Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2017, 09:26   #16
BHPian

I do not know of anyone who has made a purchase from Dream Suzuki. I had visited them for a test ride on the GSX S 1000. At least from the test ride experience, I can say that this is not a professional place capable of processing a 16Lacs deal, definitely not at par with any car dealership operating in similar price bracket.
You need to really tone down you expectations before visiting them. For one, they don't really trust that people would come in and buy bikes unless they are friends of the managers or any cool looking (seemingly hanging out without purpose) dude at the showroom. Unless that is the case, please do not state outright that you have arrived to check out a Superbike. Stay with the scooty etc and gently propose that you are really keen to pay them Lacs if they would allow you to be the purchaser of a Superbike. If the owner / managers of the place are in a relaxed mood, they might tell you the ex showroom price. At that point show them your checkbook. If things go alright, you may even get a ballpark estimate of on road price. Don't talk about loans etc, the management friends (real buyers) don't do these things, so you too better not.

All in all, the pre and post sales experience will be more similar to buying drugs off the back alley than buying a large loud and flamboyant Superbike.
sen2009 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 22:39   #17
BHPian

Both these bikes are real hooligan bikes , have seen a few videos on YouTube of guys pulling wheelies and stoppies on these bikes, it's like these bikes are made for fun, unfortunately like most superbike dealerships the buying and servicing experience can be quiet appalling ,its a given that your service experience will be lacking especially because of lack of even basic regular consumables and inexperienced service personnel.It will be another 10 years before you can expect decent service back up and experience as the market has just started to grow, in the mean time , like I have mentioned on multiple occasion on this forum , it will serve the owner well to acquire basic technical skills so that the routine stuff can be handled without needing to visit the asc for everything. Just a thought.
cjt2012 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 22:58   #18
BHPian

Re: Suzuki GSX-1000 and GSX-1000F launched in India

I have a friend who owns a Hayabusa. From the day his warranty expired his support needs are met by a mechanic (more like a hobbyist) from biking circle. He procures most of the required parts through aliexpress (critical ones from more reputed US or Euro sources) and hands them over to his guy for installation.

I have had several discussions with him regarding the quality concerns of this method as I am royally afraid of servicing a Superbike with Chinese parts and hobby technicians.

He said two things. One, in most cases the "so to speak" authorized representatives also procure duplicate parts from china and sell them at original pricing. Second, they have no real clue about how to do anything more than oil change on these bikes. The technicians are paid pretty much at the same level as any other technician in commuter bike service. There is no selection method, IQ filtering or any evaluation for that matter to identify technicians who could graduate to Superbikes. The parent companies rarely organize any meaningful technical training for these technicians. Sometimes they organize video conferences, but the academically underprivileged technicians don't really get much help from those.

So in the end, parts are sourced from a known source and are installed by someone who is capable of following YouTube instructionals. This works out to be a most reliable method if the buyer can be his own mechanic or can find a good friend.

A prospective buyer needs to keep this in mind.

As of now, Ducati, Harley Davidson, Triumph and Kawasaki have started operating exclusive Superbike sales and service lines. While some of the aforementioned concerns remain true for these brands as well, still there is a glimmer of hope. At least these brands have understood that a dedicated operation is needed and is worthy of investment. One can hope that they will build up in the right direction.

Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki are still very reluctant to invest in proper dealerships and service stations. At my level, I can only speak to the dealers and they have absolutely no conviction that the Superbike class has any commercial future in India. I cannot say what the brands think, but I am sure that not much encouragement is flowing down from their side.

Suzuki has started assembling an iconic bike like the Busa in India to focus on volumes and make the pricing affordable. It totally beats me whenthey do not recruit even one dealer in Mumbai who could keep a new Hayabusa for display. The nearest thing to a test ride one can get on Hayabusa in Mumbai is pleading for a pillion ride on a bike owned by dealership owner's friend, this will happen (if and when it happens) at a time and place of dealer's choosing.

A moment of silence is deserved by the GSX S1000 too. The GSX S1000 could easily become the best seller in the +/- 15 Lacs bracket. Given its tractability, comfortable seating, liter class madness and a truly remarkable engine, this could become every Sunday Rider's wet dream, but won't.

Could it get any sadder?
sen2009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 23:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
All in all, the pre and post sales experience will be more similar to buying drugs off the back alley than buying a large loud and flamboyant Superbike.
Having been to this showroom a few times, I can completely relate with this. Although I always visited to buy riding gear for either me or a friend, I could see the way customers were dealt with. To me, it seemed more like a riding gear store with maybe a bike or two on display every now and then rather than being a superbike showroom. Also, I have seen the dealership manager (maybe owner) ride around his own bike and customer bikes which had come in for service without any riding gear, not even a helmet, in and around the area. And this wasn't an one-off situation. Since I used to live very close to the dealership, I saw this happening multiple times. Looking at how things work here, I wouldn't be comfortable in giving them any more money than what I would pay for my riding gear and just take the gear away!
Old 20th April 2017, 13:24   #20
BHPian

Hello guys,

Thanks for responding to my post.

I wouldnt complain about the staff there namely Abhay and Malcome. They were fine and even sent me a TD bike to my desired location. Yes initially they are a bit cold, I guess because many people walk in for time-pass. But after diligent follow up and some names dropping related to the owner and also talking about my bike, the guys took me seriously and sent me a bike for a TD.

However, the bike was in terrible shape. My initial feel with the bike put me off completely. While youtube videos and online forums speak highly about the bike, I cant believe anyone until I feel good on the bike myself. Especially a bike that's so expensive and one that I intend to keep for at-least 5 years.

The tires were soft, cracked and out of shape. They had 18000+ kms on them. The handle bar was bent to the left and I had a pain in my left arm just trying to get the bike to behave. The chassis seemed bent, bike probably dropped more than once.

I ride a CB1000 and everyone knows its hard to beat the butter smoothness of a Honda. From a well run-in Honda machine to riding a beaten up TD bike, I thought i had just done a crossfit workout.

While one cannot expect a TD bike to be in prime condition, this one just put me off completely. The bike in question is the V-strom. I think I will wait for the Africa Twin.
Old 20th April 2017, 22:57   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinwadhwani View Post
Hello guys,

The tires were soft, cracked and out of shape.
Sorry, I meant the tires had hardened up, cracked and out of shape.
Old 22nd March 2018, 15:07   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki GSX-R1000R price reduced by Rs. 2.2 lakhs after tax cut.

Quote:
The GSX-R1000R was earlier priced at Rs 22.5 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) and will now be priced at Rs. 20.3 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi0

link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks