Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2015, 14:47   #16
BHPian

Sojogator, the picture is with my mom. Hahahahaha.

Yep, got an R Jays cover for the bike with the elastic at the bottom. They are pretty good actually. If the cat becomes a trouble will introduce her to Simba!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Lol ! her = one with the wheels

Another thing you could do is get cover with elastic at the bottom. Mine fits super snug and I do not see many cats nearby either. I had chased one to death (long story) in my school days and, since then I have noticed, cats do their best to avoid me
Hey thank you "barcalad"
Glad that you like her. Getting some wheel finishers for her today. They look full on. And hopefully will have the crash and wheel protectors by Saturday. Will post pictures of everything.

Super thanks again. Keeping a close eye on the cat!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Excellent write up! I must say, that I'm in awe of the accessories you've purchased for the ride. The bar-end mirrors simply give a completely new look to the bike, and so do the Arrows.

Fabulous choice of helmet as well.

Coming to the nightwatch, I've got a cat in my parking lot too who snuggles up to my seat at nights, especially when the bike has it's cover on. Luckily she doesn't mess it up much with her fur.

Here's wishing you a lot of happy kilometres!
Hey Mustang. Hope all good. Thank you for your kind words. Means a lot. Thank you.

Will try and keep this interesting. Lol.

Ride safe man. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang29 View Post
Normally I won't login Team BHP unless and untill I am want to say something. Your excellent write up made me do that today. What's note worthy is the passion you have for bikes is put in right way, more like a film script.
Happy motoring and drive safe.
Hello Pramod.
Yep, she's Frodo and I, Sauron. My eye is on her.
Thanks a ton man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Nothing against cats but they usually claw the seat, especially kittens. Please keep an eye.

Pramod

Last edited by Vid6639 : 16th April 2015 at 17:45. Reason: merging posts. Please use the edit option if posting within 30mins on same thread.
Old 16th April 2015, 15:15   #17
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!

Congratulations Rahul sir.

I have had the privilege to lust over a blue Speed Triple in Mumbai recently. That color was not really the Street Triple blue, but much of a matte finish to it. Looked lovely on the Speed. The black looks sinister as well, recently saw a black one during the Parx Supercar Show in Mumbai. It was one of the display bikes and had fluorescent green painted wheels on it. Looked wicked !

This I believe is the first ownership report of the Speed Triple in Team-BHP. Many congratulations again. A lovely write-up and I must say you've got a brilliant sense of humour.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 15:25   #18
BHPian

Hey M. Rahul is more than enough. I wish i was Knighted though!
Humor?, i was serious most of the times. Lol.

Oh that blue is awesome. I beleive they call it the "Caspian Blue" Its not available any more. But the black does look cool. Only thing is, that it's a dust magnet.

Cheers man. Be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Congratulations Rahul sir.

I have had the privilege to lust over a blue Speed Triple in Mumbai recently. That color was not really the Street Triple blue, but much of a matte finish to it. Looked lovely on the Speed. The black looks sinister as well, recently saw a black one during the Parx Supercar Show in Mumbai. It was one of the display bikes and had fluorescent green painted wheels on it. Looked wicked !

This I believe is the first ownership report of the Speed Triple in Team-BHP. Many congratulations again. A lovely write-up and I must say you've got a brilliant sense of humour.
Odeen12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 17:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Rahul. Speed Triple is a gorgeous looking bike and the single sided swingarm looks stunning. I guess its almost similar to Z800 in size, must be looking big when compared to Street triple.

How is the ride quality and ease of riding in city traffic?

Please post more pics as this beauty is rare on our roads and showroom as well .
Old 16th April 2015, 18:46   #20
BHPian

The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Congrats Rahul. Speed Triple is a gorgeous looking bike and the single sided swingarm looks stunning. I guess its almost similar to Z800 in size, must be looking big when compared to Street triple.

How is the ride quality and ease of riding in city traffic?

Please post more pics as this beauty is rare on our roads and showroom as well .

Hey Djay. Thank you. Yep, she might be as big as the Z800.
Have been riding her in the city for sometime now. Pretty easy to handle honestly. The weight is there, but once you start moving the distribution of it seems balanced. Clutch is heavy and have asked the service guys if anything can be done about the same. Also she heats up, but the heat is dissipated well. If work permits will do a proper ride well outside the city limits.

Thanks again. Cheers

As I promised will post more pictures and logs. It's going to be an ongoing process.

Last edited by Odeen12 : 16th April 2015 at 18:49.
Old 16th April 2015, 19:01   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeen12 View Post
Clutch is heavy and have asked the service guys if anything can be done about the same.
@Odeen12, Congrats on your new possession (obsession)?

One thing I noticed about the Triumphs was that the clutch was actually quite light. But another thing I noticed was the clutch didn't feel the same on all the bikes. Leads me to believe that if adjusted properly, the Triumph clutch infact is very light and good, but prone to being wrongly adjusted. So, yeah, get your service guy to adjust it for you. It's not hard, but keep at it till you find a sweet spot.

A great upgrade/accessory that Triumph has is the Quickshifter. I would highly recommend it.

Cheers

Ride Hard and Ride Safe.
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 21:07   #22
BHPian

Hey thanks a ton gthang.

Obsession more like it.

You boys in Coimbatore like everything fast. Want to get used to the bike. The quickshifter is awesome, but i don't know how would i use it in the city. Knowing me, i'd go grinning into the rear end of a rickshaw here. May be later?

Will speak to the service guy tomorrow when i am at showroom. Probably have it set to what i like.

Thanks again. Ride safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
@Odeen12, Congrats on your new possession (obsession)?

One thing I noticed about the Triumphs was that the clutch was actually quite light. But another thing I noticed was the clutch didn't feel the same on all the bikes. Leads me to believe that if adjusted properly, the Triumph clutch infact is very light and good, but prone to being wrongly adjusted. So, yeah, get your service guy to adjust it for you. It's not hard, but keep at it till you find a sweet spot.

A great upgrade/accessory that Triumph has is the Quickshifter. I would highly recommend it.

Cheers

Ride Hard and Ride Safe.
Old 16th April 2015, 23:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Lovely write up bro and congratulations on a wonderful decision . I had a chance to ride with some speed triples on the track during CSS and I was soo impressed. One of the guys was bending it like beckham serious leans and speed . This bike has a lot of potential, enjoy it and have a lot of fun that's all it's about. Ride safe and wear your gear.
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 00:26   #24
BHPian

Congrats Rahul on owning one of the meanest looking street fighters. I truly lust after the Speed Triple in black. One day maybe
Wishing you many many joyous miles on the bike. Ride safe.

OT: Haven't spotted you yet in the bylanes of Versova. Maybe i am roaming around at the wrong time or in the wrong lane.
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 01:34   #25
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Speed Triple Rahul! I guess yours is the first ownership thread of the Speed Triple on any Indian forum yet. I had been to the Triumph showroom in andheri east and have to compliment them for the amazing staff - not only did they know their stuff, they were also respectful and attentive to anyone who walked in. No attitude, no weird expressions - 10/10.

Good to hear that you too had a great experience. Wish you miles and miles of happy and safe riding and do take care of your health. Stop burning nicotine now and start burning rubber (and a lot of fuel as well).
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 06:48   #26
BHPian

Thank you sammyboy. Yep gear is an integral part of riding her safely. She is a lot of fun. Considering i am playing around max 4000 rpm. Will try and eat those running in miles soon.

Thank you once again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Lovely write up bro and congratulations on a wonderful decision . I had a chance to ride with some speed triples on the track during CSS and I was soo impressed. One of the guys was bending it like beckham serious leans and speed . This bike has a lot of potential, enjoy it and have a lot of fun that's all it's about. Ride safe and wear your gear.
Amansanc: Thank you man. You echo my thoughts on how she looks.

Keep that lust going brother, coz that's what got me mine. Be patient and it will happen for sure.

Where do you stay in Versova. I am at Yari road near Leaping windows. Hope to see you soon.

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Congrats Rahul on owning one of the meanest looking street fighters. I truly lust after the Speed Triple in black. One day maybe
Wishing you many many joyous miles on the bike. Ride safe.

OT: Haven't spotted you yet in the bylanes of Versova. Maybe i am roaming around at the wrong time or in the wrong lane.
Thank you V12.

Yep the guys at Shaman are fantastic. Awesome team.
Advice taken on the nicotine front. Will start piling in the miles soon now.

Best Regards
Rahul
Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Congrats on the Speed Triple Rahul! I guess yours is the first ownership thread of the Speed Triple on any Indian forum yet. I had been to the Triumph showroom in andheri east and have to compliment them for the amazing staff - not only did they know their stuff, they were also respectful and attentive to anyone who walked in. No attitude, no weird expressions - 10/10.

Good to hear that you too had a great experience. Wish you miles and miles of happy and safe riding and do take care of your health. Stop burning nicotine now and start burning rubber (and a lot of fuel as well).
NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid submitting one post after another on the same thread. Use the EDIT and QUOTE+ (MULTI QUOTE) function within 30 minutes instead of posting consecutively. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th April 2015 at 08:14.
Old 17th April 2015, 10:58   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeen12 View Post
... She is a lot of fun. Considering i am playing around max 4000 rpm. Will try and eat those running in miles soon.
Isn't that rev limit, of 4K, so painful. Especially on wide open tarmac. I suggest finish her 4K break-in in small twisting roads instead and save the pain of and have loads of fun at the sametime.
Old 17th April 2015, 12:53   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations odeen! Been waiting for someone to buy one and review the Speed. I loved naked bikes and the Speed is right up there in my books. Wish you many happy and safe miles of riding. Looking forward to hearing those Arrows on an open stretch. Videos would be appreciated too. :-)
Old 17th April 2015, 17:38   #29
BHPian

@Odeen12 - Congrats on picking up the speed triple. Absolutely loved your post. Also good to know the finer things that the dealership guys noticed. These things are what endear you to someone.

I myself have lusted after the speed triple since I was 15 and your post has made me reconsider my decision of picking up a gt-tsi. Try as hard as they may cars just can not connect with you the way bikes do. I need to work on how to convince everyone around me to let me pick the bike instead.

Have fun with the bike due, and hope the health issue is a minor one. Cheers
Old 17th April 2015, 19:56   #30
BHPian

Odeen12, Congratulations on your new bike and hope to see some great ride reports come through.

This is the first Speed Triple review on tbhp so will pretty much become the standard thread and most useful source of information for this model in India! No pressure

That's a great looking triple and a great write up that does the motorcycle full justice.

Ride Safe,

Cheers,
Sting

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks