Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2015, 01:13   #76
BHPian

re: A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
Good stuff man. I'm also contemplating getting a radiator guard and a taller windscreen (maybe).

I only just completed 2000km recently on mine. Loving it so far -especially on the highway. Will post a review soon.
Get the rad guard without delay. it is is imperative for our roads. You would see bent fins on the radiator in no time.

Regarding why they cost so much, these things are manufactured in UK. Cost of manufacturing is much more expensive there as compared to one of the asian countries. The major difference in a radiator guard between a cheap one and a R&G would be the weight or rather the lack of it and perfect fit. No rattling at certain RPMs like the cheaper ones either.

For the sliders, the sole objective is to protect the important parts and slide which explains why it does not jut out as far since a longer one has more chances of getting caught and providing leverage to topple the bike during a slide. This way, most of the damage would be handled by the slider and the plastics. R&G are the only brand, as far as I know, that allow a discount on premium on insurance in UK so they are well worth the hole it caused in your pocket

The lovely Ceeber looks smashing with the tail tidy. The thing has pushed it from looking tame to fierce IMO ! Also, great to hear good words about the service of Hondas. Maybe the others needs to take a lesson from them.
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 02:24   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Get the rad guard without delay. it is is imperative for our roads. You would see bent fins on the radiator in no time.

Regarding why they cost so much, these things are manufactured in UK. Cost of manufacturing is much more expensive there as compared to one of the asian countries. The major difference in a radiator guard between a cheap one and a R&G would be the weight or rather the lack of it and perfect fit. No rattling at certain RPMs like the cheaper ones either.

For the sliders, the sole objective is to protect the important parts and slide which explains why it does not jut out as far since a longer one has more chances of getting caught and providing leverage to topple the bike during a slide. This way, most of the damage would be handled by the slider and the plastics. R&G are the only brand, as far as I know, that allow a discount on premium on insurance in UK so they are well worth the hole it caused in your pocket

The lovely Ceeber looks smashing with the tail tidy. The thing has pushed it from looking tame to fierce IMO ! Also, great to hear good words about the service of Hondas. Maybe the others needs to take a lesson from them.
Thank you very much for your kind words. Yes, in my opinion too the tail tidy makes it look a lot sportier.

You have very valid points for these branded bits being expensive. When the honda guy was fitting this stuff another thing he mentioned was that all this stuff on the bike looks like it came from the factory and nothing seems after market which just goes on to show the nice fitting and build of these parts.

Rachit
Old 5th November 2015, 09:28   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Also, this tail tidy has LED lights but shockingly such an expensive kit requires a wire to be cut for those LEDs. R&G one had a socket and didnt require the wire cut but I really liked the look of this. Dilip soldered the connection so should be good.
Bro Rachit, for future reference remember that cutting & soldering wires on a bike like this is a big NO. Don't let anyone do that to your bike. Crimping with a proper crimping tool is far more reliable than soldering and if a wire needs to be tapped or spliced, there is always 3M Scotchlok.
Costs only Rs5 (or Rs10 for the waterproof gel version), so there is no real reason not to use it.

Ride safe and hope to catch up with you and your beauty on two wheels one of these days.
outofthebox is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 18:55   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
Bro Rachit, for future reference remember that cutting & soldering wires on a bike like this is a big NO. Don't let anyone do that to your bike. Crimping with a proper crimping tool is far more reliable than soldering and if a wire needs to be tapped or spliced, there is always 3M Scotchlok.
Costs only Rs5 (or Rs10 for the waterproof gel version), so there is no real reason not to use it.

Ride safe and hope to catch up with you and your beauty on two wheels one of these days.
Wow!! I was not aware of it. This is really handy. Thank you for sharing this.
Will keep this in mind for any future electrical work.

Rachit
Old 5th November 2015, 22:37   #80
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
Bro Rachit, for future reference remember that cutting & soldering wires on a bike like this is a big NO. Don't let anyone do that to your bike. Crimping with a proper crimping tool is far more reliable than soldering and if a wire needs to be tapped or spliced, there is always 3M Scotchlok.[/url]

Very true Outofthebox. One of the main reasons why I have still not got a TT fitted on my Z - even though it looks good.

But nevertheless - the CBR looks amazing with the TT - totally transforms the looks.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th November 2015 at 18:23. Reason: Removing video from quoted post.
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 22:15   #81
BHPian

Rachit bro neat looking mods there

That tail tidy brings out the super sport character that was originally amiss. Looks much cleaner from the rear
Old 11th November 2015, 15:55   #82
Senior - BHPian

oohh lala, the tail tidy has certainly made the bike stand out from its sport touring image. I think the switch from the OEM Dunlops to something more grippy and all weather tyres like the Michelin Pilot Sport Radials will do the bike even more good. Love them on my 250 and has saved my behind from fishtailing while accelerating out of damp/wet road surfaces where the OEM contigos wouldn't even hold a candle to them.
The Pirellis are a bit expensive but are worth the price for the mad level of grip they offer with the relatively softer compound tyres they offer.
When your stock tyres are done, do take a look at radials from other manufacturers. The stock Dunlops will outlast them though.
Old 11th November 2015, 17:54   #83
BHPian

Hey Rachit. Those safety additions will pay fir themselves in a hairy situation. R&G is top notch when it comes to keeping your bike safe. Good choice of mods there. And yes that tail tidy makes the 650 so much more desirable.
Old 12th November 2015, 19:53   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Very true Outofthebox. One of the main reasons why I have still not got a TT fitted on my Z - even though it looks good.

But nevertheless - the CBR looks amazing with the TT - totally transforms the looks.
Thank you very much sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehuel View Post
Rachit bro neat looking mods there

That tail tidy brings out the super sport character that was originally amiss. Looks much cleaner from the rear
Thank you very much brother..

[quote=Nithesh_M;3845888]oohh lala, the tail tidy has certainly made the bike stand out from its sport touring image. I think the switch from the OEM Dunlops to something more grippy and all weather tyres like the Michelin Pilot Sport Radials will do the bike even more good. Love them on my 250 and has saved my behind from fishtailing while accelerating out of damp/wet road surfaces where the OEM contigos wouldn't even hold a candle to them.
The Pirellis are a bit expensive but are worth the price for the mad level of grip they offer with the relatively softer compound tyres they offer.
When your stock tyres are done, do take a look at radials from other manufacturers. The stock Dunlops will outlast them though.[/quote

Thanks brother.
Yes, surely when the time comes will do some research around tyres and will definitely check with you for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeen12 View Post
Hey Rachit. Those safety additions will pay fir themselves in a hairy situation. R&G is top notch when it comes to keeping your bike safe. Good choice of mods there. And yes that tail tidy makes the 650 so much more desirable.
Thank you very much brother. Yup, R&G had really good reviews.
Although I hope I never get to test them.

Rachit

Last edited by aah78 : 11th April 2016 at 21:28. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 22nd November 2015, 20:27   #85
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to another 650F owner, and as per him Honda will be bringing in the seat cowl, tank pads, rim tapes and other accessories for the bike around the first week of December.
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:32   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Spoke to another 650F owner, and as per him Honda will be bringing in the seat cowl, tank pads, rim tapes and other accessories for the bike around the first week of December.
Yup, I think I have heard this from the Wings dealer here as well. He mentioned seat Cowl. Although he was not hopeful of the higher/touring windscreen.

Rachit
Old 23rd November 2015, 22:58   #87
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, that screen isn't much high compared to the stock one really, better put that sort of money on aftermarket screens instead.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 20:17   #88
Senior - BHPian

Horizon Moto(Hyderabad) is stocking accessories for the bike now.

Puig windscreen : 7500/-
Puig Frame sliders: 7000/-

Akrapovic exhaust will be up next along with paddock stands - both double sided and for single sided, tyre huggers..etc

You can find them on facebook.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 26th November 2015 at 20:37.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 10:48   #89
BANNED

Guys
Do anyone have the details of the sales for the month of October/November. The Wing World here in Kochi has sold only a single piece till now. Is the bike a flop as far as the sales is concerned?
Old 1st January 2016, 13:22   #90
BHPian

Congratulations Rachit, I know I am the last one to wish you, but better late than never, LOL. Hope your CBR keeps you happy all the time and plasters that big grin on your face every time you ride it.

Well, your bike looks more matured and ready to race with that tail tidy. I wanted to know how is the acceleration on the CBR650F, particularly in-gear acceleration? Is it comparable to the Triumph street triple or the Z800?

For the last one month I have been researching for a proper faired and comfortable bike, but there are very less options. Hence I narrowed down to Z800, CBR650F, Street Triple and Ninja 1000.

The concern with CBR650F is about less power compared to the other two and the concern with Z800 and Street triple are the ergonomics and their naked avatar. Do you think a proper windscreen will do the job on Z800 or the triple? Or any other bike you have to suggest me?

Note: I also loved the Ninja 1000 and the beautiful electronic aids it comes with, but not able to digest the 14.8 Lakh price tag OTR, Bangalore. Is Kawasaki offering any discounts in Karnataka? And sorry to hi-jack your thread for posting my query.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks