Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2015, 14:23   #16
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawan_dubey View Post
Absolutely! The V650, is not just a 'fast bike' to zip around vary city folks... For me, it's ideal to travel with my wife one up pillion with enough power on tap. I would put my money on Japanese engineering than the Italians or the Chinese. I would like to cover kms faster. currently I putter around 90-100 kmph on my RE C5. No complaints whatsoever because my bike has taken us both across the length & breadth of this beautiful country, that being said, we want to cover distance faster. We want to be able to ride to Goa from Bangalore without 10 hrs of Saddle sore for the pillion We want to carry enough luggage and tour the country, and may be even cross borders...
Buy a car

Any bike will give you saddle sore after 10 hours mate. I avoided saddle sore by using bicycle shorts, an airhawk and a king and queen seat on my Bonnie. Even then it was tiring and after 12 hours of riding, I was ready to call it a day, everyday.
Old 8th October 2015, 14:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Thats the best news I have heard. Its the same 650 engine, EXCEPT THAT you can now jump foot paths, climb stairs, stand up over rumblers, jump over speedbreakers and drive regardless of surface potholes. Do Srinagar- Leh in one day, Leh- Manali the next...
I hope the suspension is how you describe it.
Not too sure though, as the travel is only approx 150mm for both front and rear.This is roughly same as the suspension travel of duke 390, which has a GC of about 170mm. my 390 scrapes many speed breakers in Bangalore, the rear shock setting at one less then softest. I hope i am missing something here, could be the GC of versys is much higher than 170mm.

Another point is the seat height which is almost 840mm, may be a bit tall for guys southwards of 5'9". Hope there is an aftermarket seat solution.

For comparison sake, suspension travel for tiger xrx is at approx 180mm and xcx at 210mm + height adjustable sear which can be lowered to about 810mm. i know these bikes are in different league, but just wanted to get an idea of how comfortable the versys is going to be in out typical Indian riding conditions.

Any updates on whether the bike would be launched in India with or without ABS? and hope its diwali and not beyond it.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 16:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Buy a car

Any bike will give you saddle sore after 10 hours mate. I avoided saddle sore by using bicycle shorts, an airhawk and a king and queen seat on my Bonnie. Even then it was tiring and after 12 hours of riding, I was ready to call it a day, everyday.
How many days non-stop did you ride?

I have found that 4 is my upper limit, after which I need to take a rest day.

Rest = the bike saddle and my butt do not come into contact for more than 10-15 minutes at a stretch. To get things fixed. Do some sight seeing. Some shopping for stuff. Strictly that sort of "riding" only.

My secrets are - baby nappy rash cream, full length tights inners, and riding pants. Combination working well. Stock seat.

Last edited by ebonho : 8th October 2015 at 16:19.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 16:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Should be. Since you are getting essentially the exact same N650 with a beefier and longer travelling suspension.

You might also want to add a beefed up rear subframe to boost the luggage carrying capabilities which calls for more engineering work?
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 18:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
How much do you guys think this bike will be priced at? More than the Ninja 650?
Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Should be. Since you are getting essentially the exact same N650 with a beefier and longer travelling suspension.
when i was enquiring about the Ninja 650 i was told that the Versys 650 might come at 7L+ on road. here's a short review on the Versys 650; there's lot to drool on

had this been around when i was looking for a Kawasaki, i would have picked this one instead of the Ninja 650
IronH4WK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 21:11   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
How many days non-stop did you ride?

I have found that 4 is my upper limit, after which I need to take a rest day.

Rest = the bike saddle and my butt do not come into contact for more than 10-15 minutes at a stretch. To get things fixed. Do some sight seeing. Some shopping for stuff. Strictly that sort of "riding" only.

My secrets are - baby nappy rash cream, full length tights inners, and riding pants. Combination working well. Stock seat.
Doc, rode for 6 days non stop. Found that to be my limit. My butt was ok but my knees were shot, but then again, I had knee surgery about 8 years ago and dislocated it 3 years ago in a bike accident in Bangkok (motorcycle taxi) and declined to have patella rebalancing surgery.
djpeesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 11:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Buy a car

Oh really! That's your advice? Buy a car? I wouldn't have been enthusiastically commenting here if I had to buy a cage Trust me, me & my wife are not new to long hours on the road. I personally have done Bangalore - Ahmedabad with only quick breaks to eat - that's 34 hrs of riding. Well different people have different tolerance levels. So give me a V650 and I'll just be missing a pair of wings for take-off. Just kidding bro, in all seriousness, I'm in dire need of a proper tourer that can do about 140 cruising all day and hit the 200 mark for the jollies, and some decent off-road. Certainly not aiming to capture the podium at Dakar lol.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th October 2015 at 12:04. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post.
sawan_dubey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 11:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

ANy update on the launch confirmation and dates? Will it get the ABS (optional?). Will it come with the option of having panniers/ knuckle guard, etc. I am hoping they launch more then one colour. like the matt black option from the 2016 lineup.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2...ours-for-2016/
Old 13th October 2015, 19:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
I am hoping they launch more then one colour. like the matt black option from the 2016 lineup.
/

From my sources, I have been told that bookings might be accepted by the 3rd or 4th week of October with an amount of 50000. Bike would be in Black, the same color as that of Versys 1000. I was told that ABS will be standard and pricing would be in the range of 700 to 740K (On Road).

A few more days and we should be knowing the finer print details as well.
No LT Version that means you will have to buy the panniers separately.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 22:44   #25
BHPian

If that's true then I'm going to be first in queue. Although the tiger XRX still tugs at my heart (and not purse) strings.
Old 14th October 2015, 11:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From my sources, I have been told that bookings might be accepted by the 3rd or 4th week of October with an amount of 50000. Bike would be in Black, the same color as that of Versys 1000. I was told that ABS will be standard and pricing would be in the range of 700 to 740K (On Road).
OTR Price sounds fine to me, and praying the ABS part is true. Dont think we will have luxury of colour options in India. Personally, i would prefer white over black. What is the usual process to procure accessories such as panniers, knuckle guard, protectors, and aux lights? Does the showroom import them and retail?
Quote:
If that's true then I'm going to be first in queue. Although the tiger XRX still tugs at my heart (and not purse) strings.
Same here for the tiger but the price difference is too high to even consider it. XRx is 1421421 OTR and even the basic Xr is 1276500 OTR, Bangalore. May be the next upgrade after Versys. and am sure we willl have many more options at that time.
Old 15th October 2015, 08:35   #27
BHPian

Some Info on The Versys

Source- www.maxabout.com
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India?-img20151014wa0003.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 16th October 2015 at 10:50. Reason: Please always enter the source of image / material
Endless.... is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 11:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

could someone explain in laymans term as how the shocks would be performing over typical broken indian roads. after all its positioned as adventure tourer.

My concern is that versys roughly has similar travel suspension for the front and rear shocks, and also similar GC as the duke 390 which isnt the most comfortable bike and transfers most of the shocks/jitters to the body from the road, inspite of setting the rear suspension on softer side. It also scrapes most of the tall speed humps in Bangalore. Main reason for me going for versys is the ride comfort over the broken roads.
Old 15th October 2015, 20:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
could someone explain in laymans term as how the shocks would be performing over typical broken indian roads. .
That's really a tough question to answer to. From my understanding Adventure Tourers will have slightly softer suspension when you compare them with 650. That should make them more affordable to ride on the broken roads.

But nothing like having a test ride to answer these queries.
Old 15th October 2015, 20:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

i went to KTM Indiranagar this evening and asked about the Versys 650 and they've no clue when it's going to be launched. they were like maybe mid of next year - maybe. asked about ABS - we're not sure.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks