Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2016, 12:24   #61
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
He recommended that I should visit the CBU showroom and check out the V 1000 as he mentioned V 650 is almost identical

Can someone confirm if that's true?

1. height X width X wheelbase same?

2. Are other parts of bike cosmetically identical or is there a difference?

3. I know the weight difference between both bikes is 28 kgs but, it would be nice to feel the bike if # 1 and # 2 are same
Here's a quick comparo dimension wise:
Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-capture.jpg

The differences are very nominal, so ineffect, dynamics wise they should be ALMOST indentical. You can see the further simlarities/ differences here
http://motorcycles.axlegeeks.com/com...-Versys-650-LT

So mobike ji, moving from Bonnie to Versys?

Last edited by hifisharu : 6th January 2016 at 12:27.
hifisharu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 12:53   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I can answer this one for you. Yes the V1000 is ALMOST Identical to the V650. There is the V1000 available at Bangalore Kawasaki Showroom (Indiranagar).
Thanks Shubz, I was in Bangalore over last weekend. Should have checked it out

Anyways, there is a V1000 available in Hyderabad too and luckily the showroom is just 2kms from home. Will be seeing it on Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Here's a quick comparo dimension wise:
Attachment 1457124

The differences are very nominal, so ineffect, dynamics wise they should be ALMOST indentical. You can see the further simlarities/ differences here
http://motorcycles.axlegeeks.com/com...-Versys-650-LT

So mobike ji, moving from Bonnie to Versys?
Thanks Hifisharu, Dimensions are almost identical....good to know that

Infact, 650 seems to be taller...Nice for me

I was always a fan of the Tiger but it's price kept me away. Now a tiger comparable bike at such mouth watering price is hard to ignore. eh?
Old 6th January 2016, 17:06   #63
Senior - BHPian

How much do the Adjustable shocks help anyways? Personally i have no experience except in my 390 i have got the rear pre-load set to 2nd from softest. I have tried the softest as well, but it use to scrape the high speed breakers. Even at 2nd softest, it does scrape occasionally.
Coming back to topic, i did not find any major difference when shifting the pre-load on the rear shock on my 390 and all the shocks from the road is transferred to the body. Would it make a big difference on bikes like versys where both the shocks are adjustable? I found the shocks on the tiger xrx test ride to be extremely comfy over broken roads.
Old 7th January 2016, 09:11   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
How much do the Adjustable shocks help anyways? Personally i have no experience except in my 390 i have got the rear pre-load set to 2nd from softest. I have tried the softest as well, but it use to scrape the high speed breakers. Even at 2nd softest, it does scrape occasionally.
Coming back to topic, i did not find any major difference when shifting the pre-load on the rear shock on my 390 and all the shocks from the road is transferred to the body. Would it make a big difference on bikes like versys where both the shocks are adjustable? I found the shocks on the tiger xrx test ride to be extremely comfy over broken roads.
Adjustable shocks on both wheels gives better dynamic ability to the package compared to the simpler preload settings on rear wheel for most bikes. Also the adjustment in the Versys is a simple twist dial unit, unlike the conventional ones which require you to bring out a spanner. So its easier to dial in the amount of comfort or stiffness needed on the road, based on the terrain, load and speeds. Also setting up the load settings on the front suspension will help eliminate road shocks from your arms, leading to better comfort when required.
apachelongbow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 11:46   #65
BHPian

I got a chance to sit on the V1000 - It's definitely very assuring. Start the engine and it brings that silly grin on your face, the Kawi in-line 4 is a dream, really a piece of art if you have the feels for it. The level of engineering! It astonishes me that we humans evolved from single celled organisms have reached this far and achieved this feat of marvel. Anyway, coming back to the point, has anyone actually gotten their hands on the V650 in Bengaluru? Any idea when the test ride bike will arrive in here?

Found this interesting video on YouTube - It's a VAC Port mod on a V650 (I think it's an older generation). Now I'm no expert, but it interesting to watch him strip the fairing and remove the tank. I noticed that the 'air box' as he calls it is under the fuel tank on top of the cyl head... does this mean we will have to remove so many parts to change an air filter?
Old 7th January 2016, 14:19   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawan_dubey View Post
Now I'm no expert, but it interesting to watch him strip the fairing and remove the tank. I noticed that the 'air box' as he calls it is under the fuel tank on top of the cyl head... does this mean we will have to remove so many parts to change an air filter?
Yes, that is the case with most sports bike layouts. The Airbox sits right above the engine to maximise air flow. It was the same case with my Street, one needs to tilt/remove the fuel tank to get to the airbox/ filter

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-maxresdefault.jpg
Old 7th January 2016, 16:08   #67
Senior - BHPian

My boss Got the delivery of his Ducati Multi-Strada (first in Bangalore) Yesterday and got it to office today. Hes also has a 2015 BMW GS1200. What an enviable Lineup.

Sat on the Mustistrada (could not gather enough courage to ask for a small ride) and could easily plant both my feet on ground. Two seat setting are possible, 840mm and 820mm, and this was set at lowest. Felt much lower then V1000. and what a bike, what presence, what detailing, what finish and what not technology. Dont think words can describe it. Full drool material.
Old 7th January 2016, 16:15   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My boss Got the delivery of his Ducati Multi-Strada (first in Bangalore) Yesterday and got it to office today. Hes also has a 2015 BMW GS1200. What an enviable Lineup.

Sat on the Mustistrada (could not gather enough courage to ask for a small ride) and could easily plant both my feet on ground. Two seat setting are possible, 840mm and 820mm, and this was set at lowest. Felt much lower then V1000. and what a bike, what presence, what detailing, what finish and what not technology. Dont think words can describe it. Full drool material.
yes you are so right. No words can describe it!

But I think its the 4th Multistrada. 3 had already landed. 2 were already delivered. the 3rd had a little scratch on the front fender so it was put up for display until the part arrived. and then they got a 4th - a Multistrada 1200 Standard.

crossing fingers that the 5th could be mine (Amen!)

Sorry for the folks!
Old 7th January 2016, 17:09   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I think its the 4th Multistrada. 3 had already landed. 2 were already delivered. the 3rd had a little scratch on the front fender so it was put up for display until the part arrived. and then they got a 4th - a Multistrada 1200 Standard.

crossing fingers that the 5th could be mine (Amen!)
WOW!! Thats some news. Big congratulations!!

As i was told, the VST guys are friends with boss from chennai days, and he'd asked them to book one much before the showroom was operational. He always wanted a Ducati but went with BMW as the alternate was not an option then. So may be verbally first one to book on goodwill and 4th for delivery, as hes based out of country and just come-in last week.

Please do start an experience thread post delivery.

Quote:
Yes, that is the case with most sports bike layouts. The Airbox sits right above the engine to maximise air flow. It was the same case with my Street, one needs to tilt/remove the fuel tank to get to the airbox/ filter
So where is the space/container for 21 liters of fuel?

Last edited by nasirkaka : 7th January 2016 at 17:13.
Old 7th January 2016, 17:17   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WOW!! Thats some news. Big congratulations!!

As i was told, the VST guys are friends with boss from chennai days, and he'd asked them to book one much before the showroom was operational. He always wanted a Ducati but went with BMW as the alternate was not an option then. So may be verbally first one to book on goodwill and 4th for delivery, as hes based out of country and just come-in last week.

Please do start an experience thread post delivery.

So where is the space for 21 literes of fuel?
Yeah a Lot happens with these "Friendship" thingy. Alas I don't have such friends. :-)

I even had plonked a cheque (amounting to advance money) on Ganesh Chaturti to be the first to get the MTS in Bangalore but I had to defer my booking by a couple of weeks as my travel plan wasn't finalized. Mango Man you see! I don't blame the dealership at all.

The same would apply for the Versys as well. "Connected people" could get the deliveries faster than the the mango people who'd have booked earlier. But its all in the game!

I had this experience with Duke purchase.

Last edited by Shubz : 7th January 2016 at 17:22.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 17:21   #71
BHPian

Quote:
The worst design of all is Tiger Explorer 1200, to get to the airbox you have to empty the fuel tank and then remove the fuel tank which have 3 different fuel feed point and lots of plastic fairing bolts. Its nearly impossible to get air filter cleaned and changed at roadside. The best I have seen is BMW GS just remove a plastic fairing and get to the air filter.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 18:53   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I even had plonked a cheque (amounting to advance money) on Ganesh Chaturti to be the first to get the MTS in Bangalore but I had to defer my booking by a couple of weeks as my travel plan wasn't finalized. Mango Man you see! I don't blame the dealership at all.
Mango Man and Multistrada sounds a weee-bit odd in one sentence.

On a serious note, i had faced this issue with the C5 purchase experience and at that time i was really desperate to get it ASAP. Eventually, wrote mails to whole eicher family and made lots of noise on net, result of which i received a free up-swept silencer set as damages towards metal agony.

390 was relatively easier. Was 27th on the list and received the bike in 2nd lot. Kawasaki is been so lethargic with their attitude so far, have stopped thinking about deliveries. Going by ninja 650 thread and the waiting/booking temporarily stopped etc during in the initial days, there is not much hope. I have written grievance mail to kawasaki india (via their website), including a link to this thread a few days back. No reply so far, and dont think will ever come. As haroon so correctly mentions: these bikes are 'bought' in India, and not 'sold'.
Old 7th January 2016, 20:08   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT: I think I saw your boss today morning - if he wears a while Alpinestar riding attire. Also was in tow another adventure bike (couldn't notice the make since I was still trying to digest the sighting of Multistrada), ridden possibly by a lady. The gentleman who was riding the multistrada had a wide grin plastered at his face.

--Anoop
Old 7th January 2016, 22:07   #74
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1457687
Uh, excuse my OT curiosity, but did you just buy a Tuono? That ain't the Street Triple, with that second bank of the V4 poking out

Back to the topic, I'm also curious to see if the versys will take away sales from bigger, pricier adventure bikes like the Tiger 800 and its own bigger 1000cc Versys brother.
Old 8th January 2016, 11:17   #75
BHPian

Mod note: Post Edited to Fix [Quotes], please do Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.

Quote:
WOW... I would lose it if I had that lineup. What's next? He wants to pick the Tiger Explorer?

I agree about the Multistrada though. What a machine! Jaw dropping in quite a literal sense, because my wife had to hold my chin up the entire time we were in the UB City showroom.

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th January 2016 at 11:33. Reason: Post Edited to Fix [Quotes], please do Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.

Most Viewed