Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2015, 23:12   #31
BHPian

re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

India has a tax treaty with Thailand so all Ducati bikes being sourced from there would be at a very competitive rates while the bikes coming from EU would be at a much higher price..
indianrunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 17:03   #32
BHPian

re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Looks like Ducati is taking advantage of Thailand import laws well.

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/motorc...motard-114974/

899 for 13.2 lacs !!! Scrambler for 6.4 lacs !!! Monster for around 7 and upwards.

Looks like they might take the market by the storm.
Old 3rd March 2015, 21:35   #33
BHPian

More expected prices of upcoming Ducati Motorcycles in India:
  • Ducati Scrambler – Rs 6.38 lakh
  • Ducati Monster – Rs 7 lakh to Rs 25 lakh
  • Ducati Hypermotard‬ – Rs 10 lakh to Rs 11.2 lakh
  • Ducati 899 – Rs 13.2 lakh
  • Ducati Multistrada – Rs 14 lakh to Rs 20 lakh
  • Ducati Diavel – Rs 13.8 lakh to Rs 37.2 lakh
  • Ducati Panigale 1299 – Rs 32 lakh to 46 lakh
Source

Last edited by tjacob : 3rd March 2015 at 21:36.
Old 4th March 2015, 13:44   #34
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

While the pricing (if correct) is amazing, I heard from various people that the Scrambler and Multistrada deliveries will commence only in 2016.

I do not have any authentic source of this information and I seriously hope the deliveries begin as soon as March 2015 onwards.

However, I read some comments in fb mentioning about 2016 delivery dates for these two models. Can anybody confirm this?
Old 4th March 2015, 14:20   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
While the pricing (if correct) is amazing, I heard from various people that the Scrambler and Multistrada deliveries will commence only in 2016.

I do not have any authentic source of this information and I seriously hope the deliveries begin as soon as March 2015 onwards.

However, I read some comments in fb mentioning about 2016 delivery dates for these two models. Can anybody confirm this?
Hopefully not. The scrambler would be their best bet in the Indian market.
What happens to the Triumphs would be interesting to find out.

Wasn't the monster 795 being sold at 5.99 last time when it was launched in India. 6.99 this time off. Expecting a lot of The 796 Corse Stripe being sold eating away into the Striple and the Z800.
Old 4th March 2015, 16:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Wasn't the monster 795 being sold at 5.99 last time when it was launched in India. 6.99 this time off. Expecting a lot of The 796 Corse Stripe being sold eating away into the Striple and the Z800.
AFAIK, they only sold the 796 and not the 795. A friend of mine owns the 796 and you can read his ownership review here.
Old 4th March 2015, 16:19   #37
BHPian

I had booked for the M795 and waited for 6 long months and then finally cancelled the booking as there was no signs of delivery of the bike :(

Hopefully this time they do not goof up like they did the last time.
Old 4th March 2015, 16:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

This price list was posted on XBHP.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-ducati-price-list.jpg  

Old 5th March 2015, 23:01   #39
BHPian

A friend is eagerly waiting to put down his money on the 899 Panigale. Any speculatedsdate as to when the bangalore showroom opens?
Can he prebook the bike?

He wants to pick up a Z1000 in the next week (he has been promised delivery in a week by kawasaki kawasaki)
If there is no concrete info as to when the sales begin in bangalore.
PS- he has been waiting since 6months to get his hands on a Superbike and has currently ran out of patience.
Old 6th March 2015, 00:11   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilash95 View Post
A friend is eagerly waiting to put down his money on the 899 Panigale. Any speculatedsdate as to when the bangalore showroom opens?
Can he prebook the bike?

He wants to pick up a Z1000 in the next week (he has been promised delivery in a week by kawasaki kawasaki)
If there is no concrete info as to when the sales begin in bangalore.
PS- he has been waiting since 6months to get his hands on a Superbike and has currently ran out of patience.
I would advise your friend to decide what type of bike he want's before he buys one. The Z1000 and the 899 are very different with completely different riding styles and dynamics. Ask him to test ride the bikes and see what he actually wants.

I had also booked a Z1000 but found the Z800 stance to be a better fit and went for that. I got the bike from Pune to Bangalore since there was no Kawasaki dealership in Bangalore then.

Kawasaki is offering immediate delivery on it's bikes most of the time since they are maintaining inventory to do just that. So he will probably get an immediate delivery next month too.

I would advise him to fly down to Delhi after the Ducati dealership opens and check out the bike there and see if it catches his fancy and then decide if it's worth waiting for it.

There is no point of buying a superbike just for the sake of buying one.
VellVector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 00:21   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
I would advise your friend to decide what type of bike he want's before he buys one. The Z1000 and the 899 are very different with completely different riding styles and dynamics. Ask him to test ride the bikes and see what he actually wants.

There is no point of buying a superbike just for the sake of buying one.
He is just a weekend warrior who wants go on group rides with other Superbikes. He rides very well, but not a trackday guy. He just wishes to have fun and get some attention. He is ready to wait for the ducati only if he is promised delivery within a month. Hence wanted the details of the same.
Old 6th March 2015, 10:28   #42
BHPian

Quote:
He is just a weekend warrior who wants go on group rides with other Superbikes. He rides very well, but not a trackday guy. He just wishes to have fun and get some attention. He is ready to wait for the ducati only if he is promised delivery within a month. Hence wanted the details of the same.
He sounds alot like me. If he's not looking to get on a track, then why buy a track bike like the 899? The Z1000 or even the ninja 1000 are better bikes for most weekend warriors.

If he wants the Ducati name I would look at a Monster.
Old 6th March 2015, 10:31   #43
BHPian

Quote:
What is he riding now ? Wouldn't that be a better parameter to choose between a street and a super bike ?

Also, remind him that if he hassles into the Z1000 and then loves the 899 after a TD then he would repent unless of course he can afford to sell the Z1000 and get the 899 then.

No news on the bangalore showroom or delivery except the rumor that Skoda would take care of Ducati as well. Maybe he can check out with them.
Old 11th March 2015, 13:16   #44
Senior - BHPian

I have been eagerly watching/waiting for ducati's re-entry. Was seriously contemplating booking a bonnie a few months back, when the ducati scrambler made news. I was impressed by the scrambler and its reviews. I gathered, it had an edge over the bonnie esp with respect to weight, power, standard ABS, suspension, etc. I ride a ktm 390 and a Classic 500, so in no great hurry. Hoping there is some concrete news on a ducati bangalore dealership. Would love to see the scrambler in flesh, preferably test ride it, hopefully book it.
Old 11th March 2015, 13:24   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
I have been eagerly watching/waiting for ducati's re-entry. Was seriously contemplating booking a bonnie a few months back, when the ducati scrambler made news. I was impressed by the scrambler and its reviews. I gathered, it had an edge over the bonnie esp with respect to weight, power, standard ABS, suspension, etc. I ride a ktm 390 and a Classic 500, so in no great hurry. Hoping there is some concrete news on a ducati bangalore dealership. Would love to see the scrambler in flesh, preferably test ride it, hopefully book it.
I sincerely pray that they offer decent test rides of their inventory and don't go the Kawasaki way on this.
Looking forward to see it in flesh too! Methinks it might just be a tad too small for me. But then, in a similar situation, the Bonnie proved me wrong.

Most Viewed