Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:19   #76
BHPian

Re: The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Got to meet the Beenie after a long long time. With the run-in now finished the Arrows have started sounding amazing man! You were right when you said the overrun has started to become better. It is mental now
Hey Aman glad you like her as much as i do. I am absolutely sorry for not updating the thread as much as i would have liked. Reason being, rain playing spoilt sport over my riding plans.

Nonetheless had time to fit one of the Rizoma guards on. Quality and finish is exceptional.Everything fit like a glove. And a big thank you to V12 for helping me out putting this on. Another thing which i want to mention. I had also ordered the clutch guard. Could not put that on, as a rubber sealant ring was missing, some packaging issue. Shot a mail to Rizoma and got a prompt reply on the same. They will be sending the ring separately to the dealer, which is bikegear.in. Both Rizoma and Bikegear.in scored top marks on sorting this out. Here are some pics of the engine cover guard.
Attached Thumbnails
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-img_1120.jpg  

The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-img_1119.jpg  

The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-fullsizerender.jpg  

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd July 2015 at 14:29. Reason: broken quote tags fixed
Odeen12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 23:48   #77
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Like I said Rahul, the Rizoma's look so much exquisite - like a spider crawling up your bike. It wouldnt look out of place if kept for display in a showcase.

And good service from Rizoma's and Bikegear.in. In normal circumstances, its easy for manufacturers to just sell and forget. But in this case they made an effort to ensure that you get the right stuff. Congrats and now waiting for your rubber ring to come.
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:06   #78
BHPian

Hi everybody. Hope this finds you well.

Finally have sometime on hand where I could log into this glorious forum and pen down my thoughts again which I love doing. Its been 7 months now and 4500 kms of having my lovely Speed around. And I honestly have loved every moment that I have had her and will continue to do so in the future. With “Beenie” as I lovingly call her now, I have come to meet wonderful and like minded individuals from different walks of life. This is the experience that I was waiting for and this is what I love about motorcycles. So thank you again Beenie for being there and keeping me happy.

So from the last time when I updated the thread, which was on 22nd July 2015 here I am with a few updates and info on what’s happening on her and my front.

Last I added some Rizoma tidbits to her. She felt pretty but as it goes more is never enough. Nonetheless monsoon played some nasty havoc and was not able to ride as much I would have liked. But still took every opportunity to bring her out and let her free her legs.

Considering that there were no long rides etc planned, I decided to treat her well for the monsoons and for the forthcoming riding season. I called up Sumant from OCD detailing and asked if I could get her for a wash and a full detail. Considering Sumant is a chef, yes correct “Chef” he was only free over the weekend. So Saturday it was. I like Sumant and the only reason I keep going to him is because of his passion and love for motorcycles. He sits there and gets it done himself. If you are in Bombay and have a bike or car that needs some love Sumant is the guy to go to. So Allan (V12), Aman and I landed on Saturday afternoon to get Beenie washed and detailed so to speak. Here are the pictures. And yes, Sorry about the watermark but i had to take the pictures off OCD official Facebook page.
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-ocd-2.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-ocd-3.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-ocd-4.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-ocd-5.jpg

Then began the long wait and though there were a few small rides here and there. I’d spend most of my time standing in the balcony sipping on chai and looking at the clouds. Accuweather was the app which I used most on the phone, this is as per the usage stats on phone. We both sulked.

Finally the skies cleared…the sun was shining bright and we both knew it was time to take those horrendous covers off. First big ride was organized for lavasa and boy oh boy what a turnout. Just like me all the guys were rearing to go. Nobody cared what the destination was…the only agenda was the journey. Here are some pics from the ride and the wonderful people and their rides, which kept Beenie and me happy. Those twisty bits is where the Speed Triple is the happiest. High RPMs…blip the throttle and just relax your arms. Coz this baby carves corners like a hot knife through butter. Oh my god. I haven’t had so much fun on 2 wheels as this baby lets you. You feel you are a better rider. Yes she is heavy, yes she is old school. Yes you have to concentrate. But that’s what motorcycling is all about. This is why men put a chassis on two wheels and said keep em up you moron. So here go the pics.
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-lavasa-morning.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-lavasa-bonnie.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-2-fat-ladies.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-lavasa-1.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-20151020-181431-0530.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-lavasa-6.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-lavasa-4.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-lavasa-5.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-tiger-beast.jpg

And then another one. A lovely ride to the picturesque location of Malshej. This time V12 joined us with his angry Godzilla. He was as excited as I was. This is what happenes, when you have a motorcycle that you love, the only thing you can do is get up and ride. Hope V12 had as much fun as the Speed and I. Here are some more pictures.
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-1.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-2.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-3.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-4.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-5.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-6.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-7.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-8.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-9.jpg

Finally on the motorcycle front. Have added the ASV levers. I honestly felt these are stronger and better than the Pazzo levers. The ASV levers come with a 5 year guarantee. And from an aesthetics POV they look pretty cool. On the ergonomics side of things I am able to grip them really well and are extremely comfortable. I chose the regular sized levers as it did not make sense for me to get the shorty levers for the Speed Triple, bearing in mind that the clutch on the babe is pretty tight. And finally added a clutch guide. Ummm, it felt like a colour burst in all her black garb.
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-20151020-191318-0530.jpg
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-20151031-172453-0530.jpg

To end the post on a dampener is the fact that I bent the rim on the bike. We took a stupid detour while on the way back from Malshej. I was doing around 75 or so and out of no where there was this deep gash in the middle of the road. I did brake but it was too late and it was either risking going in at an awkward angle or just ride through. I decided the latter and this is what entailed. The impact was quite hard at that speed. But the bike stayed up and was able to control her to stop. No air leak just the dent. So showed the bike to Triumph. They have added a sealant as stop gap thing where I can continue to ride the bike till new wheel is replaced.
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-20151101-143837-0530.jpg

So now we wait for a new wheel and riding obviously will be limited to the local grocer or Irani for chai. But atlast i get to ride. Thats what is important. Love to hear from you guys. And again sorry for being lazy. Cheers people!!

Last edited by Odeen12 : 3rd November 2015 at 21:13.
Odeen12 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 14:39   #79
BHPian

Hi,

So a bent rim means buying a new one? Cant it be fixed? I had bent my FZ's suspension link once when I hit one of those abundant tarmac-concrete intersections...luckily got the link replaced for not too much. But rims i guess should be pricey...!
Also, how does the Speed behave in crawling traffic? Does it heat up like the other big bikes?

cheers...!
Crankpin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 16:10   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
Hi,

So a bent rim means buying a new one? Cant it be fixed? I had bent my FZ's suspension link once when I hit one of those abundant tarmac-concrete intersections...luckily got the link replaced for not too much. But rims i guess should be pricey...!
Also, how does the Speed behave in crawling traffic? Does it heat up like the other big bikes?

cheers...!
Hey Crankpin,
It sure can be fixed or rather i can try fixing it. I'll spend time trying to do this. On top of that i am not sure and absolutely confident about the quality of labour and technical know how available here to get that repaired. Plus the fact if the rim breaks while trying to repair it...that means i won't be able to ride at all. While right now i can ride her.
Second bit is, its more of a psychological thing. When you do speeds of above 100 you want to be sure everything works perfect. Any deviation in that rim is dangerous. Considering its already vulnerable. There are no vibrations as off now, but you never know when that tank slapper can hit you because of this. Yes it will be expensive to change the rim but not as much as my peace of mind and my bacon.

Cheers mate.
Old 4th November 2015, 18:38   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeen12 View Post
Hey Crankpin,
It sure can be fixed or rather i can try fixing it. I'll spend time trying to do this. On top of that i am not sure and absolutely confident about the quality of labour and technical know how available here to get that repaired. Plus the fact if the rim breaks while trying to repair it...that means i won't be able to ride at all. While right now i can ride her.
Second bit is, its more of a psychological thing. When you do speeds of above 100 you want to be sure everything works perfect. Any deviation in that rim is dangerous. Considering its already vulnerable. There are no vibrations as off now, but you never know when that tank slapper can hit you because of this. Yes it will be expensive to change the rim but not as much as my peace of mind and my bacon.

Cheers mate.
I have a similar (slightly less) bend in my front rim on the right side. Same Lavasa. Bad big pothole which we all noted going up. Filled with stones, but proper sharp edges. Made a note of it. And promptly hit it dead center while going back down while in the normal (for Lavasa) full flow!

As long as no air is leaking, you can ride the bike lie this indefinitely without any issue.

Save for the one in 1000 chance you hit the same sot again and it then bends more than it normally would have on an unbent rim, and then you get air loss.

But safety wise, there is no risk.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 4th November 2015 at 18:40.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 19:49   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I have a similar (slightly less) bend in my front rim on the right side. Same Lavasa. Bad big pothole which we all noted going up. Filled with stones, but proper sharp edges. Made a note of it. And promptly hit it dead center while going back down while in the normal (for Lavasa) full flow!

As long as no air is leaking, you can ride the bike lie this indefinitely without any issue.

Save for the one in 1000 chance you hit the same sot again and it then bends more than it normally would have on an unbent rim, and then you get air loss.

But safety wise, there is no risk.

Cheers, Doc
Awesome stuff Doc. Will take her out for a longer spin in the city and see how she behaves. Cheers and thanks a ton once again.
Odeen12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 15:23   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeen12 View Post
Awesome stuff Doc. Will take her out for a longer spin in the city and see how she behaves. Cheers and thanks a ton once again.
Just keep a weekly watch on the air pressure. A fall of 2-3 even 4 PSI is not abnormal.
Old 5th November 2015, 15:26   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Just keep a weekly watch on the air pressure. A fall of 2-3 even 4 PSI is not abnormal.
Will do. Spoke to Zubin here as well and he's asked me to ride on as well. So all good on that front.
Cheers.
Odeen12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 15:33   #85
Team-BHP Support

Ok, on this topic, can the wheel be brought back to normal by any method?

I think I heard of heating the wheel & then slight hammering it to bring it back to normal, but not sure about any metallurgical after effects.

Or any other method? [Which is safe]
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 15:42   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Ok, on this topic, can the wheel be brought back to normal by any method?

I think I heard of heating the wheel & then slight hammering it to bring it back to normal, but not sure about any metallurgical after effects.

Or any other method? [Which is safe]
Depends of the bend and the expertise of the guy doing it. No heating. Just light tapping with a wooden/wax mallet.

But there is no guarantee. And sometimes you might land up ruining a perfectly air tight rim. By upsetting the tyre bead to rim seal while trying to smooth out the bend.

So the conventional wisdom is to not do anything and ride as is.
Old 5th November 2015, 15:50   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But there is no guarantee. A.
IMHO, if it is not repairable then I would give this rim a pass and opt for a new one.

You never know as to where when & how would that gap increase to be fatal.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 17:55   #88
BHPian

As always sorry. But update coming soon. Just a snippet of things that have happened.
Attached Thumbnails
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-5.jpg  

The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-1.jpg  

The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-12.jpg  

The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-screen.jpg  

The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-9.jpg  

The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-2.jpg  

The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-11.jpg  

The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-4.jpg  

The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-3.jpg  

Odeen12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 19:29   #89
BHPian

Just came across this thread. Awesome is the only word that comes to my mind, Odeen12. I envy that ride. :'(

All I wanted was an RE for myself, but family pressure made me succumb.

This thread of yours is sort of igniting that long gone spark I had once, to own a ride like that for myself. I shall give it a try again.

Cheers,
Lokesh.

P.S: Did you get that rim fixed?
Old 22nd July 2016, 11:35   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Just came across this thread. Awesome is the only word that comes to my mind, Odeen12. I envy that ride. :'(

All I wanted was an RE for myself, but family pressure made me succumb.

This thread of yours is sort of igniting that long gone spark I had once, to own a ride like that for myself. I shall give it a try again.

Cheers,

Lokesh.

P.S: Did you get that rim fixed?

Thank you Lokesh. Absolutely sorry for replying this late. Have been ridiculously caught up with work.

I am sure you will ride soon and that too, on something much better than a RE!! (No offence meant to the RE)

And yes got a new rim. But have kept the old one too. So now have a spare one just incase.

Will update soon. When I ride again..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks