Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2016, 20:05   #181
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Just had back to back test rides. All my doubts of going wrong with booking without a test ride put to rest. It handles beautifully. Breaks nicely, soaks up bumps like almost not there.
Had my test rides at South Delhi Kawasaki, very friendly dealer n sales guy. (Saubhagya n Lokesh)
Glad that you liked it. Probably, you are the first in the country to have a test ride as a customer may be :-)

Please check my post above on the accessories cost. Your quote seems pretty steep. I am thinking between a centre stand and a paddock stand.

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd January 2016 at 05:46. Reason: Please avoid quoting full post for a short reply. Thanks!
Old 21st January 2016, 20:10   #182
BHPian

I think a centre stand will be more useful than a paddock stand. I am initially planning on a centre stand, fog lamps n locally sourced saddle bag to start with though the OE fog lamp price is a dampener to be truthful. I am also thinking of getting a locally sourced fog lamp may be eBay amazon kind. Let's see..
Old 21st January 2016, 20:51   #183
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I am also thinking of getting a locally sourced fog lamp may be eBay amazon kind. Let's see..
How about this? Been using on my 390 for ages now, without a single hassle.
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-01-03.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-01-02.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-01-05.jpg  

Old 21st January 2016, 22:28   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
12 Volt Socket 12 k
12K for a 12V socket

Pardon the clich, but is it made out of gold?
Old 21st January 2016, 23:27   #185
BHPian

@nasirkaka would appreciate if you can share little more detail n source of the lights you are using.
TIA.
Old 22nd January 2016, 05:58   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
How about this? Been using on my 390 for ages now, without a single hassle.
Quote:
@nasirkaka would appreciate if you can share little more detail n source of the lights you are using.
TIA.
I agree. Paying such exorbitant prices for accessories is just not given and exploring alternate options would be really good

I too had similar aux/fog lamps on my Classic 500 and they worked beautifully for a very long time (2+ years) and I remember vividly that I paid Rs.2600/- for the pair and they were bigger than the ones than posted by nasirkaka

Quote:
Just had back to back test rides. All my doubts of going wrong with booking without a test ride put to rest. It handles beautifully. Breaks nicely, soaks up bumps like almost not there.
It's a thumbs up
Congratulations, like vprabhu said you are now a distinguished member of the forum being the first member to have take a test ride of V650

Nice to know how it handles and soaks up bumps nicely. I am also keen to know how is the throttle response and low-end torque? Do you need a lot of revving or slight twist to throttle is enough to pick up good pace?

How many kms was this test ride?

I came across this latest article ; Suspension of Versys 650 seems to be really a piece of art !!! Fantastic news for all prospective buyers.

http://overdrive.in/opinions/what-th...650-taught-me/
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 09:28   #187
BHPian

Woah! This thread has just blown up! Very clear indication that manufacturers need to get more interesting products to keep customers. With the Himalayan and the Versys we have 2 choices in a span of 3 months. I really wish the Versys all the best! Its a fantastic bike for the price. Some more info on accessories( not the Factory oeverpriced stuff) is the need of the hour.
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:29   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TIA.
Here is the link to CREE LED lighting. They are decent company for LED solutions and have many products for motorcycles. Pls have a look at the below site to get better understanding.

http://a2z-motorcycle-superstore.com...x#.VqG-DFIwAXw

The OEM accessories cost does not make sense at all. Lets try and find out the difference if we were to buy them from abroad, and get through a friend. The cost difference between versys and LT in international market is about a lakh, where as the cost of those many accessories are shooting 2+L when bought separately in India.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 12:13   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Here is the link to CREE LED lighting. They are decent company for LED solutions and have many products for motorcycles. Pls have a look at the below site to get better understanding.

http://a2z-motorcycle-superstore.com...x#.VqG-DFIwAXw
These lights are available in Biking Spirit, Bangalore. I had picked up a pair of 10w LEDs last week from them and have just got it fitted on my bike. I think they are a good VFM investment and they come with a warranty as well.
Old 22nd January 2016, 12:27   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
These lights are available in Biking Spirit, Bangalore. I had picked up a pair of 10w LEDs last week from them and have just got it fitted on my bike. I think they are a good VFM investment and they come with a warranty as well.
Although these are called fog lamps, being LED and white in colour they would hardly penetrate the fog. a pair of 10W lamps are good enough for illuminate the low beam region and sides of the road. Should work well in tandem with the OEM twin lamps to gain good overall illumination. What need to be worked out is the fitment and warranty related issues.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 11:24   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyderabad Update :

I was told by the head who leads all dealerships here that he paid and placed an order for 1 bike and it should have come last Saturday. It didn't arrive last week, When I spoke to him this Monday, he says this Saturday there will be 3 bikes arriving but, my conversation with him last evening revealed that it will be dispatched today and will be in Hyderabad on Tuesday/Wednesday next week. I won't believe till I actually see it now....

He was courteous and apologetic and mentioned will deliver the bike immediately ( as there will be 3 of them coming---God knows how much of that is true) next week when they arrive

It's simply pathetic and horrible start to Kawasaki Versys 650 story in India with respect to how the company has managed the launch, information clarity and operational detailing

Versys 650 better be really good for me to overlook all these teething issues and still buy it

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd January 2016 at 11:26.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 12:54   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Had my test rides at South Delhi Kawasaki, very friendly dealer n sales guy. (Saubhagya n Lokesh)

Whatever cost of accessories etcetera I am sold on the bike. It's a thumbs up 👍👍
Just wanted to check with you on the following:

1. Was the bike rideable below 3000rpm levels? I found in a review that some bikes had issues in this rpm range and constant downshift was the only solution it seems. It made it impractical within city limits. However, it was not observed in all the bikes.

2. Did you feel any vibration around 4000-6000 rpm levels? This rpm range seems notorious for causing worst vibrations at the foot pegs and in the mirror it is noted on some reviews. Someone had reported that during the second break-in he found this to be a major issue.

3. Anything else observed by you and not reported otherwise? How is the turning radius?
Old 24th January 2016, 13:28   #193
BHPian

@vprabu regarding rideability below 3k RPM yes the motor losses it's sting below that rpm but it was nothing like unrideable but yes it reqd couple of downshifts. But at the same time I didn't feel any judder and all and it was still pulling at 3rd/4th gear, just that my habit to remain in torque band that I down shifted.

Regarding vibrations at 4 to 6 k RPM it was not there. I went upto 120 kmph and I vaguely remember hitting 6 k rpm but there was no abnormal vibration so to say.

Rest I felt the handle bar could be a little more towards the rider though that's not possible without a handlebar riser at both lock position there was just minimal gap from the tank. Again this is something of a personal choice so may not be a problem for others.
techfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 16:43   #194
Senior - BHPian

dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 20:03   #195
BHPian

Waiting is painful. Yups when waiting for delivery of my Versys happened to do this calculation.
It costs Kawasaki 2,40,545 to import a Versys 650 from Thailand.
Adding 139.5% tax and considering 6,60,000 sale price Kawasaki India makes about 83,895 profit a piece. Though other overheads like tpt, assembly cost etc is not catered for which will further erode the profit I am sure.

Just some figurative knowledge.
By the way as per zauba till now 120 Versys 650 have been imported to India from Thailand.

Last edited by techfreak : 24th January 2016 at 20:21.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks