Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2015, 16:23   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
If I am not confused, are these the things you suggested ?

http://www.amazon.in/Meguiars-G12619...words=Meguiars

http://www.amazon.in/Meguiars-G12711...words=Meguiars

As suggested I would get a couple more micro fibers, probably Jopasu ones though as I am really impressed with them. Absorbs more water and lets go off dirt very easily.
Yes, these are the ones I was suggesting. Jopasu microfibers are also of good quality. I use them too.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 16:49   #62
BHPian

Quote:
http://www.amazon.in/Meguiars-G12619...words=Meguiars

http://www.amazon.in/Meguiars-G12711...words=Meguiars

As suggested I would get a couple more micro fibers, probably Jopasu ones though as I am really impressed with them. Absorbs more water and lets go off dirt very easily.

One thing from my side. The Formula 1 bike clean seemed a great cleaning and polishing thing to use. The way it cut through the rock like mud on the pipes beneath the radiator guard really impressed me. Also, it can be buffed to shine glossy, matte and dashboard-type material alike.
I used ArmolAll Wash and Wax with Jopasu Microfiber cloths. It was great. The bike used to look like new after cleaning. I must also emphasize the use of a chamois cloth. I just dont get the same finish without it.
Currently I use Formula 1, its good but not as good as ArmorAll.

Quote:
Ah! Yes, I remember you describing the 20kmph jumps. Haven't noticed at 5K RPM but, yes, around that mark for sure. I wonder how she will reach around 240 in another 5K or so rpms. The magic would probably happen at 8K RPM when the torque is peaking.
Technically torque should only affect how quickly your RPMs rise and not the ratio itself. I dont remember the ratios myself, but the motor goes all the way up to 12K RPM, so technically you should have a speedo indicated 260 if you can hit the RPM limit in 6th (unlikely).

You can use this site to calculate. Just punch in the numbers from the manual
http://woodsware.aciwebs.com/gears/gears.asp

Last edited by TheCelestial : 21st April 2015 at 17:13. Reason: Added link
TheCelestial is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 22:31   #63
BHPian

For z800 - 21.1 kmph per 1000 rpm in 6th gear
N650 - 21.5 kmph per 1000 rpm in 6th gear

So z800 seems to have tall gearing compared to other sbks. One need not rev the engine to get the desired power. Looks excellent for highway rides. I remember STriple having a much short gearing. If i am correct, it is around 19.5 kmph per 1000 rpm in the 6th gear.

Last edited by shan_ned : 21st April 2015 at 22:36.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 12:02   #64
BHPian

Firstly, whoever is reading this, I would make a heartfelt request to help the people affected by the recent Earthquakes in and around our country ! I have been to these places and they are lovely ones. The people of the place deserve our helping hand in this hour of crisis ! I am a firm believer of Nature taking her own way of maintaining balance, however cruel it may seem. We can, though, do our best to help as much as we can, however we can ! Google and you will find ways to help ! Kudos !

Now, back to her,
A week off with the pending 1st service meant, I was back to my pre-Roadbuster life. It was boring and uninspiring for the most of it except for the rains opening up craters in Bangalore like Moon gets done every hour ! Kept counting the days off. Didn't not even start her up once, to listen to her breathe awhile maybe ! No! 1000kms 1st servicing rule took priority. An infected throat which led to a couple of sleepless nights, loads of brine gurgling in my throat and tablets into me though a little 'official' news made the week feel great mid way again. Saturday morning saw me wake up with a somewhat better throat and a happiness in my gut ! Rode her in the morning to the service center. As anticipated, another depressing encounter, with Khivraj, awaited. 1 hour of being done nothing. Missing people every 10 minutes. Unprofessional work. Un recommended stuff being used save for the engine oil. Patience was tested but kept it in check, thinking, it was not before another 6 months that I would have to here again. 4.5 hours and meeting a ZX14R owner with a NEXX helmet later, she was done and delivered. Cash paid, as they charge, illegally, an extra 1.75% for using a card, about which I had already written to them and, as expected, no action has been taken ! Another mail is on the cards !

Back home on a tank full of Speed97 (83 bucks ! 91RON was 80+ around an year back ! ), she, all shiny, waited for, hopefully, my throat to improve and another ride ! She definitely felt smoother in the snail crawl that I had from Kasturba Road to BTM ! By night, my throat seemed in decent situation and I was ready to ride the next dawn ! Avalabetta was planned by a few guys and I decided to join in. The night couldn't end any faster. The usual pre ride ritual done and an early sleep being achieved, I was up next morning, fresh and ready, with a great child like anticipation !

Zoomed her off, the sun was yet to play peek a boo, the craters were not still very visible, the watering holes from last night's rain meant the shiny Roadbuster looked her namesake within a few kilometres as she took on muck spitting cabs and road pools. The wind was nice and that meant the weather was "nice". 1st Service + Speed97 meant she felt like a hot knife through butter ! Cubbon road felt wonderful as her morning music reverberated in the canopy with glow of the sun just starting to penetrate the clear morning sky. 0558 hours, I was at the place where I was supposed to be at 0600 (Punctual Me ! Reminds me of my first private tuitions, 14 years back, when my english teacher was literally confused at my accuracy of arrival time everyday and, finally, asked me if I waited outside his gate till it was actually time. He laughed about it and said, being an English teacher, "You don't come 'in' time ! You come 'on' time !" ) .

Soon all of us gathered but I remained the only one who had seen the Roadbuster all blingy from last last day's wash ! Greetings done, we started off and boy ! Oh ! Boy! Was it not fun ! Last time when I had just breached the 4K limit and entered the 6K limit, I was on the hump conveyor belt that is the Mysore road ! This time though, plus the new oil and fuel in her, I was on the Bellary road ! She flew and everything was in control ! Not one noise that you didn't want to hear from any part of her ! Just the mesmerizing Inline 4 harp playing the notes to make the Angels weak in their knees !

After around 70 kms, we found our way, after some to and fro going-abouts and asking-local-people-arounds, to the top of Avalabetta. The approach road was beautiful and twisty while being decently laid down as well. Soon we were rocking the cemented pavement of a road to the top of the hill that has nothing, but a locked up little house. No idea what that was but surely, the view from top of the hill was excellent, even with the sun shining bright at around 0730. Gotta be here in the winter, at least for once !

Soon we took our way down and back. Roadbuster sang her other song (the engine braking song hum song) during the descend, which I was told was enjoyed by the co riders ! (Bike Pics coming in from @Chida! I forgot to take them as I was engrossed in taking in the horizon !)

Attachment 1364602
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc_0780-1024x678.jpg
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc_0795-1024x639.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-rides-18.html

In no time, we were flying back ! A stop at Kamath for a Masala Dosa and cup of hot coffee. A Kamath-side show, of the tire smoking and the idle revving and wheeling and stoppie-ing, being put up by a huge superbike group, to the happiness of a few bystanders and frowning the faces of many more there, probably did not like their breakfast time being marred by the racket being caused! Soon, we were off. The "group" followed, most of them causing every other vehicle on the highway much trouble ! With them out of sight, we took the left opposite Nandi Upahar and made our way back, through the lovely little road through hoskote-Kolar Highway.

A great ride done. Around 240kms of great fun. 1300+ on the ODO means just another 300 kms before all restrictions can be taken away and Roadbuster can do what she is capable of doing ! 6K RPM meant I never felt stranded and choked. A couple of 8K RPM bursts, which were wow ! Good Fun ! Good to be back on the road with my Roadbuster ! Time to tackle the monsoon, just the 2 of us ! Keep em coming !
Sojogator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 12:25   #65
BHPian

Small Update:

Did not ride long this weekend as I wanted to have a lazy long weekend and I did, meeting pals from schools, having lip smacking food, watching football after a siesta, playing video games, replacing old watch batteries, running in the rain (only to get pelted by a dozen hails) and, finally, completing the boot, which I had procrastinated like an idiot since 4 - 5 months, purchase (should be in my hands/feet in 3 weeks)

Washed her up with 3M car shampoo on Saturday and used my newly procured Meguair's wax to finish off on Sunday as cleaning was cut short on saturday by sudden burst of bangalore rain out of nowhere. At the end, the sidewalls of the tires and the rims were done with the 3M tire dresser. All the prices seems to have shot up drastically since I got them. All wet cleaning and tire dressing was done with a sponge from the local grocery (Rs 14 each). Polish was done with the Jopasu magic wipe that I got with the Jopasu duster as a set (combo is out of Amazon at the moment.)

Opened her cover up today morning and I was pleasantly surprised at the way she shone. Can't even say it was like new because the showroom delivered her in not so shiny condition.

The shampoo lathers very well with the water and I had enough in a small bucket to clean her, the R15 and most of the car.
The wax is expensive but totally worth it. Needs very little and works wonders. Just mist, spread and wipe off. Videos and reviews suggest they bead and sheet water very well for 2 to 3 weeks. Hopefully it does for me too with the onset of monsoon.

Also, post 1st servicing, she seems a more eager runner and aggresive. Riding has become further easier in the city as I commute to and fro office. Brakes seems to be getting better with every kilometer as they break in.

Last edited by Sojogator : 4th May 2015 at 12:30.
Old 4th May 2015, 22:48   #66
BHPian

Few cleaned-followed-by-1-day-office-commute pictures !

Old 7th May 2015, 18:51   #67
BHPian

Can you comment on seat lowering options done at the showroom itself? I'm 5"8.
Old 8th May 2015, 11:06   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The wax is expensive but totally worth it. Needs very little and works wonders. Just mist, spread and wipe off. Videos and reviews suggest they bead and sheet water very well for 2 to 3 weeks. Hopefully it does for me too with the onset of monsoon.
Yes, the wax is expensive but you only need to apply a small amount on the painted bits and buff it off. The container will easily last 4 years if you only use it on your bike. For even better shine and gloss, wait for a few hours and apply a second coat and buff it off.

My bike is totally dirty and I will be giving her the much needed wash and wax treatment tomorrow.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 12:06   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.jayakuma View Post
Can you comment on seat lowering options done at the showroom itself? I'm 5"8.
Showroom does nothing, except taking monies that is !! Not in Bangalore, at least.

You would have to buy it and then get it fixed at the service center.
@djay99 might be able to help you further as he uses one himsellf.
Old 12th May 2015, 18:28   #70
BHPian

Yet Another Sunday Ride:

After a couple of week of only office commuting (getting an average of 15 kmpl) , me could not wait to get away with her as quickly as possible this weekend. After much haggling and planning, could find one co rider (Santosh) on his D390, we came to the decision that we do a route I have been wanting to do for some time now. This route has excited me for 2 reasons. One, everyone I know who has taken this are in the awe of it and two, one would encounter numerous twisties that are well laid out through the green and the hills and the villages and the towns. So it was decided.
Bangalore - Kanakapura - Anchetty - Hosur - Bangalore. A 190 km circle alongside Bangalore that would not take more than 4 hours including the breakfast at the Vasu hotel !

As per information we had, Vasu starts making their famous masala dosas from 0730 which is a bit late considering the heat these days. Nevertheless, we started off from NICE road junction on Kanakapura road at 0645. Traffic had begun to pour in but in no time we chomped down the miles like a thirsty camel in the sahara. We were at the Vasu Hotel at around 0715 and, to our disappointment, were informed that Dosas would start only at 8 so we degraded ourselves to Idlis & Vadas which were, again, very well done. We met a couple of D390 guys who were going off-road from there.

Off from Vasu in around 30 minutes and the bliss started. If Kanakapura road was Lisa Haydon, this road was, yes yet again :P , Rosie Huntington Whiteley doing a Pirelli Calendar shoot in an evergreen forest, in light drizzle in a white t-shirt and a Pirelli tire. The tarmac was well laid out throughout. The curves and twists kept on coming in all sizes. I have never been happier and neither has Roadbuster. The twisties are my favourite kind of road. The oodles of torque made things super easy. Be aware of the roads at all times since in every once in a blue moon, you will find a muddy patch. Keep an eye for the road signs as they are very well done with respect to position and visibility. There were a grand total of 2 speed breakers if I can remember right.

So on we went, left and right, hanging and shifting, braking and accelerating and somewhere in between, without my realization, Roadbuster had completed 1600 kms which meant there was no more break in restrictions !!! She could spread her wings and fly if I commander her to do so ! A little hilly section, little villages with badly patched small sections of road later we were soon approaching Hosur. In no time we were in Hosur. We then did a bit of post run-in runs from Hosur till electronic city and, as a result, the distance was covered pretty quick, MT Revenge did not like this one bit as she tried to take revenge by making her way away from my head. First cog got me past what I could do on my R15, with WOT, on the 6th cog!! We then bid our goodbyes at electronic city and made ourselves back home.

We stopped quite a few times considering it was only around 190kms. We took photos, hydrated ourselves, checked on maps and carried on again. There could have been another 1000 stops considering how photogenic the entire stretch of road was and add to that the sudden love shown by the weather Gods that we did not have face even a minute of any kind of sunshine or a drop of rainfall. Humidity along the forest was pretty high though. There was just a 1 blemish, when I tried to ride on a bit of lose mud and she skid happily but no fall as I knew it was coming when I went in there. Dragged her out and off we went again. The slimy mud at places, the slightly damp red soil and Oh-So-Green all around suggested there has been rainfall there not very long ago, probably last night when Bangalore just threatened !

It was the perfect ride. The best one I have done till now, with Roadbuster !!! This path shall be trodden soon again ! Amen !

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-11008068_10153361753479529_5413100676363816797_n.jpg

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-13485_10153361754264529_6421386015663379532_n.jpg

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-1509676_10153361754324529_4775375810904892230_n.jpg

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-11165264_10153361754334529_907986262455240780_n.jpg

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-11203129_10153361753239529_3554959325316232685_n.jpg

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-11203249_10153361751574529_4891565150053293391_n.jpg

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-11260330_10153361754574529_1683748728100779264_n.jpg

Very Green Indeed !
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-11255327_10153361751454529_8512273660500723864_n.jpg

The wet part of the tire suggest a lot of the 180 section was utilised
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-11203140_10153361753464529_1725570456169169980_n.jpg

Distance - 190 kms
Stops - 5
Time - 4.5 hours
Mileage - 21.4 kmpl

Last edited by Sojogator : 12th May 2015 at 18:30.
Old 12th May 2015, 21:58   #71
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to see you doing some long distances on RB. The place is very scenic and the black/green Z blends in very well. I believe it wont be long before you go on another longer road trip.
Old 18th May 2015, 12:46   #72
BHPian

Another week flew by. Petrol prices have gone up again. Modi has ticked off more countries on the world map. Bangalore heat has given away to more pleasant weather as rest of the country are plunging into the heat wave. Rain has been consistent in and around Bangalore. Roads are still broken at most places. Roadbuster gets dirty with every ride. There are layers of muck everywhere possible.

Weekends are something that I wait for, much more than ever before. A chance to see a new place. A chance to ride the Roadbuster on a stretchy empty tarmac, all happiness. So while these 2 days mostly meant a movie or two coupled with eating out and sleeps till afternoon have been adjusted to include this time to be with the Roadbuster as we teach each other something or the other about each other !

This week's plan was well thought out, planned well in advance leading to 10 riders (all team bhp members) joining up to ride to Devarayanadurga, simplified to be called DD hills for the obvious reason of sets of teeth falling apart while pronouncing it and Lord of 'A's not liking the fact that most his 'A' treasure has been taken away to name this place.

We gathered at Tumkur road / Nice road junction at around 0630 and off we went, around 30 minutes delayed nevertheless. Weather Gods, like last weekend, decided to give in a helping hand. Cool around you, cloudy over you, green either side of you, dark tarmac below you and you are on your machine ! What else could anyone want from a Saturday morning !

I lost the group, thanks to my habit of overshooting turns, that are to be taken, and getting myself too engrossed into the ride.

Well, good thing ! Google Maps in my pocket meant, I was not losing my way from there. Soon, back on the track, we were slicing through a forest. The road was motoring nirvana. Well laid tarmac, twisting through the forest, flanked by trees glowing green and every now and then a patch of the road would be bordered by red or purple or yellow. It looked absolutely incredible to the eyes, soothing for the lungs and the canopy meant inline 4 music for the ears.

Soon, after tackling the hair pins, the curves and the monkeys, we reached the top. Taking in the lovely place and soon after, getting together with the rest of the group who had reached around a quarter of an hour earlier.

A few minutes spent there and, again, we were on our way down. Same roads & weather still its same wonderful self. We stopped at a spot for a few pictures and off we went again. Back to the highway, after bidding goodbye to the lovely roads of DD hills. Not very long and we were done with our, multiple rounds of very well done, breakfast at Kamat and, soon, we were back on our way to Bangalore.

We bid goodbye to each other at the same NICE road / Tumkur road junction. Back home with a dirtier Roadbuster and a clearer soul coupled with a peaceful mind at around 1100.

No hiccups. No almost moments. Great Riders. Great roads. Great Weather. All so good that you wished the roads were a few miles longer.

Sunday saw me, give her the wash of her, short, life. Every nook and corner were mercilessly handled. The chain was cleaned and lubed. She looks spanking again after a couple of hours of effort from my spine !!! Must say it is quite unnerving putting her down from the paddock. Nevertheless, should get better with time.

As she is about to touch 2000 on the ODO, to another week we go !

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07498.jpg

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07488.jpg

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07496.jpg

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07491.jpg

Thanks to @hifisharu for this picture and the video, from his action cam !
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-11143728_10153374568649529_2424201883645368346_n1.jpg

Last edited by Sojogator : 18th May 2015 at 12:48.
Sojogator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 22:14   #73
BHPian

Small Update:

Received my RC, the first of my life with my name imprinted on it. Sadly though, as with so many of our government run systems, errors have cropped up. As per the RC card, I own a Bajaj Z800-ABS with a single cylinder 806 CC engine. Blimey, almost an Indane cooking LPG cylinder right under my posterior !!!

Quick call to the showroom, with expectation of being let down by Khivraj once again, and, pleasantly surprisingly, they handled the situation ever so well. Responded very well to what I told. Without even being asked, told me to send a soft copy and took a days time to come back after talking to their agent. Even more surprisingly, they did come back with the info in a day and then collected the RC from a place near my home, didn't even have to go to the showroom. Also let me know that they would resubmit and get a new one done. The turnover time would, again, be around 2 months but of which I would be confirmed in a couple of days. Also, showed me the a copy of the form that was submitted which was correct and it was our brilliant RTO that screwed up for fun !!!

Credit where credit is due, Khivraj handled the situation very well. Kudos !

Yet, another wait begins for the first RC of my life !
Old 19th May 2015, 21:55   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Aditya,

Is the collinite 845 still available locally in India? If yes do share the links.
Came across this team bhp thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/53156-most-durable-wax-i-have-encountered-collinite-845-a-28.html

The latest posts have some links of the sellers. Those links do indicate about the stocks availability as well.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 14:08   #75
BHPian

The Longest Roadbuster's Travelled Yet.

Last week's wash had taken a toll on me. The thigh hurt for 3 days or so. The squat position, no I wasn't giving birth to a Z250, during the cleaning and lubing process meant some burnt up thigh tissues. This, and a wet pair of woodlands, lead to, me not riding her for a couple of days last week and instead fall to the R15. Then, we were together again !The last 2 months have flown by, faster than ever before. Just like a teenager would feel happy about the first 2 months of the first relationship, I was over the moon. I wanted to push the ride distance a bit. From the 200 kms or less that I have been doing to a little more perhaps. Hunted down places via google and decided on this little hill station called Yelagiri, around 150kms from home.

After much considerations and decisions, sunday (Exactly 2 months from the day Roadbuster arrived home) was decided on to be the day we rode. What started off with 2 riders, a couple of days earlier, ended up being a 6 rider affair. Tanked her up with VPower (Nope ! Nothing special that I can feel !) from Shell this time on the night before and followed it up with Biriyani and a sleepless night, thanks to the bat-in-the-house-moment, the mosquitoes and the load shading at 0300 in the morning. Nevertheless, I started on time and, just my English teacher used to tell me, I arrived 'on' time as my watch ticked 0530, precisely.

We were to start at 530, from the signal on Hosur road after elevated way ! As always, we started a few minutes late, at 0545. Other than me, we were a CBR250, ridden by someone who loved traffic in Bangalore , a couple of R15 V2s, a RE Thunderbird 500 and a yellow Continental GT (What a looker !!!) ! Well, we rode on towards Krishnagiri and stopped at toll gates to get together. We spotted a few camouflaged cars on the roads, being ridden hard. A mahindra and a Kwid were a part of those.

I am notorious for overshooting turns while going to a place and cause havoc and, almost comically, I was leading the way this time. But technology has come a long way and does an amazing job in covering up our weaknesses. Google Maps + IEMs meant I was taking every correct turn I could. A few doubted the directions and asked a villager, just before Yelagiri, and he suggested a way to us that involved climbing up a bridge that was meant for living beings only, maybe a bicycle at most !!! Soon, we relied back on Maps and were on our way, at good speeds.

The climb was brilliant. A proper hill twister of a road. The first one I have done on Roadbuster. Maybe, slightly thinner roads would be more interesting but, nevertheless reminded me of my childhood trips from Siliguri to Kalimpong, with the hairpins, 14 of them and each named after a Tamil poet, and the curves sweeping in and out while taking you to the top, through the Yelagiri forest. Lovely roads. Nice weather. Fresh Air. Green all around me ! Scanty traffic. Perfect.

Soon, we were on the top of the hill and the place turned out to be like a plateau and not a hill. Flat ground. Sun, now shining, as we were no more on the leeward side. The place is a mere 1000m above sea level. A local guy came in, looked at the Roadbuster with an eye of a teenager looking at the photo shoot of Rosie Hunti..you know the rest by now ! A few regular run of the mill queries and then he bid me goodbye with a lovely smile of his face ! Happy !

We stopped at the most popular, which we decided at that very moment by the number of people inside, eatery there,. The clock struck 0800. So we did good to do around 150kms in around 2 hours with numerous stops. After a plethora of breakfast with each one of us having multiple rounds of dosas and smallest omelettes I have ever seen, we looked at Maps and chose to go by the lake to take some clicks. The Guy told you could only walk till there so we dropped the plan and instead headed to the end of the road, as per Maps. It was the end of the road and entry to the Yelagiri Forest which meant it couldn't be a bad spot ! Turns out, we guessed it right and, after some going here and there, we were there. We stopped in the shade. Some more photos. Some talks. Some walks. Some freed the water in our anatomies. We, then decided to head back as the clock ticked past 1000.

Now the traffic had picked up. You could see imbeciles galore. Unlike a proper hill stations where the drivers know how to ride on hills, this place was filled with drivers and riders, who had no idea of how to ride on hills. Few riding on the wrong side on a hairpin. Some parked at the hairpin to look at the view. Others stuck on the wrong lane in their ambition to overtake. It was a mess and a tragedy waiting to happen. I would suggest to reach early and leave this place as early as possible, before the traffic picks up.

Once we were down, after some more photos at one of those viewpoints on a hairpin, we headed back, doing good speeds, till we stopped for around 15 minutes at a railway level crossing and boy wasn't that part taxing !!! The sun was screaming down. All of us were getting fried, including a iPhone that needed a switch off, and couldn't wait for the gates to open up. 3 trains, 2 regular passenger trains and 1 double decker crawler of a train, later, the gate finally opened. The 15 minutes meant the place was packed with traffic. Bicycles, scooters, mopeds, buses, car and two wheeler, all on both sides of the road like two armies about to get into a battle with swords and shields, 300 style ! But, like with so many times in our traffic situations, all passed through without touching each other. Honestly, someone should do a thesis on this kind of unearthly efficient traffic behaviour !!

We were back on the road. Batteries had run out of our phones so we asked ourselves to the Chennai-Bangalore highway. The road was great. A little well laid road that snaked through the little picturesque villages. A little dangerous since if you go off the road, you will drop a few feet into the fields and spoil your day for sure !

We couldn't wait to hit the highway and we did that soon enough. All of us, butt-sored, riders kept going on now as we would want to get back as soon as possible, thanks to the heat that was turning unbearable now. But we made good distance in very little time and soon were at Krishnagiri again. Few of the bikes took a fuel break while I just washed my face and wet my balaclava (balaclava helped a long way solving the buffeting & noise issue of my MT Revenge at high speeds. Let's say, I can do 20 kmph more comfortably, thanks to the suggestion from fellow rider, @Added_flavour, about using a balaclava. I had one, which I had received with my MT Revenge, for free, and that did the job well enough IMO !)

We cut through the, highway on frying pan, and we were at the ecity signal, where we had started on a cool morning, again ! We bid our goodbyes and left. Home in no time, thanks to the continuous green signals on Hosur road ! Lucky me ! Filled up her again (Returned around 21.5 kmpl for the trip) for the upcoming week, did the groceries my mom wanted and reached my home sweet home at around 1300. My posterior took to my bed like a cow does to a dripping tap on a hot summer day ! Settled in, a bath, more Biriyani and a siesta later, I was fine, by the evening, again and managed to take in the numerous sporting events that was taking place all over the world !

This happened to be my longest ride, with the Roadbuster, yet at slightly over the 300kms mark. Unlike, last couple of weeks, the heat did not play friend and instead tried to make a broth out of us. Nevertheless, the roads were worth the pain and the heat.

A great way to celebrate the first couple of months with her, which saw us travel, a respectable, 2440 KMs while making some wonderful new friends, learn something or the other every other day and get to know how the weather plays possum ! Long it may continue ! Cheers to the Roadbuster !

Wonder what the Lord Of Clean thinks about the clean-level of the Roadbuster in these pictures ! Huh ! @Porschefire ?

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07501.jpg

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07503.jpg

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07507.jpg

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07509.jpg

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc075121.jpg

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07518.jpg

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07520.jpg

The parts, kept apart !
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07523.jpg

Last edited by Sojogator : 25th May 2015 at 14:25.
Sojogator is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks