Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2022, 18:21   #331
BHPian

Re: Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijai View Post
Completed 1st service for Falcon - Tiger 900 Rally Pro. Surprised to see there was no extra charge for water wash, chain cleaning and lubing which was all done. Overall, pretty satisfied I must say.

Apart from this, the shifter rod had rusted and it was replaced under warranty last weekend.
Hi vijai. What would be the labour cost if this wasn't a free service?
Old 11th April 2022, 18:31   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojsolanki87 View Post
Hi vijai. What would be the labour cost if this wasn't a free service?
Manoj, As far as I know, no super bike brand has the concept of "free service". Every service has a labor component. If you see my invoice, the first page is labor and second is spares.
vijai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 01:01   #333
BHPian

How much will it cost to rebuild the engine of a Kawasaki z800 or Street Triple 675 cleanly?I am thinking of buying a used one next year. Before I buy a second hand vehicle I always ask for the approximate price of a rebuild to know if I can handle it if it happens. But can't find anything like that in online forums.
fireblade007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 13:18   #334
BHPian

Quite a few happened since my 1st service. The ownership thread is long overdue with 8.5k kms done in less than 6 months. But here are the service updates.

During one of the trips to Munnar, someone broke my rear left indicator. The stem broke but the indicator was functioning fortunately. Managed to complete the ride with a roll of electrical tape. During the same trip, I was at vattavada and with so much offroading, one of the bolt from the metal part fell down (I had previously removed it to clean/polish the metal). Both were informed and the indicator had to be ordered with minimum 4 weeks waiting period. The bolt however was in hand and they sent a person to fix it at home (at 0 charge!). The bolt was some ₹40. The indicator was changed along with after market horn. Triumph horns are meek and doesn't move even a cat from road. Indicator cost absurd as expected but the installation charge was okish to me given how many panels they had to remove. I was also given a courtesy chain lube service. So it got justified there.

Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India-20220626_2220022.jpg

Recently was on a ride to danushkodi and the aftermarket horn (Bosch Symphony) stopped working which was fitted at Triumph service centre. So I took it again this Monday. Was also lazy to clean the chain. Pretty happy with moderate pricing for cleaning and lubing. They lube the o rings with wurth (wax based I guess) and the side plates are sprayed with putoline techchain ceramic white lube that prevents the plates from rusting.

The issue with horn was identified to be some loose terminal and it was also shorting with the tank protection bars. The repair was free of cost.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tiger 900 - chain cleaning .pdf (93.1 KB, 144 views)
File Type: pdf Tiger - indicator and horn change.pdf (162.1 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st August 2022 at 21:46. Reason: Typo
vijai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 15:16   #335
BHPian

Changed brake pads at 8700kms. Went with stock brembo brake pads. EBC could have been cheaper but heard the pads chew through the rotar faster.

220926_105148.pdf
Old 11th November 2022, 20:02   #336
BHPian

Got the first major service done for my Street Triple R(2nd Annual service).
Total bill came out to be ₹25300. Labour was approx ₹9.5k and remaining is parts and consumables.
Bike was out of action for 2 days and ride back home was nice. Brake pads are good for further 4-5k kms.

Below are the few things which were replaced/changed apart from regular stuff.
Spark plugs,
Brake oil along with bleeding,
Gasket were changed for engine block,
Valve clearance adjust, etc.
abhi_tjet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 20:32   #337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Got the first major service done for my Street Triple R(2nd Annual service).
Total bill came out to be ₹25300. Labour was approx ₹9.5k and remaining is parts and consumables.
Bike was out of action for 2 days and ride back home was nice. Brake pads are good for further 4-5k kms.

Below are the few things which were replaced/changed apart from regular stuff.
Spark plugs,
Brake oil along with bleeding,
Gasket were changed for engine block,
Valve clearance adjust, etc.
Triumph service is getting more and more expensive I feel over the last few days. I also got a major service done recently (at 25k kms) and it was a reasonably tidy sum. Around 30k give or take if I recall correctly - don’t recall exact amount since I renewed AMC as well when I did the service and covered it under that.
Axe77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 22:46   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Triumph service is getting more and more expensive …….
Yeah, service guy told me that price has increased recently. 25k is quite expensive by any means

Quote:
I renewed AMC as well when I did the service and covered it under that.
I haven’t considered AMC yet. Is it worth taking?
Old 12th November 2022, 21:03   #339
BHPian

Completed 10k km service recently. Nothing major. Had to change front brake pads. Bike feels as good as new. There seem to power difference. The bike feels more happy to pounce forward. Guess the new air filter and throttle body cleaning has brought it back to great life.

Last edited by GTO : 30th November 2022 at 12:42. Reason: As requested
vijai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 20:31   #340
BHPian

Does anyone know a good fng, non OEM bike service shop in cochin? Was wondering in case of Kawasaki/Japanese bike purchase since they have high service costs.
Old 20th December 2022, 11:54   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Triumph service is getting more and more expensive I feel over the last few days. I also got a major service done recently (at 25k kms) and it was a reasonably tidy sum. Around 30k give or take if I recall correctly - don’t recall exact amount since I renewed AMC as well when I did the service and covered it under that.
Agree, but there is no other choice if you want to get it serviced from the Authorised guys.
I got my Bonnie (T100-2015) serviced by Shaman till 2021, post which i realized there are (if not better) cheaper alternatives.
My average service cost (once a year) used be in the range of 25 (with no major issues).
cheers,
ac
ac 427 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 14:58   #342
BHPian

Leaving it here, might be helpful to someone.
CBR650F OEM air filter : 633/-
OEM chain sprocket set : 11396/-

Rates as on Jan'23.

Name:  rates.JPG
Views: 988
Size:  66.4 KB
hgps is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 17:45   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
Does anyone know a good fng, non OEM bike service shop in cochin? Was wondering in case of Kawasaki/Japanese bike purchase since they have high service costs.
If you're in Trivandrum, this place is an option
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...um-kerala.html (MotoNerdz: Big Bike Shop at Trivandrum, Kerala)

(Full disclosure, one of my friends is commercially involved with this place)
greenhorn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 20:48   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
Many enthusiasts in Cochin, including me, get our bikes serviced in F Motors. I will highly recommend the garage for the excellent workmanship and attention to detail.
neil.jericho is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 12:36   #345
dvv
BHPian

Completed the 20000 kms service of my 2022 Tiger 900 GT recently.

Bike had crossed 20000 kms at the end of August, but I was asked to wait for the engine service kit which was unavailable. The wait time shared was roughly 4 weeks, but the actual wait time went to around 6 weeks for the kit.

Total bill amount came to Rs. 27389; given 20000 kms is a major service for the Tiger 900 which includes valve clearance checks (and that entails stripping the tank, the air box, throttle body and the engine top cover to access the internals), I was OK with the cost of the service.

Parts included Engine Oil, Brake Oil & the engine service kit which had about 15 items in it included (shared below for reference). Bike felt really smooth and eager to ride post service.

Labour came to around 6000 rupees which felt reasonable given the amount of work involved.

Service was done at Khivaraj Triumph @ Mount Road, Chennai.

Major cons I see with servicing is availability of spares, specifically regular consumables, which should not require several weeks to be made available.

Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India-bill.png

Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India-engine-service-kit.png

Last edited by dvv : 13th November 2023 at 12:41. Reason: Edited few lines.
dvv is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks