Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2015, 09:37   #106
BHPian

Re: First Ride - Ducati Scrambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
Things have been a bit quite here. Here's an update on my Scrambler situation:

Finally took delivery of my Red Devil earlier today. The dealer very sweetly agreed to open up at 7am today specially for the delivery, keeping the record breaking weather in mind. (~43 °C last few days).

A very smooth & effortless transaction and the weather gods pitched in too - cloudy weather, thunderstorms & intermittent showers throughout the day today!
Congrats on your new motorbike mate. Looks amazing in red. So any mods planned? At least that handle-bar

Btw, how was your experience with the dealership for the second time? Was it any good?

Congrats again on the motorbike. It's an amazing machine and I am sure you will enjoy riding around on that thing.

Cheers!
Old 14th June 2015, 10:17   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Congratulations Outofthebox, all the best with your red beauty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Congrats on your new motorbike mate. Looks amazing in red. So any mods planned? At least that handle-bar
Btw, how was your experience with the dealership for the second time? Was it any good?
Cheers!
Thank you Cyborg, voyageur. Have several mods planned. Thanks to the extended wait, did a lot of 'finger shopping' for the Red beauty, handle-bar included.

Already did two India specific mods last night - a Extenda Fenda for the front mud guard and a louder horn - PIAA Slimline.

Had ordered two handlebars - a Rizoma and a Renthal. There is a sourcing issue with a special clamp required for the Rizoma and an issue with fitting everything on to the Renthal. So will have to do a bit of trial & error before I know which one is going on to the Scrambler.

Other than that - on the mods list is a gear indicator, slip-on exhaust, shorter clutch & brake levers, wider foot pegs and the usual compliment of Evo-tech guards & bobbins.

Lastly some appearance related mods - frame plugs, RVMs, side panels, Rizoma trafficators, tank & wheel rim decals etc.

As for the second dealership experience, I only have positive things to say. Massive improvement in communication - they kept me updated regularly on the progress throughout the waiting period, have been really flexible with the delivery process to suit my convenience and from a buyer's perspective, it was effortless.

There are still a few process related odds & ends to be sorted out, but they more than made up for it with their flexibility & quick turn around for all issues.
outofthebox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 11:45   #108
BHPian

Quote:

Already did two India specific mods last night - a Extenda Fenda for the front mud guard and a louder horn - PIAA Slimline.
Good to hear your experience was smooth in procuring the lovely red Italian beauty! Congrats and happy hundreds of miles!

Where did you source them for and how much did they cost you shipped to door?

Last edited by Sojogator : 14th June 2015 at 11:47.
Old 14th June 2015, 18:24   #109
BHPian

Thanks Sojogator. The Extenda I purchased on eBay from this seller.. INR3k shipped.

The PIAA I bought from Rakuten, also ~INR3k shipped but for the life of me I can't find the seller's listing anymore. It's model HO 12 from this product page.
Old 15th June 2015, 22:21   #110
BHPian

Had ordered two handlebars - a Rizoma and a Renthal. There is a sourcing issue with a special clamp required for the Rizoma and an issue with fitting everything on to the Renthal. So will have to do a bit of trial & error before I know which one is going on to the Scrambler.

Hey Outofthebox, have been doing some homework myself about spares for my Scrambler and have come up with a list very similar to yours. Most parts are in and will be installing next week. Regardless, about the handlebars, the ones you want are the Ducati Handlebars Model No. 96280181A, available on Ebay and pureducati.com. These are the FT handlebars and are apparently a bolt-on for the Icon as well and come with the correct taper and holes for throttle mount. I hope to receive mine this week and will confirm when I do the install. All the best with the Scrambler.
Ragtop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 12:02   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop View Post
Any reason why you'll did not wait for the Scrambler Full Throttle?. It is launching in September at an approximate price of Rs 9.5 lakhs. It comes with the smaller handle bars, full Termigani exhaust system.
Old 16th June 2015, 13:33   #112
BHPian

Quote:
I hope to receive mine this week and will confirm when I do the install. All the best with the Scrambler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Any reason why you'll did not wait for the Scrambler Full Throttle?
Hey Ragtop, thanks very much. Lets keep in touch and exchange install notes. When I'd ordered the Rizoma stuff, it was not known that taper bars were an issue or that the FT bar came with the necessary clamp - the details are still missing from the official product description page and the official parts list for Scrambler is not released yet.

speedy, when I'd booked the Icon in March there was no confirmation that the other Scrambler models would be bought in this year. In any case, I preferred the Classic over FT or UE. A Red Icon was my second choice - although the bookings had only opened for Yellow Icon.

As you might know all the models differ only by interchangeable accessories and paint jobs.

If I'd to go for a Termi it would be this one:
First Ride - Ducati Scrambler-96480681aducatiscramblertermignonislipon.jpg
This one comes with an official ECU remap key and probably offers a real performance bump over the other. It also sounds better to me.
Old 17th June 2015, 11:09   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
speedy, when I'd booked the Icon in March there was no confirmation that the other Scrambler models would be bought in this year. In any case, I preferred the Classic over FT or UE. A Red Icon was my second choice - although the bookings had only opened for Yellow Icon.

As you might know all the models differ only by interchangeable accessories and paint jobs.

If I'd to go for a Termi it would be this one:
Attachment 1382572
This one comes with an official ECU remap key and probably offers a real performance bump over the other. It also sounds better to me.
Yes in March they never mentioned of the other models of the scrambler coming in.

Yes they do but they are expensive officially and aftermarket accessories and fitting done voids warranty. As for the exhaust again do check about warranty. This was informed by the showroom.

I went to check out the Scrambler, but ended up falling in love with the Diavel.
Old 17th June 2015, 11:33   #114
BHPian

Quote:
aftermarket accessories and fitting done voids warranty. As for the exhaust again do check about warranty. This was informed by the showroom.
Ha ha yes, I know, that kind of Indian crap is unavoidable with any super bike purchase here. I'm just thankful they haven't forced me to fit a saree guard to my Scrambler.

Diavel is a real beauty. One of these days I intend to test ride it at least.
Old 17th June 2015, 11:39   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As for the exhaust again do check about warranty. This was informed by the showroom.
Termignoni is officially sold by Ducati worldwide. So not sure why the warranty would be impacted by putting it on.

Or am I overlooking some facts?

Last edited by ku69rd : 17th June 2015 at 11:59.
Old 17th June 2015, 11:55   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ha ha yes, I know, that kind of Indian crap is unavoidable with any super bike purchase here. I'm just thankful they haven't forced me to fit a saree guard to my Scrambler.

Diavel is a real beauty. One of these days I intend to test ride it at least.
If one was to fit a saree guard..then warranty issues

Do ride the carbon, its lighter and feel more agile than the normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Termignoni is officially sold by Ducati worldwide. So not sure why the warranty would be impacted by putting it on.

Or am in overlooking some facts?
That is abroad, but in India they create issues, so it is best to find out before one gets a shock. BMW is the only company i know off that maintains warranty if one has put Akrapovic full system also.
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:49   #117
BHPian

Hi again Outofthebox, I have installed the FT bars (images attached). The kit came with the requisite bracket which includes a new mount for the speedo and all required bolts. The whole job took about an hour. I have not had a chance to use it much due to the rain but will revert with riding impressions soon. Have also attached some images of the other mods. Still waiting to install the crash bobbin for the engine.
Attached Thumbnails
First Ride - Ducati Scrambler-img_3775.jpg  

First Ride - Ducati Scrambler-img_3777.jpg  

First Ride - Ducati Scrambler-img_3778.jpg  

First Ride - Ducati Scrambler-img_3779.jpg  

First Ride - Ducati Scrambler-img_3780.jpg  

Ragtop is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 16:20   #118
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Ducati Scrambler Classic, Full Throttle launched in India

Source: Autocar India

Quote:

Ducati Scrambler Classic: The Scrambler Classic is equipped with a slightly higher-mounted handlebar, but retains the same round headlight with an LED ring. What sets this bike apart is its old-school design language, such as the thick black stripe running down its tank and the brown saddle with a grab handle concealed just below it. The Classic is equipped with spoked wheels that hold Pirelli dual sport tyres in place, up front and at the back. The Classic is also equipped with front and rear aluminum mudguards adding to its vintage appearance. Apart from these features, the Scrambler Classic features the usual LCD console and an under-seat USB connection.

Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle: As the name suggests, ‘Full Throttle’ is how Ducati presents the quick version of its Scrambler. As we know, all Ducati Scramblers, be it the Icon or even the Urban Enduro are equipped with the same engine. The handlebars on the Full Throttle are flatter and lower than the other variants. This Scrambler gets blacked out, 10-spoke alloy wheels and a number plate mount which extends out from the alloy swingarm. There’s also an upmarket Termignoni exhaust with a dual outlet. The entire bike has a dark look to it with yellow colour painted on the tank and on either side of its black saddle.

Attached Thumbnails
First Ride - Ducati Scrambler-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150622031310_unnamed.jpg  

First Ride - Ducati Scrambler-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150622031309_classicdett1_img.jpg  

First Ride - Ducati Scrambler-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150622031904_dzc.jpg  

Old 22nd June 2015, 22:43   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Hi again Outofthebox, I have installed the FT bars (images attached)
Hey Ragtop, thanks for sharing the updates. Your FT bar looks cool indeed, the cables are looking tidier than stock and so are your other accessories. I did nearly identical updates over the weekend - the Evotech stuff - spindle bobbins, oil filter & engine guard etc. handlebar, Extenda Fenda (I went for the Stick Fit Tesa adhesive version). Will do the crash bobbin later since I didn't have an appropriate torque wrench and I didn't want to deviate from the recommended torque values for that critical engine load bearing bolt.

The shorter and slightly inward curved handlebar has made the Icon feel so much more manoeuvrable. The Renthal is much lighter and shorter than the stock one & enables a much better arm position. I'm sure the FT bar is similar.

Here are the OEM vs Renthal side by side:
First Ride - Ducati Scrambler-renthalvsstock.png
outofthebox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 10:36   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Ragtop, thanks for sharing the updates.
Attachment 1384946
Hey, that is exactly the reason I have not installed my Crash Bobbins yet, let me know when you do find out the torque specs and I will do the same..

The FT bars are as wide as the original but seem to be more comfortable, only a long ride will tell...

Most Viewed