Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2015, 01:40   #1
BHPian

FunByk.in: Harley-Davidson rentals in Bangalore. EDIT: Shut down

I have been scouting around for a while since my post here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3760071

Being the only HD rental service in this part of the country , they were able to command that premium pricing and so I kept pushing it. Then one fine day, I see this
http://www.funbyk.in/welcome-1.html
while browsing and as they say healthy competition is always good

It's a much smaller affair compared to its competitor, but then what the heck ! A harley is a harley and with rentals sometimes nearing half that of wicked ride - I decided to check it out.
A nondescript space in HSR layout which you will easily miss unless you are looking for it. But carry a cheque and an ID proof and you are good to go. The owner (Ananth - 9845775599 ) is a Harley owner himself and it shows :-)
Anyway I got my first harley ride at a little over a 1000 bucks for half a day. Weekends are higher though but still wont burn a hole. The Iron 883 that I picked up was well maintained with about 20K on the ODO. 100 kms is allowed as per their rules for the half day thingy and was more than enough for a ride with friends and family through the rings and 'nice's of Bangalore

I believe they have a few super lows as well in their stable apart from the enfields. He says they are expanding soon..More details when I do the weekend trip. Recommended for all to give it a shot if you are ok with the black on white number plates.

Here are a couple of shots :

boy , the heat generated in this area in the nice pic can literally burn a hole and not just in your pocket
FunByk.in: Harley-Davidson rentals in Bangalore. EDIT: Shut down-dsc01625.jpg

Next to my good ol RE..
FunByk.in: Harley-Davidson rentals in Bangalore. EDIT: Shut down-dsc01624.jpg

As an aside , just in case you are interested here is a titbit about 'The sound of Harley'
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/harley3.htm

Ride safe !
mail2sekh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 11:01   #2
BHPian

re: FunByk.in: Harley-Davidson rentals in Bangalore. EDIT: Shut down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2sekh View Post
boy , the heat generated in this area in the nice pic can literally burn a hole and not just in your pocket
I've once melted the heel of my shoe off on the exhaust of my Fatboy, especially in traffic these things really become hot.

Nice to see more bike rentals coming up, but I feel the price is still quite high considering the mileage limits.
Old 30th December 2015, 11:40   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for sharing! Love their tagline Motorcycle Therapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2sekh View Post
Anyway I got my first harley ride at a little over a 1000 bucks for half a day.
That's cheap! A Harley experience for the cost of 2 people visiting Starbucks. Love this concept of big bike rentals. It's ideal for enthusiasts like me who love bikes, but don't own one.

May their tribe grow. Competition will only make things better for us, the customers.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 12:14   #4
BHPian

Do they rent out gear along with the bike as well? Atleast, a helmet?
Old 30th December 2015, 13:49   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Won't that be unhygienic? I mean, just like socks and shoes, helmets ideally shouldn't be shared.
Divya Sharan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 14:24   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Won't that be unhygienic? I mean, just like socks and shoes, helmets ideally shouldn't be shared.
Absolutely right. Not to mention the odd smells in helmets used by other people, plus the risk of some foul unmentionable skin disease!
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 14:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's ideal for enthusiasts like me who love bikes, but don't own one.

May their tribe grow. Competition will only make things better for us, the customers.
And Let the riders who ride this, ride responsibly. For the moment there is power on hand - One could lose their mind.

The things one could do on a personal commuter bike, cannot/should not be tried with this mean machines. Respect the machine for its capability. One cannot get used to these beasts in a day.

Wish everyone rides safe!

Have seen some terribly damaged/mangled bikes at the HD service station -- when asked -- i was told -- there were from a rental company.
Old 30th December 2015, 15:19   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Absolutely right. Not to mention the odd smells in helmets used by other people, plus the risk of some foul unmentionable skin disease!
I don't have a bike at home and hence no gear. I would any day wear a foul smelling helmet to save my head, than to ride without one.
shifu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 17:01   #9
BHPian

Quote:
I don't have a bike at home and hence no gear. I would any day wear a foul smelling helmet to save my head, than to ride without one.
I didn't mean to say that you should ride without one. Get a decent LS2/MT/SOL types helmet. Costs between 4k to 6k. Won't hurt spending this much if you plan on renting HDs for leisure rides.
Divya Sharan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 13:53   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, they give a helmet along with the bike but no other gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for sharing! Love their tagline Motorcycle Therapy
Love this concept of big bike rentals. It's ideal for enthusiasts like me who love bikes, but don't own one.
Exactly.In any case it is unrealistic to use it for regular commute , economically as well as a practically. Even if you have the money and passion , the traffic kills the fun anyway. So rent when you want !

Quote:
I didn't mean to say that you should ride without one. Get a decent LS2/MT/SOL types helmet. Costs between 4k to 6k. Won't hurt spending this much if you plan on renting HDs for leisure rides.
Totally agree. Get an armour if possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
And Let the riders who ride this, ride responsibly. For the moment there is power on hand - One could lose their mind.
Respect the machine for its capability. One cannot get used to these beasts in a day.
True that. Ridiculous comparison but still - I have a daily use
nano 620CC, 37BHP and weighing 750kg carrying 4 people while this beast is at
880CC ,50 BHP and at 250kg carrying one person. So the 'power surge' feel is like what , 25 times ? Motorcycle therapy indeed

The keys were a total letdown though. My school days' TVS key was swanky compared to this. Seriously ?
mail2sekh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 16:17   #11
Senior - BHPian

Just went over their website. Awesome pricing!! Really hope they do well and add more to their inventory (and still keep pricing competitive)

I was however looking for a "terms and conditions" sort of a section. Like what is the customer's liability / procedure to deal with a crash. I think Zoomcar for example has a max liability of Rs 5000 in case customer were to crash the car. Something similar here would further instill confidence in renting out a bike, being fully aware of "what if" scenarios
Old 15th November 2017, 17:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

Are these guys still in business?
FunByk.in: Harley-Davidson rentals in Bangalore. EDIT: Shut down-o.jpg

Most Viewed