Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2015, 18:56   #16
BHPian

re: Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!

Hearty congratulations man. Z800 with the 50K price cut is definitely a very good proposition. One proposition that I will be thinking very hard is if Honda manages to screw up the pricing of CBR650f, which seems possible by the looks of things.

What struck me most when I test Rode the Z800 was the unreal smoothness of the engine and instant torque delivery.

Going by all the options I have, I am kind of moving towards the Z800 too. Its very difficult to take one shot at your dream bike with your hard earned money.

Wishing you many many fun KMS.

Regards
Rachit

Last edited by GTO : 5th May 2015 at 14:32. Reason: Typos
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 4th May 2015, 19:13   #17
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi V12,

I got a Tiger 800XCx last month ,

Regards,
Veera
Congrats to you too Veera! When do we see an ownership thread?

Quote:
Ah ! That way. That is very good price for the guards. No leaks or issues while fitting just take screws out 1 by 1 and put them back 1 by 1. That will keep everything in control. No need to remove the case. The instruction booklet is very well detailed. Just need a 10mm T wrench is what you will need, I think.
Quote:
Refer manual to install engine guards. Its pretty easy and takes about 20-30Min to install. Ensure not to over tighten them as this may damage threads.
Thanks Sojogator / Djay - I will go through the manual this week and install the guards.

Quote:
What is OTR price in mumbai? Is 50K price cut still valid?
The OTR-Mumbai price was 8.68 inclusive of the 50k discount. And I believe the 50K discount is still valid because when I went to take the delivery - the Z800 OTR price was still mentioned as 8.68.

Quote:
Hey V12. Finally you have it. It looks big and angry. Have lots and lots of fun on it. Hope to see you soon as I stay in versova too. Ride hard but be super safe. Awesome stuff!
Thanks Odeen! Yes, I read your thread and Aman also mentioned about meeting up. We can catch up once my registration is done. Probably on the weekend - will PM you. would love to see the Speed!

Quote:
Hearty congratulations man. Z800 with the 50K price cut is definately a very good proposition. One proposition that I will be thinking very hard if Honda manages to screw up the pricing of CBR650f, which seems possible by the looks of things.

What struck me most when I test Rode the Z800 was the unreal smoothness of the engine and instant torque delivery.

Going by all the options I have, I am kind of moving towards the Z800 too. Its very difficult to take one shot at your dream bike with your hard earned money.

Wishing you many many fun KMS.

Regards
Rachit
Thanks a lot Rachit! I doubt Honda will price the CBR650F under 8 lakhs - considering they had announced they would keep the price under 10L. Comparitively I guess the Z800 will be better in more ways than the CBR - because (1) it has a bigger engine (2) it is more powerful (3) it has more safety features. At that price - I dont see the Honda having any advantage over the Kawasaki. The service intervals / costs are the same as the Kawasaki's. But I guess we only have to wait and watch.

With the Z, you can never be wrong. So go for it!!

Last edited by v12 : 4th May 2015 at 19:36.
Old 4th May 2015, 19:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on a lovely bike V12! Some nice photos would be great.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 19:41   #19
BHPian

Godzilla! My monster from Japan, the Kawasaki Z800

Thanks Odeen! Yes, I read your thread and Aman also mentioned about meeting up. We can catch up once my registration is done. Probably on the weekend - will PM you. would love to see the Speed!

Done V12. Would love to meet you and likewise would love to see Z800. Weekend mostly i vegetate so any time is good for me. I forgot to mention we had a Vijay Super too. But i used it to search for leaked question papers for my board exams. Didn't get a single one, but enjoyed the midnight sneaking out and firing that Vijay Super.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Last edited by Odeen12 : 4th May 2015 at 20:08.
Odeen12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 21:18   #20
BHPian

Congrats v12. Ride Safe! Z800 is a no-brainer at that price range.

I love the exhaust note of triples/inline fours too. My budget is 6-ish and I am not impressed with the current options at that price range.

My options:
1. I wish the Ninja 650/ER6n came with a 4-cylinder engine (Not happening anytime soon since the 650 parallel twin has been well received for other reasons and is shared among multiple Kawasaki platforms)
2. Honda prices the CBR650F sensibly (more unlikely than option 1)
3. I happen to find some extra money lying around to book the Z800
loki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 21:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Allen: I want a Superbike.
Me: Why
Allen: Inline 4, just need it.
Me: Why, where will you ride it. Crater Mumbai? Why not go for something lower.
Allen: But it wont be an Inline 4.
Me: Think practical. You cant have a pillion sitting comfy. You cant ride fast. So why.
Allen: But an Inline 4 is an Inline 4.
Me: Why not a HD.
Allen: But thats not an Inline 4.
Me: I give up.

The above discussions have taken place several times, in person, over the phone, over whatsapp and all that Allen would say is, 'I just need an Inline 4, its my dream'

So till very recently, a few months back Allen calls me and says jokingly, 'I have 2 options, either get married or get a Superbike'

Now we all know what he chose

So finally Mr V12, you got the monster home. Inspite of wanting to come along, i couldnt, had to miss it. But i am very very very happy for you. After months and months of dreams and discussions, you have your 'Inline 4' in your garage. Will try to catch up over the weekend to witness the monster in action.

Hearty Congratulations and Ride Safe.

Cheers,
Raj...
Desmosedici is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 23:18   #22
BHPian

Ah finally the monster is here! Waiting for 3 months for my dream bike would have killed me. Glad that you could patiently wait for so long

Unluckily, couldn't see your bike as i left for my vacation the same day your bike got delivered. But will certainly check it out in July. Maybe will take a short ride as a pillion too

The bike certainly looks mean and aggressive. Congrats on owning your dream bike and wish you lots of happy miles on the Godzilla.

