Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2016, 11:18   #331
Team-BHP Support

re: Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Wow - that's a nice name - rhymes with Jaggu Would love to see a detailed thread and pics of Tiggu! Also if you don't mind sharing more details on the XRX - Year, kms, price etc?
Thanks man. Well i used Striple for about 2 years and for touring needs had to let her go with a heavy heart. The XRX was Oct 2015 model which i picked sometime in July 16, had done about 6700 kms single owner bike. Let me just say i saved about 5 lakhs by cancelling the new booking of XRX and picking up Tiggu.

So it's Thaggu the Thar and Tiggu the Tiger in Jaggu's garage
Jaggu is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 14:53   #332
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Jaggu! Would love to see a review thread.

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-psx_20161104_145503.jpg
Anyways this is what I did to keep Godzilla away from prying eyes and hands. I have noticed that even when the bike is under covers and some part of it is still visible - people tend to get very curious and that leads to them trying to discover what's under it. So have put a small tag and sticker on the bike. Hopefully this keeps people from unnecessarily touching and sitting on the bike.

I found the "Don't Touch" tag in a stationery shop. It basically is a baggage tag but I used the rubber part of it to hang on the cables. What caught my eye was the color - exactly matches the Z green.

The tank sticker, I ordered from JustStickers.in . Found them to be of extremely high quality and the best part is that they are reusable. I stuck them on the tank and find them a size too large. So probably after sometime I will remove it and cut it into half upto the "Authorized Personnel Only". Some more pics of the sticker.

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-picsart_110402.48.41.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-picsart_110402.48.02.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-picsart_110402.46.55.jpg

Last edited by v12 : 4th November 2016 at 14:56.
v12 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 15:14   #333
Team-BHP Support

Glad to see the attention grabbing ability of the Ninja after all these years. Has grabbed my attention recently as well and left me confused.

Do you think buying the Z800 makes sense now, since there are chances it might get replaced next year? Would there be any risk of procuring spare parts, over the long term, let's say 10 years from now?

While at the Kawasaki showroom, my mind fell in love with the very practical and touring friendly Versys 650, while my heart fell in love with the inline4 beast.

Versys felt like a pet dog ever willing to wag it's tail and be a faithful companion for life. While the Z felt like a predatory cat which can been tamed over the long term, but her instincts could always trigger a snap to turn back and bite. Infact, tried and road tested almost every bike near this price point - Z was the only one that ignited a strange emotion inside - a strange mix of excitement, respect and fear.

Quote:
people tend to get very curious and that leads to them trying to discover what's under it.
Are there any vulnerable parts that can be damaged from beneath a cover, by kids? I'm staying in a large apartment complex and the cover could be the only real protection against kids.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 17:18   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Anyways this is what I did to keep Godzilla away from prying eyes and hands. I have noticed that even when the bike is under covers and some part of it is still visible - people tend to get very curious and that leads to them trying to discover what's under it. So have put a small tag and sticker on the bike. Hopefully this keeps people from unnecessarily touching and sitting on the bike.
Nice sticker, but I fear it may actually provoke some bloody minded person to inflict some damage, possibly from trying to peel it off! 'Authority' does not go down well with many

A new 'cover all' bike cover may be a better investment given the issue you are facing
udainxs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 18:54   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Glad to see the attention grabbing ability of the Ninja after all these years. Has grabbed my attention recently as well and left me confused.

Do you think buying the Z800 makes sense now, since there are chances it might get replaced next year? Would there be any risk of procuring spare parts, over the long term, let's say 10 years from now?

While at the Kawasaki showroom, my mind fell in love with the very practical and touring friendly Versys 650, while my heart fell in love with the inline4 beast.

Versys felt like a pet dog ever willing to wag it's tail and be a faithful companion for life. While the Z felt like a predatory cat which can been tamed over the long term, but her instincts could always trigger a snap to turn back and bite. Infact, tried and road tested almost every bike near this price point - Z was the only one that ignited a strange emotion inside - a strange mix of excitement, respect and fear.

Are there any vulnerable parts that can be damaged from beneath a cover, by kids? I'm staying in a large apartment complex and the cover could be the only real protection against kids.
If you are looking at buying a Z800, my suggestion would be to go for the Triumph Street Triple because of multiple reasons Like - Lower seat height, lesser kerb weight (the Z is difficult to even move her from the ground and turn).

U realise that 210kgs coming on you while doing the above said things. Z has a higher maintenance cost as well that is servicing cost compared to the street triple.

I have ridden both the bikes Multiple times and believe me, you cannot get off the street triple once you have ridden it.

My advice - Please test ride these two bikes back to back, you will understand what I mean.

Cheers.
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 16:51   #336
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Versys CrazyDriver. It's really an amazing bike and am sure you will not regret it at all. If ever you have the urge for a inline 4 - you have plenty of places where you can rent it out too. Avi's post on the comparison of the Z and the Versys on the Versys thread is very apt.

The only real protection against damage is a good body cover like Rjays. They are waterproof and fleecy lined so will protect your body parts - especially from scratches. Covers, again, will protect the bike from kids but not from cats. Best option is to put a stone over the seat to prevent cats from sitting on the seat and scratching it.

Thankfully till date - touch wood - I haven't had anyone sitting on the bike. The sticker was put just as a preventive measure and also for fun

Any exposed part of the bike is prone to damage. Especially the paint. Whenever any of my friends request me to sit on the bike - I politely ask them to be careful of their belt, watch, ring, keys - so it doesn't touch the tank or anything. But sometimes you do get some overexcited people who jump onto the bike without a second thought.

Anyways will be sharing a major update in a few days till then....
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 08:48   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for all your advice guys! Yes it would be a risky affair to order it online and having it stuck in customs. Heard a lot of stories of stuff being stuck at customs and there being no clarity on the amount of customs being charged. The same with getting it on flight through someone.

So after a lot of thinking and going through a lot of options - GPR, Arrows, Leo Vince, Esportivo Escapamento - I finally decided to go for neither of these. Thanks to Rahul (Odeen) and Aman and Raj (Desmocedici) - I went ahead and got the HP Corse Hydroform slipon.
Thank You @V12 in helping me decide the exhaust. I was a little confused too but then decided to go with HP Corse Hydroform.

Here is a video clip with exhaust installed.

Shreeniwas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 00:10   #338
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeniwas View Post
Thank You @V12 in helping me decide the exhaust. I was a little confused too but then decided to go with HP Corse Hydroform.

Here is a video clip with exhaust installed.
Wow that's great news Shreeni! From where did you get the exhaust and how much did it cost you? Please post your experience on the sound and performance. Have you retained the DB killers or removed it? Please post some pics as well.

Congrats again!

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 22nd November 2016 at 03:07. Reason: Video removed from quote. Tch tch V12 ;)
Old 22nd November 2016, 12:03   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Wow that's great news Shreeni! From where did you get the exhaust and how much did it cost you? Please post your experience on the sound and performance. Have you retained the DB killers or removed it? Please post some pics as well.

Congrats again!
I ordered it from BikeGear.in and they got it door delivered in less than 20 days. Pretty happy with their service. I am not sure if I can talk about pricing information here, please confirm.

I haven't used the bike after installation but by my initial experience, it's a little loud for my taste within city limits. Not really sure, or is it just me revving more than what I used to do earlier . Probably I need to use a little more to be sure. Regarding performance, I am not a performance freak, more of a peaceful n sedate rider so haven't noticed much difference.

I have used only about 20 kms after exhaust installation and above view is just with that experience.

I removed the DB while installing just to hear it once. Put it back immediately.
Shreeniwas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 13:06   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeniwas View Post
I ordered it from BikeGear.in and they got it door delivered in less than 20 days.
Their website doesn't even list your exhaust.
Link to BikeGear

Or did you get in touch with them separately and get it through their channels?
Old 22nd November 2016, 13:46   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Their website doesn't even list your exhaust.
Link to BikeGear

Or did you get in touch with them separately and get it through their channels?
Yes Divya , I contacted them over phone/whatsapp.
Shreeniwas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 19:42   #342
BHPian

I bought SC Project Matt Carbon Oval for my Z800, sounds really good with baffle apt for any riding conditions (City/Highway) you can make your presence felt. But without baffle its good to hear but pretty loud (buzzing at times) gets too much attention, not my kind. I prefer to have it with baffle. And performance I really dint see any difference, they say it increases 3.5hp power & 4.5nm torque. I dont think 3.5bhp makes any difference to a powerful bike with 113 horses. And BTW, I bought it from JV Promoto, did an online payment, received in just 1 day, yes 1 day.

Last edited by idpsharma : 22nd November 2016 at 19:45.
Old 26th November 2016, 23:40   #343
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats IDP! I have heard the SC Project with and without the baffles - sounds amazing. But yes, without the baffles it's really deafening. But not as deafening as the Racefit exhaust. Waiting for yours & Shreenis review and pics.

Anyways am finally out of 2 weeks of Dengue and finally got to ride the Z today in the city. Felt so good as if my platelets count had doubled. Then took a test ride of the Tiger and felt my weakness also had disappeared. An amazing weekend spent ogling at the Tiger and the Thruxton R.

And I am still to come to the best part - I just had the most exciting and most memorable ride in the Mumbai Metro. Why?
Here's why! My Bell Qualifier Torque helmet finally arrived today.
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-picsart_112611.03.25.jpg
v12 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 11:09   #344
BHPian

Hey sorry to hear that you were down with Dengue. Good that you fully recovered.

And Congrats on your very nice Helmet. I am yet to come up with my ownership thread, so many things going on @Home, Office, exams etc...

Hey but one thing I noticed is, if we eliminate the butterfly valve and go for an aftermarket exhausts (like SC Project), though it sounds good, but we lose on engine breaking and little bit of low end torque. I think it also impacts the FE. During high speed sprints engine breaking really helps to bring the bike under control coupled with ABS equipped brakes. Hence, its better to go with exhausts like Akra that can be fitted with butterfly valve (i know its Lil pricey).
idpsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 14:56   #345
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got to open it and try the Bell properly. Feels a bit tight ( comfortably tight), but that's how I felt when I first wore the LS2 as well. Probably it's just a case of breaking it in and then should be ok. Here are some pics anyways :

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img20161111wa0002.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img20161111wa0005.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img20161111wa0000.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img20161111wa0003.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img20161111wa0006.jpg
v12 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks