Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2016, 12:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph Tiger 800 XCx - Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerameti View Post
It was 'my' pleasure checking out your bike Shubz, how about this weekend ? Will showoff my new gear
Sure Veera Sir! Am planning a long one to Yercaud and back this Sunday. Want to finish up with the 1000 km thingy before Would love it if you can join! :-)

Planning to start off from JLR showroom on Hosur road between 6:00- 6:30 AM

More the merrier!

Last edited by Shubz : 12th February 2016 at 12:29.
Old 12th February 2016, 14:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
navin, not to sound flippant, as all is about the biker and not the bike.
Don't think you are being flippant mate. Also it is true to know your limits as the bike has none. I am from a school of thoughts wherein I feel comfortable on purpose built machines rather than modifying them to do what we want them to do. It puts me at ease.
Quote:
The Tiger is a capable off-road machine, but needs to be handled according to its build/design, any bike ridden beyond this will result in long faces. The major off-road I did was on a solo ride, the Tiger was great with TC kicking in sometimes, the uphill was ridden with lots of loose stones. I was not pushing it speed wise and not trying to slide the rear as I had not even informed anyone I would be in that place, I was there purely by chance.
The TC aiding while doing offroading sounds great. There is no taking away the fact that the Tiger is one of the best ADV Tourer around.
Quote:
Nearly a decade ago I on my 350 Machismo and a friend on his RX came from Mananthavadi through Kabini (Jungle lodge route) the road was non-existent, huge pits and boulders, yet we managed to cover the road, only slowly and spending lot of energy in handling the bike, my bike had a loose muffler at the end. The same road on the Tiger might be a little faster and less tiresome but no less anxious (for me). Don't wait for a bike, go ahead and ride.
I know that stretch mate as I have been in Wayanad a dozen times during my school summer vacations. Its a Jeep country and some stretches which looks like roads are actually not roads but trails made by people and animals walking on them on foot. I had a similar experience while riding in the monsoon on such a lonely stretch in interior Maharashtra where there was no road. I rode for about 50 kms offroad on my AVL Tbird 350 through slush, puddles, water streams, stones, gravel, clay, etc. When I cleared that stretch I felt the need for an ADV Tourer which will enable me to stand on foot pegs, high GC will help in water fording and increase entry and exit angles, heavy duty long travel suspension will ensure the bike doesn't bottom out, and many more such things. I am waiting it out as the ADV Tourer scene is opening up in India with Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, KTM, Benelli, etc. coming in.
Old 12th February 2016, 16:20   #18
BHPian

Great write-up, very detailed - loved it!!! I took the delivery of my XCX on 29th Jan, 2016 from New Delhi and rode it down to Kanpur the next day - 500 Kms approx. I love the way it handles - an awesome bike!!!
Devrishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 16:38   #19
BHPian

Awesome ownership thready and many congratulation. Ride safe and God Speed. Looking forward for your Bharath Yatra thread.

By the way, saw your ride video to Sira windmill farm and it looked awesome. Keen to ride along with you there but not sure if my Versys can take the brunt. I guess that's a must do location for folks with adventure bikes.
Old 12th February 2016, 17:06   #20
BHPian

I would also love to own a triumph one day - but, does it make sense to buy one of these mean machines when they stay at the service center more than they do at your home? This is one of the reasons I refrain myself from buying these expensive bikes. I totally understand and appreciate the smile they put on your face while on the road but it does put a tear in my eye if the bike is not available at your disposal all the time.
Old 12th February 2016, 17:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSaint View Post
I would also love to own a triumph one day - but, does it make sense to buy one of these mean machines when they stay at the service center more than they do at your home? This is one of the reasons I refrain myself from buying these expensive bikes. I totally understand and appreciate the smile they put on your face while on the road but it does put a tear in my eye if the bike is not available at your disposal all the time.
Thats not as a Rule bro! More as an exception. The folks who buy these kind of bikes are sensible & capable riders. But in case of an unfortunate incident, the vehicle is bound to be grounded awaiting parts/spares etc.

Isn't this the case with any vehicle? what would a commuter bike or a passenger car service center do if the particular part is not available or not in stock? Would we think of just that and not go for a car or a bike? LoL!
Old 12th February 2016, 18:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
Keen to ride along with you there but not sure if my Versys can take the brunt. I guess that's a must do location for folks with adventure bikes.
Dust_Harl, belated Congratulations on your Versys. I am sure any adv bike branded as 'soft-roader' can do that route, only necessary protection for bike is a good sump guard against flying stones and doing sane speeds. I think Versys 650 comes with a sump guard (plastic ?) That path is a jeep track, 4WD Sumo needs to access the installation site, and there is a maintenance crew at the top 24/7. Only issue is that there are lots of loose stones. Lets go there once I am back, we shall have confidence in numbers, or don't wait for me, team up with others here and ride there. Just ensure to carry water and food, not many options after Sira.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSaint View Post
I refrain myself from buying these expensive bikes. I totally understand and appreciate the smile they put on your face while on the road but it does put a tear in my eye if the bike is not available at your disposal all the time.
This is true for all phoren brands I think, mishaps can happen anywhere with any vehicle, let that not stop you from owning your dream machine, think of only the smiles/grins you will be sporting !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devrishi View Post
I took the delivery of my XCX on 29th Jan, 2016 from New Delhi and rode it down to Kanpur the next day - 500 Kms approx. I love the way it handles - an awesome bike!!!
Devrishi, Congratulations on getting the tiger, please explore all the suspension settings, the rightish ones will totally change its behaviour in cornering and braking. Might sound rich coming from me, pls put up an ownership review at the earliest, before we are swamped with Versys reports (that too is not bad) . Ride safe !

Regards,
Veera
veerameti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 20:42   #23
BHPian

Request you to share the route here. Keen to ride to the windmill farm in a month or so. The route and the location looked awesome and apt for adventure riding.

Last edited by GTO : 13th February 2016 at 12:09. Reason: No PM business - whatever has to be shared should be on the forum only. Thanks
Dust_Harl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 09:25   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Veerameti, Many congratulations in acquiring a bike that kept me awake for many nights in the past and those dreams still haunt me and solution to make those torturous dreams go away was an expensive and unfeasible one

Thanks for creating one of the best threads on Tiger on forum with such detailed feedback and your writing style totally compliments it

If ever in future my pocket permits me to buy the Tiger, I know which thread to refer

Keep riding, keep sharing (even minor updates) and of course, tons of pictures and videos too.

Rated 5* and Subscribed to it...
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 11:46   #25
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Veera - Congratulations on buying one of my favorite bikes. You have now got me glued to this thread more than that of the Godzilla. The white Bengal Tiger does look majestic with all those accessories.

Congrats again, Ride Safe .. Looking forward to your Tigerlogues now
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 12:26   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
Request you to PM the route or share it here.
Dust_Harl,
The route I took was Blr - Sira - Bukkapatna - Chikkanayakanahalli - KB Cross - Turuvekere - Yediyur - Blr.

Before Sira bye-pass starts, there is a large BP sign, you get good food here (Kamat) after this the road curves to the left, at the next junction take a left off the highway, from hereon it is a complete mix of all types of road conditions, good to crater laden. Around Bukkapatna the wind mills should be visible on your right, continue on this road till you reach a junction with a right hand turn (quite a few small shops are here, I think this road continues on to Hiriyur on the Blr-Chitradurga highway). Take this right, you can see the road heading straight to the wind mills. After passing a power sub-station on your left, look out for a left here for the wind mills. Ask around for the way to wind mills. Take a nice camera, the views from below the wind mills is vast and very good. Coming back to the junction, carry on towards Chikkanayakanahalli, the road improves very much with quite a few long turns. From KB cross, you can come to Bangalore via Tumkur or carry on towards Turuvekere and Yediyur to reach the Bangalore Hassan highway. You can experience 4 lane roads to nice single roads and of course the wind mill access road. The route I took was approximately 370 kms round from my place. Let us know about your experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Keep riding, keep sharing (even minor updates) and of course, tons of pictures and videos too.
Thanks mobike008, I shall certainly keep this thread updated, will shortly post pics of 3M stickered Tiger and panniers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
The white Bengal Tiger does look majestic with all those accessories.
V12, thanks for the name, I think I shall christen my Tiger the same.

Regards,
Veera
veerameti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 21:30   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
V12, thanks for the name, I think I shall christen my Tiger the same.
Let me know if you would like me to EDIT the title and include your newly christened name?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 09:30   #28
BHPian

Hi wonderful thread, congratulations for the new XCX. I rented this last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the ride. It is very stable; high ground clearance helps over speed breakers and it handled bad roads very well too. Have to be conscious of the width though.

Wish you a million miles of happy riding!!!
Old 16th February 2016, 06:32   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roovee View Post
Hi wonderful thread, congratulations for the new XCX. I rented this last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the ride. It is very stable; high ground clearance helps over speed breakers and it handled bad roads very well too. Have to be conscious of the width though.

Wish you a million miles of happy riding!!!
Where can we rent a tiger in india?? Any website like zoomcar or driven?
Old 16th February 2016, 06:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cUjO View Post
Where can we rent a tiger in india?? Any website like zoomcar or driven?
I rented it from Wickedride in Bangalore.

www.wickedride.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks