Team-BHP - Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/163422-godzilla-my-monster-japan-kawasaki-z800-now-sold-10.html)

The Akrapovic slip on. Running stock air filter. Installed today. Psychologically feels lighter minus the 5 Kgs and definitely much improved mid range and top end. Would recommend the Akrapovic only as it is a bolt on fitment designed for the Z800, 45 minute installation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dominator (Post 3749798)
The Akrapovic slip on. Running stock air filter. Installed today. Psychologically feels lighter minus the 5 Kgs and definitely much improved mid range and top end. Would recommend the Akrapovic only as it is a bolt on fitment designed for the Z800, 45 minute installation.

Very Nice. Hows the decibel on that one? One of the loudest is it? I know it would be lovely, obviously, but just asking. V12 was thinking of the Arrow i guess. Is the Arrow also a Bolt On?

Not sure about the Arrows, but there ain't anyone better when it comes to Akras and Motorcycle exhaust. They have vehicle specific exhausts which makes it full proof not leaving anything to chance and that means no additions, modifications or tampering to the OE settings and parts. It purrs very nicely and it is not loud like the other growlers even without the DB killer.

Quote:

Congrats! How much did it cost you and where did you source it from? A video would be nice to capture the note.

Got it from the official Akrapovic in Bangalore - 6th Mile Customs Thomas Kuncheria. Very professional and good guys to deal, offers amazing price.

How I wish I had opted for an out of Mumbai registration. I would have easily saved enough to opt for the Akrapovic my dealer was offering me. Agree with you on the Akra's being the best in terms of fitment - they design it specifically for each bike. I don't plan to install any aftermarket exhaust for now - but I was looking at the Arrows as an option. Was considering other brands such as SC Project, Ixil etc but not sure how good they are. So will wait and collect enough for an Akrapovic only. If you don't mind could you post a video and let us know the cost of the same. Congrats again :)

Just reached the 1000kms mark this week.
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img_20150708_0119162.jpg

Accessory Update : So today I got the Frame Sliders and the Extenda Fenda fitted onto the bike.

The Frame Sliders are not a branded one - but as of now something is better than nothing. Will look for better ones later. I don't know the exact cost of the Frame Sliders but they are much cheaper than the Puig or R&G ones. I don't know how these will fare during a fall, but like I said - I needed to have the sliders - so these will just be temporary. Fitting them were not a problem at all. It's a direct fit. The only problem I had was that the bolts that were provided in the package were one size large. So we had to get the correct size ones to fit them. It was a 15-min job to fit them.
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img_20150711_190629.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img_20150711_190648.jpg

Next was the Extenda Fenda. This too was an easy fit - a 5 min job if we had to fit it using only the 2-way tape. But then I was not sure how effective the tape would be and would it hold in the monsoons. There were 2 options - either drilling holes or sticking it with Feviquick. No ways I wanted to drill holes into the mudguard so the only option was Feviquick. The only problem is that before the Feviquick dried up I turned the mudguard and some if it dripped and corroded I to the fender. Anyways its a minor thing and not very noticeable but will get it get it painted later.

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img_20150711_181157.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img_20150711_1815083.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img_20150711_190620.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 3751303)
Just reached the 1000kms mark this week.
Attachment 1391103

Accessory Update : So today I got the Frame Sliders and the Extenda Fenda fitted onto the bike.

Congrats on the first grand mate :)

Frame sliders look a bit iffy to me but might do the job in a low speed/ stand still spill.

Could you let me know the source of the fender extender ? They look pretty neat. You could PM me if putting it here is an issue for you :)

Quote:

Looks so stock. Gels in perfectly. The music surely makes sure a grin is plastered on the rider's face.
Could you PM me the cost and the source of them too ?

Hey Sojo,

My friend got the fender extender from eBay US. It's a direct and perfect fit.

Item: 053305 Fenda Extenda - Kawasaki ZX6R ZX636, Z800 2013> front mudguard extension

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...547953&alt=web

The frame sliders - agree with you. I am not sure how they will fare in a high speed fall. But they are temporary until I get good high quality ones.

Dominator : Please cc me also on the Akrapovic details.

Hey Dominator,

Does the heat shield have to be removed to install after markey silencers? Have you considered installing a Bellypan to hide the pipes?

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-6469897202.jpg

Got to meet the Godzilla some 10 days ago and I must say, what a beast it is! Got a chance to ride as a pillion also for a short distance too and it isn't too uncomfortable for short rides at least.

v12, now that the run-in is complete, you need to open her up just to listen to that beautiful exhaust note :D Hope to see that happen on the weekend (I am praying rains don't play spoilsport! :))

Hi ,
I too have got a Z800, would like to know more about which exhausts everyone has fitted. So far the options I have Come Across are Akrapovic, Yoshimura R11 , Two Brothers, Ixil, Leo Vince... Any suggestions will be welcome.

The belly pans on the godzilla totally change the look can you share from where you have sourced the same ???

Current additions to My bike are
Fly Screen - Puig - Source ebay
Frame Sliders - Puig - Source eBay
R&G Radiator Guard - Source ebay
R&G Front Fork sliders - Source eBay
R&G Mirror extenders source eBay
Kawasaki Engine guards - Source ebay

Thanks Aman, yes just waiting for the rains to pass off so I can start opening her up gradually.

Mariner - Welcome to the Z800 Club. Among the exhausts I believe Akrapovic and Ixil are the most widely used ones (not only in India though). Akrapovic because it is available as an "unofficial" option in India and officially internationally. And Ixil (and SC Project) because its one of the newer brands and very reasonably priced - and sound good too. I guess GPR also makes exhausts specifically for the Z.

The Z800 with the belly pan is not mine. The pic is taken from the web. It does look good - but is damn expensive - in the range of 10-15k (excluding customs and shipping).

I see you have ordered all hour accessories from eBay - was it from EBay.in or EBay international. Could you please post the costs for each of them - Product cost, Shipping cost and Customs (wherever applicable).

And last but not the least - some pictures of your Z :)

Hi V12,
Below is detailed split up of the parts and sources
Kawasaki Engine guards - Ebay International - Seller Webike Japan - Cost including shipping -127$ - Customs Roughly 2000 INR
Puig Fly Sreen + Puig Crash Guards - 90.6$ +136.02$ Shipping - 44$ ( I contacted the seller Store RB in italy and asked him to club the shipping costs)customs Roughly 1000 INR
Piece radiator guard + Piece Fork protectors + Piece Mirror risers Source A&R Racing - Total cost - £114.56 Shipping £18.96 - Customs Roughly 2000 INR

Can you share the source of the belly pans ??

Ill upload images shortly...

Here are some pics of the accessories let me know if u need any further details or sources I can help out.

Note from the Support team - Please avoid back to back posts and use the EDIT button to add more content to your original post.

Nice list of accessories Mariner. Here are some links to the belly pans :

http://m.mudah.my/view?ad_id=21946435

http://m.mudah.my/view?ad_id=25170650

http://www.lelong.com.my/puig-belly-...-04-Sale-P.htm