Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2015, 18:41   #151

re: Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!

Thanks for the Links V12,

Currently looking forward for the following
Rizoma Grips
Pazzo Levers
Exhausts ( Yoshimura/ Akrapovic)
Panniers
Belly pan (after seeing the pics)
Let me know if you have any sources for same
Old 29th July 2015, 19:34   #152
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I have heard good reviews about BikeGear.in and they have a lot of exhaust options for the Z800 - Arrow, GPR, Akrapovic, SC Project.

Also check out Japan.webike.net which has a wide range of accessories for the Z.
Old 29th July 2015, 20:15   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
I have heard good reviews about BikeGear.in and they have a lot of exhaust options for the Z800 - Arrow, GPR, Akrapovic, SC Project.

Also check out Japan.webike.net which has a wide range of accessories for the Z.
Bikegear.in guys are really good. Humble people and quick service as well as response.
akshayhonda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 07:06   #154

Thanks for the updates , actually Webike has a range of accessories but is expensive you can get some of the accessories cheaper here in India itself.

Performance racing stocks most of the accessories I have fitted for a marginally higher price advantage being you see what you buy unlike buying online. Reason I bought online was Kawasaki Showroom itself stocks most of the accessories from Performance racing but were out of stock and were expected to be in stock late.

I would recommend mirror risers as they do make a lot of difference to the visible range of the mirrors.

Akshay Honda do you ride regularly in Goa as I keep coming to Goa I have a place there.
Old 10th August 2015, 01:03   #155
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess if we compare the prices of most of the products available at the dealers versus online (eBay, Amazon etc) - online prices are definitely cheaper. That's because those are the prices of just the products excluding shipping and customs. If we add both to the online prices, it will still be cheaper than the dealers. But then the only problem with an online purchase is that you don't get to physically feel the product.

If you are looking for the belly pans please check them carefully for fitment since most of them are for 2012-2013 models. I am not sure what is the difference but better confirm with the seller.

Anyways here are some updates on Godzilla.I finally got the spools and got the green seat cover replaced with a black one. However did not get to fit the seat cowl since one rubber mount was missing. I also got a Resqtech car wash from Resqtech.in. So this Sunday got down to give Godzilla a proper wash.

Mounting the bike on the paddock stand single handedly looks like a very easy job and maybe too. But I was scared to even think about doing such a thing. Heavy bike and a bad back is a very deadly combination. So my brother helped me mount the bike on the stand. Have to be very careful while doing it since there are chances you can scratch the swing arm. After mounting the bike there was hardly a mm of gap left. The paddock stand felt very secure and the bike was very stable.

Started washing the bike with the Resqtech and I can't tell you how easy and convenient it is. It's good if your bike is slightly dirty or mucky. But if it's a lot, youre better off at a service station.

Anyways I'll stop here and let the pics do the talking.
Attached Thumbnails
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img_20150808_225346.jpg  

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img_20150809_1515432.jpg  

Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-picsart_1439148713751.jpg  

v12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 09:29   #156

Any idea about prices for Exhausts
I have narrowed down on Yoshimura and Akrapovic
Any information will be welcome
Old 24th August 2015, 11:25   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner View Post
Any idea about prices for Exhausts
I have narrowed down on Yoshimura and Akrapovic
Any information will be welcome
Please take a look at this website http://www.sbkstore.in/ and bikegear.in for indicative pricing. V12 mentioned he had heard good reviews about the latter

Last edited by udainxs : 24th August 2015 at 11:28.
Old 24th August 2015, 15:16   #158

6th mile customs in Indiranagar, Bangalore are official Akrapovic exhaust dealers. Check their Facebook account. They have very decent prices for the slip-ons. Hear good reviews as well about the owner Thomas.

@Sojogator - Did you buy the fenda extenda? I am planning for them as well after seeing them on V12's bike and experiencing the muck first hand on the bike many times. I have a friend of mine who is also interested to buy this. If we probably order it together, we can share the shipping and save on duty as well. Let me know, and I can place the order for an extra one.
dotz_13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 12:19   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotz_13 View Post
@Sojogator - Did you buy the fenda extenda? I am planning for them as well after seeing them on V12's bike and experiencing the muck first hand on the bike many times. I have a friend of mine who is also interested to buy this. If we probably order it together, we can share the shipping and save on duty as well. Let me know, and I can place the order for an extra one.

I might be interested. Can you please share the source link from where you are planning to order ?? I would like to take a look at it.
Old 26th August 2015, 02:33   #160
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I would really recommend you to go for the fenda extenda. It prevents muck from flying onto ur radiator and with the kind of weather Bangalore has, it will really be useful thing to have. The fit and finish of the fenda extenda is top notch. It comes with 2-way tape but Ibwouks recommend using fevi quick or any other glue to fix it to the mudguard.

Good to see more Z800 owners on the forum.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 03:41   #161

Yes, agree V12. In fact, would recommend this in any city especially in India. Can you confirm where you bought yours from and how much it cost you including shipping and duties if any? I found it on a few websites and there are significant cost differences especially with shipping when ordering in bulk.

@Shreeniwas and others, these are the prices I have found online. www.gear4bikes.com seems to be the most reasonable especially if you order 4-6 in bulk.

www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk which is also the manufacturer has the cheapest list price of GBP 14.08. But their shipping is expensive. 14.95 for 1, 56.00 for 2 or more.

EBay.co.uk lists it at 21.99 with a shipping price of 12.96 GBP per piece.

www.gear4bikes.com has it listed at 14.99 GBP. But shipping for 1 is 6.95, 2-3 at 18.95 and 4-6 at 29.95. Anything more, is expensive at 100+ in shipping.

Add to this an import duty of 30% (on cost+shipping) and economics turns the favour towards gear4bikes for 4-6 pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
I would really recommend you to go for the fenda extenda. It prevents muck from flying onto ur radiator and with the kind of weather Bangalore has, it will really be useful thing to have. The fit and finish of the fenda extenda is top notch. It comes with 2-way tape but Ibwouks recommend using fevi quick or any other glue to fix it to the mudguard.

Good to see more Z800 owners on the forum.
Completely agree to this. In fact would recommend that this be a standard accessory for any bike bought in India, given the muck and conditions we ride it in. Can you let us know if your friend bought this on ebay and shipped it to India? If so what was the total cost including shipping and duties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeniwas View Post
I might be interested. Can you please share the source link from where you are planning to order ?? I would like to take a look at it.
Shreeniwas, I did some research on the net and found multiple prices quoted. Here is a brief breakdown (all prices in GBP):

Part # 05355 / Fenda Extenda by pyramid plastics.
www.ebay.co.uk - listed price: 21.99 + shipping of 12.95 / piece
www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk - listed price: 14.08 + shipping of 14.95 for 1, 56.00 for 2+
www.gear4bikes.com - listed price: 14.99 + shipping of 6.95 for 1, 18.95 for 2-3, 29.95 for 4-6. For more than 7 its a 110+.

Add to that a 30% duty on the total cost (parts cost+shipping). And economics tells me its best to order 4-6 from gear4bikes to get the best savings out of shipping + duty costs.

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th September 2015 at 15:21. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 26th August 2015, 09:15   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Shreeniwas, I did some research on the net and found multiple prices quoted.
I am guessing ebay will work out cheaper.

Their price listed includes 20% VAT , which shouldn't be applicable for items shipped outside of UK.

Shipping charges is 12.95 for first item and 2.0 per additional item. I think it would be better we shoot out an email to seller to get exact quotes.

PFA
Attached Thumbnails
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-capture.jpg  

Shreeniwas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 19:56   #163

Thanks Shreeniwas. Just checked again to confirm. The seller on ebay.co.uk is gear4bikes themselves. However, the price is mentioned as 21.99 (excluding VAT would reduce the cost to 18.32 GBP) which is still higher than the 14.99 GBP on their own online site. So shipping / buying anything upto 6 pieces at a time would still be cheaper on gear4bikes.

Sample cost for 3 piece and 5 pieces (including shipping):
gear4bikes: 63.92 / 104.9 (21.30 / 20.98 per piece GBP)
ebay.co.uk: 71.91 / 112.55 (23.97 / 22.51 per piece GBP)

The difference in price in INR is not HUGE - just a couple of hundred/piece (If I calculate exchange at INR 100 / 1 GBP).

Considering that the same seller is the same, I would prefer to buy it directly from them than via ebay and its cheaper too.

I am planning to place an order for them this weekend. Please let me know, and we can order in bulk. I need 2 at the moment (for me and a friend of mine).
Old 26th August 2015, 21:33   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Add to this an import duty of 30% (on cost+shipping) and economics turns the favour towards ...
They have increased the import duty to 41.5% on the landed cost (cost + shipping) Unless you know someone at customs who can do a 'jugaad'.

Learnt it the hard way when I purchased my jacket via ebay. Definitely makes a lot of sense to purchase locally if the price differential isnt too big.
Old 27th August 2015, 01:42   #165
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I had ordered mine from eBay US and then brought over by a friend. Are you sure they charge customs on these parts?

Last edited by v12 : 27th August 2015 at 01:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks