Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 16:45   #256
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Called and they gave some container related issue in transit, and if i go with them, they will delivery by around 10th of Feb. Called Indiranagar as well and they asked me to call tomorrow when they will be able to give me a better picture. Although i am not desperate for delivery but you know how it is. Once the mind is set on something, it wants is asap.
Yes. Spoke to my dealer and it seems only two bikes were shipped to Karnataka and rest seems to have some container issue. The bikes are available in abundant in stock and seems like Kawasaki did not plan their logistics and the bikes are not fitting in their regular logistics solution because of the size of the bikes. Seems like bikes will not be in South before 10th or 15th Feb and only then the delivery will start. And this may be an issue across as well.

What a sad beginning to Kawasaki Versys launch. It will definitely fizzle down the interest level. Reminds me of well known joke where they say everything is booked for the wedding and the dates are fixed including the Mantap. Just that the bridegroom is not yet finalized.

How can they go wrong on logistics which is the most important piece to ship their bikes on time.

@Avi: Seems like your wait will increase to see the bike in flesh in Hyderabad and so is the case in other parts of India as well.

Last edited by Dust_Harl : 28th January 2016 at 16:51.
Dust_Harl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 16:45   #257
BHPian

Another quick question. If we are going with frame sliders, do we really the engine guard too? I got the price list from BigBadBikes and a lot of options available.

Interestingly, I find the Denali aux lights to be pricier than the Kawi ones. Not sure if they are superior in functionality over the Kawi one.

In fact, the OE accessory pricing along with required hardware seem cheaper to me. The equivalent 3rd party options are a bit expensive. Am I right in that perspective?
Old 28th January 2016, 17:11   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
Yes. Spoke to my dealer and it seems only two bikes were shipped to Karnataka and rest seems to have some container issue.
So AKS, you getting your bike as scheduled or no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
Another quick question. If we are going with frame sliders, do we really the engine guard too? I got the price list from BigBadBikes and a lot of options available.

Interestingly, I find the Denali aux lights to be pricier than the Kawi ones. Not sure if they are superior in functionality over the Kawi one.

In fact, the OE accessory pricing along with required hardware seem cheaper to me. The equivalent 3rd party options are a bit expensive. Am I right in that perspective?
Denali is a premium brand so its expensive.

To ansyour question about frame sliders and engine guard -- this pic should help.

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-crash-bar.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th January 2016 at 08:12. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 28th January 2016, 18:42   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Spoke to my dealer and it seems only two bikes were shipped to Karnataka and rest seems to have some container issue. The bikes are available in abundant in stock and seems like Kawasaki did not plan their logistics and the bikes are not fitting in their regular logistics solution because of the size of the bikes. Seems like bikes will not be in South before 10th or 15th Feb and only then the delivery will start. And this may be an issue across as well.

What a sad beginning to Kawasaki Versys launch. It will definitely fizzle down the interest level. Reminds me of well known joke where they say everything is booked for the wedding and the dates are fixed including the Mantap. Just that the bridegroom is not yet finalized.

How can they go wrong on logistics which is the most important piece to ship their bikes on time.

@Avi: Seems like your wait will increase to see the bike in flesh in Hyderabad and so is the case in other parts of India as well.
Somehow I am unable to buy this dealer's statements. IMO, these guys are placing the order in very conservative manner as they are unable to predict the demand for this model. It could be because Kawi is known for its sports models and this being a tourer, they could be thinking it may not move fast. Adding to the problem are these unsold Versys 1000s. I dont know how many are still in showrooms. The same logistics people had shipped the Versys 1000 a while back any way. If so how come they can face issues now?

I think each dealer have ordered for only two. This is to take the bike to the RTO registration process. Had a mail chat with my dealer who got (i think) two bikes for his other showroom and nothing for the showroom where I booked. He is waiting for RTO approval and only after this he is going to place the order. So, I dont see any sight of my bike getting delivered before end of Feb.

Old 28th January 2016, 22:59   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
So AKS, you getting your bike as scheduled or no?
Shubz, my bike is one of the two bikes that is already with the dealer. If he manages to register on Saturday or Monday, it will be the first Versys 650 in Bangalore provided Kiviraj motors in Indiranagar do not register before that.

@Vprabu sir, As per the dealer more than 20 bikes are booked in Bangalore and I at least know five including two on TBHP waiting for their bike. Don't think it is the situation of the dealer being conservative on the order as many of these are confirmed bookings and waiting for the bike.

I suppose the order on big bikes like V1000 and H2 are always one or two at a time and are shipped separately. Considering the no. of bookings this seems to be a mass shipment and that is where they seem to be stuck.
Old 28th January 2016, 23:01   #261
Senior - BHPian

RTO homologation etc must be done by now. Isn't it? Would you be able to check? If yes then your registration should be done by tomorrow and should be able to roll out in Saturday.
Old 29th January 2016, 08:19   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks DH. I have stopped dreaming about the V650 now and will take it as it comes.

Followed up enough with Kawi dealer here but, his responses are ambiguous so don't want to waste my time on such individuals

One of the trip I wanted to do was a repeat of my Kerala trip ( My Kerala travelogue is in travelogues section that you can check out) on the bike as some of those roads are simply heaven to ride a bike (plenty of twisties surrounded by thick foliage)

When it happens, it happens

Quote:
Shubz, my bike is one of the two bikes that is already with the dealer. If he manages to register on Saturday or Monday, it will be the first Versys 650 in Bangalore provided Kiviraj motors in Indiranagar do not register before that.
Awesome. Don't miss the chance of taking delivery on Saturday. We are waiting for your ride feedback on Sunday
Old 29th January 2016, 12:26   #263
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Followed up enough with Kawi dealer here but, his responses are ambiguous so don't want to waste my time on such individuals
Called up Indiranagar KTM (khivraj motors) regarding clarity on deliveries, and they still seem clueless. Its really frustrating. They are not even sure on what my booking number is. Vaguely saying i am 4th or 5th, and that is just at one of their outlets in Bangalore, total they have 5 outlets. So overall i am not sure where i stand in terms of booking number. On insisting, they said they have ordered 10 bikes combined for all khivraj outlets in Bangalore, so i am doubtful about getting mine in the first lot. If not, i will definitely try availability at other (non-khivraj) outlets.
Old 29th January 2016, 14:13   #264
BHPian

Quote:
RTO homologation etc must be done by now. Isn't it? Would you be able to check? If yes then your registration should be done by tomorrow and should be able to roll out in Saturday.
Seems like I will get my bike with only TR and there seems to be some RTO related issue that they need to sort and so registration may take more time. I don't want to take the bike out of the showroom without registration. Now the dealer is saying he can try for registration on Monday but he is not sure.

So this leaves me in complete confusion if I need to pick the bike tomorrow or wait till it gets registered. Do not want to take any chance as the bike may not even have valid insurance if it is not registered. The only advantage of taking the bike tomorrow is that it will be parked at my place than in their stock yard till it gets registered.

Not sure what are these Kawasaki guys are upto and why is there so much confusion across. Do they want to somehow push this till IBW and do a relaunch there? Don't think so.
Old 29th January 2016, 14:23   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seems like I will get my bike with only TR and there seems to be some RTO related issue that they need to sort and so registration may take more time. I don't want to take the bike out of the showroom without registration. Now the dealer is saying he can try for registration on Monday but he is not sure.

So this leaves me in complete confusion if I need to pick the bike tomorrow or wait till it gets registered. Do not want to take any chance as the bike may not even have valid insurance if it is not registered. The only advantage of taking the bike tomorrow is that it will be parked at my place than in their stock yard till it gets registered.

Not sure what are these Kawasaki guys are upto and why is there so much confusion across. Do they want to somehow push this till IBW and do a relaunch there? Don't think so.
Oh AKS -- Just take it on TR!! and get the permanent number later on. Exactly what I am doing with the my Multi.

I thought you knew better -- My Iron 883 - went all over the place including Goa and back on a TR.

Fatboy - was on TR for a couple of weeks.

Multi -- if I ain't getting the number by tomorrow -- will be on TR too! and I care a damn if its TR or perm reg. I am taking delivery! (please come around if you are free -- around 3 pm at their Victoria Layout service center)

Tx
Old 29th January 2016, 14:26   #266
BHPian

@Dust_Harl

Fiasco sounds very typical of Khivraj. Best not to keep your hopes alive at what they say.

Kawasaki bikes are as good as Khivraj is bad in my experience. You will learn more if you were to service your bike at Kasturba !!!

You can get an insurance without registration number. Reg number can be filled in later. At least that was how I worked out mine, from HDFC.

I would pick up the bike and garage it at home instead of letting the bike stay under the showroom or their peenya warehouse with all those rats running around. One of the kawasaki store guy in fact narrated me a story of how a rat cut through the seat of a brand new Z1000 at their basement.
Old 29th January 2016, 15:36   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Oh AKS -- Just take it on TR!! and get the permanent number later on. Exactly what I am doing with the my Multi.

Multi -- if I ain't getting the number by tomorrow -- will be on TR too! and I care a damn if its TR or perm reg. I am taking delivery! (please come around if you are free -- around 3 pm at their Victoria Layout service center)

Tx
yup and hoping for the same and planning to take delivery tomorrow. If I don't pick it up tomorrow then will definitely visit Ducati @ 3 pm Shubz. Many congratulations and good to hear about your multi delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
@Dust_Harl

Fiasco sounds very typical of Khivraj. Best not to keep your hopes alive at what they say.
One of the kawasaki store guy in fact narrated me a story of how a rat cut through the seat of a brand new Z1000 at their basement.
Yes Sojogator and exactly the reason why I want don't want to leave it with the dealer once it is identified as my bike. Don't want the rats to take first ride and meddle with the seat and other wiring

Still waiting for the dealer to confirm and hopefully I will join Shubz and pick my bike the same day.
Old 29th January 2016, 17:48   #268
BHPian

Is anyone aware what is the system of KTM/KAWASAKI dealer tracking their shipments from factory. Do they get the VIN number of the vehicle, truck details when the bikes gets despatched from factory. My dealer says bike despatched but no further details. Confused what to do? 😬
Old 31st January 2016, 20:53   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Dust_Harl : What's the latest update? Hope you took delivery of your bike and went for a ride today?

If yes, do share the ride report and pictures ASAP?
Old 31st January 2016, 22:36   #270
BHPian

Unfortunately the dealer could not give me the bike on Saturday as he needs to get at least TR to take the bike out. He has confirmed for Monday i.e. tomorrow delivery. He is yet to call me in the morning and confirm. Sensing something fishy but don't know what it is or the reason for delayed delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks