Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2015, 16:02   #1
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Triumph's most affordable Tiger, the Tiger XR launched in India

Triumph Tiger XR launched at Rs 10.5 lakh

Triumph has just launched its most affordable Tiger yet, the Tiger XR, here in India at 10.5 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Source: Autocar India

Quote:
Triumph’s Tiger 800 XR features a new, technologically advanced ride-by-wire throttle control system which eliminates the usage of mechanical components that perform the same function. Traction control, Triumph's newest feature addition to the Tiger range, is provided here for a smooth ride. The rider's seat height can also be adjusted for comfort.

Triumph equips the Tiger XR with an 800cc, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, three-cylinder engine, which uses a 4 valve per cylinder layout. The engine here is good to produce 94bhp, made at 9,250rpm and a maximum torque of 8.1kgm made at 7,850rpm. The power is transferred to the rear wheel via chain-driven final drive, mated to a six-speed gearbox.

The new Triumph gets a set of 10-spoke, cast aluminium alloy wheels. The front wheel is 19 inches wide, an extra 2 inches on the rear one, to provide good balance for off-roading. Front suspension here is Showa-made 43mm USD forks with 180mm of travel, and the rear receives a Showa monoshock with hydraulically adjustable preload system. Triumph provides twin 308mm disc brakes up front and a single 255mm disc at rear, both equipped with a switchable ABS braking system.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph's most affordable Tiger, the Tiger XR launched in India-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150730035323_saf.jpg  

Triumph's most affordable Tiger, the Tiger XR launched in India-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150730035321_hs.jpg  

//M is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 17:49   #2
BHPian

Re: Triumph's most affordable Tiger, the Tiger XR launched in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Triumph Tiger XR launched at Rs 10.5 lakh

Triumph has just launched its most affordable Tiger yet, the Tiger XR, here in India at 10.5 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Source: Autocar India
Whoa! that bike looks so tall!
I don't know why but I don't like the head-lamp designs of most of these Adventure bikes.
But such type of bikes are really suited to our moon-like crater infested roads in India which pop up during monsoons.

A bit After today's 'event' Triumph actually brought the 'Tiger' in India! So what if that is not what we all wanted!
Old 30th July 2015, 18:34   #3
BANNED

It might be my next bike some time later , unless we find out power is lower than claimed some time later.
Moreover lot of these will be available in 2nd market in year or two as lot of big credit card will buy them and later find out they have no time to go anywhere. That would be right sort of time to get her home for me.
Old 30th July 2015, 21:07   #4
BHPian

compared to XRx i've heard this one doesnt have ride modes (rain, adventure, road), no cruise control, no trip meter or on board computer, and no maps. Can anyone verify?
Old 31st July 2015, 02:51   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
compared to XRx i've heard this one doesnt have ride modes (rain, adventure, road), no cruise control, no trip meter or on board computer, and no maps. Can anyone verify?
Yes that is true, albeit it does have a basic on-board trip computer. IMO i think its better to go with the XRx and getting all the extra features that you have mentioned at a very reasonable price. The XR feels like a stripped down version in comparison to the XRx. After spending 10.5L its worth spending another 1L and going for the XRx, which retails at 11.6L ex-showroom.

Last edited by sapeco : 31st July 2015 at 02:55. Reason: text
Old 31st July 2015, 13:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Yes, but necessities like ABS and Traction Control are there.
Old 31st July 2015, 14:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

The XR, XRx and XRc should be around INR 11.5 to 15 lacs on road Bombay. It has ABS, traction control (XR) and riding modes (XRx and XRc all three). All models have a 800 cc three cylinder engine.

For people who want this sort of a motorcycle and possibly are not into hardcore mountain climbing , would the Kawasaki Versys 1000 not be a better option? Especially, when you consider it has a 1000 cc inline 4 engine which should be more powerful as well. It has all the goodies ABS, traction control, riding modes and is priced around INR 14.5 lacs approximately on road Bombay. This may be a better option than the XRx and XRc which are much closer price wise.

This may be considered off topic, but, I feel it is relevant to what one may purchase with similar attributes and price points.

What do you guys think?

Cheers
Old 1st August 2015, 00:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Especially, when you consider it has a 1000 cc inline 4 engine which should be more powerful as well
Even in US with roads far safer from cows, dogs and fellow humans roaming freely to keep you alert all the time, 1000cc bike is just an overkill for anything other than a track. Even that lets say a track like the one in Chennai an R6 will potentially match or beat the R1 time for there are few places to get the mill to work to its full extent.

Except for smug value, a 1L is not going to bring a huge difference.

Heck i dont even have a race spec bike but a Fz6r and i can hardly push it for the speed limit is exactly 96kmph. I initially was trying to go after the Fz1 but now i know it makes no sense when you cant even push the 600cc now.

In fact i feel the KTM 390 is the best bike period for many of the requirements. But opinion differs.

This tiger is great but again the pricing is just keeping it away from reach for many of us. At that price point you start wondering whats a better buy for complete use.

I am just wondering whats going on with Yamaha not to introduce the 600 inlines in india. Its a shame to keep the R6 or Fz6R away from our market which will have more sales.

R6 is a stonker of a bike only bettered by the R1 IMHO. With so many mods available including exhaust and ecu mods the R6 is a dream to ride and i wish Yamaha provides a cheaper option to own them.
Old 5th September 2015, 20:53   #9
BHPian

I have a Kawasaki ER6n, and swear by Kawasaki quality and reliability, but today, when I sat on the XRx, I was totally sold. The 810 mm seat is very comfortable for even a short rider like me, and the accessory seat that lowers the saddle height to 790 mm will make it way more comfortable. I am 5'7", and this bike doesn't feel intimidating at all. My wife just climbed the bike behind me (it is like getting on to a horse for the pillion rider), but I didn't have a problem handling her weight. The cycle parts are really superb, and the pillion seat has really big grab handles. The Xr is available for an on-road price of about 12.6 L in Bangalore, whereas the XRx is 13.5 L.

I really can't think of another new bike right now, but if I were alone (and the wife hadn't been badgering me to buy a Bonnie or a Kawasaki Vulcan 650), I would not have thought twice before plonking my money on this 800 cc three cylinder bike. I am unable to concentrate on anything now after just having sat on the bike.

(I just sat on the bike, didn't test ride it...so dunno what will happen when I actually do that. If the ER6n is like a Mitsubishi Cedia, mental and fast, this is like a Mitsubishi Pajero, both fast and with a lot of ground clearance and solid build.)
Oreen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 10:59   #10
BHPian

OT. @ Oreen - Pajero is fast? LOL

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks