Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2016, 11:36   #151
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Request people to try this site http://cycle-ergo.com/ please select the motorcycle ( Kawasaki->2015 Versys 650) and then configure your height and inseam to virtually your riding position as well as your standing position with bike.
I have found this to be near to actual (checked for tiger 1200 and R1200GS) provided you enter the inseam information right. Rather than the actual height, inseam is what matters for riding and standing.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 12:32   #152
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Request people to try this site http://cycle-ergo.com/ please select the motorcycle ( Kawasaki->2015 Versys 650) and then configure your height and inseam to virtually your riding position as well as your standing position with bike.
This may be helpful in getting the right inseam.
http://www.precisiontandems.com/inseam.htm
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 15:33   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
I have found this to be near to actual (checked for tiger 1200 and R1200GS) provided you enter the inseam information right. Rather than the actual height, inseam is what matters for riding and standing.

-Pramod
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
This may be helpful in getting the right inseam.
http://www.precisiontandems.com/inseam.htm
Thank you for that valuable information. Now looking at the data here and considering my 5'8" height, I think I will be riding with only my big toe touching the ground.
Only a test Ride will clear that confusion.
Old 18th January 2016, 15:47   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
Thank you for that valuable information. Now looking at the data here and considering my 5'8" height, I think I will be riding with only my big toe touching the ground.
Only a test Ride will clear that confusion.
My MD is much shorter, (around 5,6") and rides a BMW GS (235 + kg) over all kind of terrain. He is also 55 + yrs and of lean built. I think a test ride may be intimidating esp for not so tall people, as one may require to spend some time in saddle to get used to the height and build confidence. Once done, the tall height may be a blessing in disguise.
Old 18th January 2016, 19:13   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Saw the bike last weekend, looks much better in real and finish also is not bad for the price. Seat height is definitely on the higher side, its very similar to Tiger but felt the overall set up was little more compact. Engine note is typical muted 2 cylinder Jap one, but should be again should work to its advantage as a comfortable tourer.

Attachment 1462435

Attachment 1462438
That attachments do not open up for me for some reason. Can you repost them please?
Old 18th January 2016, 20:19   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
That attachments do not open up for me for some reason. Can you repost them please?
Here you go, images might be smaller than their original size :-
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1453097138_070001.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1453097168_169340.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 22:10   #157
Senior - BHPian

I fail to understand why Kawasaki is not offering any other colour on this bike? Black is probably the least complementary colour for this design....the Versys in a twin shade combo or white would look killer!
Old 19th January 2016, 20:57   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I fail to understand why Kawasaki is not offering any other colour on this bike? Black is probably the least complementary colour for this design....the Versys in a twin shade combo or white would look killer!
True!! Was hoping for the white.
Else, even the black and green ninja combo could work better.
Not a big fan of black. The bike actually reminds me of P220 somehow vaguely.
One positive we can take out of black would be that it may not draw unwanted attention, especially when parked unattended.
Old 19th January 2016, 21:13   #159
BHPian

Quote:
True!! Was hoping for the white.
Else, even the black and green ninja combo could work better.
Not a big fan of black. The bike actually reminds me of P220 somehow vaguely.
One positive we can take out of black would be that it may not draw unwanted attention, especially when parked unattended.
With a bike of this size! I don't think the color matters

That said, yes, the 2016 colors of the versys look absolutely smashing. Too bad they aren't available here!
Old 19th January 2016, 21:32   #160
BHPian

But hey the Black looks awesome. But yeah everyone has their own personal choice which is fine. I find black color quite nice.

I would be waiting for people to buy it and then post a proper review, specially focusing in riding in non-tarmac surface.

Congrats brother for the amazing bike......
Old 19th January 2016, 22:39   #161
BHPian

I am a fan of Matt black, so damn happy. Most likely will be getting my bike last week of Jan.... Can't wait. 😂
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 23:12   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
True!! Was hoping for the white
I concur. White and Black combo is the best on Versys. Infact, it is also the most popular color combo for Triumph Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.r.K View Post
With a bike of this size! I don't think the color matters
True that. With it's bulk, it will make people gape at it without drawing attention at it's color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
But hey the Black looks awesome. But yeah everyone has their own personal choice which is fine. I find black color quite nice.
Honestly, I didn't want black as my previous bike was black. I was keen on black/white combo or any other bright color.

But, hey there are simple solutions like a "Wrap" that can change the look of the bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
Congrats brother for the amazing bike......
Congratulating which member?

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
I am a fan of Matt black, so damn happy. Most likely will be getting my bike last week of Jan.... Can't wait.
Congrats. Can't wait to hear the first ride impressions from you and lots of pictures at time of delivery

With regards to color, I find it just acceptable because it's thankfully "Matt Black" and not a gaudy shiny black
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 11:15   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am a fan of Matt black, so damn happy. Most likely will be getting my bike last week of Jan.... Can't wait.
True that! But wonder why they had to keep the tank glossy? Also, the matt part does not really look like matt but more like satin finish. Once polished, it will almost shine like semi glossy. A proper all matt black would have made a lot of difference.

Quote:
But, hey there are simple solutions like a "Wrap" that can change the look of the bike
There is a Z800 in my building which is undergone wrapping. From green black its now orange & black carbon fiber finish. Looks really nice in pics, not seen in real though. costed about 16k for the entire job. So yeah wrapping is always a possibility. Only some parts like tank appear to be too organic in form, so a proper clean wrapping will have to be tried to see how it fares.

Been thinking about a cover for the bike. My parking space in apartment is in a visible area, close to where kids play. The bike will surely attract them. They regularly use my 390 for all their experiments, but i dont want to take a change with versys. A cover would surely act as first line of defense, and deter them from climbing and twisting various parts. Any other bike (bullet?) cover which could be tried? Any one knows a place in bangalore where one can get a basic cover stitched at a basic cost. The OEM, if they sell, will be very expensive.

Also, any leads to engine guard frame? Search shown nothing available in country for versys.
Old 20th January 2016, 11:34   #164
BHPian

Quote:
A cover would surely act as first line of defense, and deter them from climbing and twisting various parts. Any other bike (bullet?) cover which could be tried? Any one knows a place in bangalore where one can get a basic cover stitched at a basic cost. The OEM, if they sell, will be very expensive.
I was using RJAYS XL cover for my bike and it was very good and lasted for more than 18 months. It costed me 1900 and definitely value for money with a soft layer inside which protects your bike from any scratch while you remove the cover. XTORQUE in HSR or THE BIKINGS online can help with the cover.

Look for XXL size as we may need bigger one for Versys considering the length and height. Not sure if XL fits for the bike
Dust_Harl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 11:40   #165
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Checked with the Pune showroom folks, the display bike will be in KTM Bund Garden showroom in another 10 days. The OTR comes to 7.2 lakhs in Pune as per the Sales Representative.

However I was in Mumbai during the weekend and happened to see the Versys 650 at KTM Kanjurmarg. OTR price in Mumbai is 7.43 lakhs and there is a waiting period of 45 days. No test ride bikes available. I sat on the saddle and tried to get a feel of the bike. For my 6-foot 100 kg frame, the height and weight didn't seem to be a problem at all. The Versys 650 is very similar to the Versys 1000, but feels a lot more compact in terms of overall length and wheelbase.

Overall impressions were good, a test ride would have been a perfect decision-maker. I'm still not convinced if I should book the Versys 650 as there are chances of me relocating out of Pune soon, so do not want the RTO hassles if I'll have to take the bike elsewhere. Better to wait for a few months till the tide settles at the workplace. It will also give me a good 3-4 month window period to wait for the Triumph Street Twin and then make an informed decision after analysing the service costs of both the bikes.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks