Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2016, 13:52   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Guys
Do anyone have the details of the sales for the month of October/November. The Wing World here in Kochi has sold only a single piece till now. Is the bike a flop as far as the sales is concerned?
They only assemble 1 bike a day so that roughly translates to around 25 bikes a month. Sales unit for the last 4 months is a steady 21-23 units. Bangalore and Delhi seems to be gulping most of it up.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 14:07   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
For the last one month I have been researching for a proper faired and comfortable bike, but there are very less options. Hence I narrowed down to Z800, CBR650F, Street Triple and Ninja 1000.

The concern with CBR650F is about less power compared to the other two and the concern with Z800 and Street triple are the ergonomics and their naked avatar. Do you think a proper windscreen will do the job on Z800 or the triple? Or any other bike you have to suggest me?
I think you first need to decide what kind of bike you are looking for. You've listed two naked bikes with a slightly more upright stance, a sports bike and a sports tourer?

What do you want out of the bike needs to be the first question and then look towards that. I find my Z800 more comfortable for street riding than my super sport, but it will never match up on a track.
Old 1st January 2016, 14:34   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
I think you first need to decide what kind of bike you are looking for. You've listed two naked bikes with a slightly more upright stance, a sports bike and a sports tourer?

What do you want out of the bike needs to be the first question and then look towards that. I find my Z800 more comfortable for street riding than my super sport, but it will never match up on a track.
Very good question, but really hard for me to answer. Let me try to list them:
1. Power. >100PS
2. Comfortable seating and not too aggressive like the Daytona 675 or 675R
3. Good cruising capability, meaning less wind intrusion. I do not mind if its faired or naked, but has to be comfortable at high speeds.
3. Near the 10 to 12 Lakh OTR ballpark.
4. Reliable engineering and after sales service. This is a big point for me to consider since there are no super bike showrooms in Belgaum, whatsoever. Nearest service center would be Goa, if the brand does exists there if not Pune.
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 16:04   #94
BHPian

Quote:
1. Power. >100PS
3. Good cruising capability, meaning less wind intrusion. I do not mind if its faired or naked, but has to be comfortable at high speeds.
4. Reliable engineering and after sales service. This is a big point for me to consider since there are no super bike showrooms in Belgaum, whatsoever. Nearest service center would be Goa, if the brand does exists there if not Pune.
The only bike which really fits in your requirements is the Triumph Speed Triple. They are offering good discounts on it right now.

Another bike which comes to my mind is the Suzuki GSX S1000F. Oh what a pretty bike that is! It has got fantastic reviews worldwide. But its slightly above 12L OTR cap that you have.
Old 1st January 2016, 20:14   #95
BHPian

Quote:
1. Power. >100PS
I think the Non R version of Dayatona is good enough if you can compromise on the supersport posture for short rides.
Old 1st January 2016, 22:26   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogary View Post
The only bike which really fits in your requirements is the Triumph Speed Triple. They are offering good discounts on it right now.

Another bike which comes to my mind is the Suzuki GSX S1000F. Oh what a pretty bike that is! It has got fantastic reviews worldwide. But its slightly above 12L OTR cap that you have.
Thank you nitrogary! I for one really didn't think about the GSX S1000F and see that its a great all-rounder bike. Looking at the pricing it comes in the Ninja 1000 territory which again is a great bike with almost similar specs and legendary Ninja design philosophy. Its a tough call for sure.
The street triple so far is on top of my list, but lets see how it fairs in the next 30 days of my decision process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratap.pratu View Post
I think the Non R version of Dayatona is good enough if you can compromise on the supersport posture for short rides.
I wouldn't mind stretching my budget by another 1.5Lakhs and go for the 675R as it's one of my favorites. The only thing that goes against the Daytona is the riding position, its way too aggressive for those long highway journey's. So entering the 13 to 14 Lakh range, I have my favorite all rounder the Ninja 1000 and I think should be the perfect one. Will keep you guys posted on what I go with finally.

Cheers and ride safe!
Old 4th January 2016, 13:45   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Rachit, I know I am the last one to wish you, but better late than never, LOL. Hope your CBR keeps you happy all the time and plasters that big grin on your face every time you ride it.

Well, your bike looks more matured and ready to race with that tail tidy. I wanted to know how is the acceleration on the CBR650F, particularly in-gear acceleration? Is it comparable to the Triumph street triple or the Z800?

For the last one month I have been researching for a proper faired and comfortable bike, but there are very less options. Hence I narrowed down to Z800, CBR650F, Street Triple and Ninja 1000.

The concern with CBR650F is about less power compared to the other two and the concern with Z800 and Street triple are the ergonomics and their naked avatar. Do you think a proper windscreen will do the job on Z800 or the triple? Or any other bike you have to suggest me?

Note: I also loved the Ninja 1000 and the beautiful electronic aids it comes with, but not able to digest the 14.8 Lakh price tag OTR, Bangalore. Is Kawasaki offering any discounts in Karnataka? And sorry to hi-jack your thread for posting my query.
I have not ridden the Street Triple, but I did ride the Daytona. Before writing my impressions I would mention it was one of earlier few KMs that I did on super bikes so my impressions might not be absolutely correct, but what I felt.

In comparison to Daytona: The CBR feels more rideable in town. By that I mean you wouldn't need to change gears as often in the city and the low down grunt feels slightly better than the daytona. Part of the reason could be because Daytona's peak power is nearly around 14K RPM. I didn't get to see Daytona's top end honestly. Was to scared to experience it. But I am quite sure that if you are really gunning it, Daytona would me much faster.

In Comparison to Z800: Z800 is definitely faster hands down. It has more power and that too in the low and mid range too and shorter gearing really makes it a madder accelerating bike. CBR feels much linear and sedate and manageable in comparison.

You see the CBR has a very long throttle which helps a lot in slow speed throttle modulation and linear power delivery. Once you wind her up, it is quite fast. I am not yet experienced to comment on top end powers of these bikes because honestly they all feel scary fast to me. CBR with some time, feels manageable though. Not sure about others as I have not lived with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Guys
Do anyone have the details of the sales for the month of October/November. The Wing World here in Kochi has sold only a single piece till now. Is the bike a flop as far as the sales is concerned?
From what I understand they are seeing more sales in South. I have seen around 5 costumer bikes in one of the Honda rides here. The dealer said they have sold around 10 in Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
They only assemble 1 bike a day so that roughly translates to around 25 bikes a month. Sales unit for the last 4 months is a steady 21-23 units. Bangalore and Delhi seems to be gulping most of it up.
True. I think South (Hyderabad and Bangalore are seeing more sales).

Quote:
Thank you nitrogary! I for one really didn't think about the GSX S1000F and see that its a great all-rounder bike. Looking at the pricing it comes in the Ninja 1000 territory which again is a great bike with almost similar specs and legendary Ninja design philosophy. Its a tough call for sure.
The street triple so far is on top of my list, but lets see how it fairs in the next 30 days of my decision process.

I wouldn't mind stretching my budget by another 1.5Lakhs and go for the 675R as it's one of my favorites. The only thing that goes against the Daytona is the riding position, its way too aggressive for those long highway journey's. So entering the 13 to 14 Lakh range, I have my favorite all rounder the Ninja 1000 and I think should be the perfect one. Will keep you guys posted on what I go with finally.

Cheers and ride safe!

Between the Ninja 1000 and Suzuki GSX S1000F, I would pick the suzuki. The suzuki is lighter, sportier has more character and would be more fun in my opinion.

If I would have been open to Naked bikes, I would have been very confused between the Street triple and the Z800. But somehow to me Street Triple attract a bit more. You can use more of its 79 horses more of the times than the Z800 in my humble opinion. Again it is my personal opinion as I have not ridden the Street triple.

Best of luck for your purchase brother.

Mind you, none of the bikes mentioned here are bad bikes. You will be happy with any of them. So don't stress and enjoy this special process of being in Indian market for a super bike. You just need to find which one you like. Don't bother which one is better.

Like I always say, what matters is that you love your wife, she need not be Aishwarya Rai.

CHEERS!!

Rachit

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th January 2016 at 08:22. Reason: Removed mention of high speeds.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 14:13   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post

Best of luck for your purchase brother.

Mind you, none of the bikes mentioned here are bad bikes. You will be happy with any of them. So don't stress and enjoy this special process of being in Indian market for a super bike. You just need to find which one you like. Don't bother which one is better.

Like I always say, what matters is that you love your wife, she need not be Aishwarya Rai.

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Hahaha, you have a great sense of humor and what you said is absolutely right! Thank you for your valuable inputs on the CBR650F. I will begin test riding the above shortlisted bikes in the month of Feb and pick the one my heart calls for. Will surely keep you updated and hopefully we will meet soon on our bikes in a meet
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 00:24   #99
BHPian

Thought of posting a small update. Covered around 4900 Kms till now. Everything working smoothly with the bike. Getting more and more comfortable with the power and handling. Overall no complaints with the bike.

Checked on the the extended warranty and Honda is offering an extended warranty on the bike. Don't know what will be covered and what will not, but it costs around 2700 bucks for extending it by 3 years which is nice. Will get it when I go for the 2nd service. Probably the only big bike in India with an extended warranty. Gives me confidence.

The itch for an exhaust is also increasing day by day. The thing is that with this bike being so quite, the sense of speed is less and hence sometimes less satisfying. I rode a friends bike with an aftermarket exhaust and similar speeds felt more satisfying. Maybe just mind games, but the itch is growing.

Initial discussions with the Honda guys and the Akra guys say that you don't need a PC5 and an air filter for the Akra exhaust on the bike. It might not give that much gain but will not harm the bike. I did not want an air filter or PC5 at this stage. So will get only the exhaust and maybe these 2 things later. Want to keep the bike as stock as possible as in my opinion nothing beats the stock ECU for reliability and handling of different kinds of weather or temperatures that the bike might experience.

Average fuel consumption has gone up and I think that is largely because I am becoming more and more liberal with the throttle. But still stays in the range of 20-23 KMPL within city.

Also got the Rjays pedal type Paddock stand for the bike for washing, cleaning and general chain maintenance.

Some pics attached:

Went with TBHP Bikers to Bhindawas bird sanctuary
A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-img20160322wa0016.jpg

A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-img20160322wa0015.jpg

A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-img20160322wa0017.jpg

iPhone edited. Gurgaon Faridabad road.
A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-img20160322wa0018.jpg

A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-img20160322wa0019.jpg

Early morning India Gate
A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-img20160322wa0020.jpg

A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-img20160322wa0021.jpg

A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-img20160322wa0022.jpg

The Rjays Paddock Stand
A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-img20160322wa0023.jpg
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 14:33   #100
BHPian

Rachit,

Congratulations!, on a fantastic bike.
I happened to see your thread only now, hence the late congratulations!.
The pictures of your bike are fab, in particular the last three snaps in the previous post.
People generally purr effusively when they see pictures of Yamahas, the Triumphs and the Ducatis of the world, but I feel that this bike can easily hold its ground in the looks department.
I used to own the smaller sibling of this one, the CBR250R, but I have since moved over to the dark side and got myself the HD iron 883. But that has not diminished my love for the understated Honda bikes.
Enjoy your ride and keep sharing pics.
Cheerio
Old 29th March 2016, 17:08   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post

The itch for an exhaust is also increasing day by day. The thing is that with this bike being so quite, the sense of speed is less and hence sometimes less satisfying. I rode a friends bike with an aftermarket exhaust and similar speeds felt more satisfying. Maybe just mind games, but the itch is growing.

Initial discussions with the Honda guys and the Akra guys say that you don't need a PC5 and an air filter for the Akra exhaust on the bike. It might not give that much gain but will not harm the bike. I did not want an air filter or PC5 at this stage. So will get only the exhaust and maybe these 2 things later. Want to keep the bike as stock as possible as in my opinion nothing beats the stock ECU for reliability and handling of different kinds of weather or temperatures that the bike might experience.
I know most of us love the I4 sound with modified exhaust pipes. At the same time, if you are going for a long distance touring, then it may not help you in fighting the fatigue. The other point is about AFR impact due to the new exhaust. The new exhaust may affect the AFR in making it lean and affecting the engine in long run. Experts can pitch in to give some more clarification on this part, but I would say that the stock AFR setting is optimally tuned in accordance to the stock exhaust. So I always recommend sticking with the stock. Please take this in the context that what I said is purely my personal opinion
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 20:31   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Rachit,

Congratulations!, on a fantastic bike.
I happened to see your thread only now, hence the late congratulations!.
The pictures of your bike are fab, in particular the last three snaps in the previous post.
People generally purr effusively when they see pictures of Yamahas, the Triumphs and the Ducatis of the world, but I feel that this bike can easily hold its ground in the looks department.
I used to own the smaller sibling of this one, the CBR250R, but I have since moved over to the dark side and got myself the HD iron 883. But that has not diminished my love for the understated Honda bikes.
Enjoy your ride and keep sharing pics.
Cheerio
Thank you very much for the kind words. The feedback that I have received from friends is that the tail tidy does add to the appeal of the bike. Overall I find it smart looking, maybe not italian exotic but smart.

I am very fond of the Iron 883 in the HD line up. If I have to buy a HD from my own money, it will be the Iron 883.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
I know most of us love the I4 sound with modified exhaust pipes. At the same time, if you are going for a long distance touring, then it may not help you in fighting the fatigue. The other point is about AFR impact due to the new exhaust. The new exhaust may affect the AFR in making it lean and affecting the engine in long run. Experts can pitch in to give some more clarification on this part, but I would say that the stock AFR setting is optimally tuned in accordance to the stock exhaust. So I always recommend sticking with the stock. Please take this in the context that what I said is purely my personal opinion
Thank you for your inputs. Actually I have been having a lot of discussions and have been doing a lot of reading. I have spoken to Honda guys, Akra guys and they are of the opinion that you don't absolutely need any additional fuel tuning with the Akra. I am reading people's experiences on the CBR650 forums as well and what I have got is that, this bike has a closed loop system and since the Akra does come with a slot where stock O2 sensor will fit, it will be okay to not put a PC5. Power Commander will give extra power and make changes to power delivery, but running the bike with baffles should not pose any long term reliability issues.

I am going to have a final discussion with the Honda guys. If they will keep entertaining the warranty, than all is good.

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Old 29th March 2016, 20:42   #103
Senior - BHPian

46 sticker on a Honda does not go well at all. Its kind of reserved for Yamaha.
Old 30th March 2016, 00:10   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I like to see that number on a yamaha too, but it was indeed first seen on a honda at least in the blue riband class. way back in 2000. And Honda did go insane when he refused to put # 1 in 2002.

Oooh, I miss those days of the Nastro Azzuro NSR 500
Old 30th March 2016, 00:48   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I agree. I would have loved to have a Yamaha and than put a 46 on it. Couldn't afford the R1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogary View Post
I like to see that number on a yamaha too, but it was indeed first seen on a honda at least in the blue riband class. way back in 2000. And Honda did go insane when he refused to put # 1 in 2002.

Oooh, I miss those days of the Nastro Azzuro NSR 500
Good Point sir. That is what I tell people to justify it some times.

CHEERS!!

Rachit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks