Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2015, 15:30   #1
BHPian

Next-gen Triumph Bonneville family revealed

2016 Bonneville Family

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...led/28362.html

Now that the Bonnie has got a larger 1200cc engine, will Triumph India continue to sell the 865 for some more time (read till stocks are exhausted!) and then bring the 1200cc bikes or both would be sold simultaneously. Also would the last of the 'air-cooled' Bonnies turn into a collector's item?

The new Bonnies still retain the classic looks but a lot of tech stuff has been added (read more things to go wrong). A new feature is that they have tied up with Vance & Hines so some nice exhaust options should be available other than Arrows.

Anyways looking forward to read the actual reviews when they come out esp the shortcomings of power, suspension, short accommodations etc of the outgoing model.

Last edited by Haroon : 28th October 2015 at 15:45.
Haroon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 15:36   #2
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

New Bonneville range revealed

The Bonneville range will soon have three new offerings which will replace their existing counterparts.

The new range includes a 900cc twin named Bonneville Street Twin. The Street Twin will replace the existing Bonneville A3 and looks brilliant with that chopped rear fender !

Quote:
STREET TWIN :
900cc engine | Peak torque 80Nm at 3200 rpm, 18% more than previous model | Upswept brushed stainless steel exhaust system | Reported 36% better fuel economy | Single instrument clock with digital menu | Cast black wheels | Over 150 accessories in official Triumph catalog
Next-gen Triumph Bonneville family revealed-newtriumphbonnevillestreettwin5.jpg

Quote:
T120 and T120 Black :
1200cc engine | Peak torque 105Nm at 3100 rpm, 54% more than outgoing model | Peashooter exhaust system | Road and Rain rider modes | Brushed aluminum engine covers and bronze detailing on the T120 | Black engine covers with machined aluminum detailing on the T120 Black | Three-mode heated grips standard
Next-gen Triumph Bonneville family revealed-newtriumphbonnevillet1206.jpg

Quote:
Thruxton and Thruxton R :
1200cc ‘high power’ engine | Lighter crank, higher compression, different airbox | Peak torque 112Nm at 4950 rpm, 62% more than the previous generation | Twin upswept exhausts with reverse-megaphone end cans—finished in chrome on the Thruxton, and brushed stainless steel on the Thruxton R | Road, Rain and Sport rider modes | Clip-on bars, fully adjustable suspension, 17-inch front wheel for improved handling | ‘Flip top’ Monza style gas cap

The Thruxton R also gets a full suite of Brembo hardware: twin floating discs, racing monobloc calipers and a master cylinder. Suspension is via fully-adjustable Showa big piston forks and Öhlins shocks. Tires are Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsas, and you also get a polished top yoke, an aluminum tank strap, and a clear anodized aluminum swingarm.
Next-gen Triumph Bonneville family revealed-newtriumphbonnevillethruxton7.jpg

Source: Bikeexif

Also do check their UK website, the red Street Twin looks fabulous !!

Triumph UK Website: Triumph UK

Next-gen Triumph Bonneville family revealed-untitled.png

Last edited by //M : 28th October 2015 at 15:42.
//M is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 16:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

The Triumph Thruxton R looks like a hybrid between old school design and a modern roadster. The engine specs on all the motorcycles look decent and evenly matched. My personal preference is for the T120 as it is the closest to what an authentic British motorcycle is. I still feel the original Triumph Thruxton 500 was more authentic and screamed "Very British". But may be it is the old world charm and nostalgia that makes me speaking like this .

It's good to see a couple of British motorcycling companies fighting back the Europeans and Japanese.

Nevertheless both Thruxton and T120 look smashing.
navin_v8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 20:04   #4
BHPian

Boy oh boy! The very sight of the new Thruxton R, especially in the luscious Diablo Red, makes me go all weak at the knees . Classic cafe-racer styling, top-drawer suspension bits, Ride-by-Wire with three riding modes, ABS, traction control, and to top it all off, a rip-snorting 1200cc engine as well! What more could one ask for! Only issue is that, the asking price will be through the roof; around Rs 11 - 12 lakhs would be my guess. Nevertheless, I'm going to work harder to try and get one in the near future .
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Triumph Bonneville family revealed-2016triumphthruxtonr.jpg  

Turbojc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 22:19   #5
BHPian

Loved the 900cc variants - absolutely drool worthy stuff.

That ugly liquid cooler unit in the front somehow just doesn't cut it for me in 1200cc ones , all other technology updates notwithstanding.
outofthebox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 11:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Only issue is that, the asking price will be through the roof; around Rs 11 - 12 lakhs would be my guess.
Not if these are assembled locally or CBU via Thailand. Duties will be much lesser.
quickdraw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 15:51   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
Loved the 900cc variants - absolutely drool worthy stuff.

That ugly liquid cooler unit in the front somehow just doesn't cut it for me in 1200cc ones , all other technology updates notwithstanding.

The 900s are liquid cooled too. just a big bore kit added on to make it 1200.

This ones my pick

The Gold Ohlins dont work for me at all. looks a bit tacky IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Triumph Bonneville family revealed-thrux1.jpg  

Next-gen Triumph Bonneville family revealed-thrux2.jpg  

Next-gen Triumph Bonneville family revealed-thrux3.jpg  

Last edited by nitro.1000bhp : 29th October 2015 at 15:56.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 09:58   #8
BHPian

The Bonnie has always been 'The Practical bike' whether it was ease of riding, power, reliability or pricing.
The new Bonnie as I see has certain things improved over its previous edition the most prominent being the adjustable rear shockers, ABS and liquid cooling,
However looking at the way the company has been slyly increasing the prices of the current bike I am a bit worried that this new bike is going cost way above the present bike and is sadly to loose its charm, while thinking practically that is.
Does the company plan to sell both bikes side by side? well they might do it for a while till stocks last but eventually this new 900cc Bonnie will be the one to carry forward the bastion of this legendary machine.
At the moment I am happy that the new improvements are going to better the already good package, but at the same time I am a bit skeptical about the increased pricing and Bonnie losing the so called "reasonable" tag.
I am confused
schitre05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 20:19   #9
BHPian

Just when i was finding ways and means of deciding to own a bonnie this news breaks out, making things harder and giving a fresh shot of dilemma to me.

Guys any idea of its launch in India and how much dearer the T 120 may become. I guess, this sure is going to touch north of 10 Lacs, making it a "not so affordable" proposition. May be suddenly the harley's would start looking fairly priced if the new range is priced substantially higher. Those torque figures looks so overwhelming and i really am waiting for getting a hands on experience on this baby the moment it touches the Indian shores.
Old 30th October 2015, 20:23   #10
BHPian

I believe its a water radiator dressed up to look like an oil cooler. If so its great attention to detail on a stock bike. Now if only Triumph India lives up to its reputation of being bang on the money. Not more than 7.5lacs ex showroom for the thruxton please? That should get Harley India sweating.
Old 2nd November 2015, 10:35   #11

Re: Next-gen Triumph Bonneville family revealed

The Bonneville was already a sweet machine. Never thought it could get any sweeter. But, boy am I surprised. The Red Bournville looks Yum! I dont think I will be able to afford the new one as I am sure this will be in the 10L+ bucket but I definitely envy those who can
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:14   #12
BHPian

The Thruxton R with the gold forks and brembos looks smashing! Probably the best cafe racer design around I suppose. I'm sure Continental GT owners must be salivating now
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:37   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Not if these are assembled locally or CBU via Thailand. Duties will be much lesser.
I hope so sir. I hope Triumph pulls a rabbit out of the hat, and prices them at a reasonable point . Anything under Rs 10 lakhs would be great IMO.
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:54   #14
BHPian

Splendid efforts by the Triumph folks. Will be interesting to see how they finally price these products. Also most importantly i hope they address the two most important issues for India.
1)For Gods sake put a Fuel cap with Lock and introduce a single key for entire bike
2) Improve the Ground clearance for the notorious indian roads
Old 2nd November 2015, 16:28   #15
BHPian

Great looking bikes! Keen to see how much these weigh, hoping they'll be less than the current Bonnie range, but doubt it. Looking forward to proper ride reviews. Hope they eventually bring the Scrambler kit to India, or if the rumors are true, perhaps whatever full scrambler version they release later in 2016. That T120 in both color schemes look awesome classic Brit-bike correct!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks