Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2016, 01:49   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph Street Triple - Severe stalling issue

Quick Update:

I got a phone call from Sunil Sharma of Triumph India yesterday, he has mentioned the company will be making an official statement on this on 25th April, also they are calling this issue something else, not stalling he used some other terms that I cant remember. I know a lot of us are very eager to hear what they have to say.
quickdraw is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 23:53   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Quick Update:

I got a phone call from Sunil Sharma of Triumph India yesterday, he has mentioned the company will be making an official statement on this on 25th April, also they are calling this issue something else, not stalling he used some other terms that I cant remember. I know a lot of us are very eager to hear what they have to say.
Hello buddy,
Do we have any official statements from Triumph on this issue ? Can any striple owners share the current status ?
Old 30th April 2016, 04:00   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quick update:

Triumph India has been sending engineers to all their outlets and training their local staff to handle this issue. What exactly they have been trained is still a mystery. Still no official word.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 13:55   #94
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

Quick update regarding this, Triumph is calling this issue 'Erratic Idle Behaviour' and a lot of people have taken their bikes to get the ECU map updated which should prevent this. Owners have reported mixed results, they have also reduced the service intervals to 5000km. Triumph has also stopped selling spares over the counter which has angered many owners. Will update this thread once I've had a chance to get my bike to them. Currently my bike isn't stalling.
quickdraw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 21:03   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

Quick update regarding this, Triumph is calling this issue 'Erratic Idle Behaviour' and a lot of people have taken their bikes to get the ECU map updated which should prevent this. Owners have reported mixed results, they have also reduced the service intervals to 5000km. Triumph has also stopped selling spares over the counter which has angered many owners. Will update this thread once I've had a chance to get my bike to them. Currently my bike isn't stalling.
Thanks for this update and am literally speechless on what Triumph is thinking
Old 19th July 2016, 17:36   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quick update

Triumph India had called me a few days earlier and offered to replace the air filter and do some tweaks to the bike to solve 'Erratic Idle Behaviour' of the bike. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to get it done myself but have ample reports of people who have gone ahead with the fix on their bikes.

They are replacing these parts on affected bikes

Air Intake
Triumph Street Triple - Severe stalling issue-whatsappimage20160719.jpeg

Air Filter
Triumph Street Triple - Severe stalling issue-whatsappimage20160719-2.jpeg

ECU Map
Triumph Street Triple - Severe stalling issue-whatsappimage20160719-4.jpeg

Unfortunately I have not seen conclusive reports of this fix solving the stalling issue as some people have reported it has helped, and some have mentioned that the bikes are still stalling. Also many have reported with the updated ECU map the power on their bikes has gone down to 79ps, if you don't remember Triumph had sold bikes in India with fake performance figures and had compensated owners in cash and re-tuned the bikes to UK spec. LINK - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...e-figures.html

Thankfully they are offering this fix to bikes which are out of warranty as-well. But looks like the long list of blunders by Triumph India continues. I will report with more conclusive information and urge Street Triple owners who have had this fix done to share their thoughts on this thread.
quickdraw is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 09:07   #97
BHPian

Guys - going by this thread, should I buy a used Street Triple?

The stalling issue is a major deal breaker and i will be a first time rider (had a Suzuki Samurai for 3 years during college days - approx 15 years back)

I was liking this bike as its very light and flickable which suits my needs - I will be primarily enjoying this bike on Sundays on NH8 and revving it hard for the sound.

The Z800 is too heavy for me and the MT09 too expensive.

Is the stalling issue solved?
Old 10th August 2016, 09:25   #98
CGB
BHPian

Hello quickdraw,
One of my colleagues street triple facing the same stalling issue now. Its been kept in service centre for more than a week. I have told them about your update and they strictly deny it.
They tell the battery, wiring looms, starter motor, ignition coils might be the culprit and looking for the issue and delaying as they couldn't figure out the issue.

The bike has ran around 8500kms with the stock exhaust.
Old 14th August 2016, 00:55   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGB View Post
Hello quickdraw,
One of my colleagues street triple facing the same stalling issue now. Its been kept in service centre for more than a week. I have told them about your update and they strictly deny it.
They tell the battery, wiring looms, starter motor, ignition coils might be the culprit and looking for the issue and delaying as they couldn't figure out the issue.

The bike has ran around 8500kms with the stock exhaust.
Where is he located? Can you pm me his number, i'll add him to the whatsapp group.
quickdraw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 22:26   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Quick update
I will report with more conclusive information and urge Street Triple owners who have had this fix done to share their thoughts on this thread.
Hey Quick Draw, Thank you for the update. I have been seriously considering the Striple. Considering the kawasaki Delhi sales experience has been very sad for me. Have the new 2016 models been resolved with the issue?
Old 22nd September 2016, 14:24   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Hey Quick Draw, Thank you for the update. I have been seriously considering the Striple. Considering the kawasaki Delhi sales experience has been very sad for me. Have the new 2016 models been resolved with the issue?
Not really, mixed reports from everywhere. Also, the Street Triple is due for an update next year. If you can wait for a year or maybe ask the dealer for discounts.
Old 23rd September 2016, 11:50   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Not really, mixed reports from everywhere. Also, the Street Triple is due for an update next year. If you can wait for a year or maybe ask the dealer for discounts.
Ok, Deal they are offering. So i am sure its due for an update. But they said Speed Triple will be launched first and Street 800 may be expected. But no clarity at the moment. For the stalling issue they said, They have worked out the niggles. But reading your experience. Its got very confusing again.
Old 23rd September 2016, 14:40   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, Deal they are offering. So i am sure its due for an update. But they said Speed Triple will be launched first and Street 800 may be expected. But no clarity at the moment. For the stalling issue they said, They have worked out the niggles. But reading your experience. Its got very confusing again.
Want to share the details of the 'deal' man? Unless specific to you, it's an info junta can be benefited from...
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 15:49   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They absolutely have not, in fact the solution they are offering takes down the power to 79ps which is unacceptable for me. So I didn't get it done. People who did have reported mixed responses with some favourable and some not.

It's a great bike though, you should push them to give you more freebies and power upgrade and go for it. Won't be disappointed.
quickdraw is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 18:00   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Want to share the details of the 'deal' man? Unless specific to you, it's an info junta can be benefited from...
They are giving an Arrow Exhaust + Arrow Map,Wind Shield,Rear Cowl and Under belly , Complimentary. I guess accessories are worth a lac at-least.

Quote:
They absolutely have not, in fact the solution they are offering takes down the power to 79ps which is unacceptable for me. So I didn't get it done. People who did have reported mixed responses with some favourable and some not.

It's a great bike though, you should push them to give you more freebies and power upgrade and go for it. Won't be disappointed.
I had my heart on the speed triple, Looks like a package but new one is round the corner and would be much higher priced, Also dont want to wait any more, Waited for a long time already. Right now its like, Its either this Street or no bike at all. After reading here, Got confused as to what to-do.

Most Viewed