Team-BHP - Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/163422-godzilla-my-monster-japan-kawasaki-z800-now-sold-7.html)

Sojo good choice on the sliders. Puig on my bike too. I recently dropped my bike. Not a single scratch or damage anywhere. However have ordered for the Rizoma engine and crank protectors. Which seem good as per reviews.

The guards and covers are totally worth it, especially with the turnover times for repairs and our insurance companies !

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 3717554)
I guess it's best to have the frames sliders and the engine guards installed. To prevent any damage to the bikes , I believe the frame sliders have to jut outside the handlebar as well, right? That's the only way it can prevent any damage to the bike. However it may be possible that if u drop the bike on a pavement the sliders may not protect the engine and the crankcase. Are the crankcase covers so weak that they can crack at a standstill fall?

The Frame sliders I had seen didn't jut outside the handle bar. The provide protection to fairings (fuel tank ???), but the handle bars do get the beating in case of a fall. There are other similar sliders (front and rear axle sliders) which can provide additional protection. Even otherwise, these frame sliders cannot be trusted fully. So having engine guard on top of frame sliders makes no harm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojogator (Post 3717613)
The guards and covers are totally worth it, especially with the turnover times for repairs and our insurance companies !

You can say that again!

Two days before my first longish ride to the Nandi Hills on my 650 I got the R&G frame sliders installed. Had given it a lot of thought before installing - why the heck does it cost this much (11K)!? Can I do without it?

At one point atop the hill I was taking a slow turn and stalled since I shifted to neutral instead of 2nd; tried to get a balance by keeping my right foot down, but since the surface was uneven, I lost balance and the bike started leaning right. I couldn't arrest the fall, but considerably slowed to gently placing the bike on its side. Still, the 650 is a heavy bike (204kg kerb weight) - the frame slider completely took the brunt of the fall, no scratch anywhere else (there was some dust in the corner of the mirror).

Had it not been there I would have been spending thousands to get that fairing repaired, not to mention - the wait!

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1432810333.988114.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 3717711)

Had it not been there I would have been spending thousands to get that fairing repaired, not to mention - the wait!

Hope you came out unscathed, my friend. Also, pre calculate every move, especially on the hills, with the uneven surfaces and slopes and bankings. These are places that give little room for errors.

This is a perfect example of a worthy investment, just in time. Also, you could get the accessories insured for an additional premium.

R&G are the only brand that allows reduction in Insurance in UK, I believe. So they must be doing something right.

Hope there was no damage to yourself IronHawk. The framesliders really help in taking all the beatings during a fall. I too would (and still wonder) - why the heck are they so expensive. Its just a piece of metal to protect the bike. Agreed if those were exquisite ones and made out of titanium or carbon fibre.

I have ordered frame sliders from a friend - should be getting it by mid-June. They are not PUIG or R&G or any of the famous brands - but something called M Factory I believe. Again these are just temporary because of 2 reasons - (1) PUIG/R&G/Rizoma are expensive and (2) the bike wont be used in the monsoon. So these frame sliders are for a temporary period only. Will be looking at Rizoma mostly post monsoon.

Man Of Steel - Whats the cost and delivery time that India Kawasaki has given for the crankcase cover?

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 3718566)
Hope there was no damage to yourself IronHawk. The framesliders really help in taking all the beatings during a fall.

No damages, was able to get off the bike in time and hold it, but couldn't stop the fall. Just :mad: with embarrassment :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 3718566)
Hope there was no damage to yourself IronHawk. The framesliders really help in taking all the beatings during a fall. I too would (and still wonder) - why the heck are they so expensive. Its just a piece of metal to protect the bike. Agreed if those were exquisite ones and made out of titanium or carbon fibre.

I have ordered frame sliders from a friend - should be getting it by mid-June. They are not PUIG or R&G or any of the famous brands - but something called M Factory I believe. Again these are just temporary because of 2 reasons - (1) PUIG/R&G/Rizoma are expensive and (2) the bike wont be used in the monsoon. So these frame sliders are for a temporary period only. Will be looking at Rizoma mostly post monsoon.

Man Of Steel - Whats the cost and delivery time that India Kawasaki has given for the crankcase cover?

Not really, just a piece of metal. They are build to take the hit and not transmit them to the frame but they cannot break. The non metal parts are designed to slide and burn out and not hold. These need to be tough but flexible yet not too much of either. A lot of R&D goes into them. A poor quality one will take the frame out when they fall. Not ideal situation and end up losing more than saving.

Did you read about the Z with the rhizomas that cracked the casing in a zero speed fall ?

Times lines for Kawasaki are funny, as told to me:
If available in pune - within a week
If not - god knows !

Bikes have been stuck for months along in the service center, waiting for parts to arrive our shores.

Got the first service done today at Kawasaki Palm Beach. The bike had done 585 kms when it went for the first service. The first thing I had to do was to tank up because the fuel indicator had reached E. The mileage was better this time - 12.73 litres and 171.3 kms - giving an average of 13.5 kmpl.

Fuel filled I set off to Vashi which is where the only dealer for Mumbai is. Thankfully the day was good - cloudy and not a ray of sunlight - so I enjoyed the ride. So much that I rode all the way to Panvel - before realizing I had crossed Vashi already. So turned back and reached in time for my service.

Since there were no other bikes scheduled for service, I was lucky and didn't have to wait too long. As promised , the servicing was done within 2 hours. I also showed the big blob of metal in the rear wheel - they took pics to send it to IKL. The only thing that I skipped was the wash - which I would anyways do after getting the bike home.

The first service cost me flat Rs. 8000. I do not have the breakup of the components but will post it once I receive the proper bill. To summarize, I was extremely happy with KPB's service. They were professional, efficient and very prompt.

Anyways here are some clouds

Morning Fill Up -
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-service1-fuel.jpg

The morning ride - no sun, just clouds
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-service2-ride.jpg

The Bike placed on the Paddock Stand
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-service3-stand.jpg

The engine oil being drained out
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-service4-oil-drain.jpg

Filling it up with Motul engine oil
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-service5oilchange.jpg

Using the air blower on all nooks and corners and tightening the bolts
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-service8drytighten.jpg

Cleaning the chain with WD40 and brush
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-service6chaincleaning.jpg

Lubing the chain with Motul
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-service7chainlube.jpg

Filling air in both the tyres before I leave
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-service9airfill.jpg

And finally - the bike really feels so smooth after the first service. The idling was reduced a bit - it was earlier set at 2k RPM last time (which would settle to 1.7). Here are the pics post service.
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-z8001.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-z8002.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-z8003.jpg

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-z8004.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 3719143)
Fuel filled I set off to Vashi which is where the only dealer for Mumbai is.

Hi V12,

Super thread, snaps and GREAT bike!

This dealer at Vashi - is it a sales and service outlet? I mean, can prospective customers from Bombay purchase any Kawasaki model from here instead of Pune now?

Thanks mate.

Cheers

Hey Cyborg,

Thanks for the compliment! Yes, the current outlet is a service outlet - but you can book any Kawasaki there (800cc and above). The bikes will however be delivered through SNK Bajaj, Pune.

A proper showroom is coming up next to the 3M outlet just a few shops away.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that it seems the black / green color has been discontinued. Apparently it was a limited edition color and was only introduced for a limited period. So now its available in black only.

So Sojo, TheCelestial - That makes our Z800's rare :)

Nah ! Nothing like that. I am sure it is another of the Cock and Bull story from the dealers, as usual. Green has been around for ages. Next stock coming in July is what I have heard.

You need to take the wheel issue more seriously. I would claim a wheel replacement under warranty without any delay and not buy that "I am taking a photo and sending it away" circus.

Also, the average to the liter you are getting needs to be rectified.
Even in dead crunch Bangalore traffic, I have not received an average lesser than 15 kmpl. In open roads, nothing less than 19, with spirited riding and around 21 kmpl without.
I have no idea but can the wheel alloy blob and the low average figures be related due to stress ?

Also, was the chain lube applied to the inside or the outside (like it looks in the picture) of the chain ? If it was only outside with the wheel rotating in 1st gear (not recommended again) then much of the lube would be thrown away the centrifugal force.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojogator (Post 3719928)
Nah ! Nothing like that. I am sure it is another of the Cock and Bull story from the dealers, as usual. Green has been around for ages. Next stock coming in July is what I have heard.

You need to take the wheel issue more seriously. I would claim a wheel replacement under warranty without any delay and not buy that "I am taking a photo and sending it away" circus.

I received a call from the dealer on Monday informing me that some senior engineers will be coming from Pune so I could get my bike to show them the wheel. Rode down to KPB today morning and they had a good look at it. They said they will make a report of it and will do a replacement too. Will receive an update on the report in a few days.

Anyways, here's a pic of the H2 which had come for its first service. Apparently, the service cost of the H2 (1st and 2nd) are cheaper than the Z800's.
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-kawasakininjah2.jpg

Quote:

Also, the average to the liter you are getting needs to be rectified.
Even in dead crunch Bangalore traffic, I have not received an average lesser than 15 kmpl. In open roads, nothing less than 19, with spirited riding and around 21 kmpl without.
I have no idea but can the wheel alloy blob and the low average figures be related due to stress ?
The average has improved since the first service. Had tanked it up before going for the service on Saturday and since then the bike has done 133.6 kms. Tanked it up again today morning and surprisingly it drank only 8.01 litres of fuel giving a good enough mileage of 16.95 kmpl (Ignore the reading on the display since it wasnt reset)
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-z800fuel1.jpg

I reset the trip and the Avg readings and rode to Vashi and back and the reading showed 19.3 kmpl. Since the bike is on the side stand - the fuel indicator shows 2 bars less.
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-z800fuel2.jpg

Quote:

Also, was the chain lube applied to the inside or the outside (like it looks in the picture) of the chain ? If it was only outside with the wheel rotating in 1st gear (not recommended again) then much of the lube would be thrown away the centrifugal force.
The chain lube was applied on the inside as well as the outside of the chain.

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-z800flag1.jpg Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-z800flag2.jpg

Good to see the average normalize and the wheel issue being handled professionally. Time to get those kilometers on then. Btw the preview of the 2016 version is out!
Shocking to hear about H2 s service costs!