Keep revvin!!
Aman

Last edited by amansanc : 4th May 2015 at 23:21.
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 23:22   #23
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Odeen - Done, will let you know once I am done with the registration. If not, I think I can still sneak it to Versova during the evening

Loki - Thanks for your wishes. I think the Benelli could be a good option. I checked out the Benelli at their Pune showroom and I can seriously say that I was impressed. Leaving aside the ownership and the quality (which is not too bad) , it is an option worth considering. And the sound of that engine - coming from a Z800 owner - it was sweet and loud. And better than the Z.

Raj - How can I forget these conversations. It went on for so long for all these months before and after the booking. I remember your last minute attempt also to be practical and go for the ER6N. But I was very adamant. Thanks for being my soundbox. Let's meet on the weekend - I owe you a ride
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 23:54   #24
BHPian

Let the Z800s roll!
It's raining mean machines on Team-BHP.

Congrats on your newest acquisition. Godzilla is a perfect name for her, only most petrolheads will mistake it as a Skyline

Good writeup there. Keep updating this thread and buy the riding gear ASAP.

Remember :
ATGATT-All the gear all the time

Here's to wishing you many happy n' safe miles.

Cheers,
petrolhead_neel
Old 5th May 2015, 00:07   #25
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Aman - Thanks for your wishes! Let me know when you are back and we can definitely catch up for a ride!

Neel - Thanks a lot for your kind words and advise. Will try to get to ATGATT very soon
Old 5th May 2015, 10:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

congrats v12! awesome choice - naked and mean (in a good way). i bet the Z800 is the entry point into the world of in-line four. sound of that engine, specially in a closed parking lot, ooooh.. sends chills down the spine!

looks like it's raining Ninjas - i myself got a Ninja 650 last month and loving every bit of it. please do get the essential protectors for the bike as well as for yourself as this would mean the difference between picking up your bike and packing up your bike (got that line from the R&G box) i happened to lean my bike on a recent ride and the R&G frame sliders took the whole brunt of it, not even a scratch on the faring, handlebar or the mirror (i had got the frame sliders fitted just 2days before)

about the attention grabbing ability - every Ninja's got it. it's in the DNA. as a matter of fact, this morning a woman on her Activa was trying to keep up with me on the way to office, trying to play cat and Ninja
IronH4WK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 11:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats V12!
You have picked one of the most sensible bikes under 10 lakhs. And I feel the same like you do about inline-4's. The sound is brilliant, pure magic to ears. I have always loved the N650 for the practicality it offered. I was never a fan of the naked bikes until the Z800 was launched. It is just is set in my heart and plan to get one as soon as I am out of college. Keep updating the thread. Ride safe!

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 16:09   #28
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the N650 IronHawk. Ride safe and its time now you give Team-BHP sticker spotting a break and enjoy your rides. Let the hunter be hunted in the Superbikes Spotting thread now
Agree with you on the frame sliders - they are very important. I lost balance twice while negotiating a sharp turn because I misjudged the turning radius.
And regarding attention grabbing - yes the Ninja's seem to do it very well - especially with their racing green colors. With the Z800 - a couple of friends have already compared the looks (color) with the Yamaha FZ.
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img20150504wa00013.jpg
Thanks Asit - yes, under 10L, the Z and the Street Triple seem to be the most practical bikes. I too was never a fan of naked bikes - Given a choce, I would always go for a fully faired sportsbike. Unfortunately they were above the 10L bracket and beyond my budget.

Last edited by v12 : 5th May 2015 at 16:22.
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 16:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

v12 congratulations on the Kawasaki Z800, it does have an imposing stance and has that mean attitude. Black and green color combination looks really cool on this kwacker. Like they say if its Red it is a Honda, if its Yellow it is a Ducati and if its Green it is a Kawasaki. Next thing you have to buy is good quality certified riding gears. I have already mentioned this on other Kawasaki Z800 thread about investing in good quality and certified riding gears. Since you have already bought the helmet can't suggest, as for riding jacket go for either Spartan Helios Mesh Jacket or better Alpinestars/Dainese Mesh Jacket. IMHO you should go for riding mesh riding pants rather than just knee-shin guards as the abrasion resistance on the riding pants would be better, brands that come to mind are Alpinestars/Dainese, Rjays, Joe Rocket, DSG, Spartan, etc. If you want to buy knee-shin guards do not look beyond Dainese as they are the best in business. I would also request you to buy good quality riding shoes either local(Spartan) or international(Alpinestars/Dainese/Sidi).

P.S. Note that I am in no ways trying to push you to buy expensive brands. If I were you I would keep aside about 7-10% of the total motorcycle amount to buy good quality and certified life saving riding gears. Also remember one's own body protection is much more important than engine protection and other stuff. Ride safe and Ride well.

I was always in awe of your Machismo Cafe Racer, never knew you sold it off. I will be using that motorcycle as a template to build my Cafe Racer out of a 2004 model Thunderbird AVL which uses the same LB 350cc engine.
navin_v8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 18:13   #30
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

NavinV8 - Thanks for your post and I agree with every word you said - including the Cafe Racer part For my daily use to office which is just 7-8 kms one way, I would only be using a jacket. For weekend / longer rides - yes a proper riding gear is a must. Over the weekend, I did ride the bike in 3/4ths and floaters just outside my building - and the heat was unbearable after a few minutes. I know I shouldnt have done that - but as you know, old habits die hard. I will definitely check out the Spartan Helios jacket and decide between it and the Rynox one.

As for the Cafe Racer - all the best and do let me know if you require any help.

Thanks a lot again
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks