Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2015, 22:31   #61
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
Kawasaki India website under construction at the moment (12/11/15 9.42 PM). Could this be a website update for the Versys?
Sorry to spoil your fun - Site has been down for 2 months now [Check: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...appeared.html]

If they are taking this much time to update the website for Versys, then they've got a serious problem with their web designers
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 11:16   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post

If they are taking this much time to update the website for Versys, then they've got a serious problem with their web designers
As far as I know they are no plans to put that site back up again. Khivraj kawasaki will be the go to site. So behold and prepare for the worst !
Old 13th November 2015, 11:53   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
As far as I know they are no plans to put that site back up again. Khivraj kawasaki will be the go to site. So behold and prepare for the worst !
You really don't like them do you?...Lol. I was told there were some issues with Kawasaki in Pune as well. Hence the operation was moved to Navi Mumbai. Kind of a bummer when dealers associated to great products screw up.
Old 13th November 2015, 14:23   #64
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I was at Khivraj Kawasaki Pune yesterday to see the 2016 Z800 metallic black paint shade in flesh. While interacting with the SP there, I casually inquired about the Versys 650. The SP said the Versys 650 could be here as early as end-Nov or latest by mid-Dec.

The Versys 650 will not be sold via Khivraj Kawasaki as they will sell only 800 cc and above bikes. The 650's, 300's and 250's will be sold via KTM-Kawasaki dealers only. A new KTM-Kawasaki showroom has come up in Pimple Gurav too, owned by Garve Motors.
Old 16th November 2015, 14:05   #65
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Any fresh updates on the launch?

Also, can we make a list of immediate necessary accessories and others on wishlist, so that some ground work can be done on where and how to procure them. please add to the list.

Necessary accessories:
* engine guard / crash guard
* sliders / protectors
* tank protectors/ 3M PPF
* bike cover
Other accessories:
* Knuckle guard
* Panniers
* top box
* Aux lights
* 12V sockets
* center stand
* seat
* lowering kit
* sprockets
Old 19th November 2015, 20:44   #66
Senior - BHPian

To add to the confusion here comes the beneli TRK502.
http://overdrive.in/news/eicma-2015-...ls-the-trk502/

personally, will stick to the V650.
Old 20th November 2015, 09:13   #67

Well boys, the Zigwheels edition in print today confirms that the Versys 650 is to be launched in December this year. So good news for all of you who have been waiting.
I do truly feel that the Versys is a great balance between a tourer/price point/torque/sufficient power... and somewhat city and everyday use too.
Read and saw countless reviews of the bike and am truly convinced that its a great buy!

As for me, I started this thread with trying to find out about the Versys, but went ahead to buy the Scrambler Ducati Icon, a bike that I had my heart set out for right from the first post I saw about it in mid 2014!

As for Benelli vs Kawasaki, for me its a no brainer as their prices are not too far apart and Kawasaki wins hands down in every department, apart from the exhaust note!

Happy riding!
Cheers.
vipinmishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 14:56   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As for me, I started this thread with trying to find out about the Versys, but went ahead to buy the Scrambler Ducati Icon, a bike that I had my heart set out for right from the first post I saw about it in mid 2014!
Hi, is the scrambler delivered to you? If yes, can you please share initial impressions esp wrt suspension, vibes, handling, braking and ergonomics. how would it fare, if one is to occasionally use it for a 4-5 day long ride? Esp the suspension and luggage carrying possibilities.
I love the scrambler too, but was more in favour of versys form touring point. May be i can get the versys now, and next year go for the baby scrambler sixty 2, by selling the 390. talk about being greedy

Quote:
As for Benelli vs Kawasaki, for me its a no brainer as their prices are not too far apart and Kawasaki wins hands down in every department, apart from the exhaust note!
Also in case of V650 vs TRK 502, looks!! The TRK looks really nice in pictures, albeit a copy of bmw GS.
Old 21st November 2015, 11:02   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Hi, is the scrambler delivered to you? If yes, can you please share initial impressions esp wrt suspension, vibes, handling, braking and ergonomics. how would it fare, if one is to occasionally use it for a 4-5 day long ride? Esp the suspension and luggage carrying possibilities.
I love the scrambler too, but was more in favour of versys form touring point. May be i can get the versys now, and next year go for the baby scrambler sixty 2, by selling the 390. talk about being greedy

Also in case of V650 vs TRK 502, looks!! The TRK looks really nice in pictures, albeit a copy of bmw GS.

But the Kawasaki is low on power compared to the Benelli. Also the inline 4 is far smoother at all rpm levels, and unlike the Kawasaki it doesn't have a slight vibration at 4000/4500rpm levels. These two would make the Benelli a better highway tourer compared to the Versys IMO.
Old 21st November 2015, 11:18   #70
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
But the Kawasaki is low on power compared to the Benelli. Also the inline 4 is far smoother at all rpm levels, and unlike the Kawasaki it doesn't have a slight vibration at 4000/4500rpm levels. These two would make the Benelli a better highway tourer compared to the Versys IMO.
Which Benelli are you comparing to? The TRK502 just makes 48PS and 45NM torque, and the TRK502 is also a twin cylinder.
Old 21st November 2015, 11:47   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check this thread out for the Benelli in question, the TRK 502.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ma-2015-a.html
Old 21st November 2015, 12:34   #72
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, 30 min are up so cannot add this to my earlier post.

On topic, I really wish (and wonder why they have not yet) that Kawasaki offered a spoke wheel (19 front, 17 rear) version of the Versys 650 as well.

Just like the Suzuki V Strom 650 XT that comes with spoke wheels, crash guards, bash plate, hard side and rear panniers, etc. 650 cc V twin, 67 odd bhp, 214 kilos.

Here is what I wish the Kawasaki Versys 650 was offered as .....

Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India?-wheel-7.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India?-ark-1.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India?-wheel-6.jpg

P.S. Been hearing about the Suzuki V Strom 650 being launched as well (the 1000 already has). Does anyone have any news on that and whether the XT will also make it here?

Last edited by ebonho : 21st November 2015 at 12:36.
Old 21st November 2015, 15:31   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Which Benelli are you comparing to? The TRK502 just makes 48PS and 45NM torque, and the TRK502 is also a twin cylinder.
I am referring to the existing 600 GT. As far as I know the 500 twin is yet not launched anywhere.
Old 21st November 2015, 21:03   #74
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
I am referring to the existing 600 GT. As far as I know the 500 twin is yet not launched anywhere.
Though the gt makes more power it is down on torque by 1kgm and is also over weight, though I agree it is smoother
Old 23rd November 2015, 11:40   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
we were referring to the TRK 502 in context of a new launch.
I had checked the 650 GT personally here in Bangalore and found it to be quite heavy and big. Also lack of ABS and good power delivery at higher RPMs (being a 4 pot) kept me away from it. Brand not well established here, service and spares via DSK and made in china did play its part on the decision making. Having said all that, am sure its a nice bike for adventure touring.
Quote:
P.S. Been hearing about the Suzuki V Strom 650 being launched as well (the 1000 already has). Does anyone have any news on that and whether the XT will also make it here?
Doc, cannot handle this waiting game any more. Might as well settle for the V650, use it for a while and trade it for something more exciting when its here. On personal level, i dont think i will be doing hard-core off roading. Am looking at a bike with good touring capabilities which can take the usually broken Indian roads with comfort. Hope they give test rides so we can be sure before committing. My only concern with V650 is the seat height and the quality of suspension. A lot of folks on international V650 forums have complained about suspension being stiff.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks