Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2015, 15:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

KTM 1290 Super Duke R, Super Adventure imported into India

KTM currently enjoys a good amount of popularity in the entry level performance motorcycle space in India. However, the Austrian manufacturer has been absent from the superbike segment in our sub-continent. While rumours of the 250 cc Duke and RC coming to India remain ever-present, KTM has imported the 1290 Super Duke R, 1290 Super Adventure to India.

Both models have been imported for type approval - which is generally required before a product can be sold in a given market. The 1290 Super Duke R sits atop KTM's "naked" range, while the 1290 Super Adventure crowns the "adventure" range. The Super Duke R is a naked / street superbike that has been designed for urban usage, while the Super Adventure is built to tackle a variety of terrain conditions.

Both motorcycles are powered by a 1.3L, v-twin, liquid cooled, 4-stroke engine mated with a 6-speed manual transmission. While the Super Duke R produces 177 BHP, the Super Adventure makes just over 158 BHP.

There is no official word on these motorcycles being launched in India, though some media reports state that the bikes will be launched this year. If launched, they will most likely be coming in as direct imports.

Source: Zauba

KTM 1290 Super Duke R, Super Adventure imported into India-1.jpg

KTM 1290 Super Duke R, Super Adventure imported into India-2.jpg

KTM 1290 Super Duke R, Super Adventure imported into India-3.jpg

Last edited by Tushar : 25th June 2015 at 15:34.
Tushar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 03:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: KTM 1290 Super Duke R, Super Adventure imported into India

Am i reading it right. Sub 6L for the super duke. I dont think thats possible. I am sure if this does happen they will cost close to 10 or upward of 15L as a best case

I love that super duke. The raw engine, raw delivery of power is very scary. Unlike a refined R1 or a Fz1 this bike is such a beast.

But would love it if they end up launching the bike at 10-12L.
Old 26th June 2015, 08:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

With a fully functional manufacturing and assembly plant, KTM should at least consider assembling these beasts rather than take the direct import route. KTM in India are known for offering top motorcycle performance and value. At the other end of the price spectrum, I wonder how many are willing to put >10lac on a Austrian motorcycle brand. Competition is good.

That Super Duke looks wicked.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 11:24   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
With a fully functional manufacturing and assembly plant, KTM should at least consider assembling these beasts rather than take the direct import route. KTM in India are known for offering top motorcycle performance and value. At the other end of the price spectrum, I wonder how many are willing to put >10lac on a Austrian motorcycle brand. Competition is good.

That Super Duke looks wicked.
In last couple of years KTM has done a lot and has been largely successful in establishing its brand presence in India. They should be able to sell these crazy super bikes in India with right positioning. Products as such are very competitive in the international market against its similar range competitors who are already in India.
the VTEC guy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed