Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2006, 23:40   #1
BHPian

My new GSXR-1000 (pics and video link)

Finally I did it. Here's one of my dreams come true. Sold my Katana to a pal and got my self a GSXR-1000. Its an 03 model previously owned by a 47 year old gentleman who's babied the bike. Has a yoshimura slip-on exhaust (which does nothing but make the bike sound really loud ). I've had it for a couple of weeks and have been wanting to let you all know but just haven't had the time coz of work and excessive riding. I've already put a 1000miles on it! Truly words cannot express how I feel merely owning this machine which has been a childhood dream the perfect pin-up for me! Words don't do justice to the experience of riding it! @ 165 horsepower for this year model (later years develop a 172 although you never harness all that) its simply menacing. Its just what a superbike should do- takes my breath away and leaves me short of words. Anyway enough of my bs. Here's some pics I took two weeks ago when I bought it. Haven't had time to take pics even been too busy riding it!

Video Link-> its a small video my friend took while I was test riding it.
Its not so great but the yoshimura sounds amazing. Turn up the volume to full!
http://rapidshare.de/files/30367226/MOV01776.MPG.html

Cheers
Bhupster
a.k.a Blaze
Old 23rd August 2006, 00:03   #2
Awaiting Email Confirmation

bro I'd say you've made the best choice anyone could ever have...the gsxr 1000 is the only way to go man...ride safe and remember to keep your helmet on!!! cheers !!!!
Old 23rd August 2006, 00:09   #3
Team-BHP Support

it surely is pouring bikes on the forum.
remember reading about your katana acquisition, hiring a truck, being fined for overspeeding, etc
sir, you have ascended. congratulations.
Old 23rd August 2006, 00:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice ride, man. A few questions, though. Is the seat comfy enough? Good for long rides, I mean. How does the rideability compare to Fireblade, in your opinion...?

Ride hard. Ride safe. It's a gixxer.
Old 23rd August 2006, 09:05   #5
BHPian

Thanks all
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
Nice ride, man. A few questions, though. Is the seat comfy enough? Good for long rides, I mean. How does the rideability compare to Fireblade, in your opinion...?

Ride hard. Ride safe. It's a gixxer.
Good questions man. Cause although these bikes all come really close to each other performance wise I think the GSX is a great balance of comfort performance and rideability. A friend of mine has the fireblade - cbr1000rr. I rode it and I must say its a very stable bike. Was easier to flick around corners for sure but overall rider fatigue was more than on a GSX (might depend on your body wieght hieght and all that, I'm 6'1" and feather weight. The fireblade however has a lot of tech stuff on it, like an electronic steering damper stock as opposed to the GSX or any other bikes standard hydraulic steering damper and the chassis design is almost directly off the Moto GP Repsol Honda. Although having the least amount of power amongst all SBK's the CBR
s still a great motorcycle in regards to handling and acceleration. It'd be my second choice after the GSX. I also test rode an R1 a 2003 model that however didnt seem to get the adrenaline rushing. Dont know what was missing but just didnt.Another thing about the GSX is that its the most slim bike between the knees, and although heavier by a few kilos than the Fireblade feels much lighter while riding due to ergonomics. Actually my katana 600 earlier was almost 40kgs heavier than any of today's liter bikes.
Regarding long distance riding. I've not done "long distance" but i've definitely done moderate distance and "long duration" riding 6 hours of really twisty winding roads at a stretch,just 3 days after I got the bike with a bunch of people from work. It gets fatigueing definitely but thats coz of the hard riding around corners. On the highway the longest I've ridden is one and 1/2 hour around 130miles and I was comfortable. I'm planning to make a 5 hour/300mile (480km) road trip on it this thursday night. Will let you know the result of it! Probably have sore arms and back coz of sitting in the same position with all the upperbody wieght on the arms and rock hard suspension.
Infact I also got a HUGEEE ticket that night while returning back from the long ride frigging 240$. Almost ran into a deer too(rural indiana roads). So these other issues to deal with too.
Old 23rd August 2006, 10:22   #6
BANNED

Sweet ride! I am sure you are having a blast.
Watch out for those stupid deer, and ride safe.
Old 23rd August 2006, 10:44   #7
BHPian

hey can u all see the pics. Dippy said he couldn't see those? just wanted to confirm so i cud reupload them some place else!
Old 23rd August 2006, 10:55   #8
Team-BHP Support

Pics are showing up now.

Great choice of bike blaze! You sure are living my dream out there! Perfect step up from the Katana.
Old 23rd August 2006, 11:09   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Pics are showing up now.

Great choice of bike blaze! You sure are living my dream out there! Perfect step up from the Katana.
Thanks a lot Rtech. Thats just the reason why i pm'ed you when i decided to get it!
Old 23rd August 2006, 12:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

You have gota sweet ride there dude from what what i Know the Gixxers are the quite Torquee & may be thats why less fatigue than the fireblade.

Hope you wear good riding gear

Ride Safe
Old 23rd August 2006, 13:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hey, the pics are not showing anymore.

The Fireblade has a better spread of power over RPM range than the Gixxer, but top end and actual BHP is lesser. I've heard that Fireblades are great machines for beginners. Not that a beginner would ride those, but IF someone decides to, the Fireblade would be far more accomodating. The Gixxers' footpegs, although adjustable, are too laid-front and upwards for comfort. Hence my question on long-distance riding.

There's very little to separate these litre machines, and all that matters is experience and time.

BTW, highwayblaze; How are the overall ergonomics? That console sure is a boon, with the gear indicator. Wonder how easier is it to read, while on the run, than the Fireblade.... IS the Gixxer's console more easier on the eyes than the Fireblade? And how about downshift-braking? Heard that the Gixxer's back-torque limiting clutch is far less snappier than the Honda's clutch to aid in rapid downshifting. And what about throttle shut-off? The earlier Gixxers used to snap while entering/exiting corners on zero/max throttle transitions...is it as bad as they say?
Old 23rd August 2006, 14:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man, you got a nicr ride there.... enjoy.
Old 23rd August 2006, 16:23   #13
BHPian

Congrats dude. Great choice.
Old 23rd August 2006, 19:12   #14
BHPian

frickkin fotos won't show? I'll re-upload and see what happens!
Old 23rd August 2006, 21:08   #15
BHPian

Hey dude....I can see the photos...and they are great. Congratulations...

You still haven't posted the reviews of your Gixxer 2003.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks