Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2015, 08:10   #106
BHPian

re: Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Good to see the average normalize and the wheel issue being handled professionally. Time to get those kilometers on then. Btw the preview of the 2016 version is out!
Shocking to hear about H2 s service costs!
Yes I read about it. The best news for existing owners is that the bike is going get launched for the first time in North America. That means...... moar accessories.
TheCelestial is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 01:10   #107
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe the 2016 Z800 has already been launched in the US. The Z800 ABS is up on their US website for $8400. While going through the initial reviews, there seems to be nothing different in the 2016 model. Just like the 2015 model, it is only a cosmetic upgrade. The decals are new and the black is not a metallic black. US, however gets only 1 color option.

So I guess it maybe true when the dealer said that the green color has been discontinued.
Attached Thumbnails
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-2016-z800.jpg  

v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 02:45   #108
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-z800800speedo.jpg
The bike touched the magical 800 (well nothing magical about it) figure last night. Nothing much to report as of now - just waiting for all my stuff to arrive on the weekend (Rear seat cowl, radiator guard, frame sliders and tank pads).
  • I am still riding with the revs under 4k - will wait for 200 kms more before taking it above 4k.
  • The mileage has really improved after the first service and display shows a consistent mileage - 17.5 to 19.5 in city riding.
  • My palms and arms do pain a bit even after a short ride. I am not sure if it is to do with my riding position or due to the lack of riding gloves. Would a handlebar riser be more comfortable?

Not been riding the bike much - but did an impromptu coffee ride with Odeen last week where we saw another black/green Z800 in the parking lot. Needless to say - the ST steals the show.
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-z800speedtriple.jpg
Old 9th June 2015, 11:08   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
...(Rear seat cowl, radiator guard, frame sliders and tank pads).
  • I am still riding with the revs under 4k - will wait for 200 kms more before taking it above 4k.
  • The mileage has really improved after the first service and display shows a consistent mileage - 17.5 to 19.5 in city riding.
  • My palms and arms do pain a bit even after a short ride. I am not sure if it is to do with my riding position or due to the lack of riding gloves. Would a handlebar riser be more comfortable?

... we saw another black/green Z800 in the parking lot...
Congrats on breaking free of the first shackle !

Can you link me to the cowl ? How is it, how much and from where ?

I would suggest you to start taking her to 6K rpm, as the 'book' suggests, because 'the one who makes them knows the best about them'.

Great to see the average mileage count going up to normalcy. My average has settled down. 15.5-16 kmpl in rush hour Bangalore traffic and 20-21 kmpl in open stretches.

Has to be your posture. Bent arms. Soft grip. Quick shifts. Gloves might be an additional reason as well. Surprised you didn't get yourself a pair yet. I have had zero pains, probably because I was used to the posture from my R15. I wouldn't put the risers as it, small or large way, will impact the dynamics, especially when you are tall and strong enough.

That parking lot looks amazing ! All clean and mean ! Brits and Japs in their full glory

Last edited by Sojogator : 9th June 2015 at 11:09.
Sojogator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 02:47   #110
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Congrats on breaking free of the first shackle !

Can you link me to the cowl ? How is it, how much and from where ?

I would suggest you to start taking her to 6K rpm, as the 'book' suggests, because 'the one who makes them knows the best about them'.

Great to see the average mileage count going up to normalcy. My average has settled down. 15.5-16 kmpl in rush hour Bangalore traffic and 20-21 kmpl in open stretches.

Has to be your posture. Bent arms. Soft grip. Quick shifts. Gloves might be an additional reason as well. Surprised you didn't get yourself a pair yet. I have had zero pains, probably because I was used to the posture from my R15. I wouldn't put the risers as it, small or large way, will impact the dynamics, especially when you are tall and strong enough.

That parking lot looks amazing ! All clean and mean ! Brits and Japs in their full glory
Thanks Sojo!

The seat is available at the below link :
http://japan.webike.net/products/21313577.html
However it is not available in green.

Yes, am happy about the mileage settling down to normal. I'll keep her under 4k till I cover 1k kms and then slowly graduate to a higher rpm.

Regarding the posture - yes you are right. It has to be the posture only and the gloves (rather the lack of it). I tried using my brothers gloves on one of the long rides - but I felt very uncomfortable with them. I couldnt feel the throttle and it was getting very uneasy. Maybe I should just wear them regularly and start getting used to them.
Old 10th June 2015, 11:44   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the posture - yes you are right. It has to be the posture only and the gloves (rather the lack of it). I tried using my brothers gloves on one of the long rides - but I felt very uncomfortable with them. I couldnt feel the throttle and it was getting very uneasy. Maybe I should just wear them regularly and start getting used to them.
Thanks for the link.

Well, your Godzilla , you decide the run in.

Suggest you do some reading and YouTubing regarding posture. You will find a lot that will help you sort yourself out. I have a feeling you are putting all your weight onto the handlebars via your wrist and palms. Are you sitting too stiff or straight ? Are you not gripping the tank ? Can't comment if gloves are the issue for sure because I never ride without one. But there is a bit of padding so it might help but will not remove it entirely if the posture is wrong.

Every riding gear you add you will make you feel uncomfortable for a couple or a few rides and then you will get used to it. Just start wearing them and go easy on the throttle till you are easy with the gear.. Your brain will learn to pick up feeling of the throttle over the gloves in no time. I use a Kangaroo palmed glove and they are better at providing feedback. Almost like a second skin. Similar with good goatskin as well. Cow hide take slightly longer to provide the same.
Sojogator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 03:00   #112
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the advise Sojo. I think I need to do just that - wear it regularly and once I get used to it, I'll feel more comfortable. Regarding my posture, yes I do put all my weight on the handlebar - and that maybe the reason for the pain. So at the end of my ride, I have the handlebar grips design imprinted on my pal.

Anyways not much updates on the bike at the moment since I hardly ride in the rains. it got a bit dirty last week - so gave it a good wash on the weekend and now its stored in my office basement. The wheels, tyres, exhaust pipes and the underbody needs the most attention. The wheels needed some additional cleaning due to the sticky chain lube residue on it.

Ride it - Wash it - Forget it
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-z800rain.jpg Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-z800wash.jpg Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-z800office.jpg

Also, my seat cowl, frame sliders, radiator guard and tank pads have arrived. I should be fitting them on the weeekend. Also planning to move the front registration number from the original location to the mudguard. More updates and pics on the weekend!
v12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 09:03   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding my posture, yes I do put all my weight on the handlebar - and that maybe the reason for the pain. So at the end of my ride, I have the handlebar grips design imprinted on my pal.
The 800's handlebar is set quite low as per naked bike's standards. The posture should be more like riding a sports bike. Slightly leaned forward, arms bent and upper body weight supported by the lower back muscles, fuel tank gripped with inner thighs and oh, a loose handlebar grip! Might get a couple of days to get used to but once you are, it will be really comfortable.

That grip pattern imprinting on your palm is not a good sign at all!
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 11:13   #114
BHPian

Looks real clean, your Godzilla. After seeing mine, this looks like another color. Roadbuster has been spitting mud rocks for the last 2 days now !

Another way to avoid locked up straight arms is to wear riding jackets. They have precurve in the arms that don't allow to lock your arms at the elbow, thus transferring all the weight to the handlebars. Wear the gear and things will start to get sorted out by itself .
Sojogator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 17:44   #115
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Since the Z800 handlebar position is slightly low, why not install a handlebar riser? Perhaps a 20mm increase would make the riding position more comfortable and not mess up the dynamics.

What do you people think?

Cheers
Old 19th June 2015, 14:37   #116

Hi v12,

A friend of mine has recently bought the Z800. It would be great if you could give the details of the engine guards you bought; specifically, from where did you bought them and the cost.

Thanks,
Akshay
Old 19th June 2015, 15:57   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //AKS View Post
Hi v12,

A friend of mine has recently bought the Z800. It would be great if you could give the details of the engine guards you bought; specifically, from where did you bought them and the cost.

Thanks,
Akshay
He (and I did as well) bought them from Webike Japan. You can check them here japan.webike.net.
TheCelestial is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 16:41   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
He (and I did as well) bought them from Webike Japan. You can check them here japan.webike.net.
Is this the one you ordered:
http://japan.webike.net/products/21313576.html

And will it contain guards for both sides?
Old 19th June 2015, 17:01   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //AKS View Post
Is this the one you ordered:
http://japan.webike.net/products/21313576.html

And will it contain guards for both sides?
Answering for V12 . Yes. This one has both sides.
Sojogator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 21:22   #120
BHPian

Got mine from Zubin Ponnappa
Attached Thumbnails
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-image.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks