Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2016, 14:21   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I'm still not convinced if I should book the Versys 650 as there are chances of me relocating out of Pune soon, so do not want the RTO hassles if I'll have to take the bike elsewhere. Better to wait for a few months till the tide settles at the workplace. It will also give me a good 3-4 month window period to wait for the Triumph Street Twin and then make an informed decision after analysing the service costs of both the bikes.
Good Decision

With regards to service costs, Triumph's will be significantly higher.

For e.g. :

Versys 650 ( 8000kms) : Rs. 3000-Rs.3500/Per Standard Service

Street Twin ( 10,000kms) : Rs. 6500-Rs.7000/Per Standard Service

Since the street twin will now be liquid cooled and if that helps in pushing the service interval to 15000kms then their service costs will be at par.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 16:46   #167

Finally I was able to visit the kawasaki showroom to have look at the Versys 650. As mentioned by other T-BHP members it looks pretty similar to Versys 1000 and is indeed a big bike. Though its heavy I found that the weight is well balanced.

The on road price is Rs.777078 with a waiting period of minimum 1 month. I checked about test ride and the reply was that they dont have enough bikes for sale itself so test ride will only be available after 1-2 months. Bajaj finance is providing loan at 7.5% - 7.9% depending on loan duration. Minimum down payment is Rs165477 and the booking amount is Rs50k.

The store manager Mr.Rahim was happy to start the machine upon my request. Sound is pretty subtle and closely resembles Duke 390 i guess. Overall it looks and feels like a very good package.

To give you the perspective of the bike dimension attaching a picture. I am 6'3" so I had no problem with keeping my foot firmly on the floor. I think it should be more less ok for people above say 5'10".
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-img_20160120_143130.jpg  

gprajeesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 17:07   #168
BHPian

Finally made a decision to move away from Harley and booked Versys today and I am happy about my decision for now.

Surprisingly the on-road price in Kalyani is 775783/- and the waiting period is less than 10 days. They would need 10 to 15 days to settle the RTO formalities and they can start the registration only by 1st week of Feb. Requested them to deliver my bike in the first week of Feb while he was fine to deliver it within five days.

Spent lot of time there at the showroom checking the bike and starting it multiple times and also kinda pushing the bike inside the showroom to feel the weight while there was no test ride.

Based on my review and analysis seems like a value for money package and a good bike at this price range. Could not substantiate 6L more for Tiger XR like I mentioned in my earlier post and kind of made a heavy decision not to go for one other Harley while there were many pre-owned that were available and tempting me to buy again.

Maybe I will get back to Harley once I get older than what I am now

Will soon start my thread on my delivery experience and ownership review once I much good miles may be 1000 kms on the bike. Rest assured I will not take more than a week to cover this odo.

Last edited by mobike008 : 20th January 2016 at 17:23. Reason: Only 2 smileys per post. I know your excited :)
Dust_Harl is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 17:23   #169
BHPian

Today visited the KTM Adyar showroom to take a look at the Versys. Manager Mr. Srinivasan was kind enough to help me check out the bike and even answered all my questions patiently, though he knew my booking in a different showroom.

Bike looked really good and quality of fit and finish is good. I am almost 6" and had no problems throwing my leg on the right side and get on to the bike. As mentioned by previous posters, looks a bit compact compared to Versys 1000 and definitely not intimidating. May be we should try both the bikes together in one place to see the difference. Seats seem quite comfortable too. Have to try it on the long drives to see how they are. It would take a month more for registration process to happen. Bajaj finance is providing the loan and they need to work out their loan offer details for this. Expected to take a couple of days.

Here are some pictures for reference.

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-right.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-left.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-engine.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-front-wheel.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-saree.jpg

Paddock stands can be supported with Bobbins

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-swing.jpg

Storage. Seat is a single piece.

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-storage.jpg

You can see coolant level for top-up.

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-coolant.jpg

I am almost 6" and I can keep my foot completely on ground. I am sure, for anyone below 5'7", this bike is going to be challenging.
Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-foot.jpg

Topbox placeholder.
Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-topbox.jpg

This is me in Kawasaki type green t-shirt
Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-prabu.jpg

Overall, I am impressed with the bike and its stance. I have also recorded a video of its exhaust. Here is the link:

Another one:

Last edited by vprabu : 20th January 2016 at 17:27.
vprabu is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 20:28   #170
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Finally I was able to visit the kawasaki showroom to have look at the Versys 650.
Is this a showroom in Bangalore? if yes, which one? I called the indoranagar kawasaki/ktm today and they still have not received the bike.
Old 20th January 2016, 21:38   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Is this a showroom in Bangalore? if yes, which one? I called the indoranagar kawasaki/ktm today and they still have not received the bike.
Nasirkaka it's in Indira Nagar kawasaki showroom only. Just ask for store manager Rahim. He give you all the details.
Old 20th January 2016, 21:40   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are there more than one? I thought the "Exclusive" Kawasaki brand store was the one at Indiranagar/KTM showroom adjacent one.
Old 21st January 2016, 10:37   #173
Senior - BHPian

I am very happy to see the interest of our folks in this ADV sport tourer. Its good to see our riders waking up to the concept of ADV motorcycles. This really shows the need of the hour for us Indian riders given our road conditions and lack of touring bike options in the sub 10 lakh rupee category. I would've been delighted if Kawasaki offered another variant of an all out ADV tourer with spoke wheels having 21 inch front and 18 inch rear configuration, knobby tyres, metal panniers, 12V charging point, GPS dash, etc. But as they say something is better than nothing, so the Versys 650 will suffice for now.

From the gentlemen who have seen this bike in flesh were you guys able to spot a 12V charging unit on this considering it is a Versys 650 ABS and not the LT. Do we at least have an option to retrofit a 12V charging port via Kawasaki genuine accessories.
Old 21st January 2016, 10:59   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nasirkaka it's in Indira Nagar kawasaki showroom only. Just ask for store manager Rahim. He give you all the details.
Strange! I spoke to Hitesh at indiranagar showroom and he said bike it yet to arrive. Will call again today and check the scene.

Quote:
Are there more than one? I thought the "Exclusive" Kawasaki brand store was the one at Indiranagar/KTM showroom adjacent one.
Versys 650 will be sold by KTM outlets and not through India Kawasaki. The low end kawasaki bikes such as ninja 300, Z250, ninja 650, Er6n, versys 650 are the bikes sold via KTM outlets, rest through exclusive kawasaki showrooms.

Quote:
From the gentlemen who have seen this bike in flesh were you guys able to spot a 12V charging unit on this considering it is a Versys 650 ABS and not the LT. Do we at least have an option to retrofit a 12V charging port via Kawasaki genuine accessories.
the LT (light touring) version of Versys 650 has a 12V socket as OEM, but this variant is not available in India. However, there is a provision for same next to the console and we can retro-fit the charger.
Old 21st January 2016, 11:24   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the LT (light touring) version of Versys 650 has a 12V socket as OEM, but this variant is not available in India. However, there is a provision for same next to the console and we can retro-fit the charger.
You could check this

http://myresonate.com/chargep.html
Old 21st January 2016, 12:07   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
I am very happy to see the interest of our folks in this ADV sport tourer. Its good to see our riders waking up to the concept of ADV motorcycles. This really shows the need of the hour for us Indian riders given our road conditions and lack of touring bike options in the sub 10 lakh rupee category. I would've been delighted if Kawasaki offered another variant of an all out ADV tourer with spoke wheels having 21 inch front and 18 inch rear configuration, knobby tyres, metal panniers, 12V charging point, GPS dash, etc. But as they say something is better than nothing, so the Versys 650 will suffice for now.
Wow! That is an awesome wish list. At least I am always a big fan of tourers like the Road Kings, Electra glides and Gold Wings of the world. But, I am not sure if I would spend so much $$$ on these biggies.

However, manufacturers do not bother to address the need of many people who are looking for bikes under 10L category. How many would buy tourers at 25L+ above the price bracket? I am at least to have Versys 650 now. Hopefully in the near future, we will have many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
No stock USB port offered. But have to be installed through the accessories route.

Just a quick update on the accessories pricing:
  • Fog lamps - 33,830
  • Hand guard with shell - 15,010
  • Top case set - 38,560
  • Knee pad/tank pad - 5,060
  • Pannier case set - 79,830
  • Frame sliders - 17,360
  • DC power socket - 5,570

Except the DC power socket, rest of them have to be ordered. I am definitely going with DC power socket and the Frame sliders while taking the delivery. However, I am still confused on so many posts suggesting against frame sliders.

Any suggestions welcome.

Moderators: Please merge the back to back post if required.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st January 2016 at 15:56.
vprabu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 17:13   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surajit333 View Post
Hi there,

Are you referring to a showroom in Bangalore, if yes, which one?

Thanks
Surajit
Saw it in Banashankari KTM , I had bought my duke 390 there and know the manager well. Also any Kawasaki vehicle from 650cc and below will be sold in all KTM showrooms too.

Last edited by raj.barcode : 21st January 2016 at 17:15.
raj.barcode is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 17:23   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just a quick update on the accessories pricing:
  • Fog lamps - 33,830
  • Hand guard with shell - 15,010
  • Top case set - 38,560
  • Knee pad/tank pad - 5,060
  • Pannier case set - 79,830
  • Frame sliders - 17,360
  • DC power socket - 5,570
Whoa! Expensive accessories i feel.
Except sliders, are they offering any other type of guard? i was more interested in a metal, something on these lines:

Also, will have to talk to the showroom and see if after-market spares having similar electrical specs will violate warranty, as i feel stuff like LED aux lamps and 12V sockets can be procured locally at a reasonable price.

Last edited by nasirkaka : 21st January 2016 at 17:45.
Old 21st January 2016, 18:05   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Whoa! Expensive accessories i feel.
Except sliders, are they offering any other type of guard? i was more interested in a metal, something on these lines:[/IMG]

Also, will have to talk to the showroom and see if after-market spares having similar electrical specs will violate warranty, as i feel stuff like LED aux lamps and 12V sockets can be procured locally at a reasonable price.
I asked for the radiator grille guard and it is not available as OE fitment. IMO, this is important as the front fender is short and might throw the dirt, small stones straight onto the radiator. Alternatively, I also saw, fender extenders in AliEx that would require drilling a few holes on the fender for fixing.

I am sure the guard is available in PRS or AliExpress. There are many non-electrical accessories available in AliExpress and I regularly buy from them. I will check with my Sunday ride friends on these accessories and post it here. Any electrical accessory, I am not usually comfortable with non-OE fitments as we are not sure how much load they have on the bikes' electrical system, leave alone the messy cutting and taping work that the service guys do.

What accessories would you guys like to have it on the bike to begin with?

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd January 2016 at 05:47. Reason: Please do not quote images, vidoes when replying to a post as it inconveniences our mobile users
Old 21st January 2016, 19:40   #180
BHPian

Just had back to back test rides. All my doubts of going wrong with booking without a test ride put to rest. It handles beautifully. Breaks nicely, soaks up bumps like almost not there.
Had my test rides at South Delhi Kawasaki, very friendly dealer n sales guy. (Saubhagya n Lokesh)

I am 5 10 and I could easily flat foot with a normal shoe (no high heel variety)

Enquired about accessories, they cost a bomb 😈
Side Panniers 89 k
Top Box 47 k
Fog Lamps 40 k
12 Volt Socket 12 k
Gear Indicator 17 k
Total stuff which makes it the GT version costs 2lakh 15 k....

SW MOTECH main stand costs 18 k, which I think it's a must.

So genuine accessories are going to cost quite a bit. They are not stocking it. All accessories are on firm order only.
Fog lamp comes with complete wire harness, switch, mounting kit to the last bolt & is a 12 watt LED system.

Whatever cost of accessories etcetera I am sold on the bike. It's a thumbs up 👍👍
techfreak is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed