Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2015, 11:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

399cc Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 revealed!

Ducati has officially revealed the Scrambler with a 399cc engine and named it the Scrambler Sixty2. The motorcycle uses a 399cc, air-cooled, L-Twin engine with a 72 mm x 49 mm bore x stroke configuration. The claimed power output comes in at 41 BHP @ 8,750 rpm with the peak torque of 34.3 Nm available @ 7,750 rpm.

The motorcycle uses a 6-speed manual transmission that sends the grunt to the rear wheel via a chain drive. The tubular steel trellis frame is supported by Showa forks up front and a Kayaba rear monoshock that can be adjusted for pre-load. The Scrambler Sixty2 is factory fit with Pirelli MT 60 RS tyres (Front: 110/80 R18; Rear: 160/60 R17).

Stopping power comes from a 320 mm single disc brake up front with a 2-piston floating caliper and a 245 mm disc brake at the rear with a single-piston floating caliper. A Bosch sourced ABS is included in the standard equipment.

In terms of appearance, you'd be hard pressed to tell the Sixty2 apart from its 803cc older sibling, but the bike does get a black painted frame, black exhaust, a rear mudguard like the Scrambler Classic, front mudguard, alloy wheels and seat like the Scrambler Icon's, and is offered in three colours specific to the Sixty2 i.e. “Atomic Tangerine,” “Ocean Grey,” and "Shining Black.”

399cc Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 revealed!-1.jpg

399cc Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 revealed!-4.jpg

399cc Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 revealed!-2.jpg

399cc Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 revealed!-3.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 17th November 2015 at 13:35.
Tushar is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 12:12   #2
BHPian

Re: 399cc Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 revealed!

I distinctly remember that at the EICMA 2013, Claudio Domenicali stated that Ducati had no interest in making motorcycles with a displacement less than 600cc. He stated that Ducati had a sole intention of staying a high performance luxury motorcycle brand. This comes as a surprise to me. However, looking at the power and torque figures shown this puts the Sixty2 in direct competition with the KTM Duke390. Seeing the reputation that the Duke 390 has garnered in the rest of the world especially the USA, I am interested to see how Ducati play this game.
bharat.joshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 12:28   #3

The Scrambler is one of the most beautiful bikes out there.. With the Sixty2 they are definitely going to get more affordable. But, its a Ducati. So, its bound to be expensive on the maintenance side and low on the reliability side when compared to their Japanese counterparts.
I hope this one makes it to India soon and a good pricepoint!
ta.joseph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 14:10   #4
BHPian

Good news that Ducati is venturing into smaller displacement bike segments, of course it will always be a premium brand amongst the others. Comparisons with KTM 390 are bound to happen however I feel KTM will win on pricing part and servicing part for an end customer. I read online it may be priced around 5+ lacs, lets see how Ducati plays with the pricing and places it in competition.
invincible7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 15:33   #5
BHPian

Ducati for street 750 money? Shut up and take my money!( when I have it )
Good move by Ducati, this will help them to generate a little extra dough which may be helpful considering the state of Vw. With that being said, I hope they don't price it unreasonably. First the Beemer 300 and now this! Good times ahead.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 20:13   #6
BHPian

It is lovely indeed and those specs look juicy as hell. It needs to come around the 3.5-4lac OTR. Anything more and the Duke is all set to chew it and spit it out for breakfast. Also, this will definitely be making its way here.

This and the new low end Beemer, both feel like really amazing bikes. This is a good time to be a biker.
ashwin1224 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks