Team-BHP - Triumph Street Twin & Bonneville T120
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Triumph Street Twin & Bonneville T120 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/172865-triumph-street-twin-bonneville-t120-2.html)

Man thruxton R looks really beautiful. That classic fairing and shova/ohlins looks awesome.

Has lot of modern equipment as well ABS, slipper clutch, 3 riding modes and throttle by wire etc. just look at it :D

Triumph Street Twin & Bonneville T120-thruxtonr_trackracer_accessoryinspirationkitlores.jpg

Power drift video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5jebQ6zI3c

The Triumph Street Twin was unveiled in Mumbai today by Shaman Motors. 4 lucky owners were given delivery of their bikes - with registration numbers. My friend was one of the 4 owners and the first one to unveil his bike. Any Bhpians booked one?

Some pics :

The lineup outside the showroom. Spot the odd bike out.
Triumph Street Twin & Bonneville T120-psx_20160305_233431.jpg

The 4 customer bikes waiting to be unveiled.
Triumph Street Twin & Bonneville T120-psx_20160305_233121.jpg

The Street Twin
Triumph Street Twin & Bonneville T120-psx_20160305_212402.jpg

The 4 lucky owners
Triumph Street Twin & Bonneville T120-psx_20160305_233905.jpg

Well, I have already booked a Street Twin (Red) and it is in the dealer's yard already. Waiting for a test ride soon. However, there is a official launch by the dealer in Kochi. Delivery will be only after that.
Now the interesting part is that I laid my eyes on T100 which was parked aside Street Twin. Though ST is technically more advanced bike, the T100 is a beauty. The icing on the cake is that now there are discounts on older stocks of T100 - which makes it substantially less than ST. I have asked for a test ride of ST along with T100.
I would have loved to get a T120. However it is another 2L more than the ST now! And for my riding requirements and for the roads I have, I am more than happy with 900 cc mill than 1200. But what makes it attractive for me in T100 & T120 is its styling and other features. Still the 2L difference is a barrier for me :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 3926113)
The Triumph Street Twin was unveiled in Mumbai today by Shaman Motors. 4 lucky owners were given delivery of their bikes - with registration numbers. My friend was one of the 4 owners and the first one to unveil his bike.

Nice. Red ST looks really beautiful. What is the OTR in Mumbai your friend paid?

I'm eagerly waiting for a comparison of Old Bonnie vs. Street Twin

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreelalts (Post 3926158)
Now the interesting part is that I laid my eyes on T100 which was parked aside Street Twin. Though ST is technically more advanced bike, the T100 is a beauty. The icing on the cake is that now there are discounts on older stocks of T100 - which makes it substantially less than ST. I have asked for a test ride of ST along with T100.(

Congrats. What is the OTR price in Kerala?

Please test ride the ST and T100 and let us know your comparison report?

I have a feeling you will like the Street Twin more with respect to how the bike rides. But, would be interesting to know your feedback so please do share:thumbs up

Just received a call from Triumph Delhi that the Street Twin is now available for test rides and deliveries are commencing today itself. Good luck to all the potential owners! :)

Booked the ST in Matt Black on Feb 20th and got a call yesterday that if I could pay in complete, I'd get my vehicle today along with the launch (BLR). Made quick arrangements and got delivered the first ST in Bangalore! The bike is fantastic - smooth, great power delivery, huge torque that puts a grin on your face! A more detailed report coming up in the next few days. But here are some pix for now. Triumph Street Twin & Bonneville T120-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457267290.066810.jpgTriumph Street Twin & Bonneville T120-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457267320.814565.jpgTriumph Street Twin & Bonneville T120-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457267375.436307.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3926249)
Nice. Red ST looks really beautiful. What is the OTR in Mumbai your friend paid?

I'm eagerly waiting for a comparison of Old Bonnie vs. Street Twin

I guess it was somewhere around 8.2x OTR Mumbai (Andheri RTO). The Street Twin may definitely be an amazing bike but I feel Triumph somehow tried to cut a lot of corners to keep the price closer to the Bonneville.

Things that are better compared to the Bonneville :
Something's that I think could have been better :
Anyways these are just my views. Would be good to have views from existing Bonneville owners. And obviously a comparison with the Ducati Scrambler, which is is main competitor.

Smurthy - Congrats on your Speed Twin. It looks great in matt black. But personally I would prefer the red color. I guess the Desert Storm in the background belongs to you. Lot of the Bonneville riders have upgraded from their Enfields - but still have them as their second bike.

What mods have you planned on your ST? Are there any accessories available for the ST yet - frame sliders, radiator guard, etc?

P.S. So how many Street bikes do we have in India?

I rode the street twin last week and its completely different from the old Bonneville (which I have). Must have done just over a kilometer so this is just an initial impressions view.

This is a much smaller bike and boy does it move! the low end torque is magnificent and just propels you forward. You can tell that this is no carbed bike - just a well set up fuel injected engine. Very nice pull in every gear.

Biggest pluses over the old bike - suspensions, low end torque, ABS and traction control which make it worth over the SE. progressive springs make a huge difference and you feel very planted on the roads. Gearshifts are also very nice and the feedback you get is meaty and solid. Loved it.

The clutch effort is unreal. its so light that I thought the cable was broken!
Fuel tank - even if its smaller, will have the same range as the older bike - around 225-240 km between refills with some buffer. The smaller size is well compensated by improvement in fuel economy. Factor about 8-10% reduction in fuel economy if you want free flows.

What I totally hated was the handle bar. Its too flat and straight for me. Would have liked it if they were slightly backswept. But there may be other riders out there who will like it.

Its a small bike and can pass off as a regular two wheeler on the road.

So in my view, buy this bike if you are actually going to ride it everyday. Of course over the weekend, it ll be a lovely mid distance mile muncher but that's not really what this is for. Just put your riding jacket, shoes and helmet on this and ride away. Perfect for lavasa/ lonavala/ mahabaleshwar over weekends.

If you are looking for a more involving experience, I think the T120 for the classic bike enthusiasts and the street triple for more modern bike lovers are more appropriate choices.

Given how expensive they are, finances could be a big factor on why people would buy these bikes over what you actually desire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smurthy2807 (Post 3926339)
got delivered the first ST in Bangalore!

Congratulations smurty2807 on the street twin! clap:

The bike looks awesome in that matt black colour. The red colour with the stripes is good, but I think that the matt black color has a lot more 'mean' look to it. Love it's simple, back to basics look. Perfect bike for someone upgrading from a RE (am guessing that the RE classic - matt desert storm is yours)

Congratulations again and ride safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 3926473)

Things that are better compared to the Bonneville :
  • New engine, chassis.
  • much needed ABS.
  • Traction Control and Ride by Wire
  • More torque
  • Superb looking and sounding satin finish exhaust pipes.
  • Extremely light clutch

Engine immobilizer as well - I don't think it was available on the earlier model.

Quote:

Something's that I think could have been better :[list][*]Larger fuel tank. The bike looks much smaller than the T100. [*]Better indicator lights. They could have used LED indicators. The current ones look a bit cheap.

Agree on both points above.

Quote:

Smurthy - Congrats on your Speed Twin. It looks great in matt black. But personally I would prefer the red color. I guess the Desert Storm in the background belongs to you. Lot of the Bonneville riders have upgraded from their Enfields - but still have them as their second bike.
What mods have you planned on your ST? Are there any accessories available for the ST yet - frame sliders, radiator guard, etc?

The red and silver have the true classic look. Unfortunately, can't keep the DS - it'll go to a good home though. Accessories: I'll probably go with the sump guard, the crash guard, and the led indicators to start with. I wanted the Brat Tracker inspiration kit, but I suspect I won't be able to afford it for a bit :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrogary (Post 3926655)
I rode the street twin last week and its completely different from the old Bonneville (which I have). Must have done just over a kilometer so this is just an initial impressions view.

This is a much smaller bike and boy does it move! the low end torque is magnificent and just propels you forward. You can tell that this is no carbed bike - just a well set up fuel injected engine. Very nice pull in every gear.

Absolutely! This thing moves and leaves you with a huge grin.

Quote:

Biggest pluses over the old bike - suspensions, low end torque, ABS and traction control which make it worth over the SE. progressive springs make a huge difference and you feel very planted on the roads. Gearshifts are also very nice and the feedback you get is meaty and solid. Loved it. The clutch effort is unreal. its so light that I thought the cable was broken!
Fuel tank - even if its smaller, will have the same range as the older bike - around 225-240 km between refills with some buffer. The smaller size is well compensated by improvement in fuel economy. Factor about 8-10% reduction in fuel economy if you want free flows.

I was sold on the Bonnie after test riding a T100 and there's a large difference between the ST and the T100 - you outline all of them really well above.

Quote:

Its a small bike and can pass off as a regular two wheeler on the road.So in my view, buy this bike if you are actually going to ride it everyday. Of course over the weekend, it ll be a lovely mid distance mile muncher but that's not really what this is for. Just put your riding jacket, shoes and helmet on this and ride away. Perfect for lavasa/ lonavala/ mahabaleshwar over weekends.

Ladies and gentlemen, this paragraph above hits the proverbial nail on the head. I was clear that I wanted an extremely functional almost daily city bike with the rare longer ride. I wanted it nimble, quick, and a natural upgrade from my Enfield - the ST checks off every one of those points and with about 40kms on it today, I am clear that it is a winner for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpkumar (Post 3926657)
Congratulations smurty2807 on the street twin! clap:

The bike looks awesome in that matt black colour. The red colour with the stripes is good, but I think that the matt black color has a lot more 'mean' look to it. Love it's simple, back to basics look. Perfect bike for someone upgrading from a RE (am guessing that the RE classic - matt desert storm is yours)

Congratulations again and ride safe.

Thank you very much - I am very happy with the purchase and I'm sure the other gentleman who picked up a red ST yesterday (he was about 50ish, also moving up from an RE) will be equally happy with his buy. The matt black meaner look is exactly what I wanted - in fact, had blacked out all the chrome from my DS a year into buying it. Along with ST, I also picked up a Shark S700 helmet (Matt Black again). Moving from an open face helmet, I feel constricted, but honestly, far safer when riding.

For everyone who's thinking about this bike, ride it, you'll buy it!
Cheers...

Was one of the privileged few to attend the mumbai launch. I have mine booked and registered and ready for delivery tomorrow! A ride report and buying experience thread will be up soon. meanwhile, here are a few pics of the new Street Twin from the launch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smally (Post 3929959)
Was one of the privileged few to attend the mumbai launch. I have mine booked and registered and ready for delivery tomorrow! A ride report and buying experience thread will be up soon. meanwhile, here are a few pics of the new Street Twin from the launch.

Hey Smally, is that a true-blue Scrambler or a scrambler-ised T100? Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by grplr02 (Post 3929961)

Looked like a True Blue. But i maybe wrong. Took the pic just as i was leaving the showroom. I was in a hurry so couldn't check it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grplr02 (Post 3929961)

Quote:

Originally Posted by smally (Post 3929964)
Looked like a True Blue. But i maybe wrong. Took the pic just as i was leaving the showroom. I was in a hurry so couldn't check it.

The larger headlight indicates that this is a T100. The stock Scrambler headlight is smaller. What a tastefully and brilliantly modded Bonnie this is, one of the best I have seen in India. Adresses all the shortcomings of the bike and then some more..

Thanks for sharing smally.

Congrats Smally!!

That's a Bonnie converted to a Scrambler - and a very good conversion I should say. It looks like stock company bike - obviously since it has all OE Triumph parts/ accessories. I am not sure but I think it belongs to someone in Triumph Pune. Got to speak to him briefly at the launch and complimented him for the amazing mod.