Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2015, 13:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Wow that's some serious mile crunching you are doing there.

With the bike being more stabler am sure you are enjoying the ride. What are the service intervals for this bike? Is it the same as Sportsters?
Thanks Mahesh!

Mile crunching is very much possible with the bunch of riders called LLB's

Yes service intervals are same as in Sportsters. :-)

#LLB
Old 13th April 2015, 14:05   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Saddlemen BR1800 sissy bar bag!
This looks cool , can you share source of purchase
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 09:19   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Saddlemen BR1800 sissy bar bag!
Even I would be interested to know the source of purchase. Do let me know the details Shubz. And keep enjoying
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 10:48   #64
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the upgrade, Shubakar. Apologies for the late wishes. Been extremely busy off late.

Nice to see you munching miles already with the new one.

I was hoping that the attitude of the sales staff would have changed after the initial "settling in" period but looks like it's not. Sad to read that the customer is taken for granted almost everywhere no matter what one is buying.

Wishing you many happy and safe miles on this one.
Old 14th April 2015, 13:34   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
This looks cool , can you share source of purchase
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Even I would be interested to know the source of purchase. Do let me know the details Shubz. And keep enjoying
Dear Sirs - I ordered this at a local store called xTorque! Awesome service, prompt shipment, took about 2 weeks to arrive. No headaches whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Congratulations on the upgrade, Shubakar. Apologies for the late wishes. Been extremely busy off late.

Nice to see you munching miles already with the new one.

I was hoping that the attitude of the sales staff would have changed after the initial "settling in" period but looks like it's not. Sad to read that the customer is taken for granted almost everywhere no matter what one is buying.

Wishing you many happy and safe miles on this one.
Aditya sir - Thank you so very much!! Barring a few names who take personal interest, everything else remains the same. Sales matters - And thats happening vigorously anyways.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 13:55   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shubz, which pants are these? The jacket is a Dainese. Is the pant the same? Leather or textile (can't make out)? Or is it a Harley pant - a set with the Harley leather jacket in an earlier photo of yours?

The fit is good, hence asking. Looking for leather bottoms. I know absurd question to a Harley rider , but does it have knee slider attachment as well?
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 14:03   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Shubz, which pants are these? The jacket is a Dainese. Is the pant the same? Leather or textile (can't make out)? Or is it a Harley pant - a set with the Harley leather jacket in an earlier photo of yours?

The fit is good, hence asking. Looking for leather bottoms. I know absurd question to a Harley rider , but does it have knee slider attachment as well?
Doc, The jacket with Red is a Dainese one. The pants in the pic is a Dainese leather pants (perforated leather). The black jacket in my earlier pic is a Harley Jacket half leather, half mesh.

haha. Harley pants/jackets - They never come with protection - you need them - YOU BUY THEM!

The Dainese pants however come with awesome protection. Knee up to the shin and yes , I am loving the fit too! :-) though I did buy 1 or 2 sizes oversize (just in case I get fat) I did get fat - FatBoy!

#LLB
Old 14th April 2015, 14:19   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Doc, The jacket with Red is a Dainese one. The pants in the pic is a Dainese leather pants (perforated leather). The black jacket in my earlier pic is a Harley Jacket half leather, half mesh.

haha. Harley pants/jackets - They never come with protection - you need them - YOU BUY THEM!

The Dainese pants however come with awesome protection. Knee up to the shin and yes , I am loving the fit too! :-) though I did buy 1 or 2 sizes oversize (just in case I get fat) I did get fat - FatBoy!

#LLB
Can you share a link and the price here please? They look nice. You did not answer about the knee sliders? And hip armor? Tailbone?

The other nice option are the Triumph leathers. Good armour and very nice full grain leather. Ricci has them.

Last edited by ebonho : 14th April 2015 at 14:21.
Old 14th April 2015, 14:22   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you share a link and the price here please? They look nice. You did not answer about the knee sliders? And hip armor? Tailbone?

The other nice option are the Triumph leathers. Good armour and very nice full grain leather. Ricci has them.

http://www.saddlemen.com/br1800-back...-bag-universal

Price around 16k

Bangalore XTorque - You can reach out to Mr. Ganesh/Farheen +919611119648

Last edited by Shubz : 14th April 2015 at 14:24.
Old 14th April 2015, 22:43   #70
Senior - BHPian

Watching Harley Davidson and the Marlboro man on MGM and I just had to post here, lol . Hope Rambo doesn't mind
How's the Rambo treating you Shubz ?
Saw one fully loaded fatboy a while ago and I still have the picture in mind. Have a safe ride man and keep posting.
Old 15th April 2015, 07:52   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Shubz, Iam away from the forum for some time and I see so much activity on this section and biggest one has to be you acquiring the dream Harley bike (Fatboy)

The bike looks simply fantastic and the color that you have chosen will certainly make it stand apart from all other Harleys for sure and if I ever fall into a Harley trap, this one would be the bike that I would have gone for

Wish you many safe miles on it and enjoy the ride

P.S : Can you tell me what line of business your in? That's a fortune you spent on a bike and accessories and if there is a vacancy, would like to apply
Old 15th April 2015, 11:22   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Watching Harley Davidson and the Marlboro man on MGM and I just had to post here, lol . Hope Rambo doesn't mind
How's the Rambo treating you Shubz ?
Saw one fully loaded fatboy a while ago and I still have the picture in mind. Have a safe ride man and keep posting.
Sammyboy! Haha! Even I watched that Movie despite having watched it earlier! I have taken to Rambo like Fish to water and vice versa (Amen to that!) and Enjoying every bit of the 1000+ kms that I have ridden so far. The big one is looming over the horizon - the WHR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Shubz, Iam away from the forum for some time and I see so much activity on this section and biggest one has to be you acquiring the dream Harley bike (Fatboy)

The bike looks simply fantastic and the color that you have chosen will certainly make it stand apart from all other Harleys for sure and if I ever fall into a Harley trap, this one would be the bike that I would have gone for

Wish you many safe miles on it and enjoy the ride

P.S : Can you tell me what line of business your in? That's a fortune you spent on a bike and accessories and if there is a vacancy, would like to apply
Thank you Avi! I am a normal salaried guy bro! Banks have spoilt me! and its all on EMI's as our lives are on!
Old 18th April 2015, 00:00   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Sammyboy! Haha! Even I watched that Movie despite having watched it earlier! I have taken to Rambo like Fish to water and vice versa (Amen to that!)
Congrats Shubz, was a pleasure meeting you and Rambo! Though thanks to Arnie and Terminator 2, the Fat Boy will always invoke the cyborg in my mind without fail!

Does HD have a shotgun holster/holder in their accessories list ?

Quote:

(Sorry Shubz for the OT/thread-hijack): Those would be these :
http://www.triumphmotorcycles.in/clo...clothing/jeans

I do think they're short on hip and tailbone protection, the hip padding is thinner than I'd like, and yes, no knee sliders.

And the jacket:
http://www.triumphmotorcycles.in/clo...eather-jackets

The armour seems pretty good , all Knox. The back protector is thicker than most jackets I've checked ( non Triumph included , but I haven't checked really high end stuff , the top notch Astars and Dainese kind).
Old 20th April 2015, 13:42   #74
Senior - BHPian

Rambo did some crazy road trip.

2232 kms in all. Bangalore - pune - Aurangabad - Pune - Bangalore! for the WHR
2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!-img_2516.jpg
And all that for

2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!-img_2313.jpg

Call me crazy if you want to! :-P

Onward journey - encountered some heavy rains in the Satara Karad belt. Thunder and lightning hitting the road etc. Rambo sailed through it all although I was extremely careful with the heavyweight.

The roads from Pune to Aurangabad were good mostly except after Ahmednagar - bumpy - due to extra hot conditions, the roads seem warped.

Return was swifter from Pune to Bangalore on the Rambo! I had probably gotten used to him and he to me so was responding beautifully!

on the ODO now
2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!-img_2517.jpg

@Rakesh_S was the one to notice the difference in my riding.

The Saddlemen bag held out beautifully throughout. Will post my review on the relevant thread if anyone is interested that is.

Cheers!
Shubz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 14:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Shubz, it was really super meeting you finally! Also Rakesh and the other Team BHPian. And last but by no means the least, Rambo!

Glad you had a nice and enjoyable and safe ride to Aurangabad and back. Do put up some photos. Here are a few of ours ....

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post3688459
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks