad-Calicut stretch on my GS and absolutely loved the smooth & winding Kerala roads. BTW, if you have the sidecases etc with its intimidating size & bright headlights the Kerala State Transport buses & trucks also give way

Ride safe & good wishes for many many miles of enjoyable rides

Last edited by Haroon : 2nd February 2016 at 15:28.
Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 15:31   #272
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Congrats again Shubz Ofcourse eagerly waiting for the ownership thread.

BTW, on this bike while you can jet thru the silky smooth tarmac of Hosur Road, Tumkur Road etc, you will more likely enjoy the sport-touring on twisty single lane bits like Coorg, Wyanad etc. Recently did the Bangalore-Gundulpet-Wyanad-Calicut stretch on my GS and absolutely loved the smooth & winding Kerala roads. BTW, if you have the sidecases etc with its intimidating size & bright headlights the Kerala State Transport buses & trucks also give way

Ride safe & good wishes for many many miles of enjoyable rides
Thank you sir!! I am sure I'd love the twisties more than the straights!

Next time you are doing any such adventures -- Please do drop me a line!

Side cases are next on the agenda. but I need to see those first and then go for it.

buses & trucks giving way!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 15:44   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Yes Hoping to find the true love with this bike and keep it for the longest (like the Duke)
Trips planned (at least in planning state) - Goa, Kanyakumari, Rameshwaram, Hyderabad, Pune before the rains start.
Congratulations and all the best for your planned rides in advance!

How does it fare on normal petrol or is it a strict no no?
Old 2nd February 2016, 15:50   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Next time you are doing any such adventures -- Please do drop me a line!

Side cases are next on the agenda. but I need to see those first and then go for it.

buses & trucks giving way!

Sure, will do. Actually this was a impromptu decision to ride to Calicut

I normally like the aftermarket sidecases generally for their function & most importantly their price as compared to the OE cases. But with the Ducati MS, I think they have done a fantastic job of combining form & function with ample storage space and it rounds off the bike very well without sticking out of place. Sure the Italian price tag $$$....

Last edited by Haroon : 2nd February 2016 at 15:52.
Old 2nd February 2016, 16:02   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Congratulations and all the best for your planned rides in advance!

How does it fare on normal petrol or is it a strict no no?
With DVT etc, it is supposed to adapt to any kind of fuel. Recommendation was to stick to Shell V power, Speed 97, IOC Premium wherever/whenever possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post

I normally like the aftermarket sidecases generally for their function & most importantly their price as compared to the OE cases. But with the Ducati MS, I think they have done a fantastic job of combining form & function with ample storage space and it rounds off the bike very well without sticking out of place. Sure the Italian price tag $$$....
yeah that too. Want to see how the Aftermarket boxes look as well. and you hit the nail on the head -- Italian Price tag!!!
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 14:39   #276
BHPian

So my garage looked like this ! For a day albeit
Sold the iron so was looking for a replacement.
Was absolutely blown away by the multi. The size though seemed a little intimidating and the rear brake pedal placement was a big problem for me.
Now waiting to test drive the versys twins to finally decide.
No test drive vehicle available so thats putting me a wee bit off.

Shubz- how comfortable is the multi Vis a Vis a fat boy over long distances.
That brake pedal poition for my height meant a little discomfort in my right leg.
Attached Thumbnails
Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-3-february-2016-20422-pm-ist201.jpeg  

Old 3rd February 2016, 16:41   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano88 View Post

Shubz- how comfortable is the multi Vis a Vis a fat boy over long distances.
That brake pedal poition for my height meant a little discomfort in my right leg.
So here is my take on it.

I am used to riding the Duke. and also ridden the Fatboy.

Fatboy -- you sit sprawled with legs in front.
Duke -- you sit in an aggressive posture with legs bent at the knee, feet backwards.

So I took to the posture like duck to water. Brake pedal is just right.

And long distances - the longest I have travelled is from Delivery center to home. Lol and weekend got over! Will try to do a run this evening on the Nice road. But I am not concerned about the sitting posture.

Cheers
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:08   #278
BHPian

Quote:
So here is my take on it.

I am used to riding the Duke. and also ridden the Fatboy.

Fatboy -- you sit sprawled with legs in front.
Duke -- you sit in an aggressive posture with legs bent at the knee, feet backwards.

So I took to the posture like duck to water. Brake pedal is just right.

And long distances - the longest I have travelled is from Delivery center to home. Lol and weekend got over! Will try to do a run this evening on the Nice road. But I am not concerned about the sitting posture.

Cheers
Thanks for the clarification.
The Iron was the first ever bike i ever rode so maybe my limited experience with sporty bikes is partly to blame for me to observe these problems. Hence my apprehension if the riding position will be suitable for my height(Im 6"2).

My dad rides the fatboy and he also observed the same when he came astride the multi. will be driving one over the weekend over long distance to clear my apprehension.
i also feel now that ive experienced the multi, the versys will feel no match in any department compared to it.
obviously heart rules the head so maybe ill join you shortly in the club

BTW this was my dream garage, a ducati tourer and a harley cruiser
fiorano88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 08:48   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Shubz, when are you treating us to a few pictures of your red devil? Can I know what was the OTR price?

Also any discount offered?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 11:05   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Shubz, when are you treating us to a few pictures of your red devil? Can I know what was the OTR price?

Also any discount offered?
Pics -- Soon, Avi.

OTR here is Bangalore is 20 Lakhs 22thousand

Discount? LoL - I hope you were joking!
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 22:43   #281
BHPian

Of late I see many Diavel owners selling their bikes within first couple of months of ownership. There is one that has run less than 300 kms up for sale as well. Was wondering what could be the possible reason and happen to spoke to a friend who is again selling his Ducati Diavel and it seems his bike has some sprocket issue that they are unable to resolve. Not sure how far this issue is true, he did mention that he is exchanging quiet a few mails with Ducati to get his issue resolved. And it seems he is not the only one any many Ducati owners are facing the same issue even before first service. Seems like this is the case with 2016 bikes and right now there are many Diavels up for grab in the market.

Disclaimer: This information is based on what I heard and might be incorrect or may just be a rumor. I am writing it here for the interested / appropriate folks to confirm or verify
Dust_Harl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 12:12   #282
BHPian

Wow!, what an amazing looker!.
Congratulations, Shubz on this new beauty.
I have been following your threads from the time of the Amber whiskey Iron ( I have a silver one btw) , to the fat boy and now this and I appreciate the passion with which you look after and enjoy the bikes.
Am I right in thinking that the Ducati-MS has a lower seat height compared to the Tiger and the Versys?
Hope you bestow an ownership thread on us guyz who are waiting with bated breaths for one.
enjoy your ride.
Cheerio!
Old 6th February 2016, 12:45   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Wow!, what an amazing looker!.
Congratulations, Shubz on this new beauty.
I have been following your threads from the time of the Amber whiskey Iron ( I have a silver one btw) , to the fat boy and now this and I appreciate the passion with which you look after and enjoy the bikes.
Am I right in thinking that the Ducati-MS has a lower seat height compared to the Tiger and the Versys?
Hope you bestow an ownership thread on us guyz who are waiting with bated breaths for one.
enjoy your ride.
Cheerio!
Thanks AD! :-)

So here is the comparison.

Tiger Explorer Seat height — 32.9 inches (835 mm) to 33.7 (856 mm)
MTS – 32.5 inches (825 mm) — 33.3 inches (845 mm)
Versys 1000 — 33.1 inches (840 mm) — no idea if its got seat height adjustment feature.

So yes MTS got the lowest seat height amongst its peers.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 13:00   #284
Senior - BHPian

So this Sunday I was able to spend some good time on the bike! Went up to Hassan and back with the DOC group.

What e machine to ride! Acceleration was simply superb! I felt very planted on the bike.

Bike was on Sports Mode. Still in the break-in period so was restricting myself to 5000 RPM at most time. But a couple of times could not resist. But all I did go was up to 6/6.5k RPM and Boy! would you believe -- i was touching very close to 2X times the legal speed limit allowed to be mentioned here @ Tbhp

Onward journey -- Had filled with V-Power and the engine/throttle response was super smooth.
Return journey -- Filled some crappy Fuel on the highway and difference was clearly felt. Not just with me but with fellow DOC's too. So that particular station was dealing with really bad fuel.

Speed breakers/Rumbler strips -- Non existent to this amazing machine. Just put in some pressure on the foot-pegs and raising the bottom is so effortless (this is the first time I am standing on any bike while in motion and it felt - Oh this is easy)

Cruise control is easy to set. On the way back on the nice road stretch -- Set it to 100 kmph -- and Boy! What a feel! Thanks to RBW (Ride by Wire) technology.

I know I owe you guys an ownership thread. Haven't been able to take time for that.

Meanwhile some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-img_7080.jpg  

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-img_7081.jpg  

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-img_7085.jpg  

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-img_7087.jpg  

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-img_7096.jpg  

Shubz is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 18:18   #285
BHPian

Hi Shubz, what an amazing group to ride with. Bike looks beautiful, as does that 899 as well. How is the seat on your bike? Looks incredibly flat and thin.
KhalDrogo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks