Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2015, 14:05   #16
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 5th August 2015 at 09:26.
dilipkumar7278 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th August 2015, 14:35   #17
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Not good pricing IMO but its cheapest Inline4 faired motorcycle in India right now.
I believe it will cost 9L OTR Bangalore.

People will buy at this price since its faired motorcycle aka dhoom bike
What about the Benelli 600 GT?
Old 4th August 2015, 14:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Another disappointing Launch with that price tag.
8.5L or so on road mumbai means its on to the pre-owned market for the 650F buyers.
With accessories your 650F would nearly touch 10L easy.
Iif you hunt well a good 2010/11 1000rr, Ducati 848evo, 09' Hayabusa, Gixxer1000 or any liter bikes with accessories sounds like a bloody good deal compared to the 650f.
danlalan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 14:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

People wanted it to be priced below 8 lac and they did it. I think this is good for a 4 cylinder bike.

What access would one need? Maybe a better/louder silencer?
jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 16:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

Price in Chennai confirmed at 8.06L OTR. Confirmed at dealer launch.
Old 4th August 2015, 16:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

This is the time for Benelli to really bring it home. A faired version of their 600i with some clip-ons even @ 50000 extra will have our fairing hungry junta line up for it

If this does happen; I bet they wont be able to produce these fast enough
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 16:59   #22
BHPian

Its a big NO from me too to the CBR650F. I was really hoping to see Honda come up with a cracker of a price after knowing the assembly/manufacturing plans.

The Ninja650R is only about a $1000 away from the CBR650F in all the markets where they are on sale. It is only India where Honda wants to always cash in a wee bit more. There is just no logical comparison between the $1000 and the 2 plus lacs of price difference between the 2 bikes. Clearly shows the commitment towards Indian customers from Honda motorcycle India.

Utterly disappointed with that price. The wait for more cylinders just got longer.
doctorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 17:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
its cheapest Inline4 faired motorcycle in India right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
You missed the word 'faired' in his post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
This is the time for Benelli to really bring it home. A faired version of their 600i with some clip-ons even @ 50000 extra will have our fairing hungry junta line up for it
Come on guys, we already have the Benelli TNT 600 GT, the cheapest i-4 faired motorcyle in India at less than 6L ex-showroom

Last edited by GKR9900 : 4th August 2015 at 17:45.
Old 4th August 2015, 17:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Come on guys, we already have the Benelli TNT 600 GT, the cheapest i-4 faired motorcyle in India at 5.6L ex-showroom
Its a half fairing mate, unlike the Honda's fully faired number

Regardless; the fairing on the GT is far from sporty and actually looks quite bulbous. The Fairing that the market IMO wants should be:

- Sexy, sharp, sporty, making the bike look streamlined and not "Stephanie Broadchest" (thank you for that, Mr. Bond)
- A full fairing. None of the Half / semi faired versions qualify

In short; the fairing must give the bike the look & appeal we all associate with a Sportbike. Everything else is moot
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 17:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Why is no one comparing price to the STriple which is still insanely priced and about 7 horses short?
I feel Ninja is one step below the CBR with its twin cylinder, non ABS version and now also looks very dated. Unless manufacturers consider full scale production, I don't think super-biking is meant to be affordable.

I checked both CBR today and STriple today. Apart from the lower weight, I don't see anything to justify a lakh over the CBR. The Honda factory team was at the launch and they spoke about their commitment to the segment with support and spares. Let's hope they keep the promise.

Hoping to test ride both and decide. The exhaust note of the CBR is just sweet in person, no video can replicate that.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 4th August 2015 at 18:00.
mail4ajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 18:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I checked both CBR today and STriple today. Apart from the lower weight, I don't see anything to justify a lakh over the CBR. .
STriple is around 61K more than the CB650. For that difference you get a better fork with some more electronic gizmos.

Since I have not followed much of CB650 will reserve my comments on the features it comes with.
Old 4th August 2015, 18:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Its a big NO from me too to the CBR650F. I was really hoping to see Honda come up with a cracker of a price after knowing the assembly/manufacturing plans.
Patwantador, You will have to wait for the honda price cut

They will realise their folly and then we will make jolly.
Old 4th August 2015, 19:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
STriple is around 61K more than the CB650. For that difference you get a better fork with some
OTR difference is about 1.06L in Chennai. Triple definitely feels much lighter. Its quite evident when you take the bike off the stand. For me it's as tall as the CBR. Was told not possible to reduce height but optional 20mm lower seat available for 10K. CBR has rear adjustable shock which can be brought down or up.
Features wise, apart from standard ABS, CBR doesn't have much to offer. No USD shocks either.

Triumph Chennai is well established. Sold quite a few bikes and service center also seems to be running fine. Lots of bikes in service. Has 4 technicians. Honda on the other hand has only one service person for Chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Patwantador, You will have to wait for the honda price cut

They will realise their folly and then we will make jolly.
The factory team seems confident on the prices saying the product is premium and promises to provide full service and spare support. The head of production was present and he said there is a separate line and each piece is hand build with care.
Old 4th August 2015, 19:50   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post

The Ninja650R is only about a $1000 away from the CBR650F in all the markets where they are on sale. It is only India where Honda wants to always cash in a wee bit more. There is just no logical comparison between the $1000 and the 2 plus lacs of price difference between the 2 bikes. Clearly shows the commitment towards Indian customers from Honda motorcycle India.

Utterly disappointed with that price. The wait for more cylinders just got longer.
Sir, the difference between the Ninja 650 and the ABS CBR650F is around $1500 in the US. I think its $7400 for ninja vs $8900 for the CBR. I am in no way justifying it.

Regards
Rachit
Old 4th August 2015, 20:06   #30
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

This is one shocker of a price. OTR 9 lakhs is definitely expensive and a lakh more than what anyone would have expected. The price would have been justified if the bike had features like ABS, USD forks etc. Agreed that a lot of first time owners would have been dying to get their hands on a fully faired sports bike under 10L - including me. But then if the price is not justified and you are not getting what others are offering at the same price - I guess the only option left now is to wait or go for a non faired / naked bikes like the ST, Benelli or the Zs. And waiting does not seem to be an option since we are not seeing any other sub 10L bikes coming soon.

Long Live Benelli 600, Kawasaki Z800 and Triumph ST until then

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks