Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2016, 10:33   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Can they not have underbody or underseat exhausts which can conform to emission regulations? Was this the best they could come up with? They just stand out like a sore thumb on an otherwise beautiful bike.
Take the MV F3 for example, those are one of the best looking side exhausts I have ever seen.
Yeah wonder what engineering went into that. And as quickdraw mentioned - someone at Ducati needs to be fired for this hideous design on an other sizzling beauty of a bike!
Old 7th June 2016, 11:27   #317
BHPian

Re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

AFAIK, those exhausts are for meeting emission regulations in Europe alone. KTM also ditched the underbelly for RC 390 to meet the Euro IV norms, but they reserved it for Europe alone.
Ducati too should have done the same and launched the American version here as the emission norms here would be much more relaxed than USA for sure. What a way to ruin the looks of one of the most beautiful motorcycles of all time.

Back on topic, if I had money to buy a litre class, I would buy this one.
Reason (other than the beauty and Ducati brand value), the torque of a litre class but available much lower in the rev band. In the Japanese litre bikes, one'll have to shoot them up beyond 90-100km/h or 10k+ RPM to enjoy the full potential (160+ in 1st gear).
That combined with the lighter weight and narrow frame = lot of fun. It's like owning a 600 but with a lot more grunt. It may turn off those who crave for Japanese inline-4 refinement though. The price too is quite attractive for a Ducati(cheaper than the cheapest Japanese litre class).

Now that I don't have the money yet for a Ducati (by a loooonnng shot), let me go back to enjoying my RC 390 which is similar in many ways to the 959 like more usable power, slim and light weight, low on refinement compared to the Japanese and priced lesser too. One area where it differs wrt Ducati is quality

Last edited by theredliner : 7th June 2016 at 11:36.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 11:13   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Might Sell Ducati.

Chief Executive Officer Matthias Mueller is undertaking a sweeping strategy review that targets Volkswagen AG’s current portfolio. The review will assess the company’s 12 brands, as well as side businesses, while components manufacturing across the group will be folded into one entity.

Quote:
This could lead to the sale of non-core assets – according to the sources – albeit no decisions have been made regarding its subsidiaries. Either way, Ducati, MAN Diesel & Turbo, and MAN Renk are reportedly on the “expandable assets” list.
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/06/vol...ll-ducati.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th June 2016 at 11:15.
Old 16th June 2016, 11:43   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Volkswagen Might Sell Ducati.

Chief Executive Officer Matthias Mueller is undertaking a sweeping strategy review that targets Volkswagen AG’s current portfolio. The review will assess the company’s 12 brands, as well as side businesses, while components manufacturing across the group will be folded into one entity.

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/06/vol...ll-ducati.html
and in the same article -- this wasn't highlighted by anyone out here :-)

"But considering the German state of Lower Saxony and the company’s powerful unions have a strong say on the matter, these disposals are a touchy subject and there’s a chance they won’t come to fruition."

So this could just be hype and hoopla?!
Old 2nd July 2016, 16:31   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
and in the same article -- this wasn't highlighted by anyone out here :-)

"But considering the German state of Lower Saxony and the company’s powerful unions have a strong say on the matter, these disposals are a touchy subject and there’s a chance they won’t come to fruition."

So this could just be hype and hoopla?!
Hey Shubz which converter are you using to connect our standard 12V sockets/USB to the DIN connector on your multi?
I will be taking the delivery of my hyperstrada tomorrow and the ducati guys here dont have one in stock.
Old 2nd July 2016, 17:27   #321
Senior - BHPian

Am using the Ducati Urban pack. It has the top box. Tank box and the power adapters for 3 usb devices.
Old 2nd July 2016, 18:24   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano88 View Post
Hey Shubz which converter are you using to connect our standard 12V sockets/USB to the DIN connector on your multi?
I will be taking the delivery of my hyperstrada tomorrow and the ducati guys here dont have one in stock.
Get the one from sw motech. Look up on bigbadbikes.com. Great build quality from what I have used off motech. They have a standard DIN to cigarette lighter option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano88 View Post
Back to back posts, mods. Please merge.

Congratulations on the hyper. I really was looking very seriously at this bike but sanity struck and a versys is between my legs now.

Please post up a detailed review of the bike with pricing, mechanics, real world usage etc. There's nothing about this bike from Indian users, and I am keen to know more from folks like you.

It really does sound like a fantastic do it all bike and I wish you all the fun and safety with it.

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd July 2016 at 23:28. Reason: Merging posts
Old 4th July 2016, 00:50   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate! I started on the ownership review. Didn't feel it had the punch so have it as .doc draft and haven't been able to find time to drive it in. lol.

The display is one of the major highlights of the 1200 S -- its simply amazing to have so many options to work on, so many settings to choose from. I have played with only a few settings as I have been busy riding with it. Will do some fiddling tweaking with the settings in a bit.

Waiting for that review mate! Also could you add detailed service costs? For me this is a factor to consider as this is probably the best tourer in that price range. Also any idea when Ducati is gonna land in Hyderabad?
Old 4th July 2016, 17:43   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Get the one from sw motech. Look up on bigbadbikes.com. Great build quality from what I have used off motech. They have a standard DIN to cigarette lighter option.

Back to back posts, mods. Please merge.

Congratulations on the hyper. I really was looking very seriously at this bike but sanity struck and a versys is between my legs now.

Please post up a detailed review of the bike with pricing, mechanics, real world usage etc. There's nothing about this bike from Indian users, and I am keen to know more from folks like you.

It really does sound like a fantastic do it all bike and I wish you all the fun and safety with it.
Well I was in a similar situation as you. The original idea was to buy the standard Multi(Not the 1200S) but i kept the TD bike with me for a weekend and was somehow not comfortable with the size of the bike and the position of foot controls. Everyone told me its something Id get used to but that was a big what if chance i didn't want to take. Was deciding between the tiger 800 and the versys when someone recommended the Hyper. One extended test drive later i booked it there and then. Found it to be more suited and comfortable for me while offering the safety net of the idiot proof electronics(TC was a very important feature in my mind) and POWER. So ultimately was a no brainer

Coming from a Iron and a fatboy the first thing i noticed was the refinement and the power. Will post a detailed review once i clock some miles as the ODO reads just 45KM's now.
Attached Thumbnails
Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-img20160703wa0001.jpg  

Last edited by fiorano88 : 4th July 2016 at 17:45.
fiorano88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 17:56   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cUjO View Post
Waiting for that review mate! Also could you add detailed service costs? For me this is a factor to consider as this is probably the best tourer in that price range. Also any idea when Ducati is gonna land in Hyderabad?
Haha. This is something I haven't been able to give time to and I apologize to the community!

Will give you a detailed break up (may be a screen shot).

As of now, I don't have any idea of Ducati opening up in Hyderabad but grapevine has it that it will come up.. Sooner than later.

Currently VST Bangalore catering to south zone. People from TN/KL are buying from VST and are being serviced there as well.

Cheers!

@fiorano88 -- even I am coming from a Iron and Fatboy and adapting to the Multistrada posture was a breeze. Secondly the stuff from bigbadbikes are awesome. but would need fitting them additionally/wiring them etc. many have gone that way. While I found the Tankbag and power adapter unit pretty handy for all charging purposes. On longer rides, (on the ride to Kanyakumari) - I was charging two phones at once. :-)

Last edited by Shubz : 4th July 2016 at 18:00.
Old 7th July 2016, 11:13   #326
Senior - BHPian

So as promised, here is the first service bill. Pretty reasonable I would say, given the fact that the next service is due only when the odo reads 15000.

I'd still go for an oil change by 8000 kms though (a couple of hundred kms away as of today) ;-)

Thanks,
Attached Images

Old 25th July 2016, 23:23   #327
BHPian

Quote:
So as promised, here is the first service bill. Pretty reasonable I would say, given the fact that the next service is due only when the odo reads 15000.

I'd still go for an oil change by 8000 kms though (a couple of hundred kms away as of today) ;-)

Thanks,
Pardon me for asking Mr. Shubz but why labor charges are 4K? Is it like that in all of the superbikes? I do not own a superbike hence the question. Last bike I owned was KTM RC390 and its service was pretty affordable but then it was not a superbike.

Thanks!

drive_angry
Old 25th July 2016, 23:36   #328
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Drive Angry,

That's the downside to owning a superbike - regular maintenance is pretty high. And specially with brands which don't offer free service. Labor costs amount to almost 40-50% of the total costs - the rest being consumables. Check out this thread and you'll get to know the exact breakup of each superbike. Definitely a good thing to keep in mind before choosing a superbike.

Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India
Old 26th July 2016, 00:05   #329
Senior - BHPian

Mr Drive angry. Cost is 4000 as standard labor charges are 2000 per hour and they charge 2 hours of labour. And no problems. Welcome to ask 👍
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 22:14   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Hello Drive Angry,

That's the downside to owning a superbike - regular maintenance is pretty high. And specially with brands which don't offer free service. Labor costs amount to almost 40-50% of the total costs - the rest being consumables. Check out this thread and you'll get to know the exact breakup of each superbike. Definitely a good thing to keep in mind before choosing a superbike.

Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India
Quote:
Mr Drive angry. Cost is 4000 as standard labor charges are 2000 per hour and they charge 2 hours of labour. And no problems. Welcome to ask 👍
Thanks Mr. V12 & Mr. Shubz for your reply. I don't want to hijack this thread so I am going to keep my queries to the point and minimum.

Frankly I didn't know that maintaining a super bike was that costly. Kwaker has the maximum maintenance and Honda owners enjoy low maintenance cost.

@Shubz: Sir, I think I am going to pick your brains for a while. The reason you say? I finally found a BHPian (Read: an active BHPian) who owns a Ducati. What intrigues me even more, why not Ducati Monster? is it because of upright ergonomics on Hypermotard? because price wise I don't see much of a difference between the two. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks!

PS: If you have an ownership thread of your pride possession, could you please point me to that direction?

cheers!

drive_angry

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks