Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2015, 13:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in

Congratulations on the new ride man! Have been dreaming of buying one myself, but the bad roads, maintenance cost fear and the general fear of miscreants messing with the bike leaves me apprehensive.

Quote:
A monumental moment in my life, nevertheless in shorts, a tee and a pair of slippers. I take one round of my locality of around 500 meters, stop in front of my house and grin as my mom, who had woken up by now, hurled abuse at me from a floor up.
Started giggling while visualizing this situation.

Quote:
saw my excuse of a face on the mirror a few times, laden with chocolate cake, and wondered ' Me ? !! Super Bike !!! Really !! Today ! Yeah Right !
I can't explain to you how badly I want to go through this emotion myself some day!!

Quote:
Since I was really small, I had little or no belief in Gods and the superstitions that are associated with it ! I never found a reason why I should either !

Yet I wear 1 astrologer's ring and pray with my family and celebrate religious festivities. Am I a downright hypocrite then ! This is because my family wants me too and, for me, there is nothing above them. So, as long it doesn't harm me or anyone else and makes my family happy and satisfied, I would join in and enjoy. The bike had to go for 'pooja' as my mom wanted it to !
Same here man. I'm not remotely religious, but the whole fanfare does make the experience a bigger deal. I actually asked my parsi friend's mother to do a quick pooja because my mom was out of town when I got my ride delivered.
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 14:34   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Congratulations Sojogator. Lovely write up and the Buster looks amazing. Wish you many happy and safe miles. Any exhaust upgrades planned for the future? I know its early days still.
Thanks for the wishes and appreciation

I plan to use it everyday, maybe I am being crazy, so, I doubt, i would upgrade the exhaust and give up on the quietness of her's below 4000 RPM. But, never say never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Congratulations on the new ride man! Have been dreaming of buying one myself, but the bad roads, maintenance cost fear and the general fear of miscreants messing with the bike leaves me apprehensive.

Started giggling while visualizing this situation.

I can't explain to you how badly I want to go through this emotion myself some day!!

Same here man. I'm not remotely religious, but the whole fanfare does make the experience a bigger deal. I actually asked my parsi friend's mother to do a quick pooja because my mom was out of town when I got my ride delivered.
Thanks.

I guess everyone's first two wheeler's ride happens in a similar way. (I would add a grin smiley here but TBHP would not like that)

I wish you go through it soon enough. It is one of a kind IMO. Never felt this way, as they say.

Ah! I had to get it done at a 'specified' temple. It is a decent temple though. Was at the gates at 530pm. Opened at 600pm and only started the pooja at 0640pm. The wait was irritating. Another good thing was there is no 'bakshish' thing. You go inside, take a Rs50 'two wheeler pooja coupon' and a purohit comes in and displays his artistic skills on your machine with sandalwood paste, red vermillion and holy water. Made me open my shoes in the middle of the road. Made me turn her to face some direction. And began the pooja. In short, huge pain undergone in 90 or so minutes.

Sandalwood was good though. Just had to blow it off the next day when it was dry.

Last edited by Sojogator : 10th April 2015 at 14:41.
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 01:44   #18
BHPian

Awesome writeup Sojogator. I stay in BTM Layout as well! If our paths cross, would love to see the Roadbuster in "flesh, metal and bones"

Congrats once again and keep crunching emm miles!

PS: curious about the service intervals. Do update in time.
Old 11th April 2015, 15:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Vader View Post
Awesome writeup Sojogator. I stay in BTM Layout as well! If our paths cross, would love to see the Roadbuster in "flesh, metal and bones"

Congrats once again and keep crunching emm miles!

PS: curious about the service intervals. Do update in time.
Thanks you so much, one from the darker side

Sure thing. PM me. You can behold her majesty !

Service Intervals:
1st - 1 month/1K Kms - around Rs 7K
2nd - 6 months/6K Kms - around Rs 3K - No Oil change here.
3rd - 12 months/12K Kms - around Rs 15K
Old 11th April 2015, 16:06   #20
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Sojo,

Are you sure that the 2nd service cost is only Rs 3000 and does not include oil change? The quoted post by Djay mentions an oil change and a service cost of Rs 8000/-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
1st Service at 1000KM/1Month: Cost Rs 7000
2nd Service at 6000KM/6Month: Cost Rs ~8000
3rd Service at 12000KM/12Month: Cost Rs ~16000 to 18000
Don't know costs for next service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
First service - Change oil and oil filter. Clean and lube chain. That's it.
Second Service - Clean ail filter along with above job.
Third Service - Replace spark plugs along with above job.
Old 11th April 2015, 22:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Sojo, welcome to the Kwacker club and wishing you many happy and safe miles and years on this one.

I enjoyed reading your opening post on the buying experience. Wonderfully written and straight from the heart. I could feel your passion and excitement and it took me back 5 years in time when I bought my baby Ninja.

Yes, the staff at the dealer and service points need a full overhaul. The service for the baby ninja especially has gone to the gutters in the recent past. The skilled mechanics have moved on to competition leaving the newer folks with candles to grope in the dark.

I hope your ownership with your bike is hassle free and enjoyable.

Congratulations again and ride safe.
Old 12th April 2015, 11:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Hey Sojo,

Are you sure that the 2nd service cost is only Rs 3000 and does not include oil change? The quoted post by Djay mentions an oil change and a service cost of Rs 8000/-.
28XX to be more precise including chain lubing.
He did his 2nd service while I went in to put the accessories. No Oil change. If you do not tell them they will change oil, for obvious reasons. The check list they have clearly says, oil change only every 1year/12K kms. So keep your eyes open

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Sojo, welcome to the Kwacker club and wishing you many happy and safe miles and years on this one.

I enjoyed reading your opening post on the buying experience. Wonderfully written and straight from the heart. I could feel your passion and excitement and it took me back 5 years in time when I bought my baby Ninja.

Yes, the staff at the dealer and service points need a full overhaul. The service for the baby ninja especially has gone to the gutters in the recent past. The skilled mechanics have moved on to competition leaving the newer folks with candles to grope in the dark.

I hope your ownership with your bike is hassle free and enjoyable.

Congratulations again and ride safe.
Thanks for the wishes for everything .
Yea, they scratched a bit on a metal part. With his plier as he pulled the rubber knob while fitting the frame slider !!!
Old 12th April 2015, 16:35   #23
BHPian

Congratulations on the bike Sir!
You're living your dream. I'm sure, you're happy about this damage to your wallet.
Wish you happy miles with the Z800.

Regards,
Swapnil
Old 12th April 2015, 18:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
Congratulations on the bike Sir!
You're living your dream. I'm sure, you're happy about this damage to your wallet.
Wish you happy miles with the Z800.

Regards,
Swapnil
Thanks swapnil. Absolutely loving living one of the dream I had.
Old 12th April 2015, 22:09   #25
BHPian

I hope Kawasaki's and triumph's especially really focus/strengthen on after purchase (service and maintenance) areas now that these 2 brands have started dominating premium bike segment.
Really sad and scary to know Ninja 300 owners sometimes go through traumatic service experience. :(
pratap.pratu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 22:25   #26
BHPian

Bangalore, after getting baked for about a month, was relieved by, as Google had predicted, a thunderstorm on saturday evening, as the petrichor filled everyone's senses . A sunday morning ride was planned for a few days and we ended up with 7 machines and 8 humans in climate that would make poets pen down books, of highest quality, in hours.

Roads after first rain meant a bit of precaution from everyone and on the lookout for watering holes that could help out a thirsty herd of elephants on the roads or muck that could make a Hummer slide like a snake.

I was on my way at 525 AM sharp, met with the group at the Esteem (not so esteemed) Mall at 615 and were soon approaching Nandi hills. As we were already pretty late, by Nandi standards, the road had quite a bit of traffic. Riding up was great fun on her, as she took the hairpins with poise of a Russian olympic gymnast in spite of her being built like a Russian wrestler instead.

The climb was done in 5th and 6th gears (That Torque !!!Monstrous !), save for when the roads were blocked by a grunting Indica or a dreamy pulsar.
The way down was quicker, though it was done on lower gears to have more control on her desire to reach her home even faster, via the slopes

Breakfast break, after a quick photo session on some loose ground that made it impossible for me to move her around without some helpful hands from fellow riders, at Nandi Upahar (It was not there last time ! ) was quick, with fear of monkeys, that were lurking on top of the building, doing some mischief as our lovely machines waited out in the open.

Few of us had to be home quicker and took the highway back to Bangalore, after saying our good byes. 3 of us took the more scenic and slower route to Kolar highway and finally back home. I had forgotten my bag, which had the camera, and this, I realised only after going about 8 kilometres. So a quick U, all 3 of us, and we were soon back and the courteous people at the Nandi Upahar gave the bag back, which they had kept safe, with a smile on their face (18 Kms extra and supportive fellow riders didn't hurt either ).

Soon back on the trail and another few photos and ponderous people (The guy was touching the rear tyre with this finger as if it was his pet !) later, we were on the Kolar highway.

Each of us then parted our own ways and were soon back home.

A great ride done. Great Bangalore weather doing its bit.
Most importantly, great riders !

Best way to spend a sunday morning.

Roadbuster did 175 Kms today in about 5 hours. Gauge shows it consumed liquid gold at 21.5kmpl at the end of the today's trip. Temperature stayed around 85 -90 deg Cel in the morning, on our way to Nandi and went northwards to, a more familiar, the neighbourhoods of 100 deg Cel. ODO crossed 500Kms and is at 655 now. 145Kms till she can rock the 6K RPM fun !

Can't wait for more !

Linked !
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3683353

Last edited by Sojogator : 12th April 2015 at 22:37.
Old 13th April 2015, 10:03   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post

Breakfast break, after a quick photo session on some loose ground that made it impossible for me to move her around without some helpful hands from fellow riders
I remember how you gave up moving her closer to my bike for the pictures after all the push and pull.

Nice ownership log there buddy and she's a sweet beast! All the best and looking forward to more rides!
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 11:47   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
I remember how you gave up moving her closer to my bike for the pictures after all the push and pull.

Nice ownership log there buddy and she's a sweet beast! All the best and looking forward to more rides!
Thanks

Absolutely. You should seen when I parked her the first time. I kept her and the side stand was slowly being consumed by the ground and there was no stopping it from doing a Titanic on the ground. That is when that little piece of rock, you gave, came to the rescue.

I just wanted to leave asap, frankly
Old 14th April 2015, 14:43   #29

Congrats Sojogator,

Nice write up, pretty much sums up the experience of owning a superbike for the first time ! Must say, the Zs from Kawasaki are simply fantastic ! Ride safe
Old 14th April 2015, 16:01   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny9596 View Post
Congrats Sojogator,

Nice write up, pretty much sums up the experience of owning a superbike for the first time ! Must say, the Zs from Kawasaki are simply fantastic ! Ride safe
Thanks and congrats on being on TBHP !
Yes, they are. Brilliantly made over many years. Shows all through them.

First post for the Roadbuster I see

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks