Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2015, 07:30   #166
BHPian

re: Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotz_13 View Post
Thanks Shreeniwas. Just checked again to confirm. The seller on ebay.co.uk is gear4bikes themselves. However, the price is mentioned as 21.99 (excluding VAT would reduce the cost to 18.32 GBP) which is still higher than the 14.99 GBP on their own online site. So shipping / buying anything upto 6 pieces at a time would still be cheaper on gear4bikes.

Sample cost for 3 piece and 5 pieces (including shipping):
gear4bikes: 63.92 / 104.9 (21.30 / 20.98 per piece GBP)
ebay.co.uk: 71.91 / 112.55 (23.97 / 22.51 per piece GBP)

The difference in price in INR is not HUGE - just a couple of hundred/piece (If I calculate exchange at INR 100 / 1 GBP).

Considering that the same seller is the same, I would prefer to buy it directly from them than via ebay and its cheaper too.

I am planning to place an order for them this weekend. Please let me know, and we can order in bulk. I need 2 at the moment (for me and a friend of mine).
There is another seller on ebay.com , you can check this as well.

Thank you V12, shipping to US of A also includes shipping charges. Probably we don't have to deal with customs in that case. Getting stuck in customs is based on luck !! Sometimes they release expensive items without checking, and sometimes they catch for peanuts. One of my order was stuck in customs , original cost was 0.8$
Old 30th August 2015, 08:30   #167

Quote:
6th mile customs in Indiranagar, Bangalore are official Akrapovic exhaust dealers. Check their Facebook account. They have very decent prices for the slip-ons. Hear good reviews as well about the owner Thomas.
Thanks for the information I have finalized on the Akrapovic as also plan to install headers and PC V in due course .

About ordering from ebay I would suggest that you check zauba.com for approximate import duties, I do the same prior ordering as on some items the duty is considerable, eg if you order a helmet the duty is more or less 100% as from what I have checked so is not worth the same for riding gear. You can also check the import date and value of your bike basis chasis no ....( really hurts seeing the import price) you will be shocked to see the actual import cost to buying price margins the dealers are making.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...ff%20Topic.gif
Also if anyone is using the Sena 10C I would appreciate some reviews planning to get one .

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th September 2015 at 15:18. Reason: Fixing quote tag.
Old 13th September 2015, 23:16   #168
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Godzilla finally went on a 200 km long ride today. It was a Mumbai - Lonavala - Mumbai ride. The Season Opening Ride was organised for the Mumbai Pune Kawasaki riders but was open to other bikes as well. It was a Mumbai Pune ride with both sides meeting up at Lonavala for breakfast before heading to Pune.

It was my first group ride and I really enjoyed it. It wasn't a group ride for me since I couldn't keep up with them. So the Mumbai guys gathered at the Kawasaki Palm Beach dealer and headed for Lonavala. The weather was amazing, it had rained a couple of hours ago so it was cool. I lost my group within minutes of leaving - not because they were too fast. But because I was too slow.I know I have an 800cc inline 4 bike but I still don't ride fast. The max that I have touched is 100 kmph and I average around 60-80 kmph.I ended up riding for a good stretch with a passing Enfield group

With this ride, the odo has now crossed 1500 kms. I had stopped riding the bike in the last 2-3 months due to the rains. Also I try and avoid longer rides due to a bad back problem - but then I think to myself...what's the point of the bike if you don't ride it. So hoping to make the most of it post the monsoons.

Pics coming up soon
Attached Thumbnails
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-20150913_1004232.jpg  

Last edited by v12 : 13th September 2015 at 23:26.
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 01:17   #169
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I just realised that its been more than 5 years that I last went for a long ride. It was way back in 2009 when we took our Enfield to Lonavala.

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-sor10.jpg

The bikes gathered at KPB.
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-sor1.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-sor2.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-sor3.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-sor4.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-sor5.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-sor6.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-sor7.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-sor8.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-sor9.jpg
v12 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 02:14   #170
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

So I finally got the front number plate moved onto the mudguard. It really looked ugly and stuck out like a sore thumb. The plan was to install German plates at the rear and a matching font on the front. I went to the number plate guy and saw something that I thought was a German font plate and ordered the same for my bike - in acrylic. The font looks good but its not exactly German font - but somewhat close. It's only when I showed them to Aman that he pointed out that it's not actual German font. But that's fine..I like the font for now.

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-picsart_092401.56.312.jpg

Anyways removing the front plates were easy and I just had to open 2screws, unmount the plates and then another 2 screws to remove the clam holding the plates. These are mounted on the meter covers and while I was removing one side of the clamps.

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img_20150919_1446482.jpg
I did not realise I was not holding it away from the cover. And that negligence cause some bad circular scratches on the RHS lower hole. Immediately tried some thook Patti..didn't work. Tried polish .. Didn't work. Rubbing compound ... Didn't work. Went to the sun film guy to check if he could install a dark film on the cover but not possible since it was very curvy and the film wouldn't stay.

So the only option left was a sticker job. Went back to the number plate guy who suggested a carbon fibre wrap on it. So here it is. Yea, it does look good but I will be replacing it either with an OE meter cover or a longer windshield.
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img_20150924_0051242.jpg

Next on the list is a tail tidy. Checked out a couple of them on the net but am not sure which one to go for. I am looking for something that will be a perfect fit without any modifications and without having the electrical wiring exposed. Any suggestions?
v12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 02:35   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he max that I have touched is 100 kmph and I average around 60-80 kmph.I ended up riding for a good stretch with a passing Enfield group

Respect that. Its not about speed to buy a bike. A modified 125CC can do 160kmph. But the way you respect the road, understand the overall point of even riding fast and sharing the same is very respectful.

Thanks for doing the right thing.
VW2010 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 21:19   #172
BHPian

Godzilla getting a wash
Attached Thumbnails
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-p_20151010_174921_1_p-800x600.jpg  

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-p_20151010_175628_1_p-800x600.jpg  

Last edited by alter.e.go : 10th October 2015 at 21:20.
alter.e.go is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 22:00   #173

So.. finally received my Fenda Extenda's today! The long story behind it:
Order placed on Sept 11 from gear4bikes for a couple of them. Total cost - GBP 48.93 including shipping for both of them. They shipped the items via Royal Mail (Signed). There are other options as well, which will allow for better tracking, but this is probably the cheapest. The receiver has to "sign" the package to confirm they have received it. There is almost no tracking available after it leaves the UK shores. (basic tracking available here: https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item).

The email from gear4bikes initially had only the order number. I had to email them again to get the tracking number. When I checked on Royal Mail, it showed that the item was "being processed by customs" at Mumbai. The status never changed for a few weeks. I followed up again with gear4bikes, since the Royal Mail mentioned it as up to a week for delivery. They responded back stating that they cannot track it any further and asked me to followup with the customs people as they have seen delays in the past for similar items / instances.

Then began my search to find out the numbers and contacts for the Mumbai customs office. Found a few which was posted on a few forums. Called them up a few times (it was busy most times I tried), provided them with the Tracking number, and they promptly told me it was with Bangalore Customs! All this continued till last week (Oct 14th - more than a month of placing the order). By now, I was losing my patience, so I decided to find out more details and numbers for the Bangalore Foreign Post Office. Multiple websites listed them, but there was not a single time the phone was answered (must have tried calling them at least 50 times during various times of the normal Govt office working days).

I decided to finally give them a visit myself on my way to work and did so this Monday, only to find out that the Foreign Post Office has been shifted to the main GPO in Bangalore. There was no such intimation on the Bangalore Post office website. I visited the GPO and again, there was absolutely no directions, posters or any such guidance on where to go or how to retrieve my post.

Asking around, I was finally able to reach the Foreign Post office. I was asked to retrieve the "local" tracking number from another guy who was sitting at the enterance, asked to go to the computer room to get a copy of the "invoice" and then asked to meet the customs officer, who promptly told me the parcel would arrive at my house in 2 days as they were "waiting for me" to come and produce the "documents" (invoice)!!

I asked them if I could collect it now as I was already there and ready to pay the duty's, but they said no it will be only delivered to the given address.

Overall experience has surely not been great from a consumer's perspective. Typical Govt apathy in their services (but the people I met were courteous and helpful. They did not also charge me for the printout of the invoice/email copy at the customs office).

Useful information that may benefit other members and readers:
Mumbai Customs Office:
Phone: 022 22611791
(Almost always busy, but helpful)

Bangalore Foreign Post office:
Phone: 080 25589993 / 080 25589992
Email: cuspadbg01@gmail.com
(Don't bother calling, they will not answer the phone)

Tracking Website (Indian Foreign Post/Indian Postal Services):
http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/
(Much better and has a lot more details. I was able to confirm the parcel was in Bangalore using this website. In fact it was already in Bangalore on 19th Sept!)

Customs Duty charges:
Value of the item (including shipping) if less than INR 2000 - 14%
Value of the item (including shipping) if more than INR 2000 - 42%

@ V12:
How was the Fenda Extenda fit on your Z? I was trying to do so, but realized that I will need to remove the rivets holding the cables. Is that correct? How did your mechanic replace it afterwards? I saw that you had to remove it completely before fitting the Extenda. Details please!!! I plan to do it myself, but need to know to proceed!
dotz_13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 01:28   #174
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey dotz,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you had to go through to obtain the part. The custom duty charges are pretty high even for a product costing <INR 2000. That's why it is best to have someone bring it down personally so you can avoid custom / duty.

The fenda extends can be fitted without removing the front mudguard. All you have to do is carefully fix it in the right place using the 3M tapes. The only reason I removed the mudguard is because I wanted to stick it with Feviquik. In order to remove the mudguard you will have to remove the cables from the holes. It's an easy task and any competent mechanic should be able to do it. The only thing is you will have to be very careful while putting the mudguard back...its not a very direct and easy task. I would suggest using the 2way tape they have provided else use a 3M 2way tape.
Old 22nd October 2015, 01:36   #175

Ok.. Just had my "meh" moment.
@v12 - you can ignore my question. My ignorance and observations were marred with the excitement of fitting the fenda extenda. Just returned from work and could not sleep, so went down to check out why would they make it so complicated to remove a fender. I noticed that the cables are neatly designed to just go into the groves of the clips that have been riveted to the fender. So the clip can stay in place, while I just have to just free the cables and take out 4 Allen screws holding the fender in place. Yay!! Now, I can sleep in peace and get to work on fitting it tomorrow!

Mods: Sorry, had to post this and could not edit the previous post (no edit button - browsing on an iPad).
Old 22nd October 2015, 04:56   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I decided to finally give them a visit myself on my way to work and did so this Monday, only to find out that the Foreign Post Office has been shifted to the main GPO in Bangalore. There was no such intimation on the Bangalore Post office website. I visited the GPO and again, there was absolutely no directions, posters or any such guidance on where to go or how to retrieve my post.
Ouch, I had a similar experience with customs folks and I had posted the process at FPO here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3737568

Its sad to see nothing has changed since June when the FPO shifted :(
Old 3rd November 2015, 03:09   #177
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest Updates :

Godzilla is now 6 months old and has finally crossed the 2000 kms mark this week. The 2nd service was due this week (6000 kms or 6 months whichever earlier) - but my dealer suggested to get it done at 2500 kms. At the rate that I use the bike, the 2nd service is gonna be a Christmas gift for the Z.

The Z completed its 2000 kms mark today with a breakfast ride to Malsej Ghat with the Triumph Mumbai group. Thanks to Rahul (Odeen12) for inviting me to this ride. Had an awesome ride, met some awesome people and got to check out some awesome bikes as well. As with all other group rides - this too was a pretty slow riding for me. I dont know why - but I am unable to come out of the 70-80 kmph comfort zone. Which is why I am always left behind and the others wait up for me ahead. This ride was similar - but with a difference. I had 2 riders (Enfield and Bonnie) riding behind me all throguh the Malsej Ghat - i felt I had 2 guardian angels over my shoulders. It was fun riding with the group - 6 Bonnie's, 2 Enfields, a Rocket and a Speed Triple. Among all the British bikes - my Z felt like a POW. Anyways coming to the ride the roads to Malsej Ghat were awesome and much better compared to Lonavala. They are a mix of straights and bends - but you need to be very careful of cattle and stray dogs crossing the roads. The actual Malsej Ghat roads were a mix patch of good roads and bumps due to some road work.

The Z covered 300 kms and used up 13 litres of fuel (10 litres of Speed and 3 of regular Petrol) thereby returning a healthy mileage of 23 kmpl. a

Anyways I think I'll stop talking and let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

The crazy Speed Triple and the Z.
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-speedz1.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-speedz.jpg

The Allies / British Army
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-britisharmy1.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-britisharmy2.jpg

The Odo @ Malsej Ghat (approx 140 kms)
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-z800trip1.jpg

The Odo after returning home (around 300 kms)
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-z800trip2.jpg

Just another 278 kms for the 2nd Service
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-z800trip3.jpg
v12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 03:51   #178
Senior - BHPian

Love the Bag lying on the floor and can relate to it absolutely 100%. Thats the way to go. Love this bike and i hope you continue to have this wonderful relationship with her

23KMPL is atleast 4 L higher than my Cast iron 500 engine
VW2010 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:32   #179
Senior - BHPian

Good going Allen. Finally the Z goes a bit far away from home . And happy to note that you are enjoying it. Its always fun to go out in smaller groups of 6 - 10, can be easily managed and the ride / drive is fun.

P.S. - And since you are always hovering around 60 - 70kmph, can i get my wego to give you company (just kidding)
Desmosedici is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 22:48   #180

OVER-SPEEDING ON PUBLIC ROADS:

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by bblost : 8th November 2015 at 00:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks