Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2016, 20:52   #316
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
I will visit them again after triumph announces their new bonveille price tomorrow. If it crosses 7L then it's gona be versys for me.
If 7 is OTR then it IS Versys for you
(hope i am wrong)
Old 3rd February 2016, 21:02   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
As far as my bike goes. The dealer called me and said tomorrow and now I am kinda used to that tomorrow word and started hating it. I am not keen on Tuesday delivery. I have asked him to either get the bike and park it at my place which he may not agree or have to wait till Wednesday for the delivery.
Glad you got the delivery today!!

Heartiest congratulations to your delivery today. Your bike is probably the 1st in the south and 2nd in India. Bike looks awesome. Please do share your ride experiences here.

Last edited by vprabu : 3rd February 2016 at 21:03.
Old 3rd February 2016, 21:59   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
If 7 is OTR then it IS Versys for you
(hope i am wrong)

If it's ex showroom then that will do for me and not OTR . I am still trying for the old bonveille if any dealer across NW India still has it then I won't mind getting the old bonveille as I like the old one to the new one which will have issues for sure.
Old 3rd February 2016, 23:32   #319
BHPian

KTM Pune Bund Garden delivered 3 Versys 650s today!!. They have posted the delivery pics on their FB page.
coolrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 00:01   #320
BHPian

Finally got my bike delivered today. Initial impression an amazing bike with good road presence and very lite and nimble to handle. Coming from a Harley felt the bike very easy to handle in bumper to bumper traffic and did not feel the heat much. Oh boy the bike is definitely tall and I am sure will strike the chord very well with tall riders. Suspension is top notch and so are the brakes. Took the bike in one of the narrow lane with quiet a few big patches on the road and the suspension handles very well. For me it was like my Duster or Safari that can go almost in all terrains. Also initially it was little odd for two or three minutes as I seemed to be seated higher then most of the bikes next to me but later got used to it.

If at all there is anything that I did not like so far then it is the sound. Having used to a Vtwin and having heard a few inline 4 or 3 this bike seemed very silent. I will share more details on ride quality and delivery experience maybe in a seperate ownership thread. On the accessory list, for now I am planning on Hepco Becker engine guard, sw motech Axel slider( front ) and maybe a LED light. Fellow team BHPians who own The Bikings are helping me with accessories and must say they have some good products and tieup with many adventure bike products manufacturer. Few pics will follow in sometime.
Dust_Harl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 08:00   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got my bike delivered today. Initial impression an amazing bike with good road presence and very lite and nimble to handle. Few pics will follow in sometime.

Awesome! Let me be the first to congratulate you.
Waiting for some pics with baited breath.

As far as the relatively muted exhaust note is concerned, I think it's a blessing in disguise for distance journeys.
Old 4th February 2016, 08:01   #322

Congratulations Dust_Harl . Eagerly waiting for your review and pics.

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th February 2016 at 08:35. Reason: Incorrect Quote. Please read rules how to use the quote function. Thanks!
Old 4th February 2016, 08:37   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

DH, Congrats for the bike and also for becoming the first member on forum to get the Versys 650

Look forward to pictures and more information

Can you let me know the tyre make on your bike and also did you get a chance to see the VIN to know what month/year model it is?

Agree with Jet-thrust. Speaking from experience, muted or lower decibels are always welcome on highway to enjoy the ride more...

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th February 2016 at 08:38.
Old 4th February 2016, 11:13   #324
BHPian

Tyre I think is Dunlop Sportmax D222. From the tread pattern looked a 100% road biased tyre.

Last edited by techfreak : 4th February 2016 at 11:14.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 11:21   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally got my bike delivered today. Initial impression an amazing bike with good road presence and very lite and nimble to handle. Coming from a Harley felt the bike very easy to handle in bumper to bumper traffic and did not feel the heat much. Oh boy the bike is definitely tall and I am sure will strike the chord very well with tall riders. Suspension is top notch and so are the brakes. Took the bike in one of the narrow lane with quiet a few big patches on the road and the suspension handles very well. For me it was like my Duster or Safari that can go almost in all terrains. Also initially it was little odd for two or three minutes as I seemed to be seated higher then most of the bikes next to me but later got used to it.
wow! great news!! initial impression sounds inline with expectation.
How tall are you? Would love to get height related riding feedback from someone around 5'8". Good to hear suspension is not notch. Thats the main reason for me choosing versys over the bonnie/scrambler. What are the stock suspension settings? Does the manual give enough data to start fiddling with it?
How is the handling/maneuverability in B2B traffic? Not compared to a Harley but say a smaller bike like 390? Could it be taken anywhere in the city at anytime, without any worries? How is it to crawl/snake between the traffic rush? I intend to use the bike for my daily office commute of 50 kms, if its not a hassle.
waiting to hear more on the bike.

Last edited by nasirkaka : 4th February 2016 at 11:27.
Old 4th February 2016, 11:30   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If at all there is anything that I did not like so far then it is the sound. Having used to a Vtwin and having heard a few inline 4 or 3 this bike seemed very silent. I will share more details on ride quality and delivery experience maybe in a seperate ownership thread. On the accessory list, for now I am planning on Hepco Becker engine guard, sw motech Axel slider( front ) and maybe a LED light. Fellow team BHPians who own The Bikings are helping me with accessories and must say they have some good products and tieup with many adventure bike products manufacturer. Few pics will follow in sometime.
Congratulations D-H! Nice machine you got there!

How's the heat management in crawling traffic?

At what temp does the cooling fan kick in?

Ride Safe! & Put up some pics please!
Old 4th February 2016, 14:57   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Sirji, So good to see you here. Hows and wheres you been? Planning on the versys? .

All good, just trying to get back into biking. Really confused as to what I should get. It's either 650n/ versys( too much plastic), bonveille A3 (love the polished alloys) vs street twin (just too black+un proven engine).
Old 4th February 2016, 15:24   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got my bike delivered today.
Congrats Dust_Harl on the first Versys 650 here. Dont worry about the exhaust sound, its a boon on longer rides with a silent motor. Probably you need a good & loud aftermarket horn mainly for highway use. I am sure you are enjoying the road presence of this bike unlike other bikes & the wide handlebar should be putting a big smile on your face every time you mount the bike

Yes, the ownership thread is eagerly awaited.

Wish you many many miles of enjoyable riding.
Old 4th February 2016, 15:33   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
All good, just trying to get back into biking. Really confused as to what I should get. It's either 650n/ versys( too much plastic), bonveille A3 (love the polished alloys) vs street twin (just too black+un proven engine).
Wondering why the Ducati scrambler is not in contest! Retro looks, decently priced, simple air cooled tech, ABS as well.
Old 4th February 2016, 15:54   #330
Senior - BHPian

Simply because it won't seat two comfortably and luggage bags size is restricted plus no local dealer😉
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks