Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2017, 12:40   #361
Team-BHP Support

Re: Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
1. The V650's available now are all 2016 manufactured.
2. The 2017 manufactured model will be available only in / after the 2nd quarter.
3. The upgraded 2017 model (with the revised graphics and gear indicator) will be available after the first half of the year.
4. The newly launched Ninja 650 / ER-6N (now Z650) at the 2016 EICMA show indicates that similar upgrades will be passed onto the Versys 650 this year.
1, 2 & 3: Does it make a difference? The 2017 updates were rather lame. You could save time and probably money by not waiting for it. Gear indicator is anyways available as an OE accesory, or after market.

4. Could be. But since the Versys had a major revision in 2015, I feel the next big change will be in 2020. That said, even if the 2018 model gets all the updates including the new frame etc, this would land on our shores only by mid 2018.

PS: If you're open to buying pre-worshipped, there's always the Tiger. In fact, it might even feel like an upgrade from the Z.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 15:45   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
If you're open to buying pre-worshipped, there's always the Tiger. In fact, it might even feel like an upgrade from the Z.
V12, since you have mentioned regarding your bad back, do check out the Tiger if its in your scope. I had a 30 minute ride of a friends Tiger Xrx, bad roads simply do not exist! Its almost eerie, like riding a magic carpet, so comfortable and powerful too. Just felt a little funny riding it due to the 19 inch front tyre which would be just a matter of getting used to I am sure.

All the best in choosing your next ride.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 18:57   #363
Senior - BHPian

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
V12, since you have mentioned regarding your bad back, do check out the Tiger if its in your scope. I had a 30 minute ride of a friends Tiger Xrx, bad roads simply do not exist! Its almost eerie, like riding a magic carpet, so comfortable and powerful too. Just felt a little funny riding it due to the 19 inch front tyre which would be just a matter of getting used to I am sure.

Cheers

Yep, I second that. Be warned though, once you ride the Tiger, you might not wanna go back to the Versys.

True story. Happened to me

My next bike will be a Tiger XCX (whenever it is I can afford one)
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 21:37   #364
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Yep, I second that. Be warned though, once you ride the Tiger, you might not wanna go back to the Versys.
It shouldn't be any other way. For the 13.06L OTR price for the cheapest Tiger (XR) is almost double that of the Versys at 7.7L OTR, both prices in Bangalore.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th January 2017 at 21:39.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 21:19   #365
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
1, 2 & 3: Does it make a difference? The 2017 updates were rather lame. You could save time and probably money by not waiting for it. Gear indicator is anyways available as an OE accesory, or after market.

4. Could be. But since the Versys had a major revision in 2015, I feel the next big change will be in 2020. That said, even if the 2018 model gets all the updates including the new frame etc, this would land on our shores only by mid 2018.

PS: If you're open to buying pre-worshipped, there's always the Tiger. In fact, it might even feel like an upgrade from the Z.
Quote:

Cheers

None of those points I mentioned make too much of a difference. But I have decided to wait for a year to see what other options are available for me. I am very much inclined towards the Tiger but I find it damn too expensive and well over my budget. Will give it a year to figure out what I really want.

I had ordered a set of Puig frame sliders and had already finalised on the Givi top case or the OE cases for the Versys - that close I was to buying the Versys.

I keep missing the Z very often - more when I see or hear a superbike. I am still not able to figure out whether it was a good decision to sell the Z. If I look at the expenses on the Z, I feel it was a good decision. Paying EMIs, insurance, 2 services a year and changing a set of tyres. And all this for not even riding 5000 kms in the year.

Anyways in the meanwhile I will be getting something next week to keep me busy. In talks with a good friend - will keep you posted. It's not a superbike though - so don't keep your hopes high
v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 00:08   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I keep missing the Z very often - more when I see or hear a superbike. I am still not able to figure out whether it was a good decision to sell the Z. If I look at the expenses on the Z, I feel it was a good decision. Paying EMIs, insurance, 2 services a year and changing a set of tyres. And all this for not even riding 5000 kms in the year.

Anyways in the meanwhile I will be getting something next week to keep me busy. In talks with a good friend - will keep you posted. It's not a superbike though - so don't keep your hopes high
V12, perhaps you bought your Z and looked after it so well for the person who bought it from you. It was his luck to buy a better than new (with all the accessories) bike and properly run in at that

Whether the money spent, versus time spent riding is worth it or not has to be evaluated only by the owner. However, I feel whether you rode the bike for 5000 kms a year or 500, it does not really matter as long you enjoyed your time with it. Judging by your nostalgia, it was definitely a great time

All the best and look forward to hearing about your next purchase.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 00:57   #367
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for those kind words Cyborg. Yes I did enjoy the Z while I had it - and I miss it now.

Anyways cannot miss it forever and have to move on now. So this is what has temporarily replaced the Z. Just took delivery of it a few hours ago. A new ownership thread coming up soon.
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-picsart_030812.50.40.jpg
v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 09:06   #368
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So this is what has temporarily replaced the Z. Just took delivery of it a few hours ago. A new ownership thread coming up soon.
Wow the perfect pocket-rocket. Congratulations sir.

Now the obvious question - Any reasons for not considering the MY 2017 Duke 390? The MY 2017 Duke 390 betters the old one in all aspects as per all the reviews.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 09:45   #369
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Wow the perfect pocket-rocket. Congratulations sir.

Now the obvious question - Any reasons for not considering the MY 2017 Duke 390? The MY 2017 Duke 390 betters the old one in all aspects as per all the reviews.
Thanks M!
Main reason for not going for a brand new Duke is cos I am saving up for a nice Adv bike for the future.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 10:02   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Allen. I was thinking you discovered that you are not a speed fanatic and wanted something more relaxing and cruise worthy?

Quote:
Main reason for not going for a brand new Duke is cos I am saving up for a nice Adv bike for the future.
New Duke 390 is just 30K more than old Duke 390
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 14:15   #371
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for not mentioning it - this is a 2013-end motorcycle which I picked from a close friend. Will be starting a new ownership thread and share more details and pics soon.
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 23:01   #372
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The Z is in good hands. The current owner has now installed a Puig screen.

I miss her a lot :'(
Attached Thumbnails
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img20170328wa0017.jpg  

Old 30th March 2017, 09:27   #373
BHPian

Quote:
..I miss her a lot :'(
from the way you put it and given the overall context,i can really feel you bud.

Heart bought it, mind sold it. I'm sure the 390 will make you miss the Godzilla painfully more and unless the Adv options (you are considering) have given you the vibes like Z did, you are going to find yourself thinking/reporting on Z even then more than V/Tiger (that would be some..).

Choices of the heart are costly (and to make matters worse the mind will keep raising its logic till eternity like do-justice,costs etc.) but make us happy inside even in the darkest of hours. Unless V/Tiger completely takes care of your back pain issues, I've a hunch that you might go with the bigger Godzilla to really heal the wounds left by 800 or you might buy back the same chassis?

You might agree with this "gyan" drawn from real life experiences with men's other love besides machines. Guess it'll be interesting to wait and watch how it all unfolds for you.

Cheers!
wangdu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 09:56   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Z is in good hands. The current owner has now installed a Puig screen.I miss her a lot
If you miss or have remorse of selling it. Why don't you get it back (not the same one necessarily) or even better get the new Z900

These decisions are always heart related and mind has to follow them no-matter
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 17:21   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Since the Z800 handlebar position is slightly low, why not install a handlebar riser? Perhaps a 20mm increase would make the riding position more comfortable and not mess up the dynamics.

What do you people think?

Cheers
Even I share this view that the handlebar on the Z800 is a tad low for a naked Bike.
Can someone please suggest where I can pick up a Z800 handlebar Riser in Bangalore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks