Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2015, 19:00   #16
BHPian

Re: My experience at the California Superbike School, New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
We did. This is Hyperion from ex-BHP.
Ah, Didnt know you were the one hiding behind the Celestial Object. Great to catch up!. Havent seen you ride for quite a long time, thou!

Last edited by JayKis : 17th June 2015 at 19:01.
JayKis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 21:17   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
Ah, Didnt know you were the one hiding behind the Celestial Object. Great to catch up!. Havent seen you ride for quite a long time, thou!
Haha. Still riding. Just stopped posting about it on Forums now
Old 17th June 2015, 23:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:

Everytime I go there, my speed increases! . Everytime you do it, you identify different sort of weaknesses and then mitigate them. It is an ever continuous learning process.This time the objective was to move to a bigger bike- 250cc to a 1000! There is no better and controlled environment to get used to the big bike. They are pricey but they also ensure that no morons run into you which could be challenging if you go for a normal track day. It is worth the money!
Totally agree with you.

How did it compare riding 250 vs liter class? I rde my 600 on the tracks, but when I rode my buddies 250 I felt so much better in terms of throttle control and more confidence in handling it since its lighter. Just curious to know your take.

Note from Support - Post edited to correct spelling errors. Please preview your post before submitting to ensure they are free of any errors and kindly type in full English only.

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th June 2015 at 10:03.
Old 18th June 2015, 00:11   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Totally agree with you.

How did it compare riding 250 vs lt? I ride my 600 on the tracks, but when I rode my buddies 250 I felt so much better in terms of throttle control and more confidence in handling it since its ligther. Jus curious to know your take.
  • Felt I could go much faster through the corner on the 250. Maybe its the weight of the 1000. May be its in the mind.
  • The throttle makes muchof difference. On the 250, you bang open the throttle once you hit the apex. On the 1000, you are a little hesitant (about if you can make the exit) if you bang the throttle open!
  • 250 loses majorly out on corner exits (because of the lack of power) whereas the 1000 has too much of it.
  • The position isnt supersporty as well on the 250, so some body adjustments are required. The body position on the 1000 is much better.
    Had a set of riser plates on the 250 but they can only do to a small extent.
  • 250 offers only a certain lean angle before the peg touches the ground. The 1000 has much more due to much more rounded and bigger tyres.
  • Overcooking a corner on the 250 is fine but on the 1000 that feeling causes gastric trouble!
  • One could do some grass excursions on the 250, if things go wrong but on the 1000s am not so sure, if that is a good idea.

Last edited by JayKis : 18th June 2015 at 00:13.
JayKis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 11:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great! Hope you had a great time. Once you get the technique corrected speed automatically follows. Are they not offering level 4 in India anymore? I wonder why!
I did enjoy every minute of it. Totally agree, i had increased speed in the three days. i was not confident cornering, that got solved too. I regretted not listening to my friend who did both batches. Hopefully if they come back next year i shall do the course again. Apparently they had the last level 4 training 3 years ago. I do hope they bring it next year. The owner of the track brings them down on his own, no sponsors or anything. I am guessing the expenses would be really high. Level 4 is also for professionals and experienced riders, it does require on coach per rider, which i guess is not feasible as of now.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 07:56   #21
BHPian

Here is a video. It was fun!

And another one from a different angle

Last edited by JayKis : 27th September 2015 at 07:58.
Old 9th January 2020, 12:22   #22
BHPian

just curious , the Chennai track, do they allow off season personal track time? In other words can I take my bike on any day and pay certain amount and use the track for practice?

I am looking to do CSS this year but before that I would like to try the track on my own using my own Bmw 1000RR.

somebody had mentioned that for something like 2K for a 4 hour slot you could use the track.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks