Team-BHP - A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/167975-dream-come-true-my-honda-cbr650f-edit-track-day-bic-page-12-a-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VellVector (Post 3881639)
I think you first need to decide what kind of bike you are looking for. You've listed two naked bikes with a slightly more upright stance, a sports bike and a sports tourer?

Which one is the sports bike? AFAIK, both are sports tourers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venku2015 (Post 3881651)
Very good question, but really hard for me to answer. Let me try to list them:
1. Power. >100PS
2. Comfortable seating and not too aggressive like the Daytona 675 or 675R
3. Good cruising capability, meaning less wind intrusion. I do not mind if its faired or naked, but has to be comfortable at high speeds.
3. Near the 10 to 12 Lakh OTR ballpark.
4. Reliable engineering and after sales service. This is a big point for me to consider since there are no super bike showrooms in Belgaum, whatsoever. Nearest service center would be Goa, if the brand does exists there if not Pune.

There are a couple of good comparisons on this thread. I have also added what I went trough when trying to decide which bike to buy -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...-10-lakhs.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by killjoy (Post 3941990)
Which one is the sports bike? AFAIK, both are sports tourers!

There are a couple of good comparisons on this thread. I have also added what I went trough when trying to decide which bike to buy -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...-10-lakhs.html

Yep, thanks Killjoy. I did go through the comparison and the Z800 stands out as the most sensible choice looking at the requirement.

I got my z800 delivered on the 18th of February 2016 and enjoying every bit of it. An ownership thread is in the making :)

Congratulations on a super choice. We should meet on one of the rides soon.

Have you considered getting the tricolor's accessory pack for the bike? You have the wheel stripes but the seat cowl is missing to complement that tail tidy kit :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venku2015 (Post 3942123)
Yep, thanks Killjoy. I did go through the comparison and the Z800 stands out as the most sensible choice looking at the requirement.

I got my z800 delivered on the 18th of February 2016 and enjoying every bit of it. An ownership thread is in the making :)

Congratulations on the Z Venku.
Wishing you many enjoyable miles.

Waiting for the ownership thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nithesh_M (Post 3945617)
Have you considered getting the tricolor's accessory pack for the bike? You have the wheel stripes but the seat cowl is missing to complement that tail tidy kit :p

Hey Nithesh,

How are you brother? So where are you in your plan to get the CBR650F?
I am sure you must be getting pretty close to getting it.

I did consider the seat cowl and considering that mostly its me only on the bike, I probably can get it. But somehow it does not add that much in visual appeal for me. I like it with the banana seat look as well. I might consider it in future. What I do like more is the MRA touring windshield.

But as of now mostly everything is kind of postponed. 2 major expenses that I plan do next in line is the Akra exhaust which is under process. After that I am dreaming to get a Shoei X-14 maybe after 6-7 months. These 2 will take sometime to settle down on the expenses side. lol:

Rachit

Yep getting closer. Now I'm waiting to see Honda update the 650 anytime soon with the new Fireblade out in a few months from now. Also waiting to see how the soon to be locally assembled Africa Twin is priced here, its a taller do it all motorcycle and fits my 6'3 frame perfectly.

Had to push my motorcycle purchase forward again because of a legal case I'm fighting through these days. I thought hospitals were bad, but a legal case experience is far far worse in this country.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nithesh_M (Post 3949821)
Yep getting closer. Now I'm waiting to see Honda update the 650 anytime soon with the new Fireblade out in a few months from now. Also waiting to see how the soon to be locally assembled Africa Twin is priced here, its a taller do it all motorcycle and fits my 6'3 frame perfectly.

Had to push my motorcycle purchase forward again because of a legal case I'm fighting through these days. I thought hospitals were bad, but a legal case experience is far far worse in this country.

Africa Twin is a very sweet motorcycle. I expect it to be more than 12-13 Lakhs ex-showroom. It will be around the Tiger 1200 range.

I might be wrong, but I am not expecting an update to the CBR650F anytime soon. But this is just a guess.

The new fireblade is something that the world is looking out for. It should be hot.

My best wishes for your journey brother.

And I completely agree to you on the Hospital and Legal Case point. Although depending upon how close the patient in the hospital is to you, can make hospitals even worse.

Rachit

Rachit, I know you put in some decent mileage, what is your overall feedback? Have the initially reported vibrations settled down? I am strongly considering buying hopefully in June. The insurance rates here are also low compared to a 2013 used GSXR 600.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo (Post 3959568)
Rachit, I know you put in some decent mileage, what is your overall feedback? Have the initially reported vibrations settled down? I am strongly considering buying hopefully in June. The insurance rates here are also low compared to a 2013 used GSXR 600.

Hey friend.

I have clocked nearly 5200 Kms till now.
The vibrations have improved a lot, although I wouldn't say that they have completely gone. But overtime you start noticing them less. I don't think this should be a deal breaker if you like the rest of the package.

I am planning for the exhaust and experienced people say that full system might increase the vibrations a bit. I also read that most Inline 4, 600s generally have some vibrations.

Will post the feedback once I have the exhaust installed.

CHEERS!!

Rachit

@Mods: Please change the thread title to:
A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: 2nd Service Update on page 8

So after a lot of thought, reading and research, I had finally decided to get the Akra for the bike. The key considerations were that I will only get the exhaust, even it being full system. I had spoken to Honda guys, read on CBR650 Forums and sent emails to Revzilla and Akra. The conclusion that I got is that this exhaust has been specifically designed to work reliably within the parameters of stock ECU. Running it with baffles with the stock ECU will not be an issue. For full potential one can get Power Commander and Air Filter, but even without them there will be no issues. I also rode the Honda test ride CBR650F in Delhi which had the exhaust installed.

I decided to get the exhaust from US as I was getting it around 11K cheaper there plus the genuineness was guaranteed.

My bike had clocked around 5300 Kms and I had missed the deadline of 2nd service from a time duration perspective by around 3 months. So thought of getting the service and exhaust done together.

As usual, extremely happy and satisfied with the work carried out by the Naraina Honda Wings. The more I experience them, the more I think I would never buy any other big bike except for Honda just because of them.

As part of Second Service:
They changed the Oil and Oil Filter.
Cleaned the Chain and lubed it.
Checked brakes and Clutch and various other nuts
Air Filter requires change at 15K. They said they they will clean it in the next service at 12K.

and then the Full System Install.

All in all it took 3 hours for the whole process.

I don't have the detailed bill Yet, but high level I paid 5500 for both the service and the exhaust Install. 3100 for the service, 2000 for the exhaust install and 400 taxes. Will share the bill once I have it.

Pretty reasonable I would say considering the quality of work and time and attention given to your loved bike.

Some early first short ride impressions:
1) It sounds just perfect with the baffles. Hardly any louder at idle and smooth cruising. Only louder when on the gas.
2) Bike feels even smoother. It does seem to have reduced the vibes also a bit.
3) Throttle response feels crisper and bike feels eager. Can be the exhaust note effect. But it does feel more eager now.
4) The fun factor has definitely gone up and the ride back home was nice even in 48 deg Delhi heat.
5) Cant comment on the reduced weight yet as I had the stock 11 KGs exhaust in a backpack on my back ready to fall at moments notice.

Will keep updating as I ride and explore more.

A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-img_4768small.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwnUJ1jw1pY

Hey rachit congrats on the new exhaust. It sounds lovely clap:. I'm planning on the Akra for my 650f but I'm still confused a bit about the following:
1. By what information I could gather, 650f can only take a full exhaust and no slip on. Right?
2. Will running the bike without baffles cause harm? As you mentioned it does not require power commander if running with baffles.
Also I know Akrapovic is the best in terms of quality and fit so will most probably pick the Akra. Just giving a thought about other brands :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mashblue (Post 3978209)
Hey rachit congrats on the new exhaust. It sounds lovely clap:. I'm planning on the Akra for my 650f but I'm still confused a bit about the following:
1. By what information I could gather, 650f can only take a full exhaust and no slip on. Right?
2. Will running the bike without baffles cause harm? As you mentioned it does not require power commander if running with baffles.
Also I know Akrapovic is the best in terms of quality and fit so will most probably pick the Akra. Just giving a thought about other brands :D

Thank you very much brother!!

1) Yes, 650F can only take a full system as the stock is welded one piece.
2) From what the Honda guy told me, Running without baffles might need Additional Fuel Tuning as then the exhaust has very minimal back pressure. I mean you can take the baffle out for a couple of days for fun. But maybe for long term he suggested to keep the baffle in. I am not technically educated enough to confirm it though. I am taking his words for it.

Somehow, from what I felt, Akra has done some good research for this exhaust for this bike. They nearly took one more year of testing even after taking bookings. Plus it seems to be designed to run without additional fuel tuning. Also, the most nice bit, it is one of the cheaper one's. Two brother and Arrows are more expensive. I think IXIL and Scorpion are similarly priced. I did not look at any other brand and I don't regret it. The finish of the end can is to be seen.

CHEERS mate!! Keep us posted.
And please do take some time for the ownership thread!! :D

Rachit

Congrats Rachit. The Akra's always sound great and on your bike it's no exception. Sounds very pleasing amd even though it's in an enclosure it did not sound very loud. Could you also post a video/soundclip of the bike in the open?

Regarding what you mentioned about the exhaust is the whole system - are the headers to the exhaust can welded together as one piece? Why would they do that?

Exactly what i was thinking. What if I just want to change the end can and not touch the headers. So from what you said the headers through the mid pipes till the end can is 1 piece?

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 3979490)
Congrats Rachit. The Akra's always sound great and on your bike it's no exception. Sounds very pleasing amd even though it's in an enclosure it did not sound very loud. Could you also post a video/soundclip of the bike in the open?

Regarding what you mentioned about the exhaust is the whole system - are the headers to the exhaust can welded together as one piece? Why would they do that?

Thank you.
Sure sir. Will try to shoot something out in the open.

Yeah, even I am not sure why they would do that. Most modern bikes come with stock exhausts in pieces so that owner's can change the end can if they like. Because that keeps away the nuances of fuel tuning and what not. Not this one though.

I had to carry that 11 KG big long thing back home in a backpack. Apparently it also costs 52K. Thankfully the honda service guys were nice enough to pack it well in polythene all taped up and I just had to put it in the loft at home. lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigron (Post 3979542)
Exactly what i was thinking. What if I just want to change the end can and not touch the headers. So from what you said the headers through the mid pipes till the end can is 1 piece?

Yes sir. Its welded together. It just makes it so worse on an inline 4, that too which is so quite in its stock form.

Rachit