Team-BHP - Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/167736-kawasaki-versys-650-coming-india-4.html)

Quote:

Last I heard from the Bangalore Showroom guys - "very soon" - on my FB inquiry . I'm waiting for the prices to be announced.
Even i inquired on the kawa FB page and was told that most likely it would be launched by dec end across country. So Diwali launch is almost surely ruled out. sigh! :(

Have mentally given myself time till this year end, if its not launched, will be trying for tiger or hyperstrada. Hopefully by then, i would have saved some more to reduce the loan burden. :)

I had been to the Bangalore (100 ft rd Indiranagar) showroom again last Friday evening and seems the showroom folks are either confused without any information or are withholding some info on purpose. First, I was surprised to see only the H2 & the Z1000 - the Versys 1000 on display was apparently sent to the Cochin showroom. The the guy tells me "NO, no V650 launch... maybe next year..." with a pretty dead flat tone, no greetings either.

I'm surprised Kawasaki folks don't tell their showroom folks how to represent their brand - one with great history, masterpieces of engineering, a company that manufactures motorcycles with a passion. I certainly did not feel welcome there... Anyway, I didn't expect much courtesy, taking cue from the lackadaisical attitude of the salespersons.

Then, as if to turn tables, the lady at the counter told me YES! they have plans to launch the V650 soon. Surprised be me! So two stories between the only two folks at the showroom except for the nonchalant window cleaner tells us that there's something cooking at Kawasaki... may be they want to keep it under wraps, or really there are no plans till 2016? I guess unless we hear from a reliable or official source, we will have to WAIT.

Kawasaki folks - if you're reading this, don't make us wait :D Spill the beans already. Ducati is tempting us, but we are waiting for you!

Quote:

Ducati is tempting us, but we are waiting for you!
True that! Company such as Kawasaki are in a niche market and not mass and should be a bit user concerned, which includes giving true information. Either the company representative should say that they are not suppose to reveal/mention any dates, or give a true picture. Not much point misleading customers with may be this year, probably early next year, round the corner during diwali, mid 2016, etc.. All we know for fact is that the bike was imported many months back for homologation, and even from indian standards, the process would have been done and dusted with. Hope there is some reliable news soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawan_dubey (Post 3839028)
I'm surprised Kawasaki folks don't tell their showroom folks how to represent their brand - one with great history, masterpieces of engineering, a company that manufactures motorcycles with a passion. I certainly did not feel welcome there... Anyway, I didn't expect much courtesy, taking cue from the lackadaisical attitude of the salespersons.

Quite the opposite that I experienced couple of weeks ago in the same showroom.
The bikes including the Versys 1000 was being washed outside on occasion of Puja when I was walking past. Stopped and started chatting with the showroom in charge and he answered all my questions without any issues and also invited me for one of their Sunday rides.

According to him the Versys 650 should be out this month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 3839197)
The bikes including the Versys 1000 was being washed outside on occasion of Puja when I was walking past. Stopped and started chatting with the showroom in charge and he answered all my questions without any issues and also invited me for one of their Sunday rides.

According to him the Versys 650 should be out this month.

I guess the showroom folks are accustomed to sizing up people on the basis of their appearance... Or maybe it was the fact that I drooled oodles of saliva in front of the H2 - what a machine that is! - I dared not touch :D

Quote:

Thats the issue.. They are not consistent with their comments and keep confusing us. if not soon, they may definitely loose a few customers.

Kawasaki Versys 650 to launch this December

The Versys 650 will be launched by Dec 2015, reports Autocar India. No confirmation yet about ABS being standard though.

Source: ACI

Quote:

Credible sources now confirm Kawasaki is all set to launch the motorcycle around December.

From what we know now, the new Kawasaki will only be available in a black or green colour, missing out on white.

The Kawasaki Versys 650 is powered by a 649cc, parallel-twin, four-stroke, liquid-cooled fuel-injected engine. The engine has a four valve per cylinder layout and houses dual overhead camshafts. It produces 68.1bhp of power at 8,500rpm and peak torque of 6.5kgm at 7,000rpm.

The Kawasaki Versys 650 has upside-down forks in front, an off-set rear monoshock and alloy swingarm. As for the brakes, it gets dual petal discs upfront and a single rotor disc brake at rear.

Couple of days back Autocar magazine confirmed that the Versys 650 is going to launch this December. Kawasaki has already imported 60 units through CKD, looks like we might be in for a surprise, we might get three Colours, they have imported 3 sets of 20 ckd kits while in case of ninja and er6n its 40 CKD kits. This just a guess. The best part is it will have ABS and will start selling it sooner than we thought. clap:
Source: Zauba. have attached screenshot of the same.

This is awesome. Will be the number one sports tourer to get in the country. Finally people are waking up.

Not bad. Kawi are giving ABS. Hopefully they launch the Ninja 650 with ABS as well.

Should be perfect for Ladakh. Or potholed/ over-humped Bangalore roads :D

great news!!

most likely i will try for one of them. From past experience with a first lot C5 and a 1st lot 390, head says to wait for the model to settle in, but will go with the heart and take my chances. Its a year old production in international market and hopefully most of he initial hiccups would have been sorted.

Almost every single international review says this is the best version of the versys ever. Here's hoping they bring in those superb saddle bags and hand guards as accessories for an lt version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nasirkaka (Post 3845468)
great news!!

most likely i will try for one of them. From past experience with a first lot C5 and a 1st lot 390, head says to wait for the model to settle in, but will go with the heart and take my chances. Its a year old production in international market and hopefully most of he initial hiccups would have been sorted.

Settle in? This has been burning the tarmac for ages now. The upgrades are all incremental in nature. Colors, plastics and things on those lines. Plus it is a Japanese. Plus it is not made in India. The only problem that one will face with this one is the service that Khivraj will provide which will make people want to tear up all the hair they have..on their head !

Quote:

Settle in? This has been burning the tarmac for ages now. The upgrades are all incremental in nature. Colors, plastics and things on those lines. Plus it is a Japanese. Plus it is not made in India. The only problem that one will face with this one is the service that Khivraj will provide which will make people want to tear up all the hair they have..on their head !
what i meant was 2015 v650 is very much different then its previous vesions including engine tweaks, maps, both suspension, sub frame, new front end, fairings, brakes, etc. So in a way this new model has substantial amount of new stuff aka major upgrade to be age tested.
for service, autoservice at banashankari could be better option. heard good things from a n650 owner who was getting major service done. will have to be tried.

Kawasaki India website under construction at the moment (12/11/15 9.42 PM). Could this be a website update for the Versys? :D