Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2015, 15:21   #46
BHPian

Re: Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India

Hello All,

Got first service done for my Tiger 800XCx at 800 kms ODO reading.
Costs as below (inclusive of taxes, rounded off paisa value) -

Oil filter - 681/-
Oil (4 lts) - 3240/-
Sealing Washer - 67/-
Labour charges - 1258/-
Paid service - 2022/-
Chain cleaning - 168/-
Consumables - 168/-
Polishing/cleaning bike - 280/-

Total cost - 7886/-

OT : I also bought a few goodies for the bike -
Folding gear pedal - 3272/-
Fork protectors - 2545/-
Tank pad rubber - 2248/-
The tank pad rubber is sorely needed as my riding jacket, scuffs the uprightish area of the tank.

Total damage to pocket - 15,950/-

Regards,
Veera
veerameti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 17:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerameti View Post
The tank pad rubber is sorely needed as my riding jacket, scuffs the uprightish area of the tank.
Veera, you can buy tankpads from here, here or here (this one is specific to Triumph's). I have the Motografix tankpad on my bike and they are excellent. Quality is top notch and they stick like cement.

In the interim, I'd suggest you to stick a couple of layers of transparent sticky tape on the tank area to resist scratches.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 21:08   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Veera, you can buy tankpads from..
He already got his from Triumph !

1st Service Cost For my Kawasaki Z800:

Kilometers : 1065
Days : 31
Oil Filter : 550
Gasket 12X22X2: 67
Chain Lubing : 112 (labour) + 57 (lube) = 169
Consumables : 112
Paid Servicing Cost : 2921
Polishing : 169
Motul 10W40 engine oil : 3220 (4 bottles - 600 ml has been returned)

TOTAL : 7209 inclusive taxes

Should have skipped the polishing job as it is the worst one I have ever experienced, considering polishing skills and materials used.
Sojogator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 21:41   #49
BHPian

anyone can give maintaining costs of dayatona or z1000 or zx10r or s1000rr ? This thread is so useful for potential buyers. thanks once again all owners for updating this thread
Old 9th May 2015, 12:56   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerameti View Post
Labour charges - 1258/-
Paid service - 2022/-
Could anyone help me understand what 'Paid Service' is charged for. They charge separately for labor, for spares and for consumables, then what is this line item for?
Old 9th May 2015, 12:58   #51
BHPian

Pratap.pratu, your question is a bit vague, as the bikes you've mentioned are from different spectrums of the biking segment and price segments too. AFAIK, maintenance cost for the Daytona are similar to my Street Triple. I'll be posting a write up on my ownership thread as well as here, completing one year of ownership, with detailed costs of services, accessories, insurance etc. Of the bikes you've mentioned, the Daytona will be the cheapest and the BMW the most expensive. For example, a general sbk battery is around 8k, whereas BMW insist you buy the battery from them, very similar to the one available outside, but costs 40k and if you don't, they threaten to void your warranty. Needless to say, maintenance cost directly depends on the number of kilometers you run.

Kawasaki have shorter service intervals when compared to Triumph, and hence might result in a higher maintenance cost

Last edited by hifisharu : 9th May 2015 at 13:00.
Old 9th May 2015, 13:20   #52
BHPian

The Z1000 will almost the same but it needs more engine oil so a bit more there.
Oil change is once in a year/12K kms so alternate services will cost you around 3K without the oil and the filter and skipping the stupid polishing and chain lubing part. So around 10K for first 2 services. The 3rd one has more replacements and the price is around 16-17K I believe. This not considering things like tyre which you would one every 10K kms on a average and will set you back by at around 25K
Old 9th May 2015, 16:00   #53
BHPian

@hifisharu - First of all, i love your ownership reviews on ur bike here and other forums. Am a avid follower of your posts and in fact one of the first ones I followed regularly on ur striple. However I do think my question in that previous post of mine is indeed relevant since this is a topic of discussion on superbikes maintenance costs across the litre spectrum. Secondly, its not about comparing costs for a potential owner like myself and others but forecasting the maintenance costs (from actual owner's perspective). Hope u get my point.
@Sojogator - thanks for your opinion, but was wondering how come so few litre/flagship bike owners shared figures on this discussion.
Old 21st May 2015, 08:13   #54
BHPian

Hello all
If any of you are following my ownership thread on the Street Triple, I've summed up my first year of owning an SBK, with regards to the experience part. Now coming to the expense part, the costs involved have been as follows:
1st service: 3lts oil, plus oil filter, 5.5k
2nd service: same as the first service
in between these, I've had some consumables changed as and when they wore out; Tires, changed at 13500kms, 20k for a set, engine coolant change to Engine ice, 1800, Stock air filter: 2500: headlamps changed to Osram Night breaker, 1800. The bike has been pampered with accessories, such as
Arrow exhaust 36k
Radiator guard: 5k
Frame protector: 7k
LED indicators: 6k
Fork protector: 2k
Rear Hugger: 5k
And lastly, renewed the insurance, adding the accessories in the insurance cover, amounting to 15k.
Some of the accessories are necessary, such as the frame protectors, others are optional. And of course the big daddy of all expenses, the fuel cost will need to be factored in. Hope this gives you all a fair idea of the cost involved
hifisharu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 12:26   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
And lastly, renewed the insurance, adding the accessories in the insurance cover, amounting to 15k.
Some of the accessories are necessary, such as the frame protectors, others are optional. And of course the big daddy of all expenses, the fuel cost will need to be factored in. Hope this gives you all a fair idea of the cost involved
Interesting, how was the premium calculated? Did they ask for original bills of the accessories? Also, how much of a difference did it make to the premium amount?
TheCelestial is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 12:39   #56
Senior - BHPian

I just got my Kawasaki serviced yesterday after she completed 10k Kms. New oil, oil filter replaced, air filter cleaning, brakes check and cleaning. The entire thing costed me 4.5k, if i would have sent it to Kawasaki, i would be looking at least 15k and above.
speedy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 13:56   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
Interesting, how was the premium calculated? Did they ask for original bills of the accessories? Also, how much of a difference did it make to the premium amount?
In my case, I was asked for an estimate of how much all the accessories would cost, altogether. These were classified generally as 'Accessories' and the premium was calculated based on that. Without the accessories included, the premium would have been around 13000, including them, pegged at around 50000, the premium was 15000. My logic was in case of a spill, things like the exhaust and the LED indicators would take a beating first and they won't be covered under insurance, as they're not the stock parts. Basically you're adding to the IDV value of the vehicle and the premium goes up accordingly.

I was also offered a zero depreciation policy, where even fibre and rubber parts will have no depreciation calculated.(Otherwise its 50%). This would have costed me 18000, almost as much as the first one, since the IDV has gone up. This might make more sense for the fully faired bikes, since the fairing itself costs around 40-50K. Mine has very few fibre parts, only the front mudguard, rear cowls and hence opted for the regular policy. The company I went with is Iffco Tokio. Other insurance providers also have this option of including accessories
hifisharu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 16:05   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I just got my Kawasaki serviced yesterday after she completed 10k Kms. New oil, oil filter replaced, air filter cleaning, brakes check and cleaning. The entire thing costed me 4.5k, if i would have sent it to Kawasaki, i would be looking at least 15k and above.
Good work. Kawasaki Service center mandates replacing the air filter at the second servicing itself. Their Setup in Pune atleast is absolutely pathetic.
Old 21st May 2015, 17:22   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
Good work. Kawasaki Service center mandates replacing the air filter at the second servicing itself. Their Setup in Pune atleast is absolutely pathetic.
There is a Kawasaki certified dos and don'ts list for every servicing. Don't you have that at the Pune workshop ? I believe this came into the servic center, thanks to @djay99

The 2nd servicing, the one after 6 months/6K kms, is just maintenance and pay for cleaing the bike. Nothing else. Costs slightly less than 3K for it.

The expensive servicing is the 3rd one at 1 year/12K kms with all the changes.
Old 21st May 2015, 18:09   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
There is a Kawasaki certified dos and don'ts list for every servicing. Don't you have that at the Pune workshop ? I believe this came into the servic center, thanks to @djay99

The 2nd servicing, the one after 6 months/6K kms, is just maintenance and pay for cleaing the bike. Nothing else. Costs slightly less than 3K for it.

The expensive servicing is the 3rd one at 1 year/12K kms with all the changes.
There is. However, its invalidated by the argument that "conditions" are "different" in India. You dont even need anything else apart from the manual, which already specifies what should and shouldnt be done at each service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks