Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2016, 14:51   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit0rana View Post
Shubz, thank you very much for the response.

I am not sure what to understand of this Do you mean my fear that alloys won't handle non-tarmac roads is correct?
Please have a visit here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...ravellers.html
Will give some idea of roads where I usually take my bike to and I would ideally want a bike which can go with me anywhere I point my finger on map The post also has map of where I will take the bike in November if I buy it.

I have no experience with super bikes. The reason why I was asking is because after the UB city ride it was unbearably hot. Rode fatboy once and yes it did get pretty hot. I guess as per your experience its pretty alright on long rides.

Thanks. All your older posts on MTS have been very helpful and I have gone through almost all of them
Amit,

The alloys are pretty good. but cannot be guaranteed to hold up on "No roads" n stuff. For that - you must consider the Multistrada Enduro (thats coming soon). Thats to take you places without you having to worry about alloys :-)

Any bike (including brains) gets heated up riding in the city. These bikes are very well engineered, liquid cooled and stuff (Fatboy etc are Air cooled). So you wont even feel the heat of it on longer rides.

Feel free to ping me for any clarifications. Will tell you what I know :-)
Old 29th August 2016, 17:29   #347
BHPian

Re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit0rana View Post
Could you please help me with finding answer to couple of questions?
[*]Did you take your bike on rough roads (mud, bricks, gravel?)? I am really curious to know whether the alloys handle that or not? During my last trip to Tawang we rode for almost 60kms of no roads so wondering can Multistrada handle that?
I am not a MS owner so Shubz has given you the answers to the MS questions. However, with specific regard to your query on the above question about taking any of these big Adventure Tourers including the MS, GS, Explorer etc to inhospitable terrain for that 'Mega Adventure' ride, yes the naked truth is you need deep pockets as you have to be psychologically prepared that these bikes can be (most case that becomes will be) dropped under various circumstances so you are surely not going to enjoy the ride when you are constantly worried about all the damage that can happen to the tupperware on these bikes and the resultant $$$$. Indeed with crash protection bars etc you can still avoid big damage but sometimes, mirrors, footpegs, clutch/brake levers can snap off depending on the seriousness of the falls. Yes, in some cases if you hit a pothole/rocks at a high speed sometimes the alloy rims can & will get bent. But more importantly some falls may result in some cables or sensors jumping out of their groove etc and stalling the bike and ending your ride. Hence some technical knowledge to understand and fix such small stuff along the road, together with the basic tools (stock tool kits provided by most of these expensive bikes is a joke!) will all be needed when going on such adventure rides on these bikes. If you are ready for all the above, you sure are going to have a gala time with these bikes and can extract every penny you spend on buying them!
Haroon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 22:54   #348
BHPian

The other option is Tiger XCA where it is built for such terrains, can jump from 6ft and still keep running rock solid. While I was contemplating on my bike, the triump guys where kind enough to explain how the bike is designed to take brunt from unexpected fall during off roads and how cheap those spares are. For example the break lever is the most common stuff that breaks during a fall and it costs less than 1.5k is what i was told about a year back.

All the best!
Old 29th November 2016, 15:37   #349
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Ducati slashes price of the Scrambler by INR 90000 !!

Demonetisation effect?

Source: Rushlane
Attached Thumbnails
Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-ducatiscramblerpriceslashed531x600.jpg  

Old 29th November 2016, 17:29   #350

Wow! Is this valid only in the Ahmedabad showroom or across the country?
Old 29th November 2016, 18:27   #351
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotz_13 View Post
Wow! Is this valid only in the Ahmedabad showroom or across the country?
Across the country. Got information from the Bangalore dealer as well. Offer is valid only on the Scrambler.
Old 12th December 2016, 12:44   #352
BHPian

A simple question (EDIT-questionnaire ) to the ducatisti on Team-bhp.

The recent EMI schemes by Yes bank has suddenly brought the monster 821 within my means. I have been following monster from 1992 I guess. When it became officially available in India, my joys were short lived thanks to the wonderful ducati buying/maintaining experience shared by team bhp members and others.

However, it feels (without proper research) that things have been getting better.

So, I want to know a few things -

1. Is the Mumbai (Bandra Linking Road) dealer good and reliable? Do they keep their word generally? Is that chordia guy out for good or just operating under different name? What is the normal delivery wait nowadays?

2. Is there any horror story about the monster 821 or the dealerships in India (especially Mumbai dealership)?

3. Should I wait for 2017 model? (as in any case delivery will be well into 2017).

4. Every youtuber complains about the rear foot peg bracket and exhaust cover. Is that a real issue or just white boys whine?

5. The Scheme says 1.94 lacs downpayment and ~13K emi. Is this about right or should I be prepared to pay a lot more. ( I have not yet enquired with any dealer, will go about that only after I get filled in by friends here).

6. How is the maintenance scene now? Is it still like the old days - pay 2 lacs for a side mirror nut and don't get it.

7. What is the general service procedure? Workshop in Mumbai good and reliable for basic and (god forbid) complex problems?

8. Normal petrol works?

9. The 821 Dark is supposed to be cheaper. Is there any make or break difference in terms of safety and performance? Any of these models have ABS?

10. My next favorite is GSX S 1000, which is about 5-6 lacs downpayment and near about 30K EMI (5 years). Which means atleast another two years wait. Is that a better option still? -(this is a vague question, but I still want the opinions)

Thanks for all the help in advance.
Old 12th December 2016, 13:31   #353
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
The Scheme says 1.94 lacs downpayment and ~13K emi. Is this about right or should I be prepared to pay a lot more. ( I have not yet enquired with any dealer, will go about that only after I get filled in by friends here).
I suggest please crosscheck this with your dealer, there is definitely some catch. If we assume the loan period is of 5 years, then 60 months * ~13K per month = 780000 plus downpayment of 1.94 lakhs. Total = ~974000.

The Monster 821 Dark costs 12.43 lakhs OTR Pune and Monster 821 Red costs 13.19 lakhs OTR Pune (prices as inquired in Aug/Sept, current prices mighty have gone further up).

I believe ~13K EMI per month will be for 11 months and then for every 12th month, you will have to pay 1-1.5 lakhs or so. There was a similar scheme with Triumph motorcycles last year.

Please check with the dealer. Sydney & Roald from Infinity Ducati Mumbai are patient and helpful, I am sure you will receive all information that you seek.

As far as maintenance is concerned, Ducati's in general are more expensive to maintain than similarly priced Japanese bikes or even Triumph's. This is based on what I have heard, no personal experience with any brands.

Last edited by //M : 12th December 2016 at 13:32.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 22:46   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
A simple question (EDIT-questionnaire ) to the ducatisti on Team-bhp.

The recent EMI schemes by Yes bank has suddenly brought the monster 821 within my means. I have been following monster from 1992 I guess. When it became officially available in India, my joys were short lived thanks to the wonderful ducati buying/maintaining experience shared by team bhp members and others.

So, I want to know a few things -

4. Every Youtuber complains about the rear foot peg bracket and exhaust cover. Is that a real issue or just white boys whine?

5. The Scheme says 1.94 lacs downpayment and ~13K emi. Is this about right or should I be prepared to pay a lot more. ( I have not yet enquired with any dealer, will go about that only after I get filled in by friends here).
I did a tiny bit of research into this and it seems like the numbers are for the Monster 821 Dark's ex-showroom price of 9.72L with a 7 year tenure. If I'm not mistaken, the RTO and insurance would be separate (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Source - http://www.india.ducati.com/news/you.../4273/index.do

As for the rear footpeg, you'll have to sit on the bike yourself and see whether you're able to tuck in. Not entirely sure about the exhaust cover.
Old 12th December 2016, 23:42   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
I did a tiny bit of research into this and it seems like the numbers are for the Monster 821 Dark's ex-showroom price of 9.72L with a 7 year tenure. If I'm not mistaken, the RTO and insurance would be separate (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
I have my eyes on Monster 821 since its launch. At first, heat dissipation problem bothered me a lot so much that I had to ride myself to belief it. I can assure you that it is not something that you should be bothered about when on the move but in bumper to bumper traffic, one tends to feel the heat but that is the scenario with every high end vehicles.

I was quoted following price by AMP Superbikes, Gurgaon in August 2016.

Monster 821 (Dark)
Ex. Showroom Price: 9,80,436
Insurance: 27,386
Handling Charges: 10,000
Temporary Number: 300
*All prices are in INR

At that time they also had few stocks of Monster 796 as well.
Monster 796 (S2R)
Ex. Showroom Price: 7,76,586
Insurance: 21,914
Handling Charges: 10,000
Temporary Number: 300
*All prices are in INR

Last edited by drive_angry : 12th December 2016 at 23:44. Reason: Added Handling Charges
drive_angry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 17:37   #356
Senior - BHPian

I checked with Roald from Ducati Mumbai for pricing/discounts on the Monster 821 and have received the following via email:

Monster 821 Dark
Ex-showroom with octroi 1,010,657
Registration 231,174
TCS @ 1% 10,107
Insurance 30,320
Depot charges 15,000
========================
Total 1,297,258
Less discount 101,066
========================
Final price 1,196,192

Monster 821 Red
Ex-showroom with octroi 1,065,803
Registration 242,424
TCS @ 1% 10,658
Insurance 31,974
Depot charges 15,000
========================
Total 1,365,859
Less discount 106,580
========================
Final price 1,259,279

The above discount/pricing is valid till 31st December 2016 and all pricing is in INR.

Ducati has tied up with HDFC Bank, in case anyone is interested on the loan/emi breakup let me know and I will share it or contact Mr. Saumil Ghandade from HDFC on 9167725988.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 17:42   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
I can assure you that it is not something that you should be bothered about when on the move but in bumper to bumper traffic, one tends to feel the heat but that is the scenario with every high end vehicles.
Not necessarily, please ride and check the liquid cooled bikes, especially the Z800, you dont feel the heat at all...
killjoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 22:22   #358
BHPian

I too received pricing from Sydney at Ducati Mumbai.
Its same as detailed by Cyborg (thanks a ton dude).

I did my calculations for EMI. The interest quoted is 10% reducing balance from HDFC.
As per my calculations, onRoad pricing for the 821 (red) will be

Down Payment - Rs. 462,231.00 (incl. Road tax, insurance, depot charges etc)

5 Year EMI - Rs. 15,226.00
3 Year EMI - Rs. 23,346.00

I can handle the EMI alright. But the down pay of 5 Lacs (it will get there for sure) is tough. Given the uncertainty in the air, can't summon the confidence.

On the other hand, the outright 1 lac discount is there, and I am pretty sure 50K more could be juiced out. I wont get that kinda sweet deal later.

Confusion!! Fear!! Anxiety!! Desperation!!

Just to add to it, figures for GSX S 1000 is Rs. 5.23 Lacs and 20K for 5 Years.

Last edited by sen2009 : 13th December 2016 at 22:41. Reason: Adding a little more
Old 13th December 2016, 23:55   #359
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Sen.

The excel file attached below is from the HDFC person Saumil. This shows the full price, the discounted amount will be deducted from the down payment.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

HDFC EMI Monster 821.xlsx

Last edited by Cyborg : 13th December 2016 at 23:59.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 10:13   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Welcome Sen.

The excel file attached below is from the HDFC person Saumil. This shows the full price, the discounted amount will be deducted from the down payment.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
This is very different than what I calculated. I must have made some serious mistakes.
The down payment after discount are Rs. 1.59 Lacs and Rs. 1.72 lacs for monster dark and monster red. This is within my budget!! Wow!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks