Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 19:44   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Sir - Absolutely nothing personal at all!
Am surprised you are suggesting Diavel etc to AWD who is clear that the usage is for city use. Lol -- where would he use all that BHP? Not that I am saying Fatboy is the choice for him either.
You are right Shubz, about neither being fit for city use. I suggested the option of Diavel to AWD since he seemed keen on going for a test ride of the Fat Boy after the Iron and was still mulling over options.

For city use, the best option would be a non-geared scooter from my viewpoint

Anyways, pleasure interacting with you

Ride safe!

Cheers
Old 11th August 2015, 11:58   #167
Senior - BHPian

So here I complete 6000 kms on this machine. Every kilometer has been joy! Much more stable machine than the sportster family. Of course the sportsters have their own charm. I haven't been able to ride for a bit so this milestone is an underachievement of sorts!

This one is so grounded. despite the low GC, no fear of ground scraping etc.

The FP3 initially threw one error - but VnH folks diligently resolved it for me.

Bike indeed runs cooler. Have never been able to go full throttle. so don't know how much more the bike is capable of!

2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!-img_5170.jpg

Cheers!
Shubz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 12:20   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So here I complete 6000 kms on this machine. Every kilometer has been joy!

I thought you were on a silent mission to put one more zero to the number you showed last time

Nice to read that the bike is running smoothly post the fix.

What happened to your AW? Is she gone?
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 18:54   #169
BANNED

Quote:
So here I complete 6000 kms on this machine. Every kilometer has been joy!

Bike indeed runs cooler. Have never been able to go full throttle. so don't know how much more the bike is capable of!

Attachment 1402293

Cheers!
She is an all day mile muncher!

Fp3 can do tons of things , why don't you start with logging some riding time and posting.

Recording Engine temps, AFR ,ign timing and o2 voltages would be great place to start some power gains.
Old 12th August 2015, 00:04   #170
Senior - BHPian

Yeah. I need to do that. Till now I was trying to get a hang of the thing. Now I need to figure out how to log all these and capture. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12th August 2015, 10:31   #171
BANNED

Quote:
Yeah. I need to do that. Till now I was trying to get a hang of the thing. Now I need to figure out how to log all these and capture. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I believe it works on an app through phone. Could you post some pics of interface
Old 12th August 2015, 11:16   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
I believe it works on an app through phone. Could you post some pics of interface
Yes sir. there is an app that works through the phone. We get data only when the bike is running and app connects to the FP. I had checked with VnH folks if we can collate some "post ride" data -- to which they said - All data is available only when the unit is connected and running.
Old 12th August 2015, 12:24   #173
BANNED

Quote:
Yes sir. there is an app that works through the phone. We get data only when the bike is running and app connects to the FP. I had checked with VnH folks if we can collate some "post ride" data -- to which they said - All data is available only when the unit is connected and running.
OK, does it means fp3 can't record / store data? For further analysis.

In that case you probably can only flash already prepared / canned tunes.

Or may there is some android app that can capture screenshots in quick succession ( like 3 shots per sec) , then we can have some meaning from Data.
But for the time , you can keep a view on o2 sensor voltage at 1500rpm,2000rpm,2500 and so on . and post

Last edited by dustom_99 : 12th August 2015 at 12:37.
Old 14th September 2015, 18:13   #174
Senior - BHPian

So I am back after doing the SHR! 1100+ kms. 3 days stay at Cochin.

Some highlights -- the Hog Rallies are turning out to be predictable with nothing new to offer. Its actually getting worse - Last time around, there were stalls etc. Now none. Just some crappy rock show that deserved rocks to be thrown at it!
The same booze counter!
The same grill counter!
The same food counter - with multiple cuisines.

Its time HD event management folks figure out something new!

So the SHR only seemed an Alibi. 1100+ (minus some important anatomy frying traffic experience inside Cochin) was pure bliss, soul cleansing ride!

and in the bargain (my usual) number crunching! Crossed the 7000 mark (couldn't really click exact 7000) but managed the magic 7's though! am 5 kms short of the 8000 mark -- time to change oil!!

2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!-12009786_10153704201302009_3843994457771166820_n.jpg

2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!-7777.jpg

Cheers!
Shubz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 18:19   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its time HD event management folks figure out something new!

Shubz,

Congrats on reaching those numbers effortlessly.

However I heard that the location (mystery island or what was it?) was very good and well chosen one?

Do share some photos of any weird or funky looking HD's if you do not mind.
Old 14th September 2015, 18:24   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Shubz,

Congrats on reaching those numbers effortlessly.

However I heard that the location (mystery island or what was it?) was very good and well chosen one?

Do share some photos of any weird or funky looking HD's if you do not mind.
I don't know of any island. there was some lunch arranged somewhere. But we chose not to go. we did our own city tour. unfortunately the Fort Kochi is closed for renovation and the Jewish Synagogue was closed too!

the only island i travelled to was at the hotel, from the main reception area to the rooms at Le Meridian -- a 10 second boat ride.

Yeah Let me get you some pic soon . :-)
Old 14th September 2015, 19:41   #177
BANNED

So nearing the 10k mark already! Good going!

Anyway I never likes organised rides by them , I mean its always better to hit a low key low population destination with a few dear friends! Do what you want to , instead of having to take a listen to desi rock!
dustom_99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 10:14   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Harley executive narrowed it down to Iron for me. Will try the Sportster range next time. Will also look at Ninja650. I hate riding a sports bike, specially the crouched sitting position, need a bike on which you sit straight. Liked this about Harleys.
Hey, have you zeroed in on something yet? The new Iron 883 has an improved front and rear suspension and better ground clearance. Why don't you test ride that?
I have an ER6n, so ask me whatever you want to about it.

In fact, let's all ride with the Harley boys sometime and you can test ride my bike too.
Old 10th October 2015, 01:31   #179
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
The new Iron 883 has an improved front and rear suspension and better ground clearance. Why don't you test ride that?
I have an ER6n, so ask me whatever you want to about it.let's all ride with the Harley boys sometime and you can test ride my bike too.
Sadly not much headway yet! Yea that would be wonderful meeting up & riding together. The thing is that I opened up various other horizons in front of me, Kawasakis, Hondas, Ducatis, Triumphs, KTM, etc. but all with sitting straight up posture only, strictly.

Also narrowed down priorities, I shall be using the bike in City only, no highways. So that ways I won't require a very powerful bike. Correct new Iron seems to fit the bill, I liked the Triumph T100 also. So undecided for now & more keen on a used bike.

Btw nice bike you got, how about a full user experience ? That is if not posted already! If posted, then please forward me the link, should make for a nice read.
Old 11th October 2015, 21:33   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Btw nice bike you got, how about a full user experience ? That is if not posted already! If posted, then please forward me the link, should make for a nice read.
Not much of a review, this, but this is my experience logged in this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...aki-er-6n.html

For a used bike, I would say go with the Ninja 650. There are many in the used market with hardly any kilometers on the clock.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks