Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2015, 14:19   #31
BHPian

Re: Triumph Tiger XRx : 6000 km ownership review!

Apart from the riding characteristics, how good does the Tiger fare in the 'looks' section.

Posting some file pictures of our group's ride.

Decide for your self:-

The picture below:

From your left is Benneli-i600, Yamaha R1,Tiger Triumph, HD-Iron, CBR 1000R yellow and maroon.

Triumph Tiger XRx : 6000 km ownership review!-20150531184303.jpg

Picture below:

Tiger standing next to a Ducati-Hypermotard and a Harley .

Triumph Tiger XRx : 6000 km ownership review!-img20150531wa009_edit.jpg
mohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 02:47   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan View Post

Tiger standing next to a Ducati-Hypermotard and a Harley .

Attachment 1419753
Nice set of pictures there Mohan. The XRX surely looks the beefiest of the lot!

PS: I've to ask this - did the gentleman with the Harley, ride in a pair of floaters?
Old 27th September 2015, 03:11   #33
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Obviously leaving aside the Yamaha R1 - the Tiger is the best looking among the lot. Personal preference though.

Porschefire - I thought the same, but looking at the rest of the gear i dount je rode in floaters.I think the gentleman would have probably given the riding shoes a break during their break.
Old 27th September 2015, 06:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Nice set of pictures.... did the gentleman with the Harley, ride in a pair of floaters?
Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
I think the gentleman would have probably given the riding shoes a break during their break.
Spot on; v12, it probably was the hottest day and hour of summer. We were cooling off, jackets, shoes, helmets were a pain to put on.
I agree the R1 does look cute and surely it smoked us all between the Nippani- Belgaum section of the expressway.
mohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 08:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Fine bike there Doc! Being lighter than the GS this can be enjoyed a lot more off-road. How is the low end torque for this engine?

Where did you source those Daytona boots from?
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 09:08   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Fine bike there Doc! Being lighter than the GS this can be enjoyed a lot more off-road. How is the low end torque for this engine?

Where did you source those Daytona boots from?
Thanks Navpreet318, you can pull on the bike from a dead stop from the
3rd gear on easily..that should probably explain your low-end torque query.
Daytona MTX touring boots are available at fc.moto.de, this is the place where these boots are available, cheapest.
mohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 18:19   #37
BHPian

After fitting the Arrow Exhaust ,I was not happy with the sound and I felt that the ride was not what it used to be.
So I did take the bike back to the ASC.
My bike was remapped.
Incidentally while the rear tire was changed at Goa ,the chain balancers were not fixed properly leading to an abnormal chain slack.
This too was corrected at the ASC.

Took a test ride WITHOUT the DB killer ,the ride was good but ,the sound did not appeal to me.
Took another test ride WITH the Db killer and the exhaust note returned back to normal.

So ,as my friends pointed out to me,whats the point in keeping the ARROW exhaust when its muffled and sounds like a STOCK exhaust ?

Hence I removed the ARROW and fixed up my STOCK.
I plan to sell off the ARROW .

Last edited by mohan : 30th September 2015 at 18:22.
mohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 21:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hijacking

A friend starts his 16000km ride from Kottayam tomorrow. Sharing his prepped up bike pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Tiger XRx : 6000 km ownership review!-img20150930wa0056.jpg  

Triumph Tiger XRx : 6000 km ownership review!-img20150930wa0057.jpg  

Triumph Tiger XRx : 6000 km ownership review!-img20150930wa0058.jpg  

Triumph Tiger XRx : 6000 km ownership review!-img20150930wa0059.jpg  

Triumph Tiger XRx : 6000 km ownership review!-img20150930wa0060.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 19:22   #39
BHPian

Mohan- wonderful job on the review. Your effort is much appreciated as well as the fact that you keep the thread updated with news of your bike and its brothers.
Coming from the HD 'family' of bikes- we have seen many riders transition to either the t TRs or the TCs from Triumph and we had almost 9 of our group from Mumbai alone get together to buy the BMW GS Adventure at some whopping discount.
A lot of soul searching and meeting these guys- I have found that from the Impulse to the GS-Adv, these kind of bikes offer the most versatility in riding conditions and therefore many who tire of 'chewing up NH miles' eventually graduate to either getting these Adv category bikes as their secondary ride, if not primary.
Thanks again, wonderful reading.
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 20:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

hello, Chanced upon this thread and went through the entire 3 pages at a go. very informative.

Coming from Enfield background and currently riding a 390, adventure bike have always caught my attention. I have been waiting for the launch of versys 650, untill the last weekend, where i got to ride with a GS1200 to hampi and back from bangalore. i was ofcourse on the 390.
the GS 1200 belongs to my boss and he must be around 5'8", 55 yrs, and very comfortable on the big horse. he prefers the OEM seat (lowered most position) inspite of having an aftermarket "low seat".
After experiencing the last weekends ride, i have been seriously considering the tiger over the Versys 650. Have always liked the tiger in its previous avatars, but could not think of affording it. Now i feel like begging, borrowing and somehow get the tiger. Still undecided, but will bother you for details, as when when the doubts arise. fingers crossed.

sharing A pic from the last weekends ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Tiger XRx : 6000 km ownership review!-img_1538.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 10:07   #41
BHPian

The XRX is definitely going to be my next bike. Only concern is not being allowed back home if I buy a second bike.
djpeesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 10:51   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan View Post
Why Triumph Tiger XRX ?
I hope your answer to the above question is now more reinforced, after miles miles on the go.

Nice thread, on which I chanced up on only today.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 16:47   #43
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Another question:

How difficult/or easy it is to ride in city condition. Lets say if someone wants use it for daily city (bangalore) commute of 50 kms apart from the weekend long rides which the bike is designed for. Would be helpful if you could share insights from factors such as the weight, flickability, lane splitting, B2B slow moving, heat, etc.
Old 17th October 2015, 00:50   #44
BHPian

Mohan, quick question. How comfortable are the same seats? I'm interested in knowing how comfy are they on long rides, especially for the pillion. The bonnie is mildly comfortable for my better half after the king and queen seat upgrade.
Old 19th October 2015, 12:42   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Another question:

How difficult/or easy it is to ride in city condition. Lets say if someone wants use it for daily city (bangalore) commute of 50 kms apart from the weekend long rides which the bike is designed for. . . heat, etc.
Hi Nasirkaka,

I do a 30kms round trip commute, my friends remark that I am coming in from a GP race as my hair will be wet (LS2 helmet) which is not the case with my bullet, the ventilation is compromised with the windscreen. Regarding flickability it is amazingly capable, the heat will be a bother in pottering traffic and at lights (wear thick jeans). Lane splitting will be difficult as the handlebars are wide and bike is long, 50kms on a Tiger with crawling traffic will not be an enjoyable commute at least after 2-3 months.

All said, I have stopped taking my Tiger to office. Multiple times my neighboring bikers have gone into cars ahead of them, many instances where I have had idiots trying to race me / get too close and similar antics, which is an irritant and makes riding a pain. I now use my Bullet for commuting to office and Tiger is reserved for weekend rides.

YMMV !

-Veera
veerameti is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks