Team-BHP - Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/167736-kawasaki-versys-650-coming-india-3.html)

When I'd visited them a month back- I was told that it will be launched in Q1 of FY2016.

Quote:

i went to KTM Indiranagar this evening and asked about the Versys 650 and they've no clue when it's going to be launched. they were like maybe mid of next year - maybe. asked about ABS - we're not sure.
Quote:

When I'd visited them a month back- I was told that it will be launched in Q1 of FY2016.
Thats so sad if true. Was really hoping for "around diwali" launch. If its not, i will be very tempted for the scrambler, put a windshield and do some jugaad for carrying luggage. Still keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless.... (Post 3825979)
Some Info on The Versys

Source- www.maxabout.com

this is odd. the Ninja 650 has the same 649cc power plant, but generates 72.1hp @ 8500rpm. the Versys gets only 68.1? detuned?

Quote:

Originally Posted by daretodream (Post 3826662)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nasirkaka (Post 3826955)
Thats so sad if true. Was really hoping for "around diwali" launch. If its not, i will be very tempted for the scrambler, put a windshield and do some jugaad for carrying luggage. Still keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

i think they're generally clueless about these things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 3826991)
this is odd. the Ninja 650 has the same 649cc power plant, but generates 72.1hp @ 8500rpm. the Versys gets only 68.1? detuned?

Its not so much detuned and differently tuned and mapped.

A close friend of mine who owns a Ninja 650 did a longish ride on a rented Versys 650 and came away very impressed. You cannot feel the lack of those 4 horses in real world riding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 3826991)
but generates 72.1hp @ 8500rpm. the Versys gets only 68.1? detuned?

nothing odd to be honest, for a tourer all that matters is torque and how low in its RPM its available for use.

Test rode the tiger XRx this Sunday. with seat height of 810mm, i could not fully place both my feet on the ground. i am 5'9". Am wondering how much of a difference would it make on Versys with seat height at 840mm.

The seat height on 650 and 1000 is the same(840mm). I sat on the Versys 1000 and it was ok. I could put both my feet half down. I think on level ground this is fine but on uneven ground it could be a different story. My height is 174cm.

Excited about the bike like any 42 year old kid. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nasirkaka (Post 3826955)

I visited the Kawasaki showroom this evening. The sales person (John) confirmed that Versys 650 will be launched definitely before end of this year, maybe even sooner. He mentioned that the homologation is already complete.

So, a Diwali launch can be expected.

Cheers.

Quote:

The seat height on 650 and 1000 is the same(840mm). I sat on the Versys 1000 and it was ok. I could put both my feet half down. I think on level ground this is fine but on uneven ground it could be a different story. My height is 174cm.
Versys stand for versatile system and the bike is positioned as an all rounder, where its suppose to be at home in wilderness as well as cities. Wondering how it would fare in our Indian city scenarios, with a weight of 215 kgs and seat height of 84cms. Would definitely require some unlearning and learning.

Quote:

I visited the Kawasaki showroom this evening. The sales person (John) confirmed that Versys 650 will be launched definitely before end of this year, maybe even sooner. He mentioned that the homologation is already complete.

So, a Diwali launch can be expected.
Yay! :) The sooner the better. Been waiting for a while now.

The salesperson (Mr.Salman) in Kawasaki Bund Garden Pune showroom told me that the Versys 650 ain't coming anytime soon, not for a year atleast !

This guy was rude and had too much attitude, didn't respond well to any of my questions. He didn't even bothered to tell me the details of the Ninja 650 for which I had enquired. Moreover, no display bikes at the showroom. Only a Ninja 300 and a dozen KTM's.

Here in Pune, the Ninja 300, ER6N and Ninja 650 are sold via a KTM-Kawasaki dealer and other 800cc plus imports are sold by a dedicated Kawasaki showroom which shares premises with a dedicated KTM showroom and a separate Bajaj showroom. So in most probability the Versys 650 will also be sold via the same KTM-Kawasaki dealer with such arrogant staff. Bad experience !

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 3833688)
The salesperson (Mr.Salman) in Kawasaki Bund Garden Pune showroom told me that the Versys 650 ain't coming anytime soon, not for a year atleast !

This guy was rude and had too much attitude, didn't respond well to any of my questions. He didn't even bothered to tell me the details of the Ninja 650 for which I had enquired. Moreover, no display bikes at the showroom. Only a Ninja 300 and a dozen KTM's.

Here in Pune, the Ninja 300, ER6N and Ninja 650 are sold via a KTM-Kawasaki dealer and other 800cc plus imports are sold by a dedicated Kawasaki showroom which shares premises with a dedicated KTM showroom and a separate Bajaj showroom. So in most probability the Versys 650 will also be sold via the same KTM-Kawasaki dealer with such arrogant staff. Bad experience !

I heard that the Pune Kawasaki dealer is shutting down and the bangalore dealer is taking over. Any truth to that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by djpeesh (Post 3833715)
I heard that the Pune Kawasaki dealer is shutting down and the bangalore dealer is taking over. Any truth to that?

No idea about this, but if Khivraj guys are opening shop in Pune as well then the experience won't be any better. Too many complaints against Khivraj Kawasaki in the forum itself !

Quote:

then that confirms what i heard from the KTM showroom - we can expect it sometime in mid next year.

Quote:

up to the Ninja 650, the Kawasakis are sold in the KTM outlet. they don't care about the Kawasakis though, sale of KTMs has gotten them too thick-headed. i too faced a cold shoulder when i went to enquire about my Ninja 650 and now recently the Versys 650. they don't even talk properly - it's like they're doing us a favour.

i thought this attitude thing was only at this outlet; looks like this is more widespread phenomenon.

Quote:

From my sources, I have been told that bookings might be accepted by the 3rd or 4th week of October with an amount of 50000. Bike would be in Black, the same color as that of Versys 1000. I was told that ABS will be standard and pricing would be in the range of 700 to 740K (On Road).

A few more days and we should be knowing the finer print details as well.
No LT Version that means you will have to buy the panniers separately.
Hi Ku69rd..

Any update from your sources on the launch / booking? October is almost gone, and there is no buzz/ news. On contrary now there is talk of "may be next yea"r. This is so so disheartening. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by nasirkaka (Post 3836552)
Hi Ku69rd..

Any update from your sources on the launch / booking? October is almost gone, and there is no buzz/ news. On contrary now there is talk of "may be next yea"r. This is so so disheartening. :(

Last I heard from the Bangalore Showroom guys - "very soon" - on my FB inquiry . I\'m waiting for the prices to be announced.