Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2016, 11:40   #46
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Anything on delivery, my dealer still says 2 months but not ready to book as yet....
Visited the KTM/Kawaksai showroom at Indiranagar day before, but they did still did not have any proper info on the Versys. according to them, in India, the launch happens state wise, and they may have a small launch when they receive the display bike towards the end of Jan. Thats when the OTR pricing for the state will be announced. Regarding deliveries, they gave the usual 60 days time frame, but eventually were not sure on any of this info.

Went to the kawasaki showroom next door and sat on Versys 1000. wanted to check the reach, as i guess they both share same seat height. I am 5 feet 9 inches, and could touch front half of both the feet on ground. Could not fully flat foot. But ther height felt manageable, and would improve a bit with a pair of high sole riding boots.
Anyone from mumbai/Pune with any more info on the bike? Is it displayed somewhere in Maharashtra?
Old 4th January 2016, 12:14   #47
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Anyone from mumbai/Pune with any more info on the bike? Is it displayed somewhere in Maharashtra?
No display bikes in Pune yet. Showroom folks clueless !

I was considering the Versys 650 to replace my Classic 500 Desert Storm but the lacklustre attitude of the showroom personnel has slowly diluted my interest in the brand itself.

Triumph BU Bhandari Pune has so far been great, they have promptly answered all my queries and have given multiple long test rides of the Bonneville and the Tiger so that I can decide better. The Tiger sadly is out of budget now and the Bonny is due for a replacement. I am 6'2 and the current gen Bonny feels a tad too small on me so I am not very keen on the new Street Twin as well.

That only leaves the Versys 650 in my budget for my touring needs but the limited experience with Kawasaki folks in Pune has not been impressive. They offer test rides within their showroom compound premises where you can hardly exceed 20 kph. I don't understand how can I put my hard-earned money on a motorcycle which costs 7-8 lakhs without even getting a feel of it.

The only two options I have is either keep the Classic 500 or else buy a used Ninja 650 or Bonneville till I save for a new Tiger.
Old 4th January 2016, 12:21   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet-thrust View Post
I called up the Hyderabad pro-biking and he said the bike should arrive around 5th
Whom did you speak to at Hyd Pro-Biking? Is it the one at Begumpet? Are you sure that it's arriving on 5th?
Old 4th January 2016, 13:11   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Went to the kawasaki showroom next door and sat on Versys 1000. wanted to check the reach, as i guess they both share same seat height. I am 5 feet 9 inches, and could touch front half of both the feet on ground. Could not fully flat foot. But ther height felt manageable, and would improve a bit with a pair of high sole riding boots.
Don't worry about specifically buying high sole boots. Tip-toeing is a concern only initially, once you get a hang of the bike within the first few kms, you will get the confidence. Besides when you take a passenger, the suspension will compress a little allowing you to flat foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I was considering the Versys 650 to replace my Classic 500 Desert Storm but the lacklustre attitude of the showroom personnel has slowly diluted my interest in the brand itself.

That only leaves the Versys 650 in my budget for my touring needs but the limited experience with Kawasaki folks in Pune has not been impressive. They offer test rides within their showroom compound premises where you can hardly exceed 20 kph. I don't understand how can I put my hard-earned money on a motorcycle which costs 7-8 lakhs without even getting a feel of it.

The only two options I have is either keep the Classic 500 or else buy a used Ninja 650 or Bonneville till I save for a new Tiger.
Being a tall person and if you are not a die-hard sport bike fan, I fully agree with your frustrations about Kawi, but would still say please be a little more patient and wait for the Versys

If you remember when Triumph was also initially dilly dallying their launch, many potential Bonnie buyers lost their patience & just went ahead with Sportsters, Hyosungs etc but eventually went back to the Bonnie. So the Versys maybe your do-all bike. Good wishes

Last edited by Haroon : 4th January 2016 at 13:12.
Haroon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 13:48   #50
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Being a tall person and if you are not a die-hard sport bike fan, I fully agree with your frustrations about Kawi, but would still say please be a little more patient and wait for the Versys

If you remember when Triumph was also initially dilly dallying their launch, many potential Bonnie buyers lost their patience & just went ahead with Sportsters, Hyosungs etc but eventually went back to the Bonnie. So the Versys maybe your do-all bike. Good wishes
I agree Haroon Sir. I am not in a hurry to get a bike, can easily wait for a few months. So ideally would like to see and ride the Versys 650 first. If I'm not so convinced then I will probably wait for a couple of ownership reviews to make up my mind or maybe look out for some other alternative that suits my budget and needs.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 14:30   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
kawasaki's lackluster attitude is a big put-off. even 10 days after the bike is launched in India, they do not have the OTR price in Karnataka, forget any news on display bike, delivery timeline etc. This morning, i stopped at the KTM showroom on hosur road to get a bolt tightened on my 390. While there, i generally inquired about versys and those guys have not even heard of it, inspite of a ninja 300 displayed in their window. Such is the awareness, and information.
Anyhow, easier said, but do not get disheartened and exclude the bike from your probable list. Once delivered, we may never have to visit them again. I got my 390 from the same place and never went back to them, except now for the versys. Just that need to locate a good authorized service place.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 16:54   #52
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
kawasaki's lackluster attitude is a big put-off. even 10 days after the bike is launched in India, they do not have the OTR price in Karnataka, forget any news on display bike, delivery timeline etc. This morning, i stopped at the KTM showroom on hosur road to get a bolt tightened on my 390. While there, i generally inquired about versys and those guys have not even heard of it, inspite of a ninja 300 displayed in their window. Such is the awareness, and information.
Anyhow, easier said, but do not get disheartened and exclude the bike from your probable list. Once delivered, we may never have to visit them again. I got my 390 from the same place and never went back to them, except now for the versys. Just that need to locate a good authorized service place.
There is sheer lack of awareness amongst the showroom personnel in Pune as well. There is a KTM-Kawasaki showroom near my place, I checked with them about the Versys 650 and yes they have never heard about it, infact they thought I am confused with a Ninja 650. I checked with two other showrooms as well, nothing about the Versys. No OTR price yet, no delivery details, no display or test ride bike, nothing about the Versys.

Is this the way a manufacturer launches a product? The target population knows about it but the personnel who are going to sell it have no clue.

Surprising !

I think Kawasaki better educate their staff first and then launch a motorcycle. Once the launch is done, people expect clarity and certain things about the product.
Old 4th January 2016, 19:36   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Is this the way a manufacturer launches a product? The target population knows about it but the personnel who are going to sell it have no clue.

Surprising !
That is exactly how Kawasaki in India works in my experience ! Tragic but reality.
Old 5th January 2016, 09:53   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
That is exactly how Kawasaki in India works in my experience ! Tragic but reality.
I'm only cringing about how much needs to be done. I feel like I have a responsibility towards it lol. Man I wish I got my hands on managing branding and customer relationship for Kawasaki guys. Brownie points for every customer But seriously, I'd love to have a well informed staff who can help customers understand the products better.

This is another great example to prove that if you have a great product, it WILL sell!

But if Kawasaki is reading this, better pull your socks up. Don't push it too hard. You can retain customers for life if you have the right attitude towards them.
Old 5th January 2016, 11:11   #55
BHPian

KTM usually has lots of trainees around in sales section, who are kids with very little knowledge but the mechanics should be trained in versys 650 already ( KTM BSK had already sent one mechanic). Sales manager should/will have details of the bike except the price as the ex showroom for Bangalore is not out yet.
Old 5th January 2016, 12:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

First ride report by bikewale. Mostly inline with what we already know.

http://www.bikewale.com/road-tests/k...iew-21247.html

Wonder if the bike is been given to other auto-journalists for their impression and report.
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 13:09   #57
BHPian

Quote:
First ride report by bikewale. Mostly inline with what we already know.

http://www.bikewale.com/road-tests/k...iew-21247.html

Wonder if the bike is been given to other auto-journalists for their impression and report.

Quoting the opening paragraph-

The Versys, as a brand, didn’t get lot of recognition since its introduction a year ago with the 1000, but Kawasaki is hoping to change the “This bike is not practical for India” perception to “This bike makes sense for India” with the Versys 650.

Oh yeah, Kawasaki is indeed hoping to do a lot with half the Sales folk not even aware such a super versatile great bike is coming to their showrooms. Sadly, with the exception of HD, Triumph, Benelli etc, most other superbikes are 'bought' in India....not sold!
Haroon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 21:48   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Whom did you speak to at Hyd Pro-Biking? Is it the one at Begumpet? Are you sure that it's arriving on 5th?

I spoke to the one in Banjara Hills. But I haven't followed it up.
All the best.
Old 6th January 2016, 11:31   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet-thrust View Post
I spoke to the one in Banjara Hills. But I haven't followed it up. All the best.
Can you share the number and name of the person?

I spoke to Ramesh who heads the Kawasaki dealerships (4 of them in Hyderabad) after trying for 2 days wherein his phone was switched off

His response :

1. Versys 650 is open for booking ( However, he does not have either ex-showroom nor OTR price)

2. Delivery dates? He mentioned will confirm by tomorrow EOD

3. Hyd will get on "Display" bike on Jan 10th or so

He was cordial enough and mentioned he will call back with full information by tomorrow as he was travelling last few days

He recommended that I should visit the CBU showroom and check out the V 1000 as he mentioned V 650 is almost identical

Can someone confirm if that's true?

1. height Xwidth X wheelbase same?

2. Are other parts of bike cosmetically identical or is there a difference?

3. I know the weight difference between both bikes is 28 kgs but, it would be nice to feel the bike if # 1 and # 2 are same

I am getting a TD of V 1000 on Sunday. Let's see how it goes

Final question : Is the Versys 650 released in India is exactly same as global model?
Old 6th January 2016, 12:00   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

He recommended that I should visit the CBU showroom and check out the V 1000 as he mentioned V 650 is almost identical

Can someone confirm if that's true?
I can answer this one for you. Yes the V1000 is ALMOST Identical to the V650. There is the V1000 available at Bangalore Kawasaki Showroom (Indiranagar).
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks